Viewing 39 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

Many of us who crossdress aren’t blessed with a smaller body build, making it somewhat difficult to find clothes that fit, shoes that fit, pass easily, etc. However, that doesn’t stop us, we still learn how to downplay and camouflage our male characteristics and shop to find whatever we need to help us express our feminine selves as much as possible.

As an average sized guy (I’m 5’10”), while I’m not that big, I still have to search carefully to find the right dresses and heels that I can wear.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

Are you one of the lucky ones with a smaller frame, so you can shop and pass easily?

Hugs,

Holly

Sadly, I’m not small at 5’10” and measure (with forms) 47-39-44 and a size 12ww or 13 womans shoe. I so wish I was smaller than I am but with big hips and small size 7 or 8 feet. It can be very trying to find the right clothes and shoes are a major challenge, makes me want to just cry sometimes lol

CelesteCD
      Lady

Thankfully taller women are not that uncommon these days 5’9” or even 5’10”….but sadly I wish I was only that tall after I had heels on.  Put me in heels and I’m a guard in the NBA.  Does that stop me? Nope.   🙂

I am not sure if the outside world will ever be a place for me. I am 73 and broad shouldered big boned man but in pretty good shape and have tried my makeup kit and I have tried on many different clothes and styles of lingerie but when I got my first pair of heels and wore them I became 6″5″and about the only date I would get is with a basketball player.
      Don’t get me wrong; I am lucky to live on my own in the country and I love feeling like a woman in the privacy of my home. I even baked yesterday and got completely feminized before I started.
      I will always wear panties now as I threw out all my old male underwear and feel uncomfortable without my bra on even when I go out. I know hindsight is 20/20 but I wish in my heart I could have done this 50 years ago (But it was illegal back then) because I probably would be a 100% woman to this day. Now I have to live in the closet but thank you CDH and everyone here for all your help and encouragement to let Sara free
      We both love you for that
      Sara

Oh my Holly, the grass always seems to be greener.  I answered other.  At 5 feet 5 inches and 122 pounds, with a feminine body and a not so feminine face, I’ve always been misgendered.  It’s great sometimes (drink discounts at the bar) and then again sometimes not (“hey darlin, what did they send you to get today?” at the auto parts store).  Until I found out that I was intersex, I was not happy about the situation.  Now that I understand, it all makes sense and I really don’t care how people address me.  If the situation seems appropriate,  I will explain that I’m an intersex person, use the opportunity to educate and go on about my business.      Marg

I am one of the fortunate girls, I stand at 5’6″, 2 inches more than the average height for a woman in North America. My shoulders are average for a guy so a little bit broad but passable. I used to fit a ladies size 10 shoe but now it has to be a wide 11. I am a trans woman and live and work as a woman 24/7, I shop for everything as a woman and pass as one most of the time. Feel free to check out my photos and tell me if you think I pass, always good to hear from other girls 😉

Lots of hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

J J
      Lady

I said “yes”, but it is a qualified “yes”. I am 5’10” 165lbs so am slim, but not skinny. I have thin arms and shoulders, certainly not feminine, but not bulky male either. I feel I look best with long sleeves to hide my shoulders and upper arms. I have cyclist legs, so they are slim and firm and since they are shaved I can wear short dresses easily.

Unfortunately no . When I first started dress I wore a size 8 but now due to age and weight I wear a 10 or 12 depending on the dress .

Anonymous
      Lady

Unfortunately for me its a big NO. I’m six ft, 205 lbs, broad shouldered, no butt, big hands, big feet, belly and a masculine face. I have women ask me to get things off the top shelf for them at the grocery store. One even said “Thank you for being so tall”… lol. All my life I’ve wished to be less to pass more easily.

Know how you feel. I am no little lady. 6 foot, 224 pounds.  Hugs, Allysa

Davina
          Lady

Me to, 6 ft, 220.

I unfortunately am too big to be the queen I would love to be. At 6 foot, 224 pounds with arms like a weight lifter it is hard to find clothing that would conciel my being a man, but I can sure try my heart out. Hugs, Allysa

Hi Holly i voted unfortunately not, it’s not that I’m tall I’m only 5’6 in height, I’ve got broad shoulders and a spare tyre round my stomach so i have to wear bigger size dresses, if i go on a diet i will lose the spare tyre but i don’t think i will lose my broad shoulders, I could always buy larger size dresses for my broad shoulders and then have the waist taken in by a seamstress, what do you think would that work X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Anonymous

5’7” and 158 lb, broadish shoulders but the face will never allow me to pass. Usually sizing 10-12 wear my wife’s size 6 jeans.

Not even close. I’m 6′ 9″, there is no camouflage for me.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Sadly no.  5’11” 205.  Weight is slowly dropping but I’ll never be small.  Fortunately there’s more selection these days for big girls.  I don’t have too much trouble finding stuff that fits….except for shoes.

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

Good grief! I wish that I had a smaller body type. Alas, this is not going to happen now or in the future. My current challenge has to do with my body doing the winter hibernation thing as the pounds increase despite my futile attempts to reverse the trend. It maybe Spring before anyone sees me again.

Thea
      Lady

I suppose I am lucky 5ft 7in and 63kg (I think that’s 139lb).  I can’t claim it’s difficult to find clothes that fit in principle, but it’s the proportions that are still a problem (sleeve length: nape to waist length etc).  Definitely lucky though!

Thea x

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Holly,

I am 6′, 155 lbs. and do not have an overwhelming amount of difficulty finding clothes. The problems I usually face are sleeves that are to short, shoulder room in dresses too tight and tops not long enough to cover my bulge as I don’t tuck.

My absolute biggest problems are with shoes. My perfect size is 10.5, either M or W depending on the type of shoe, which is extremely difficult to get.

Average size for a guy just under 6 feet, but not exactly skinny, so,no.size 14 is about as low as I can go.

At 5’7″and 140 lbs., I’ve a relatively easy canvas on which to paint my persona. I am not tall, big or hairy so it works easily. A pretty standard size 10-12, so finding clothes is not a problem – but I do have to watch the proportions. Sleeves can be an issue as my shoulders are broader that most female garments allow for. I must be sure that the waist is high enough as I have total snake hips. Shoes are size 10 – quite manageable. So all in all, I’m making the wardrobe part at least  work without too much trouble. Much bigger issues for me are feminizing my well worn face, voice and affecting a believable posture and gait.

Leonara
      Ambassador

My vote was other… I wasn’t sure a size 10 equated to a small body build…

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I guess maybe I’m one of the lucky ones.  Suppressed my desire for feminine things all of my life.    Then about 2 yrs ago decided to buy some things. Get dressed and go out. I think I kind of went a little crazy with my shopping. When I couldn’t dress, I would shop. I now have over 70 dresses and 30 pair of shoes. I’m sure you can imagine the rest of it.

Im 5′ 9″ and keep my weight around 150 lbs. I wear a size 8 in most things and 9.5 shoe. It’s a popular size and stores tend to run out quickly, so I can’t deliberate too long.  Other than that, I pretty much have my pick of things.

Meredith
        Lady

We sound like we are the same build, Roberta. I’m an inch shorter and a tad lighter. I wear an 8 in skirts and slacks and a medium in leggings.  An 8 is too tight in tops, though. I also find a great variation in sizes. When I hit thrift stores I take a measuring tape as I feel awkward trying things on.

Meredith
      Lady

Yes, but no interest in passing. It does make shopping easier. That said, this past summer, I was home on a Saturday wearing a sports bra and T-shirt and rather short khaki girl-shorts and an obviously feminine pair of sports sandals. I had this very transparent nail polish on my toes. I say transparent, I thought is was light blue when I bought it. It turned out to be barely blue with sparkles in it. Anyway, my wife wanted to go out to lunch. She said nothing about my appearance so, I figured what the heck? Well, if anyone noticed they were too polite to say anything. Add to that, it very much appeared that no one even noticed. I wouldn’t call that passing; but I am not sure what to else call it. Flying under the radar?

I often have trouble finding male clothes that fit 😅 I do generally love being taller than the average male at 6’2″, but when I put heels on I really stand out. It’s been hard finding heels in US women’s size 15, but I have 3 pairs that I love and haven’t felt the need to buy any more lately. Weight hasn’t been an issue for me.. I used to be blessed with ridiculous metabolism that kept me really skinny no matter what I ate. I’m still around average with my body type but I would love to be as skinny as I used to be. The hardest part for me is covering my limbs.. I generally have to buy 2 sizes up if I get anything in long sleeve, and my regular jeans have a 36″ inseam which has proven near impossible to find in women’s clothing so luckily Rilee likes wearing dresses/skirts 😊

Hi Girls,

I’ve been reading all the posts regarding getting things that fit, and now I feel even more fortunate.
      It really makes me wonder about our fate and destiny. I’ve always known since early childhood that I was supposed to be a girl. My mother gave me the name Lauren, and puberty didn’t make me taller or bigger or deepen my voice, instead I grew boobs, hips and larger thighs. And here is where the issue with fit comes in. All my life I could never get pants that weren’t too long, the sleeves on long sleeve shirts, jackets and coats all ended at my finger tips.
      Now…this is where things get interesting, or just…spooky? I fit a lady’s size L or XL perfectly!
      Women’s pants all fit me better than any men’s wear ever did, the sleeves on women’s tops, blouses, sweaters and coats all end where they should, and a lady’s size 10 1/2 or 11 shoe fits me perfectly whereas I’ve always had problems with many men’s shoes because of how my foot is shaped – my feet are a larger carbon copy of my mom’s feet.
      So I have a body that is what?? A natural lady’s size L? I’m certainly happy that these things have all worked in my favor, it just seems so…weird?

Hugs girls, lots of big hugs on these cold mornings,

Ms. Lauren M

hahaha   i wish.

I’m edging toward’s plus size girl clothing now.  There is no way I can ever fit into single digit sized clothing, ever.

Well, I’m 5’7″ and don’t put on weight easily so even in my early 30’s I’m around 144 pounds. In general this really has made the shopping experience a lot easier for clothes and even for heels which I wear a size 11, I’m never towering over men. -Janice.

OH how I wish I was not a plus size but at 5’10 and I’ve been losing, I’m down to about 265 from 300. So I do find some nice clothes, and I’ve been able to start sizing down on my panty drawer. I mainly look for short, 3/4 and long sleeve clothes. But I do like the shorter skirts and dresses. Shoes are harder to find, 12 1/2 to 13, not able to handle heels to well but do have a couple of block heels that I like, mostly flats…

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

For the clothing options, I WISH I were smaller, at least more slender….

I’m 6’1″ barefoot. I am 220lbs… I spent a lot of time lifting weights in my life and I’m thick in the upper body. I still play Ice hockey and work out at 50. I’m 46-36-42 with 17″ biceps and it doesn’t make shopping or “passing” easy… 🙁

I envy the skinny girls some days….

Have fun out there!

xoxo

Rayna

Jenifer Sexy
        Duchess - Annual

Rayan I’m the same way
        Im lucky I can create cleavage using my breast it great

Yvette T
      Lady

Being in the upper half of the 6′ range the word ‘pass’ is very foreign sounding. I’m not sure if I’ll ever try a trip out.

Yvette.

Trish White
        Baroness

Hi Yvette, funny you should mention your height. I seem to attract tall girls. The girl I go shopping with is over 6′ tall and she has no issues when she’s out en femm. I also have 3 more girl friends, 1 in town, 1 in Penticton and 1 in Victoria and they are all over 6′ tall. So I honestly don’t think height is an issue, it’s really how you present yourself, getting eye contact and smiling a lot. Just go out like you own the place and you’ll be fine. The first time is the worst for sure. But the more confident you become the easier it is.

Good luck girl,

Trish

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Holly, yup, Trish is one of the lucky ones. My body is slender, i weigh 148lbs and am 5′-8″ tall. So I have no problem finding clothes and shoes and the best thing is I can still wear bodycon dresses (once my waist nipper is in place). I feel blessed because it does make passing as a women so much easier. I spend a day each week having coffee and shopping with a girlfriend and we hit the malls, department stores and thrift shops and have never had an issue. I came back from Vancouver by myself last week and stopped in at Walmart to do some shopping and also used the ladies room. An employee was right at the door as I walked in so I gave her a big smile and she just smiled back and in I went. Then I stopped at a liquor store to pick up some wine then headed home. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful day.

Cheers,

Trish

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Although I am only 5’9” (started the shrinking thing) It’s a little difficult to find dresses that fit well with a 46” inch bust(with forms) my shoulders are wide for women’s clothes too. My arms are a bit longer than the sleeves on men’s shirts, so full length sleeves are out of the question. Size 13 women’s shoes are a challenge to find too.
      So far I have more sleeveless dresses and tops in xxl.

I’m not looking very feminine, but I feel feminine when I dress anyway. I only have myself to please since I don’t go out.

💕Lara

You are welcome.  Some times I think I need a crowbar to get into some clothes. XL – XXL in womens blouses and 12 long to 14 medium in jeans. Medium in panties. I have been trying to lose weight around the stomach  and have had some success. I want to get into a dress that accents the waist I used to have. Allysa

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

No, but with the right clothes, wig, false boobs, shoes and make up, (plus these days a Covid mask…), I can and do pass. I’m 5ft 9, broad shoulders and (sorry, we only do kgs down here, 90-91 kgs.

Skirts, blouse, drop waist cardigan, low chunky heels and I get by. IE nothing tight or “figure revealing.

Mostly cos I dont have one.

Caty

I would fall into the smaller body build and more petite features in general. It was a sore subject growing up but now I consider it a blessing along with looking much younger.

I’m 5-9 and run between 142 and 152 lbs. Men still have broader shoulder and larger chests but clothes for me is pretty easy. I recently went to smaller sized breast forms and am very happy. Was a larger C now down to a B though maybe close to C. I did this to make dresses or tops selection more abundant. I’m sure most understand the difficulties in finding proper fitting women’s clothing and breasts make a big difference. I try to keep a clean classic appearence.

Sandy

I’m quite fortunate as I’m 5’6″ and weigh about 130 lbs.  I don’t have too many problems finding clothes (UK size 10 or 12) or shoes (UK size 8) that fit.

Hugs Karen x

I am just about as difficult a build to pass as its possible to be. I’m tall, over-weight and have a shoe size that is difficult to buy for as a man, let alone a lady. It’s utterly depressing. What the minds eye sees and what the reality of the mirror reveals are two totally different things. I absolutely envy ladies with a smaller frame and shoe size.

Almost? I’m 5’9″ and I’ve lost 50 lbs. over the past year and can finally see my goal weight from here; the goal is 165, any less and I don’t look at all healthy. While I’ll never be petite, I feel good about myself. Right now, I generally fit a size 12 with a shoe size of 11. I don’t have a ton of trouble finding clothes or shoes online, but in-store is a different story. It seems like most stores I’ve been to have a ton of clothes for skinny gals, but not much for anyone else, though that may have a lot to do with the stores I’m shopping in (Nordstrom, Anthropologie, All Saints). I buy my shoes exclusively online, because it’s just easier and I’ve gotten good enough that I’m not sending a ton of things back.

My goal is close enough that I hope to be bikini shopping by spring break! WEARING it at Spring Break? That’s a different story…

Anonymous

While I am somewhat happy with my body (I could lose a few belly pounds), being 6’4″ tall, does mean I don’t fit in the small category. 🙂

I do find it difficult to find clothing and shoes in stores in my sizes. Thankfully, I have had luck with online stores. 🙂

If it is hight you are asking about sadly I am 6 foot which can make it hard but if it is build then I am lucky and I am slim (size 6) which I am very grateful for

Anonymous

I do have a smaller body type, and wear a size 10 dress. I am 5/9 and 145 to 150. Shopping for women clothing gives me a lot of choices.

I’m 5 foot 10 and about 210 pounds. I can wear a size18  dress an womens size 11 shoe.  Shoes are a little hard to find but there are a lot of heavyset women out there so clothes aren’t a problem.  My biggest problem is a fat belly. I need to lose about 20 pounds of belly fat. How do you ladies doit?

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Do you have a smaller body build making it easier for you to shop and pass?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?