- Yes, i match my clothes and makeup perfectly
- No, i just throw on the first thing i see!
- A bit of both, sometimes i match well, others times its a disaster!
- I used to match poorly but i'm getting better
- Other, (please specify below in comments)
- October 5, 2019 at 9:41 am #231377Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1203Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3251 times
Hi Girls, a simple poll this week. Simply put, can you match your clothes or makeup well? do you condsider yourself an expert or haven’t a clue? Let’s find out, be honest!!! there is no shame in it 🙂 .
- December 22, 2019 at 8:57 am #260534DeeAnn HopingsParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 375Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 742 times
I am pretty good at color coordination. It is something that I do consciously and something that I enjoy. The result is that I am often complimented on my outfits…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 8, 2019 at 10:04 am #256690anne-marieParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 363Has thanked: 303 timesBeen thanked: 817 times
- December 5, 2019 at 2:59 am #255759Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 385Has thanked: 1446 timesBeen thanked: 1130 times
I have spent so much time and money on just buying what caught my eye and what was on sale. Now i slowly put outfits together. I still shop sale items . It makes shopping so much fun. . i must admit i still end up with items that are cute and pretty that do not work with any outfit. It is so much fun learning
- December 3, 2019 at 10:22 pm #255502
- December 3, 2019 at 8:07 pm #255494Jillian WalkerParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 96Has thanked: 142 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
- December 3, 2019 at 9:32 am #255295Brittney AndrewsParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 524Has thanked: 29768 timesBeen thanked: 699 times
I haven’t got into doing my own make-up yet, so I don’t color co-ordinate with my outfit. I’ve had full make-up on twice this year, a special private friend and an Ulta Beauty consultant did it for me. Those two times my outfit and make-up matched.
- October 9, 2019 at 11:49 am #233223Scarlett398ParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 333Has thanked: 389 timesBeen thanked: 600 times
- October 8, 2019 at 8:14 pm #233004Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 388Has thanked: 580 timesBeen thanked: 876 times
- October 8, 2019 at 1:36 pm #232840Cookie JessicaLynn (Irish)ParticipantRegistered On: November 21, 2015Topics: 17Replies: 539Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
- October 8, 2019 at 11:34 am #232759Melissa DavisParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 54Has thanked: 640 timesBeen thanked: 121 times
I voted “other” because I think I’m fairly good, having coordinated male clothing for decades. But I’m not perfect. Like many of you, I suppose, I spend a lot of time at home trying on combinations with an eye toward a particular outing. Sometimes when I see a photo I have taken I realize that something I thought looked good just didn’t work. In public I don’t want to stand out from the crowd, yet I usually overdress to look my best. I want to be seen as someone — aging ciswoman? transwoman ? — who cares a great deal about her appearance. When I stopped at a Marriott hotel bar for a drink one weekday evening, an adjacent room was full of men and women in suits. In the bar, though, I was one of the few in a skirt. I don’t think anybody stared. A dark bar is a great place to hide makeup mistakes.
- October 8, 2019 at 12:41 am #232559Richelle RaineMemberRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 5Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 21 times
- October 7, 2019 at 7:53 am #232159Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 276Has thanked: 417 timesBeen thanked: 808 times
I do my best but I’m colour blind so sometimes I get dressed and look at myself and go WOW try again Heather. I get help from the sales ladies at my favourite store and my girlfriend with the shoe store. Thankful for Tanya, she’s saved me a couple of times,lol
- October 6, 2019 at 9:49 pm #232055Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 54Replies: 555Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 1330 times
In “femme mode” I think I can cordinate both inner and outer ware quite well.
Matching colour lingerie is usually a must for me whilst, like many in this post, for “going public”, I prefer skirt, blouse and cardigan combos, which my female make up artist says I as quite good at. Perusal of my public photos welcome for any comments anyone may make
Makes it so much easier to blend in and the “drop waist cardi’s” hide the “non female derriere”.
ie I do not wear any hip and butt shapewear. Too hard when the time come to visit the ladies…
- October 6, 2019 at 7:41 pm #232043Isabelle O’MalleyParticipantRegistered On: May 13, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 37Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
- October 6, 2019 at 12:47 pm #231900Michelle LaFemParticipantRegistered On: June 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 17Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 61 times
I dress age inappropriately because I want to feel and look sexy for myself, and CD admirers. I have excellent color coordination skills for both drab and fem, and I accomplish an exciting look for myself. When out and about (only in LBGT friendly bars and clubs and only at night) I’m complemented frequently and told I’m super hot. Sooo exciting. It’s intoxicating!!! When older the dark environments I frequent surely help. I only go out at night because I don’t care if I pass and I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable, especially children. When I’m out and where I go I never make anyone uncomfortable. It works for me perfectly.
- October 6, 2019 at 6:27 am #231762Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1147Has thanked: 757 timesBeen thanked: 2225 times
- October 6, 2019 at 12:56 am #231638Dame Veronica GraunwolfMemberRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 55Replies: 2071Has thanked: 1755 timesBeen thanked: 2191 times
- October 5, 2019 at 11:57 pm #231636karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 301Has thanked: 1177 timesBeen thanked: 578 times
- October 5, 2019 at 5:47 pm #231588Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 148Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 468 times
I would say I’m pretty good at coordinating clothing. I have more skirts and tops than dresses, so it becomes a must. Even when at home dressing casually, I avoid things that clash.
My makeup skills are OK, but not great. I’m looking to improve, but time isn’t always on my side.
The choices were a bit tough, because I wouldn’t say I am always coordinated, even though I would say it was probably better than 90%, but the next category down was more like hit or miss (or around 50%). But I finally decided to choose the always category since it fit better, and other was just too wide and meaningless. One thing that influenced me is that I recently had dinner with a GG who, once she reached the restaurant, realized her bag clashed with her dress. So I guess no one is perfect.
- October 5, 2019 at 2:53 pm #231498Sa·man·thaAmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 134Replies: 1056Has thanked: 4077 timesBeen thanked: 2901 times
Hello again Fiona!
Right off the bat let me say that I’m R-G color blind. You’d think that’s something that might put a damper on the festivities here, but no instead I’ve learned to overcome it, mostly.
“”Mostly” lol. There are certain shades of certain colors I just avoid altogether lol. Sometimes I go simple, but other times I’m absolutely positive I’m a train wreck and I’m okay with that!! (Peacocking) It depends on my mood. Sometimes, I want to be loudly & brightly colored and I just don’t care! Whatever. It’s just another restraint someone else wants to put on me.
- October 5, 2019 at 2:14 pm #231489Tiffany AlexisParticipantRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 416Replies: 1287Has thanked: 1964 timesBeen thanked: 3355 times
After I moved past the buy random junk phase and the alpha testing phase of “finding your style” I’ve come to realize that I’m really not terrible at assembling outfits. They’re still kind of simple but I’ve been told they work….which is nice cause I had absolutely no fashion sense as a guy…i’ll even match my nails sometimes with the outfit. Makeup…not there yet, but I’ll get certain things cause they look good with the hair. Plus, I actually really like learning new things about this, so I actually pay attention to stuff. So I picked the one that said I used to be terrible but I’m getting better, and I plan to keep getting better.
- October 5, 2019 at 2:13 pm #231488LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 313Has thanked: 601 timesBeen thanked: 492 times
My color coordination isn’t too good…I guess that’s why I choose basic black dress, skirts , and slacks ..skirts and slacks. My choice for a top is white….watching my wife (unfortunately she chooses not to participate with my CD), Kathy accessorizes with silk scarves,necklaces, rings, and bracelets. Over the years, at Christmas time, I have purchased jewelry for Leonara and Kathy who have now quite a collection lol
- October 5, 2019 at 2:09 pm #231487Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1114Has thanked: 245 timesBeen thanked: 1428 times
I think I’m getting better. In Plus sizes it seems that the majority of dresses are in black. It’s often a simple fix to add a scarf or “jacket” in a colorful shade and offset the dress. Lighter colors of necklaces and earrings help too.
- October 5, 2019 at 1:48 pm #231473Randi LayneParticipantRegistered On: May 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
I voted other because there was a time that I did a fairly good job of it. I was taught by a young lady who treated me a little like her favorite doll. After she moved I was on my own but I did practice. With the passage of time, I haven’t been able to dress as much as I’d like so I’m out of practice and have lost confidence. Thus, I’m in the “other” category. If I were able to do completely as I would like, I’d practice and feel comfortable with the results as I once did. Thanks for the poll, which caused me to reflect on my experience. randi
- October 5, 2019 at 1:42 pm #231471Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1035Has thanked: 1305 timesBeen thanked: 2594 times
I have excellent ability to discern different shades of color; applying this skill to the world of fashion is “a horse of another color”, however. In other words, I can see it, but cannot do it myself.
- October 5, 2019 at 10:31 am #231417Danielle SilverfeatherParticipantRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 46Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 224 times
- October 5, 2019 at 10:05 am #231401MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 177Has thanked: 750 timesBeen thanked: 445 times
I answered “A bit of both”. I suspect it’s closer to “Nope!”, but I have got some compliments for my matching ability from some of the other CDs I see once a month. It could be that I’m alright, but it also could be that they’re such a nice and encouraging bunch that they just want to make me feel better. 🙂
Far easier to simply stick with a dress and matched underwear (to each other, and in the same general colour of the dress), but this I’m not counting in the response to this poll.
- This reply was modified 8 months ago by Molly.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.