- It depends on the bra
- Does it really matter?
- November 29, 2022 at 4:29 am #697690Holly MorrisParticipantRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 106Replies: 284Has thanked: 3397 timesBeen thanked: 3335 times
As I was folding bras this morning, I realized that I have a very specific way that I fold them. I fold the bra in half (between the cups) so that the one cup can nestle into the other. I then tuck the straps behind that. This way it makes it very easy to store them in my dresser. But my wife folds hers completely differently.
So of course, that got me to wondering…
Do you have a specific way that you fold your bras? Or do you even fold them?
- This topic was modified 2 months ago by Holly Morris.
Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Stephani Lovelace, Carolyn Kay, Kristine O'Cleirigh, Janet Williams, DeeAnne Satin, Ashley Konners, Michelle Trott, Sandy Craig, Lara Tucker, melissa la quinta, Becky Davis, Maive O'Neal, Roberta Broussard, Suzanne Martin, Johannah 66, Leonara, Greta La Folle, Peggy Sue Williams, Marlene Roberts, Allysa Grant
- December 1, 2022 at 7:51 pm #698332Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 490Has thanked: 1913 timesBeen thanked: 2290 times
- December 1, 2022 at 7:00 pm #698329Debbie BurnsLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 84Has thanked: 221 timesBeen thanked: 276 times
I like many others fold my bras. I fold them on half one cup inside the other ,back straps folded in and last the shoulder straps folded in neatly. I have about 30 bras and am always looking for another. Now in the holiday shopping season it is lingerie shopping season, time to go shopping for that perfect bra.
- December 1, 2022 at 1:21 pm #698263Kristine O’CleirighLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 71Has thanked: 181 timesBeen thanked: 345 times
I have two drawers full of bra’s. I fold them inside the cup and fold the straps behind them and tuck them in like a neat magazine rack.
I have underwire free bras for work and if I am doing physical activity, underwire for all other times.
They are folded a bit differently.
Yikes! Before I pressed submit on this comment I went and counted my bra’s… I have 25!
- December 1, 2022 at 6:14 am #698192Greta La FolleLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 418Has thanked: 763 timesBeen thanked: 1500 times
I fold each type of bra differently.
1- Balcony bra and Bralette: one cup inside the other with closure and gathered straps rolled up on themselves.
2- Sports bra (I don’t consider it a real bra): I roll it up on itself like a poster.
They are the only types of bra that I have and that I usually use.
- November 30, 2022 at 4:16 pm #698099Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 622Has thanked: 2312 timesBeen thanked: 2811 times
- November 30, 2022 at 11:23 am #698010Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 357Has thanked: 453 timesBeen thanked: 964 times
I’m the odd-lot. Mine are on a single hanger in my closet. I might have 8 and I just put the arm loop over the hook and let them go.
For reference, a Macy’s Personal Shopper I once used told me it’s not good to reverse the cup on the padded type bras. Take that as you wish.
- November 30, 2022 at 8:55 am #697990DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 966Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2711 times
- November 30, 2022 at 6:08 am #697950Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 123Has thanked: 1433 timesBeen thanked: 556 times
I guess I’m a bit OCD, LOL My panty’s are all folded the way my mom always folded hers and my bra’s I take special care of them, they get washed in a lingerie bags along with my panty’s and all get hung to dry, they are put in a drawer inside of each other so that way I wear a different one each day, that’s part of the fun of living by my self.
- November 30, 2022 at 5:50 am #697945Maive O’NealLadyRegistered On: May 18, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 71Has thanked: 472 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
Hi Holly! I have to laugh because I fold my bras exactly the same as you do. Cup in cup then straps inside cup!!!!! It’s funny because my wife doesn’t fold hers at all. She just throws them in her drawer. Same with panties!!! I fold them also and she just piles hers in a drawer!!!! Love the question!!!!!
- November 30, 2022 at 3:44 am #697919helenmarieLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 11Replies: 203Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 687 times
- November 30, 2022 at 1:11 am #697911DavinaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 171Has thanked: 1522 timesBeen thanked: 552 times
- November 30, 2022 at 1:05 am #697908Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 420Has thanked: 1827 timesBeen thanked: 1800 times
Like you I fold the bra in half, invert and tuck one cup inside the other, fold the straps and put them in the sup(s). I fold my wife’s the same way. I have 2 pocket bras that I have forms in (ones I bought at JoAnn Fabrics), those I fold in half and tuck the straps in between. I keep all my lingerie in plastic shoe boxes in a duffle in my closet so everything gets folded wehn I out it away. It makes it easier to find what I want/need when I get dressed. My dresses, skirts, blouses and slacks all get hung up. I am fortunate that I have a study with a closet to do that. I keep my some of my shoes in the boxes they came in, others I keep out on the floor, my wig I have on a stand on top of a desk next to my jewelry boxes (one for necklaces and the other for bracelets, earrings and barrettes). My wife is aware of where I keep my things. I want to get one of those 3 drawer plastic storage containers to oput my lingerie in, just haven’t gotten around to getting it yet.
- November 29, 2022 at 8:25 pm #697893Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 432Has thanked: 272 timesBeen thanked: 1824 times
- November 29, 2022 at 8:18 pm #697892Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 946Has thanked: 760 timesBeen thanked: 4011 times
- November 29, 2022 at 5:28 pm #697876Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 191Has thanked: 218 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
I don’t fold mine. My supportive SO is OCD and neat as a pin, to the point I don’t dare interfere with anything she does. She knows the moment I move anything or fold anything imprecisely. She washes, hangs, and folds my bras. She also lets me know if bra straps or slips show underneath or through my clothes when they shouldn’t (such as when I am dressed en drab), if I am mismatched, breaking up a bra/panty set, wearing my good stuff at a time too close to going to a major event so as to risk not having time to wash clothes before packing them, and even lets me know if I put a bra on backwards…who else could guess? She is an expert with over the shoulder boulder holders!
- November 29, 2022 at 5:19 pm #697873СамантаManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 895Replies: 1721Has thanked: 10072 timesBeen thanked: 6514 times
- November 29, 2022 at 4:46 pm #697866Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1267Has thanked: 28063 timesBeen thanked: 4675 times
- November 29, 2022 at 4:16 pm #697862Araminta PurdyDuchessRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 507Has thanked: 1090 timesBeen thanked: 1939 times
- November 29, 2022 at 3:58 pm #697861Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 129Replies: 1202Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 5073 times
- November 29, 2022 at 1:55 pm #697842Lola CapriceBaronessRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 390Has thanked: 2393 timesBeen thanked: 1741 times
For my regular bras I fold them the same way you do. I have a couple pocket bras for my breast forms. I store the forms in the bra pockets, fold in the center so the backs of the forms are together with straps in between. I do that largely to save space over keeping the forms in their original box and the bra provides some protection.
- November 29, 2022 at 9:54 am #697783Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 130Has thanked: 219 timesBeen thanked: 537 times
Holly, After all the times I spent in my Mom’s bras, I have automatically folded my bras that same way she did. Invert one cup, place it in the other with the band and straps in the cup. Just like Angela! 😉😊
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Genivieve Bujold.
- November 29, 2022 at 3:22 pm #697855
- November 29, 2022 at 9:17 am #697776Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1406Has thanked: 5124 timesBeen thanked: 6445 times
I fold the straps into the cups, fold in half and invert one cup into the other. Easy store and simple. When washing I put them into webbed zippable bags that stop the straps from tangling, I also use the bags to wash my hosiery.
- November 29, 2022 at 9:11 am #697773Marlene RobertsLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 286Has thanked: 4053 timesBeen thanked: 749 times
Hi, Holly! I fold my bras the same as you do except for one. The one I cannot do that system with is a (Smart and Sexy) 42 C plus two sizes, making it a 42 DD. The added cup padding makes it real thick and you cannot fold the cups into each other. One positive is that you get a nice to feel DD cup with no (heavy) forms. Best, Marlene.
- November 29, 2022 at 8:54 am #697771J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 493Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1874 times
I lay my bras out flat, then fold the band and straps into the cups. The matching panty or thong gets folded and placed in one cup and then it it folded in half. Keeps things neat and tidy and I don’t have to go searching for the matching bottoms.
- November 29, 2022 at 6:49 am #697726Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 638Has thanked: 10484 timesBeen thanked: 3606 times
- November 29, 2022 at 6:41 am #697721MacKenzie AlexandraManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 710Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 2034 times
My wife taught me the best way to fold our bras. Most of our bras are similar in style. (Bras appear to be the only article of clothing that we share a prefered style.)
For our back closure bras, (which is the supermajority), we flip the straps into the cups. Then fold the cups into each other. This keeps the straps tuck neatly away, and avoids tangling them. We have found that this makes our bras very stackable in the drawer, making locating and accessing a particular bra very easy.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by MacKenzie Alexandra.
- November 29, 2022 at 6:35 am #697720Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 924Has thanked: 1002 timesBeen thanked: 4227 times
When I used to wear normal bras I folded them just as you described. But I now have breastforms and pocketed bras. It is a real hassle to take the breastforms out of the pockets each and every time so I just leave the breastforms in the bra, and I store them as a whole, unfolded.
- November 29, 2022 at 6:03 am #697714Christine ThomasLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 65Has thanked: 280 timesBeen thanked: 216 times
- November 29, 2022 at 8:09 am #697763Holly MorrisLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 106Replies: 284Has thanked: 3397 timesBeen thanked: 3335 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.