- Yes, i match my clothes and makeup perfectly
- No, i just throw on the first thing i see!
- A bit of both, sometimes i match well, others times its a disaster!
- I used to match poorly but i'm getting better
- Other, (please specify below in comments)
- October 5, 2019 at 9:41 am #231377
Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 352Replies: 1180Has thanked: 3181 timesBeen thanked: 2476 times
Hi Girls, a simple poll this week. Simply put, can you match your clothes or makeup well? do you condsider yourself an expert or haven’t a clue? Let’s find out, be honest!!! there is no shame in it 🙂 .
- October 9, 2019 at 11:49 am #233223Scarlett398ParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 258Has thanked: 281 timesBeen thanked: 380 times
- October 8, 2019 at 8:14 pm #233004Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 300Has thanked: 398 timesBeen thanked: 502 times
- October 8, 2019 at 1:36 pm #232840Cookie JessicaLynn (Irish)ParticipantRegistered On: November 21, 2015Topics: 17Replies: 540Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 139 times
- October 8, 2019 at 11:34 am #232759Melissa DavisParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 44Has thanked: 441 timesBeen thanked: 67 times
I voted “other” because I think I’m fairly good, having coordinated male clothing for decades. But I’m not perfect. Like many of you, I suppose, I spend a lot of time at home trying on combinations with an eye toward a particular outing. Sometimes when I see a photo I have taken I realize that something I thought looked good just didn’t work. In public I don’t want to stand out from the crowd, yet I usually overdress to look my best. I want to be seen as someone — aging ciswoman? transwoman ? — who cares a great deal about her appearance. When I stopped at a Marriott hotel bar for a drink one weekday evening, an adjacent room was full of men and women in suits. In the bar, though, I was one of the few in a skirt. I don’t think anybody stared. A dark bar is a great place to hide makeup mistakes.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 8, 2019 at 12:41 am #232559Richelle RaineParticipantRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 5Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
- October 7, 2019 at 7:53 am #232159Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 81Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 167 times
I do my best but I’m colour blind so sometimes I get dressed and look at myself and go WOW try again Heather. I get help from the sales ladies at my favourite store and my girlfriend with the shoe store. Thankful for Tanya, she’s saved me a couple of times,lol
- October 6, 2019 at 9:49 pm #232055Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 38Replies: 395Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 618 times
In “femme mode” I think I can cordinate both inner and outer ware quite well.
Matching colour lingerie is usually a must for me whilst, like many in this post, for “going public”, I prefer skirt, blouse and cardigan combos, which my female make up artist says I as quite good at. Perusal of my public photos welcome for any comments anyone may make
Makes it so much easier to blend in and the “drop waist cardi’s” hide the “non female derriere”.
ie I do not wear any hip and butt shapewear. Too hard when the time come to visit the ladies…
- October 6, 2019 at 7:41 pm #232043Isabelle O’MalleyParticipantRegistered On: May 13, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 31Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
- October 6, 2019 at 12:47 pm #231900Michelle LaFemParticipantRegistered On: June 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 36 times
I dress age inappropriately because I want to feel and look sexy for myself, and CD admirers. I have excellent color coordination skills for both drab and fem, and I accomplish an exciting look for myself. When out and about (only in LBGT friendly bars and clubs and only at night) I’m complemented frequently and told I’m super hot. Sooo exciting. It’s intoxicating!!! When older the dark environments I frequent surely help. I only go out at night because I don’t care if I pass and I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable, especially children. When I’m out and where I go I never make anyone uncomfortable. It works for me perfectly.
- October 6, 2019 at 6:27 am #231762Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 692Has thanked: 336 timesBeen thanked: 914 times
- October 6, 2019 at 12:56 am #231638Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 55Replies: 2065Has thanked: 1742 timesBeen thanked: 1937 times
- October 5, 2019 at 11:57 pm #231636karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 226Has thanked: 659 timesBeen thanked: 319 times
On a limited budget, co-ordination is a hit and miss. Being a closet girl, what ever fabrics and style makes me feel sexy and hot is what I will wear………………my imagination fills in the blanks………………….karley
- October 5, 2019 at 5:47 pm #231588Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 41Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 83 times
I would say I’m pretty good at coordinating clothing. I have more skirts and tops than dresses, so it becomes a must. Even when at home dressing casually, I avoid things that clash.
My makeup skills are OK, but not great. I’m looking to improve, but time isn’t always on my side.
The choices were a bit tough, because I wouldn’t say I am always coordinated, even though I would say it was probably better than 90%, but the next category down was more like hit or miss (or around 50%). But I finally decided to choose the always category since it fit better, and other was just too wide and meaningless. One thing that influenced me is that I recently had dinner with a GG who, once she reached the restaurant, realized her bag clashed with her dress. So I guess no one is perfect.
- October 5, 2019 at 2:53 pm #231498Sa·man·thaParticipantRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 63Replies: 707Has thanked: 2067 timesBeen thanked: 1568 times
Hello again Fiona!
Right off the bat let me say that I’m R-G color blind. You’d think that’s something that might put a damper on the festivities here, but no instead I’ve learned to overcome it, mostly.
“”Mostly” lol. There are certain shades of certain colors I just avoid altogether lol. Sometimes I go simple, but other times I’m absolutely positive I’m a train wreck and I’m okay with that!! (Peacocking) It depends on my mood. Sometimes, I want to be loudly & brightly colored and I just don’t care! Whatever. It’s just another restraint someone else wants to put on me.
- October 5, 2019 at 2:14 pm #231489Tiffany AlexisFounderRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 87Replies: 780Has thanked: 1124 timesBeen thanked: 1524 times
After I moved past the buy random junk phase and the alpha testing phase of “finding your style” I’ve come to realize that I’m really not terrible at assembling outfits. They’re still kind of simple but I’ve been told they work….which is nice cause I had absolutely no fashion sense as a guy…i’ll even match my nails sometimes with the outfit. Makeup…not there yet, but I’ll get certain things cause they look good with the hair. Plus, I actually really like learning new things about this, so I actually pay attention to stuff. So I picked the one that said I used to be terrible but I’m getting better, and I plan to keep getting better.
- October 5, 2019 at 2:13 pm #231488LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 275Has thanked: 446 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
My color coordination isn’t too good…I guess that’s why I choose basic black dress, skirts , and slacks ..skirts and slacks. My choice for a top is white….watching my wife (unfortunately she chooses not to participate with my CD), Kathy accessorizes with silk scarves,necklaces, rings, and bracelets. Over the years, at Christmas time, I have purchased jewelry for Leonara and Kathy who have now quite a collection lol
- October 5, 2019 at 2:09 pm #231487Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 124Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 163 times
I think I’m getting better. In Plus sizes it seems that the majority of dresses are in black. It’s often a simple fix to add a scarf or “jacket” in a colorful shade and offset the dress. Lighter colors of necklaces and earrings help too.
- October 5, 2019 at 1:48 pm #231473Randi LayneParticipantRegistered On: May 29, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 12 times
I voted other because there was a time that I did a fairly good job of it. I was taught by a young lady who treated me a little like her favorite doll. After she moved I was on my own but I did practice. With the passage of time, I haven’t been able to dress as much as I’d like so I’m out of practice and have lost confidence. Thus, I’m in the “other” category. If I were able to do completely as I would like, I’d practice and feel comfortable with the results as I once did. Thanks for the poll, which caused me to reflect on my experience. randi
- October 5, 2019 at 1:42 pm #231471Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 390Has thanked: 323 timesBeen thanked: 599 times
- October 5, 2019 at 10:31 am #231417Danielle SilverfeatherParticipantRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 33Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 118 times
- October 5, 2019 at 10:05 am #231401MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 100Has thanked: 295 timesBeen thanked: 190 times
I answered “A bit of both”. I suspect it’s closer to “Nope!”, but I have got some compliments for my matching ability from some of the other CDs I see once a month. It could be that I’m alright, but it also could be that they’re such a nice and encouraging bunch that they just want to make me feel better. 🙂
Far easier to simply stick with a dress and matched underwear (to each other, and in the same general colour of the dress), but this I’m not counting in the response to this poll.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Molly.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.