Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, a simple poll this week. Simply put, can you match your clothes or makeup well? do you condsider yourself an expert or haven’t a clue? Let’s find out, be honest!!! there is no shame in it 🙂 .

Fiona-Ann xxx

Molly
      Duchess

I answered “A bit of both”.    I suspect it’s closer to “Nope!”, but I have got some compliments for my matching ability from some of the other CDs I see once a month.     It could be that I’m alright, but it also could be that they’re such a nice and encouraging bunch that they just want to make me feel better. 🙂

Far easier to simply stick with a dress and matched underwear (to each other, and in the same general colour of the dress), but this I’m not counting in the response to this poll.

-Molly

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Molly.

Fiona

My color sight is not the greatest. Reds, greens and oranges. I stay away from because I don’t see the different shades well.

Danielle

I’m the same, I’m a little colour blind, and have a hard time with shades.  So tend to stick with colours I know work for me.  I don’t think I trust store staff.  They’ll say anything looks good! Lol

Anonymous

I have excellent ability to discern different shades of color; applying this skill to the world of fashion is “a horse of another color”, however. In other words, I can see it, but cannot do it myself.

Anonymous

I voted other because there was a time that I did a fairly good job of it. I was taught by a young lady who treated me a little like her favorite doll. After she moved I was on my own but I did practice. With the passage of time, I haven’t been able to dress as much as I’d like so I’m out of practice and have lost confidence. Thus, I’m in the “other” category. If I were able to do completely as I would like, I’d practice and feel comfortable with the results as I once did. Thanks for the poll, which caused me to reflect on my experience.  randi

I think I’m getting better.  In Plus sizes it seems that the majority of dresses are in black.  It’s often a simple fix to add a scarf or “jacket” in a colorful shade and offset the dress.  Lighter colors of necklaces and earrings help too.

Alice

Leonara
      Ambassador

My color coordination isn’t too good…I guess that’s why I choose basic black dress, skirts , and slacks ..skirts and slacks. My choice for a top is white….watching my wife (unfortunately she chooses not to participate with my CD), Kathy accessorizes with silk scarves,necklaces, rings, and bracelets. Over the years, at Christmas time, I have purchased jewelry for Leonara and Kathy who have now quite a collection lol
      -Leonara

I would say I’m pretty good at coordinating clothing.  I have more skirts and tops than dresses, so it becomes a must.  Even when at home dressing casually, I avoid things that clash.

My makeup skills are OK, but not great.  I’m looking to improve, but time isn’t always on my side.

The choices were a bit tough, because I wouldn’t say I am always coordinated, even though I would say it was probably better than 90%, but the next category down was more like hit or miss (or around 50%).  But I finally decided to choose the always category since it fit better, and other was just too wide and meaningless.  One thing that influenced me is that I recently had dinner with a GG who, once she reached the restaurant, realized her bag clashed with her dress.  So I guess no one is perfect.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

On a limited budget, co-ordination is a hit and miss.  Being a closet girl, what ever  fabrics and style makes me feel sexy and hot is what I will wear………………my imagination fills in the blanks………………….karley

I am to tend to conservative with a co-ordinated garb scheme. Not flashy but is a solid present.

Dame Veronica

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I try to look good when making my outfit choices. I often get compliments on my look and what I’m wearing. I guess I’m doing OK with it.

I dress age inappropriately because I want to feel and look sexy for myself, and CD admirers.  I have excellent color coordination skills for both drab and fem, and I accomplish an exciting look for myself.  When out and about (only in LBGT friendly bars and clubs and only at night) I’m complemented frequently and told I’m super hot.  Sooo exciting. It’s intoxicating!!!  When older the dark environments I frequent surely help.  I only go out at night because I don’t care if I pass and I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable, especially children.  When I’m out and where I go I never make anyone uncomfortable.  It works for me perfectly.

Train wreck!

My SO is ‘learning’ me proper but every time I try and do it on my own she’s always ‘Okay babe, you need to…(insert corrective action here)’…*sigh*

Oh well, someday 😍

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

In “femme mode” I think I can cordinate both inner and outer ware quite well.

Matching colour lingerie is usually a must for me whilst, like many in this post, for “going public”, I prefer skirt, blouse and cardigan combos, which my female make up artist says I as quite good at. Perusal of my public photos welcome for any comments anyone may make

Makes it so much easier to blend in and the “drop waist cardi’s” hide the “non female derriere”.

ie I do not wear any hip and butt shapewear. Too hard when the time come to visit the ladies…

Happy dressing

Caty

Anonymous

I do my best but I’m colour blind so sometimes I get dressed and look at myself and go WOW try again Heather. I get help from the sales ladies at my favourite store and my girlfriend with the shoe store. Thankful for Tanya, she’s saved me a couple of times,lol

Anonymous

Sometimes I think I’m actually TOO color coordinated trying to match everything perfectly from my dress, to my shoes and stockings, to my makeup and lipstick…lol! 😂💋💄👠💅

Melissa Davis
      Baroness

I voted “other” because I think I’m fairly good, having coordinated male clothing for decades. But I’m not perfect. Like many of you, I suppose, I spend a lot of time at home trying on combinations with an eye toward a particular outing. Sometimes when I see a photo I have taken I realize that something I thought looked good just didn’t work. In public I don’t want to stand out from the crowd, yet I usually overdress to look my best. I want to be seen as someone — aging ciswoman? transwoman ? — who cares a great deal about her appearance. When I stopped at a Marriott hotel bar for a drink one weekday evening, an adjacent room was full of men and women in suits. In the bar, though, I was one of the few in a skirt. I don’t think anybody stared. A dark bar is a great place to hide makeup mistakes.

I tend to match everything from head to toe, and everything in between.  I realised a long while back, colour coordination made me stand out a wee bit less.

I’m with Isabelle: TRAIN WRECK! And I don’t even have a SO to pick up the pieces and set me to right.

Scarlett398
      Princess

The sweet CDH girls on this site has always told me I’ve always had a flair for fashion! So I must be doing something right!

XOXOXO Scarlett

I haven’t got into doing my own make-up yet, so I don’t color co-ordinate with my outfit. I’ve had full make-up on twice this year, a special private friend and an Ulta Beauty consultant did it for me. Those two times my outfit and make-up matched.

Anonymous

I have a particular super power, I even have a super hero name….Clashing Girl.
      I can’t match anything. I must be color blind or color dumb.

Anonymous

I’m always careful about coordinating colors.  I believe I do a good job of it.

I have spent so much time and money on just buying what caught my eye and what was on sale. Now i slowly put outfits together. I still shop sale items . It makes shopping so much fun. . i must admit i still end up with items that are cute and pretty that do not work with any outfit. It is so much fun learning

I do try to match my look but have to admit, it can be a bit hit and miss at times though I do think that I am improving.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

I am pretty good at color coordination. It is something that I do consciously and something that I enjoy. The result is that I am often complimented on my outfits…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?