Tagged: 

• This topic has 45 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hippie
      Lady

I know this question sounds like “DUH”

But my wife said I have stronger girly tendencies then her and I always thought I was a mans man. Till she started pointing things out.

But we also believe so has more boyish tendencies then me.

So maybe that’s why we mix so well together.

But really think about this question, before you answer it. Sit down with your mate (a close friend that knows you) and make a list.

Hippie

Definitely, always have had girly or feminine tendencies, they’ve been noticeable since childhood and now I exhibit them everyday. Never have been a “Man’s man” but was forced to act like one by societies dictates of how a boy should act.  I failed miserably at acting like a boy or man as I always knew I was born to be a woman.

I am transgender, knew I was “different at the age of 3 or 4, and now live as a trans woman.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I have always had these tendencies and like Lauren I can express them to the full. Sure I still did the expected macho things but always retained a more placid and empathetic nature which aligned me quite well to a woman.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

In hindsight it has become apparent that my feminine side was always stronger than I thought it was because I suppressed it for decades.

as a child I always walked on tip toes and my mother

said I should have been a girl.

Little did she know?

Tomasina
      Duchess

Yes for sure. I have always wanted to have pretty fem feet with painted nails. I feel natural prancing around in heels and dancing like a girl.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by MacKenzie Alexandra. Reason: Removed in appropriate sexual reference,

Does crossing your legs like a girl count? It has always felt more natural to me. I always felt I had to watch myself so other people wouldn’t notice. Now I don’t care. I’m going to do it the girly way.😀

Hippie
        Lady

I would say so that counts.

Like for yrs I would denied that fact I do girly hand jesters. Till my wife did a video of me doing it without me knowing.

Then she show me the video. I was busted dead to rights

I thought I was a gay man (nothing wrong with that) the way I was moving my hands around when I’m excited about a conversion I was having.

My fem totally came out that day

Hippie

Harriette
        Lady

At first I thought, “What do you mean by crossing your legs like a girl?” Now I know.

Janet Woodham
      Duchess - Annual

Not sure if this counts but I went to all boys school and they treated me like a girl. It seems I came across as somehow feminine. It wasn’t easy but I knew even then that a large part of me liked it.

Hi Janet i went to an all boys school too, they didn’t treat me like a girl but i got picked on a lot because i was the quiet one at the back of the classroom, X

Hugs Rozalyn X

H Janet.I didn’t go to a an all boys school but I went to an all boys class.I got teased for my. feminine ways.I pretended that I didn’t like it.One boy who I had a bit of a crush on used to tease me all the time.He once asked me if I was a girl and did I wear a bra? He used to tease me quite often in class.Looking back,maybe he thought that I was cute.

Hi Roberta maybe he did think you were cute,

Maybe he felt the same but was hiding it like everyone else X

Hugs Rozalyn X

Janet Woodham
            Duchess - Annual

I think that is a very good point Rozalyn.

I didn’t have a particular crush on anyone but I liked the idea of dating boys although I kept that to myself. In my late teens however I discovered girls and lost interest until very recently.

Hi Janet I’m like everyone else i tried hiding my feelings by getting married i thought it would (cure) my feelings about dressing up it did at first but the older I’ve got the more my Fem feeling have grown, in my 20’s i found out i was Bi, I met up with a Gay guy and i thought i must be Gay but i still loved my wife,

It’s hard trying to keep your CD life secret X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Hippie
      Lady

Thank you MacKenzie Alexandra for fixing the question. I couldn’t figure out how not have it be all bold font.

Hippie

Oh boy… here we go,
      I have a background in psychology and a residual strong interest.
      I still read papers as I try to keep up.
      As a result of some intensive studies of the differences between male and female brains (Well of course there are studies, what haven’t they studied? LOL)
      So as a result of these studies, there is this obvious statement:
      There are psychological tells of a female mind versus male mind.
      One, is what you ask when you meet someone.
      Early on when meeting someone new, men will ask: “What do you do?”
      Whereas women will ask about family and children.

The other tendency is competitiveness, men compete and cajole each other.
      Women tend to form teams and work together and are more supportive.
      Women also express emotions where men do not.
      There is lots more but this is two of the most glaring ones for me…
      I have many friends and I have no clue or only a vague idea of what most of them do for a living.
      However I am keenly aware of there family situation, their children and marital status.

As for competitiveness, even in business I tended to befriend “competitors” and engage them in mutually beneficial arrangements, believing there is room for us all and we can support each other
      There are lots of other differences but when I went through the paper in the 1990’s I was stunned. I wasn’t “out” yet and only one person in the world knew of my dressing.
      I buried the knowledge and ignored it until fairly recently.
      MY wife knows about it and acknowledges my very strong female tendencies and considers me a girlfriend. My wife says I am 90% female but that 10% male part of me is strong when it comes out. However, my children send me mothers day cards and when she was alive so did my mother… interesting.

My best friend who was the only one who knew before my wife… also a woman… considers me to be “half female” as well (her words)  I visited her for a week a while ago and I was unconsciously very comfortable with her and her women friends for the week.
      Yes, my best friend ever is a woman who I have known longer than my wife, and the three of us are besties… just a bunch of women. LOL

Weird but how did I get this lucky?

Hippie
        Lady

You know now that you said this. That’s another girl tendency I have.

That me and my wife never caught on. Till you said it.

Like how I how everyone I know. That I know their family and marriage status. But I don’t know or care what they do for a living.

Plus my wife is also my best friend of all time and how I make a closer connection to my female friends then my male friends.

These are two things we never notice before. Till we just read what you wrote.

Hippie

Hippie-
      I have caught myself many times doing some very girly things without even thinking about it. I have for years crossed my ankles when I sit down, I have semi long hair and bangs so I tend to use my little finger to pull it away from my face. I have always liked having long nails, I keep them well shaped, and at times cover in clear coat (only to keep them splitting or pealing). But the biggest tell of all is at night, I’ll wear lose fitting basketball shorts and when I sit my hand make the same motion that a woman does when she sits with a dress or a skirt. You know, hands under and behind wiping the underside of the material forward. My Wife has never said anything, but last night we were talking about using vitamin E on my nails!

-Lisa Leigh

Hippie
        Lady

See its the little things you don’t notice, but as soon as you think about it. Bamm there it is

Syndee
      Lady

I don’t know if they are girly tendencies but I defiantly have what most would consider girly hobbies. My dad passed away when I was very young (6 or so) and I was pretty much raised by my Mom, sisters and my Grandmother. I have always had an interest in “girly” things due to this. I cross-stitch, sew and bake. I remember taking a sewing class in high school, by this time my mom had remarried and my step-father wanted to know why I wanted to take such a girly class. I told him what better way to meet girls.

J J
      Lady

I am a guy who likes to dress en femme, and as such have many guy tendencies. That said, I do have many girly tendencies as well. Given a chance at a party to hang out with a group of guy or ladies, I tend to hang with the ladies…the conversations tend to be more interesting and thoughtful. While I like some sport and participate in many outdoor activities, I have no desire to set around with a bunch of dudes and discuss sports, drinking or chasing women…all boring topics.

As I get older I notice I am become more feminine and my wife is more masculine. While still clearly in our own gender lanes, we cross the line more and more. My wife’s home office has become very masculine, and you would never know it was her office if you just walked into it. I have become more concerned with home decor and design, and while our home does not have a feminine touch, it is well designed and layed out, mostly by my doing. I tend to do more housework these days as well.

While we still have pretty traditional rolls in bed, I love it when my wife gets dominant, especially when I am in sexy lingerie, and she is not. I wear more dresses and pretty lingerie then her these days.

Hippie
        Lady

We noticed some of them same points to

Interesting question.  Long before sex and sexuality were known to me, I was, for all intents and purposes, a little girl.  I was more comfortable playing with dolls and tea sets when the neighbor girls than playing with the boys.  I loved playing Barbie’s with the neighbor girl and can remember dressing her up in different outfits.  I even asked for a Barbie and Barbie’s dream house for Christmas one year.  You can imagine my disappointment when I got a GI Joe instead.   Upon reaching adolescence, I realized that I had to act masculine as a matter of self preservation.  But my natural characteristics were quite innocently effeminate before that.  I have returned to those natural feminine characteristics.  I’ve replaced dressing up Barbie’s with dressing up myself.  And quite honestly, nothing feels better than exhibiting myself as female….I already had the tendencies.

[postquote quote=741164]
      Tomasina,

Do you go to a nail salon and get regular pedicures complete with bright red to bright pink toenails? I am a feminine male and my fire engine red toenails are almost always on display in women’s sandals except in very cold weather. My red toenails, cute women’s sandals, women’s purse, femme hairstyle, and women’s scent are part of my everyday presentation. Red toenails, women’s sandals, and women’s purse are my signature look.

Cheers,

Jamie

Becka
      Lady

Oh I do, and try to more so at times. Mannerisms, movements, etc. Part of the feel of it all!

JOJO
      Lady

Absolutely, since a very early age. Infact my mother often said to me that I should have been a girl.  I liked very much when she purchased “girly” costumes for me for Halloween. I love “chick flicks” and yes, I have cried after a very sad movie or a very emotional type of movie.

Harriette
        Lady

Yeah, it is easy for me to tear up, too, especially when somebody does something good or nice.

Certain cuts of emotional music, such as Genesis’ Firth of Fifth, automatically makes me tear.

Hippie
        Lady

I get it, that’s one of my girly traits to. I get all tearily eyed to.

That old Disney movie Ol’ Yellow gets me everytime. But I think everyone crys at that scene

Hippie

This is a wonderful thread and I can relate to so many things that have been said.

I grew up in rural MT and was indoctrinated in the “cowboy culture”, which is very masculine oriented. I was always more sensitive that alot of the boys in school, and along with being one of the shortest boys I was bullied quite alot. Unfortunately I learned early on how to fight and learned how to deny who I really was. I remember my dad telling me several times when I was young that he wished he would of had a daughter as well.

Like many of you, I feel more comfortable around females and have never been interested in sports. There are more things I could go into, but many of those have already been mentioned.

Thanks so much for sharing your stories!

Hippie
        Lady

I completely understand. I come from a logging/farming/construction background. At least Five generations of family.

I been told I’m a mans man. That I could teach other men to be a mans man

Like from restoration of cars to home restorations. Seems like there’s nothing I can’t do. (Well I can’t do make-up for the life of me. When I tried a few times. I ended looking like a drag queen that got his butt kick with an ugly stick)

And me wearing ladies clothing, was such a shock to the family

Hippie

I hear you sister. It’s hard not being able to be your true self. Oh yeah, the whole makeup thing too.

I had an odd childhood. My parents divorced when I was quite young and I ping- ponged between living in the city as an only child with my mom, and living in cattle country with my dad, brothers and extended family. I always preferred the company of girls and women, and when I was at my dad’s, I clung to my grandmother’s skirts as she was the only one that didn’t bother me about “my way”. I was bullied a lot in both places for “being a sissy” or just “being weird” and it took a long time before I learned to suppress who I was so I could get by in the world. I was a super sensitive kid who liked reading, playing house, dressing up (in and as anything) and who wore hair so long my grandfather (the old SOB) used to call me his granddaughter in derision. I wasn’t at all interested in most of the thing the men in my family concerned themselves with (hunting, fishing, cars, westerns) and that made me stand out, the black sheep of my family (pink sheep, maybe).

My mental health was always an issue as a kid, but at a time when youth mental health was largely ignored. As I got older, and better at passing as a man, my self-loathing and mental health challenges only got worse. It wasn’t until I came out to my wife that I ever felt completely myself and not like a fraud or a lie. And now my wife can tell when Nikki comes out whether I’m dressed or not. I still catch myself in old habits of being, when I catch myself walling myself off again,  but I can recognize it for what it is now: a survival strategy that was necessary to survive to adulthood. Now I don’t really give a damn that I’m not mannish enough, though I can still wear a cowboy hat without irony.

Last weekend, I tore down a motorcycle and spent six hours in the garage in my coveralls, but now I wear pink panties and a bralette under them, unzipped to the waist, my hair in a bun and my lipstick just so. I felt completely integrated, wholly me, without hiding. It was wonderful. It didn’t fix the bike, though!

Hippie
        Lady

Amazing, thanks for sharing

Looks like a hot topic due to number of responses.  I won’t be doing any sit down  to make a list with my bride.  She is tolerant only and does not discuss my “hobby”.  Thus no Q and A here.  Not rocking the boat.

For me it is sort of a seamless mixture of male and female. So far this morning I’ve been on the ETSY site, CDH, TGH, Elite IndyCar F/B page, Grand Prix.com, ESPN F1 page, grandprix247.com, Hemmings.com and the Wikipedia page for Ed Carpenter Racing.

On the thrifting sites I’m always on the lookout for silk blouses, dresses and jackets, leather backpacks (I usually don’t carry a purse as I use a cane and it’s good to have one hand free) and New With Tags shoes. I’m also starting to thrift in person again with less worry about airborne illnesses.

Anyway, sort of a bimodal distribution!

Yes I do as I sit here I’m wearing a sundress with heels and all the other girly things that go with it looking down on my tanned smooth legs and the cleavage that my sticky bra creates I would say I definitely have many girly tendencies! I haven’t had the girly discussion with my wife but the other night I could see her checking out my legs the expression on her face was like what the hell!

Good question, I enjoyed investigating myself and giving my contribution
      1-I am feminine in choosing the clothing and look of the day, I change my clothes 3 or 4 times during the day.
      2-I am feminine in choosing jewelry and watches.
      3-my way of organizing house cleaning is feminine
      4-the choice of books I read has female influences: thrillers must have a romantic story.
      5- the obsessive cleaning of my technological devices is feminine.
      6- I’m extremely feminine when I look at a woman or man, it looks like I’m screening them x-rays.

I have no other points to insert.

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️💙❤️

100 percent when dressed. Pretty much nothing when in drab.

Not since Hans and Franz pumped me up.

Hippie
        Lady

Now that shows I’m old. That’s from Saturday Night Live in the late 1970s or early 1980s

Hippie

Since my first answer it has occurred to me that my girly tendencies show up here. Reading, thinking, and responding as Wanda to all you good folk is me expressing femininity of mind. So, thanks for the opportunity you all provide.

Hugs & kisses,
      W.

Well, i do tend to cross my ankles and sometimes my legs when i sit. Especially around the house, i have to be aware when I am out and about as a regular guy not to do those things. I also tend to stand with my hands on my hips. Most guys tend to lumber about when walking, i tend to take light steps. When barefoot, you won’t even hear me walking across the room. Maybe that comes from practicing walking in heels while balancing a book on my head around age 11 to 13, I’m not sure.

I also am pretty good at “reading a room” and knowing how someone is feeling by just a few of their actions and sometimes words. I can be very emotional. I cry during girly movies so I have to pretend not to want to watch them. I love Hallmark movies.

I am better at shopping, according to my daughter. Quick story, she couldn’t find a dress while shopping with my wife back during high school, she was on the Homecoming court and wanted to look very nice. After three failed outings, my wife said “why don’t you take her?”. My daughter laughed but said “fine dad, come on.” Went to a couple of stores, I was looking through the dress racks separate from her so we could cover more ground. I brought a dress to her and her eyes lit up, she loved it. I told her how it would accent her face and arms, etc. When it came time to find matching shoes, I told her she should really wear wedges instead of stilettos so she wouldn’t be sinking into the football field, another bit of advice she took. Since then, she sometimes says “dad you are such a girl”. Oh, i also taught her the book thing when she was learning to walk in heels. She asked how did I know about all this stuff, I told her that I read a lot.

I still have definite guy things I do, I just have to be careful to watch how i sit and stand. Sometimes i have to remind myself to stomp about more when walking. Walk like a guy, where your forward motion forces you to move your feet to keep from falling over, rather than like a girl where you use your feet and legs to propel your body.

I’m sure there is more but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

I certainly have a few girly mannerisms which I have whether in male or female mode – crossing my legs at the knee when sitting, putting my weight on one leg when standing and the other one slightly bent, or I stand with my legs together. When showing my nails I spread my fingers and present the back of my hand (men usually roll their fingers and present the palm of the hand. When climbing stairs, my feet cross making my hips swing. In the bathroom I always sit, I look at myself in the mirror when driving and when I get in cars I usually sit and twist my legs in.
      Then I usually carry a ‘man-bag’ in drab mode, like a small rug sack.
      Sometimes I get called “mam” or “miss” when approached from behind (particularly when my hair is long), which I truly enjoy. When younger, I was a secondary school teacher and the 6th form did a Christmas spoof of the teachers and they portrayed me as camp and effeminate, so I guess the mannerisms are noticed by others.

Anonymous
      Duchess

For me I think iv had at young age being raised by mom an grandmas.  But had many bryi grew up with who would make fun of I did do anything like that so I stayed away from being my girly side. But loved playing dolls with my sisters 🙂 and now my SO points out things like doing my daughter’s hair better, telling her not to wear certain things with others cooking:) I could go on an on but that’s jus what I think will slowly appear.i will bloom into the beautiful woman Iv always felt on me an feeling more every day! I do thank all of you for sharing an helping me and others come out with our story of life 💗

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?