Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Happy Holidays my beauties…

So, in England, we are bombarded with Christmas music in all the shops and all over the radio…for weeks and weeks leading up to the big day….this year it’s been different with….you know what…..

I want to know your favourites…okay???

1……Christmas album

2….. Christmas single

3…… Christmas carol/ hymn

4…… Christmas comedy record

Let’s hear your suggestions lovelies….

To start you off here’s mine

Album….you make it feel like Christmas by Gwen Stefani.

Half a dozen new songs and half a dozen covers, but done shoop shoop style…bouncy and fun

Single….Driving home for Christmas by Chris Rea…..always has been

Carol/ hymn…..oh holy night…lots of people have done this, but the new Carrie Underwood version off her new album has nailed it….teary

Comedy…..Blue Christmas by Porkie pig….. please please please Google this, you simply must smile…..and the hysterical lady in the audience could well be me.

Over to you girls!!!

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

My favorite is Celine Dion – O Holy Night. This song makes me cry.

This time of year I also like to listen to a song that has some meaning for me. It is Dan Fogelberg ~ Same Old Lang Syne.

❤Kay

Anonymous

Hi Grace and what a great Question 

Here’s mine

Favourite album

Now that’s what I call Xmas a mixture of new and old

Favourite single

Band Aid

Do they know its Christmas

Favourite christmas hymn

Halauha

Favourite funny one

Geraldine McQueen

Anonymous

My favorite comedy record? When I was a child, there was some songs by the Royal Guardsmen that I liked. How about Snoopy and the Red Baron *Christmas Bells.*

Kay

Aoife
      Lady

Hard to pick a choice for everything, but I’m one of those weirdos who actually loves “Wonderful Christmastime.” Also being one of the few Roy Wood fans in the States I love “I Wish It Could be Christmas Every Day,” and hearing about that being on the charts again all these years later is another depressing reminder of how much better it is over there.

This year I’ve been playing ‘It’s Christmas Time with Gary Wilson’ a lot, as my three year-old loves it even more than I hoped. It’s a weird one, but if anyone’s into outsider or even just “quirky” stuff it’s a great one. Big Gary Wilson fan.

Another great piece of British pop culture for Christmas my family and I love but NO ONE (seriously, not a soul) knows about here is ‘Nativity!’ love all those songs too and think about them all year round.

Hi Grace  ok here we go .

1.  Cma Country Christmas  lots of classic songs with country singers

2 Frostie the snowman By Burl Ives

3. Little drummer boy  great song

4. walkin round in womens underware by Bob Rivers  so cute made for us girls

Merry Christmas to all

Stephanie Bass

Grace

Oh this is fun…I love music!

Christmas Album – Trans Siberian Orchestra – Christmas Eve and Other Stories

Christmas Single – Its a tie between Andy Williams – Its the most Wonderful time of the Year

Brenda Lee – Rockin around the Christmas Tree

Christmas Carol – Hark the Herald Angels Sing – Robert Merrill (old Firestone Album)

Christmas Comedy Record – Hmm dont have one.  A movie instead

Christmas Comedy Movie – A Christmas Story

Robyn  💃🎄💃🎄⛄

Robyn, since you appreciate the Trans Siberian Orchestra, I wonder if you’ve heard Christmas music by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?

Camryn

No I havent,  but I have heard of their reputation!  Supposedly they do amazing stuff.

I’m having flashbacks to my front-of-house restaurant days with the same holiday music playing over and over and over and over…

I’m gonna pass on this one, honey

Hugs

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Grace………….I love to hear Christmas music played in jazz form………..then there’s the barking dogs and meowing cats “singing” carols………..with the help of computers to harmonize and adjust pitch to the orchestra or band……………………………karley

IsabelB
      Lady

I’m afraid I don’t have favourites for most of the categories, but my favourite songs for this time of the year are Home for Christmas and December Will Be Magic Again, both by Kate Bush.

Isabel x

Anonymous

Isabel….I simply adore Kate Bush x

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

Here’ mine:

Favorite ‘album’ – whatever this years playlist is for “Carols from kings” which I try to catch every year. This year’s will still happen, minus audience. Xmas Eve, BBC2, 17:30

Favorite carol – Adestes Fideles. Aka ‘Oh come all ye faithful’, but I just like it sung in Latin – not that I know Latin !

Favorite xmas single has to be Fairy Tale of New York. I don’t think that will ever get on the carols from Kings playlist though

Favorite comedy album – pass

Marti x

IsabelB
      Lady

[postquote quote=415030]

You and me both,  Grace, she’s the best 🙂

Isabel x

1. Album – Now That’s What I Call Christmas AND Carols at Kings.

2. Single – either Slade, Band-Aid or Wham! depending on mood, oh, and Mud.

3. Carol – tough, as I love all carols, and try to sing in a group every Christmas if possible. Probably Ding dong Merrily on High, but Deck the Halls is high up the list too – it’s naughty! Fa-la-la-la-la.

4. Comedy – can only be The Darkness “Don’t Let the Bells End”.

Love Laura

Between SiriusXM’s Holiday Traditions station and my wife’s immense (5 +days Long Spotify  playlist) Christmas songs play in our home 24/7 from Mid November til Mid January.

My personal funny favourites are also Porky Pigs “Blue Christmas” as well as Bob and Doug Mckenzies “12 days of Christmas” (Canadian eh?) but as for the other selections there is simply NO WAY I could pick one or even 20 favourites. But I am partial to the older classics from the 40’s

Josie Angel
        Duchess

I love Bob and Doug!

“This should just be the five days of Christmas.  It’s too hard on us.”

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Grace!

What a great set of questions! As I love Christmas songs, could not resist to throw my pink bobble hat into the ring..

1……Christmas album – A very old compilation album, The Best Christmas Ever, had all the classics on it!

2….. Christmas single – Wham! Greg Lake, I believe in Father Christmas, The Pretenders 2000 Miles. To be honest, there are not many I don’t like.

3…… Christmas carol/ hymn – Gloria In Excelsis Deo

4…… Christmas comedy record – Mel & Kim, Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree or Proper Crimbo.

PS, I have written an article on Christmas Songs, would love your thoughts.

Hugs

Samantha x x

Working in retail for a few years ruined Christmas music for me. I cant stand to hear Santa baby anymore it actually makes me irritated 😀

Anonymous

Erin….

I really do see your point 😱 x

Kathleen
      Duchess

Small amounts on Christmas eve and Christmas day — great. Non stop Christmas music from before halloween and on — help me my head’s gonna explode with Christmas guts and wreck it for the kids

Anonymous

Slade need I say any more

Please come home for Christmas, my fave version is The Eagles. Here’s Chris Rea – Driving home for Christmas to help bring a little snow to those that wont get any this year.;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un7DcGdPwCU

And what would Christmas be without the Peanuts gang?

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Cindy Lou.
      Anonymous

Haha! What a fun topic!

I love The Waitresses song : Christmas wrapping *And*  Last Christmas by George Michael.

My fave carol : Carol of the bells.

I don’t have a favourite album, or comedy song, I don’t think…

🙂

Anonymous

Kitty…i love the waitresses…

“A&P has provided me
        With the world’s smallest turkey
        Already in the oven, nice and hot
        Oh damn!”…..try googling porky pig…bet you smile!!!

Grace 💋

Anonymous

Haha! You bet I will!….

(update)* I did 🙂 🙂 🙂

x

Josie Angel
        Duchess

“Christmas Wrapping” is my favorite too!

“What to my wondering eyes should appear, but hey it’s that guy I’ve been chasing all year!”   Such a great line.

Lady’s, I have a Christmas treat for you. If you’re in the need of some Christmas cheer, I just produced a Holiday concert that we live streamed to the community in north Georgia. It is beautiful and by the end I was crying!! Please enjoy…

https://evt.live/patchwoork/the-cherokee-chorale-presents-christmas-with-cherokee-chorale

Anonymous

Here’s the all time best Xmas song for crossdressers:

Happy Holidays, girlfriends!

Lexi

Josie Angel
        Duchess

I love the Bob Rivers albums. I remember buying this on cassette when it first came out.

1. I think Elvis made a pretty good Christmas album.

2. Band Aid “Do They Know It’s Christmas” is my fave holiday song and video.

3. Winter Wonderland is probably my fave traditional song. Annie Lennox version was pretty good — been lots of good versions over the years.

4. No clue, sorry 🙁

Josie Angel
      Duchess

I pretty much work with Buddy the Elf.  The local radio station switches to Christmas music sometimes as early as Halloween morning and it’s all we listen to at work for two months. I try to drown it out with Taylor Swift (in my office) when it gets to be too much.  This situation makes it difficult for me to enjoy Christmas music on my own terms.

For a long time, Mariah Carey’s first Xmas album, Jewel’s Christmas album, and the John Denver and the Muppets CD were my favorites.  I also love the theme from Polar Express.  It makes me tear up.

My current favorite single is Taylor Swift’s “Christmas Tree Farm.”

The John Denver and the Muppets “12 Days of Christmas” is my current favorite carol.

There are too mant great comedy albums to choose from.  Both of Dr. Demento’s albums.  All of the Bob Rivers/Twisted Christmas albums.  The Dixie Chicks version of “Merry Christmas From the Family.”  Jeff Foxworthy’s “12 Redneck Days of Christmas.”  My current favorite though is “I Farted on Santa’s Lap.”

Honorable Mentions

”Christmas Wrapping” by the Waitresses

A Very Special Christmas 3

Macy Gray, “What I Want for Christmas”

“I’ve been a gooid girl, baby.  Santa promised me whatever I want.  You are what I want for Christmas.”

”Christmas at Denny’s” by Randy Stonehill

I like the Christmas music that is free to download here: https://dzwoneknatelefon.com/so-this-is-christmas/

I love “The Little Drummer Boy”, too!! I was 12 years old when Harry Simeon Chorale put out its vinyl recording in 1958. I loved it at first listen. I had the “record” (that’s what they called them then) throughout my teen years, and was lost at some point along the way. To this day, hearing it is still a near-spiritual experience.

Anonymous

Hi Sammy!!!….there’s salesmanship and there’s…..

hearing ” let it snow” in July is awesome….haha🍦🍦🍦

Anonymous

Brit….I so love you !!!…you say it like it is..

Huggs, grace

Slade played at Reading Rock festival in 1980, and, when it came to the encore, the crowd yelled for “Merry Xmas!”

Noddy Holder told them they were crackers – Merry Xmas on August bank holiday?

But they played it anyway.  Wish I had been there, but I was only 15, and my parents absolutely forbade it.

https://youtu.be/Vt6RMHdlc_k

Love Laura

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?