Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, now we all like compliments dont we? Some say ohhhh! you look lovely!! but do you like the compliment or do you prefer not to be complimented on how you look? let’s see!!

Fiona-Ann xxx

Molly
      Duchess

Fiona; (Another great survey.. Thanks)

I love the compliments!  Who wouldn’t?, I have been getting the most interesting compliments all the time now.   I did have my ears pierced in March, and the number of women who have complimented me on them and wanted to talk has been amazing even when I’m otherwise presenting as male.

I’ve had many more pleasant conversations than I’ve ever been able to have previously with complete strangers..  Absolutely love it.   Maybe it’s the earrings, maybe I’m just happier these days.. Don’t know the cause, but I’m loving it, and the compliments.

-Molly

Leonara
        Ambassador

Molly,
        You are lovely… a sincere compliment from Leonara

Molly
          Duchess

Leonara;

That’s so kind and I’m blushing now.  Thank-you.  All the beautiful ladies on CDH are an inspiration that I can look closer to how I’d like to – simply to feel pretty.

-Molly

Leonara
            Ambassador

Hun, I am so happy that my compliment had a positive effect – blushing!!! Thank you for sharing…..Leonara

I don’t like compliments.  Most of my life I was always given backhanded or snarky compliments.  I know it may be wrong to think this but most compliments feel like they benefit the complimentor (patting themselves on the back for good deed) than it really benefits the complimentee.  I keep getting told think positive intent, but I have seen the negative intent a lot of people really have.  I know, Nat quit being a Debbie Downer, but its hard to see positive when you lived in a sea of negative.

Hi Natasha, i had to reply because i know exactly where you are coming from here. It is so easy for people to think we are just being negative, but as you say, when you have had so many people putting you down in your life, and not just crossdressing, this takes a long time to heal. If i was to be honest, i like compliments, but i dont know how to handle them, i think to myself, are people just saying this to make me feel better? are they being honest with me? etc etc. So i do understand what you mean Natasha, its not easy by any means, i think we have to learn to trust, easier said than done, i know. Take care hun and thanks for your reply.

Fiona-Ann xxx

Anonymous

Fiona. I guess it’s a very simple question, but the caveat is compliments sincere and compliments just to be had. Similar theme to the “who says thank you” thread. It’s not however binary – “I like I don’t like?”.

So honesty first and always.

No comment is allowed to mean anything.

Negative comments encouraged if constructive and of course, not demeaning.

Some circumstances, such as someone seeking a photo I may have posted, if complimented I am truly flattered (hint, hint…just kidding). Again, honesty ALWAYS works.

so…thus my comment. Sorry you asked?

kate

Hi Kate, i think you summed it all up in a professional way!! couldnt have put it better myself!! Honesty is the way forward, constructive critisicm is good as long as its not abusive. At the end of the day, we are all learning, moving forward as it were, and what better than to take advice from our more experienced members!! i’m all ears girls!!

Fiona-Ann xxx

Anonymous

Fiona. You are a born ideas person! Invite me when you hold a salon (see 19th century definition) of diverse (or perverse, even) minded individuals.  Red wine for me!

kate

Anonymous

Hi..Fiona,

These is very obvious type question. Every girl like complement. It’s a different thing if she is suffering from mood swings otherwise which girl will say she doesn’t like to get complemented.

Perhaps I amvain but I love compliments. It makes all the getting ready worthwhile. It is especially nice from a man. Emma

Anonymous

Hi Fee!

Interesting poll for sure. Months ago I got an article published very much related to this subject.

I do love compliments. Specially when coming from females and in person. But it may take a while before you can get your mind adjusted to be able to accept it when somebody tells you that you look nice/pretty as a woman. Some people never can actually. To some others it may trigger an overly narcissistic reaction.

Most of us, in our male lives are very seldom complimented in our looks. And also, for a straight CD, getting compliments from men can be mind-boggling.

My suggestion in the article is the same here. Take compliments with a grain of salt. Don’t lose ground. Many times people is just being nice. Or they are your friends who are being nice. Context is important. This is a CD site, compliments here are nice, but compliments in real life by non-cd (and non-sales people) may be more special.

Thank you Fee!

Gaby 💜

K Swim
      Lady

The only feedback I have ever gotten was a negative one from the ex-wife when she found out….which is one of a couple of reasons she became “ex”.

Honestly, I don’t wish for compliments or any kind of feedback at all. I just prefer to enjoy my time doing it and not be bothered by anyone nor get unwanted attention.

Yes, as any girl would like compliments I also love them. If they are related to my clothes I feel happy, if they are related to my figure, I feel happier 😉

It gives me a mental satisfaction of being a girl and appearing as a girl. I try to look and behave like a girl as much as possible. Sometimes, I forget that I am not a biological girl. I wear everything a girl normally wears and in the same way right from bra, panties, camisoles, dresses, earrings, necklaces, bangles, makeup and even sanitary pads too. It makes me feel like a genuine girl. And then I appreciate if someone recognizes me as a beautiful girl 😍

Kimmie
      Lady

I recognize that I could never pass, or really come close, so I’ve never tried. For the most part, my cross dressing is limited to panties and, occasionally pantyhose or tights. My cross dressing is strictly a sexual fetish and I’m not like so many on CDH, gender fluid. (I sincerely hope no one is offended by my use of that term; I wasn’t sure what term to use.)

Another fetish of mine is spanking. For a few years, I had a woman who would undress me and put me over he lap for a spanking. I always tried to wear my prettiest panties when I was to see her. I cherished each time she complimented me on my choice of panties.

I don’t look for compliments so it’s always a surprise.  All of the compliments I’ve had come from young women.  They all are for my clothes.  They are said in such an understated way that sometimes I don’t realize they are compliments.  I always try to accept them in a sincere way and thank them.  But my goal in dressing is not to seek compliments but they are a lovely  byproduct.  Men have never complimented me.  However now that I can appreciate how much work it takes, I always compliment a made up woman.

Anonymous

It’s really surprised me to learn that I love those compliments!

I guess it shouldn’t, but, as a man, I don’t like them at all. It makes me feel like I’m being paid a compliment, ergo I owe something for it.

As Laura, compliments validate me, make me feel beautiful, make me glad of my choices, and make me love the person who’s given the compliment.

Yep, I’m a total sucker for them, but a happy one!

Love Laura

OMG yes, I love being complimented.  What girl doesn’t?  Most of the compliments I get are directed more to my choice of outfits or accessory I have used to put it all together rather to me personally, but that is okay.  It let’s me know that people notice my choices and I present myself in public.

The thing I don’t like about them is when they are ‘forced’, like in meeting  a small group of people where I know only 1 or 2 of them.  Once introduction’s have been made, you can tell who is making a compliment about you that they are doing it to only be polite to your common acquaintances and not wanting it to seem like they are snubbing you or something.

It has to look and sound genuine to be taken to heart.

Paula

I love them, and I get them.

But I also have to fight a massive paranoia / imposter syndrome that tells me that people are simply being ‘nice’ to make me feel better, and don’t mean what they say. So I’m not very good at receiving compliments from others. It’s my problem, not theirs, though.

<m>Oh My Fiona what a great question, yes yes and yes is my answer. When we went to Reno I enjoyed every single one I received, and their were an awful lot of them. Now I know some were others just being polite to us but they were still were very nice to hear. But all and all it just makes you feel special inside when someone tells you how nice you look, on they compliment you on your attire. I think most women appreciate that, don’t you. I for one love it. Hugs Coral

Anonymous

Like all, a nice compliment is just what a woman like to hear…although the best compliments are not always by kind words; one in a restaurant a gentleman approached my table with a bunch of flowers as he apparently had a blind date and in the last moment was “saved” by waiter taking him to another woman!

Of course I like compliments! It’s something I rarely get in “male mode” and perhaps only slightly more en fem. and then only on-line. But oddly enough I also appreciate constructive criticism! which is even more rare. But how else can we improve or correct out mistakes if no one points them out to us?

I will also always hand out both myself, I always will click the “like” button on all articles and pictures I can honestly appreciate! And I hope you all will do the same.

M.

Hi Fiona Who does not like a compliment especially when there is a change or some new that you have bought. That is one feminate quality we should not hide from others. A simple compliment can change someones day for the better. Luv Stephanie

I really love compliments – I guess that most people do – particularly when they are genuine. Having stated that I do mostly view the relatively few compliments I get with a certain amount of suspicion. Its great when somebody says something looks good on me and then wants to know more about the item, things like where I bought it. To me this makes the compliment that bit more real.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Ever since I was 4 I loved wearing pantyhose and showing off my legs. When I was 17 I began wearing pantyhose with guy shorts and clothes. Soon after I bought some short girl’s shorts and platform wedges.  I loved wearing them out with my pantyhose to show off my legs and to go shopping to buy moire clothes, especially pantyhose and shoes.

I did notice looks and heads turning. I was excited and flattered by that, until one day while buying pantyhose, I got asked about the pantyhose I was wearing and if it was what I was buying. They made my legs look really nice.\

I felt an immediate and overwhelming rush of fear and panic. I put down the pantyhose I was going to buy and hurried out of the store. After thinking about what had happened I put on my outfit and went back and bought the pantyhose I left behind. I swore to myself if that ever happened again I would handle it different and not flee.

The next time I got noticed and got asked about my pantyhose, I got the same rush of fear and panic but didn’t run off. I talked about the pantyhose I was wearing and was going to buy. I was trembling and sweating the whole time. But I bought the pantyhose and got a date out of it. I learned I could handle it and once I settled down I realized it really was fun.

After that when I got told I had nice legs or got told if they had legs like mine they would show them like I do. They asked about the pantyhose I was wearing and what other brands I liked. Each encounter the fear and panic subsided and it was more fun.

The when I dressed fully fem I got fawned over, complimented and hit on constantly. I loved it. Even today, many years later  to be told I look nice or my legs look great, I love it.

Deb Cox
      Lady

I’m posting this while going to bed, so I apologise if it’s a little scattered.

Ive been going to a bar and have made friends and everyone is so kind. I have been complimented many times on my nails, hair, outfit etc…  I’m somewhat indifferent to compliments, I mean they don’t affect my self esteem, however,  I do love them for the opportunity to meet people, start a conversation, give a compliment back and make friends.  I always give sincere compliments,  and I like to compliment others at the bar.  I mostly compliment women, either because I’m attracted to them, or because women are more open to receiving compliments.  If I decide to compliment someone, I will usually just mention something about them that really stands out to me, it’s an art form, and you have to practice it. People have strengths, and you learn to uncover them. I met a women in the bathroom, she mentioned she had just gone through a breakup after 4 years, we chatted, then later I ran into her again, I noticed that she didn’t have much or any makeup on, and so I sincerely told her she didn’t need makeup because she is a natural beauty, which a really believe, she’s one of the lucky ones that can pull that off, anyway I ended up dancing with her and two of her friends for a long time.  If you are not comfortable giving compliments, get out of your comfort zone, give some sincere compliments, and you will be pleasantly surprised at the what they will bring you. Give and you shall receive.  Peace out ladies.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

A resounding yes from me….. Mostly cos of all the lovely compliments about my photos and articles  I’ve received from some of you wonderful ladies on CDH!!

Like most of us, the male me, never gets any in terms of appearance, but a lot of “thanks” for what I do for certain charities and groups….

But the Caty in me really appreciates it, (as I’m sure we all do) when someone takes the time to favorably comment on the way I am dressed and/or made up. The latter of course is down to the professional make up artists I use. wont post a photo unless this has occured.

Happy dressing

Caty

Anonymous

I had to check “other”. When I’ve put a real effort into some task, I appreciate a complement for the result. But otherwise, complements mean I have drawn attention to myself – which tends to put me off-balance – and I have difficulty forming a coherent reply. It’s not so bad online, but face-to-face, I’m definitely what I call “socially retarded”.

Well said! When viewed as a ‘daily’ question then your articulation very much mirrors my own perspective. In general I see my efforts as just ‘doing my job’ and see no need (nor want) any recognition.

I’ve yet to ‘step out’ in full gurl mode but then I think I actually would like to be complimented (e.g. asked out) to at least know whether I’m attractive or not.

Wanted to get back to this, but had some time conflicts.  I love compliments that are thoughtful or spontaneous, but genuine.  I don’t know what the future will bring, but for some time, my only venture out “dressed” has been in androgynous outfits.  I frequently run daytime errands in skinny jeans and tunics or sleeveless tops, with heeled booties or sandals, dependent on the weather.  Sometimes I wear body briefers or similar undergarments even with breast inserts that protrude only slightly – giving an illusion of a breast-line.   Other times, the compression tanks create their own natural breast enhancement.  Regardless, my butt and chest look like those of a healthy youthful women – but I’m clearly a man.  For me, while it may be counterintuitive, the recognition and acknowledgement I have received is gratifying.  Not only do I get welcomed attention, but I get comments like “nice outfit, cute boots, love your top, great jeans, or love the heels!”  I think many (mostly women) like my look on men.  I wish my wife was more comfortable with it.  I know if I dressed this way all-the-time, I could hang out with a sense of the appropriate.  Why?  Because, you know what, it’s a great look, no matter who’s wearing it!

FAM

Anonymous

Yes absolutely! Especially with my shoes and boots. having other women compliment on style is a small Victory i think!

I receive compliments almost every time I go out and yes I like them but I don’t expect them. I try to present nicely as a female whenever I’m dressed and feel I do fine at this. One thing I do while out is to compliment women on their clothing or whatever it’s aimed at or truthfully comment and ask about a certain item and where they bought it. When out and dressed Fem I think this comes across as genuine and that person will see and accept it so. If a guy where to same the same thing it might come across as strange or pervy.

Sandy

I get complimented quite often at my CD/TG support group meetings, due to my pretty dresses and classy skirts. In the beginning I was surprised to receive a compliment, since I was presenting as a woman for the first time. Currently, my social graces have dramatically improved and many times I’m the first to offer a compliment. I’m comfortable with the way I dress and it makes me happy, receiving a compliment is like the cherry on a sundae.

I think a compliment is always good for everyone, it just makes you feel good

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?