Viewing 30 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      J J
      Lady

Many of us love to dress up and take pictures for a variety of reasons. I like to look back on different outfits and looks or to gauge my success or failure, especially with makeup. I have hundreds of photos, most of which aren’t good, but a handful isn’t bad. I have put those in a special portfolio that I can look at on occasion and remind myself that I can look decent with some effort.

Does anybody else keep such a folder or album? Do you show it to anyone?

I have only shown it to one person, my cousin when I came out to her.  I had told her the day before that I liked to dress and she was very accepting. The next day we went to dinner, and my wife wasn’t feeling well so it was just my cousin and me, and we had a lovely long conversation about a lot of things, but especially about my dressing. When we got home my wife was already in bed so we just continued our talk, and suddenly I pulled out my tablet and showed her the photos with the caveat some were risque. She was impressed at some of my looks and didn’t bat an eye at seeing me in bras and panties, or even a corset, though many were in dresses or swimwear.  It was so amazing to tell someone, and even more so to share something so intimate as my special photos.

Yes I have a digital album of photos, I wish I would have kept more as I got rid of all my photos when I had my last purge in 2015, but I have plenty from the last 5 years. My wife doesn’t care to see them really although she has seen a few and commented you look like an older version of your daughter as my wife is not the mother of my children. I have shown them to others at CD Events I have attended when ask if I have any. I also have shown some to a lady and her husband I met in Las Vegas last year. They had a lot of questions about crossdressing and why we had a good discussion for probably about an hour and 15 mins where they asked if I had any so I showed them including the proverbial before and after they were both amazed at the difference. Gave me several compliments and did thank me for the discussion being open and honest it gave them both a new perception of crossdressers. They left thanking me for not making a mockery of women but for dressing and conducting myself respectfully and with class. I have them to show others I suppose if the circumstances call for it. My family does not know about April only my wife does but I have them if the time comes either by choice or other circumstances to share and explain who I am and how I have grown as a person.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I used to take so many photos when I was starting out, every outfit was pictured. This was back when it was on film. I placed the best in albums and when digital came along I took so many more and printed them off for my albums. I then started to keep them in folders on the computer and devices. It is nice to look back and see my evolution. If I was going to tell someone I would take a few prints with me then show and tell. back in the early days I was taking so many when out that a friend commented that it was a bit unnecessary to take so many, and I realised I was over doing it.

Since going full time I take less now as life is normal so it would only be if I was out and about. I feel more conscious about taking photos and take only those necessary to record an event or something seen. Although I am restrained now it isn’t unusual to take a lot of photos as everyone seems to be going mad on their phones so I shouldn’t be so reserved!

Anonymous

Oh for sure, I have an album/folder where I keep my photos. It is nice to look back and see my progress. As for sharing them with other, that I do not. Well if you count the ones I post here at CDH, then I do, but no one outside of CDH has seen them. 🙂

I try to take photos regularly of the outfits that I wear.  My motivation behind this is two fold – memories on the first fold, but the second fold lies with the old adage that a photo is worth a thousand words.  Sharing a photo is simply so much easier than trying to describe one’s outfit in words.  That being said, I do keep the album separated from my other photos.  Too many individuals (most who are publicly unaware of my clothing preferences) have access to my general photo queue to run the risk of having my photos stored together.

MacKenzie Alexandra

First, yes I do keep pictures, in electronic form. The only thing is I wish is I kept more of the old ones which I purged or didn’t want to keep at that time worried someone would see. Love to see also what outfits I used to have then. I have only a few of those, and luckily I found one decent one of me out at the club from a few years back when I was in much better shape! I have it on my profile.

XOXO
      Karensa

No , only out to S.O. She is scared to death someone might see.  I keep only in private photos in CDH.  I am cyber challenged to secure so you sisters are the only audience that gets frightened periodically.   25 years ago I made a 30 minute film with a home video camera. Watched it once and then burned it, 🔥thank God.  Would have  been quite a conversation piece if it got out.  🥵🥵🥵

Anonymous
      Lady

I have a total of two. One is my profile picture. The other is the same but a full body shot.

With the advent of digital cameras I used to take a few photos, and even printed a few out in secret, but many got lost during my various purges.

I’ve never uploaded any online, mainly because I am not out and didn’t want anyone to recognise me, and I didn’t want to go down the route of blurring my face or chopping my head off.

Even if I was confident of doing that now, I’m slightly paranoid about putting up pictures in general. Probably my age, but I struggle with how much personal information people put online, whether it be public facing or supposedly private. One day, after an update, Microsoft Windows started importing my photos and documents onto their One Drive in the Cloud. I’d obviously clicked on something that I didn’t mean to, but the fact that it is increasingly blurred between what sits on your own computer and what sits in the Cloud means I’m not sure I would take the risk. Paranoia? More than likely – but I can live with that.

Hi JJ. I dont have a special album as such but all my pictures are on my phone and backed up in a folder on my pc. Its not vanity but more of a fear of losing my hard earned pictures!!

Fiona xx

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

In early 2019 I started taking a pic, just a quick selfie in front of the mirror, every day I did dress up. I was still deep in the closet and took them just to keep track of progress and as a way to count how often I did dress.
      I’m now out to everyone but I’m still doing it, a quick pic just about every day.

I’m now happy I did it since it does show some of the progress and  changes to my outfits.

I have added them to a google album that I’m sharing with some close family members so now my parents and siblings that live far away can see what I look like. My mom complain that I have a better wardrobe then her.

/kelly

Kelly Lee
        Duchess - Annual

Just checked
        – first pic in my album was taken 2018-12-20 (latest is today)
        – currently 1746 pictures in there

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Kelly Lee.

Have been taking pics since purchasing my first digital camera. I think it was around 2001. Have quite the collection. I kind of chronicles my journey to where I am today!

Lanna

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a dedicated folder within my Lightroom catalog for all my photos.  I have shared some photos with a few people I trust.

/EA

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Not necessarily a special album or folder. Just a/. lots and lots on USB sticks, plus “old fashioned” printed photos from makeovers in “years gone by”. (Including a few I once “liberated” from a dressing service in London UK, back in the early 90’s LOL The photographer/make up artist was distracted… so….)

b/. Obviously my public photo gallery here on CDH

c/. I put some favorites on Powerpoint slides and enclosed them in plastic document sleeves. I use them as “room wall decor” on my away trips and also (ahem) for “inspiration” during certain very personal events.

Caty.

PS a few hours later….. I had a phone call a few days ago from my “overnighter accomodation” stating they had found some “documents” after my last stay. OOPPPSSSS. It was one of my Powerpoints above.

But hey, some time back, I got “sprung”, (OZ for “caught”, at the same place when I was in “full Caty mode” and  I could not get the garage door to go up and had to get the receptionist to come out to my car to let me in.

I stay there 6-8 times a year, so the “law of averages” was gunna get me eventually…

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Caty Ryan.
      Anonymous

Hi JJ!

Yes, I absolutely do (and I’d suspect that most of us here probably do as well). Like you, I love seeing pictures of myself, seeing which outfits look the best, see how my hair and makeup look, etc. Plus, when I’m not able to be myself, then I can look at the pictures and be immediately reminded of times when I have gone out as a woman in public. Unfortunately, like April, I purged at one time and got rid of many, many pictures that I wish I now still had. But that’s life, so…

I’ve only shown a few of them to some other sisters I met (both online and in person), but yes, you’re right, it is sooo wonderful to be able to share that part of ourselves with someone else!

Hugs,

Holly

Hah yes I do! All of the photos I take automatically upload to my Google photo album (unless I’m in airplane mode), so a few years ago I used to take all my pictures on snapchat and hide them in a locked application disguised as a calculator on my phone. One of the pictures I tried to upload here to CDH actually got denied because “snapchat” was in the title of the photo, but that’s a whole other story (it wasn’t modified in any way). Now I can just lock them in my private album on Google Photos. The reason I hide all my crossdressing pictures is because I use my phone a lot, including for work… and I’d rather keep those pictures from ever having the chance of popping up while I’m casually using my phone. It would be pretty awkward if I was trying to load a picture into a Slack channel and accidentally sent a photo of Rilee 😅

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi JJ, oh yes, I certainly do. And now with WAY TOO MANY pics.  Some are on my phone but are in a pw required folder.  A lot more are on my desktop, but not easily available unless you want and know where to look (of course a simple *.jpg will also turn lots them up).  I have at least one picture going back to around – at the latest – 1987-88 (35 years ago, time to deep six that puppy).

I know, I know, I should start cleaning them out, but I guess they’re a part of me, part of my maturing, increased desires.  To get rid of bunches like I should (too many almost duplicates), it’s to me anyway, sort of like removing parts of my life.

I have lots of other family pictures, as I’m sort of the family historian for my brothers and sisters, our parents, grandparents, going back a long time as I have two pictures of ancestors taken in the 1850’s, one a daguerreotype, the other a tintype.  I can’t throw any of the others away for the same reason. It’d be like I eliminating them from a past existence. Oh well

Hugs, ChloëC

Yes I have a huge collection of photos and wish I had never deleted as many photos as I have over time. Like a purging I would get upset with myself and delete all my photos only to start collecting again sooner after. I still have a few old photos with Ashley pics on them.

J J
      Lady

I am thinking more on the lines of a computer folder, or even a hard print album of just you top shots, a greatest hits so to speak. Mine has 30-40 pictures in it and I add and subtract photos so it represents my best.

Julie
      Lady

If you count a folder on my Pc renamed beautiful julie to force it to be placed after a folder that is full of me in drab mode but It also has selfies of me in women’s clothes without the full women body appearance.

Syndee
      Lady

On my phone yes I have a hidden album of me where I am dressed up fully. I have shown them to my friend that knows I dress, it is how I told her, as well as my daughter has seen them. I also have them on my computer but not really hidden as it is just my wife and I at home and no one else uses my computer so they are just in a normal album on there.

I definitely do, a bunch of lingerie pics and I love looking at it every once in a while and especially adding to it.

Yes and no. I used to separate some pictures of me dressed, but now mostly keep things mixed. Occasionally I will pull a few out to edit and post which in some sense makes them separate, but my general answer is no.

However, at the encouragement of a few CDH members, I have done one better. When taking pictures for the 2022 Halloween contest, where I was dressed as a bride, I asked my daughter for some help in adjusting the contrast. The dress has a lot of beautiful details on it, but it is white on satiny white, and sometimes hard to see (too much light causes reflectivity which hides the details). Well she worked at a copy center, and did some photo editing there when it was quiet and printed out two 8×14 photos! At the encouragement of some CDH members I bought a couple of frames and these are now hanging in my bedroom.

Revel
      Baroness

That’s a very good question, JJ.

To answer your question, yes, I have a photo album (physical photos) showing my very first photo of me transformed on my CD Anniversary (July 11, 2018) and more modern ones as well. I also have some on my smartphone, and many in a folder on my laptop computer. They’re neat to look at to see how better they become as time goes on. Haha. Practice make perfect! One of the reasons I love cross-dressing is modelling, and having a photo shoot. 📸💃

XOXO Revel

Of course I do. I recently put most of them in the hidden folder on my phone. I use them to  get a idea of what an outfit or makeup will look like to a viewer. It’s kind of like the difference between seeing the dress on the clearance rack and seeing it on your body. Not all ‘good deals’ are good deals.

No, not yet anyway.

But one day…….

Anonymous
      Lady

I do have a special, hidden album on Google photos created specially for this purpose. I take a few pictures for every outfit I wear, in different poses. Mostly just to see how I look, but also to document for the future. I go look at them occasionally and add to them whenever I get the chance.

I just started fully dressing 10 months ago and have kept the few pictures I have taken since then on a USB flash drive.  Most of them are also posted here on CDH.

Anonymous

I have an alex album. I take tons of pictures. I have pics of every possible outfit combination I can wear with the clothes I have. Even if I don’t like an outfit and would never wear it I keep the pic just so I know.  I also have tons of pics of make up. It does take a little while to post pics on here so I post alot on other sites to get opinions on outfits.

Cece X
      Lady

Thanks for asking, JJ. I had not ever really organized my thoughts about it. I have taken selfies of myself from time to time and placed them in a folder on my computer, but I tend to look at them only when adding a new photograph. No one else knows about these photographs.
      I always crop the head off of the photographs. I guess I have fears or shame or something else cautionary about anyone seeing them. I had not given this any thought until now.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Cece X.

Hello JJ
      I currently have 358 photo’s of me on my Pinterest page which is a locked page, every time I am dressed I always photograph myself. Absolutely nobody has ever seen them I would like a close friend to confide in perhaps one day.
      Sarah xx

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?