• This topic has 29 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

You,re sitting, in drab, in a waiting room of a dental office with probably a dozen others
      the doctor’s assistant enters and calls for the next patient. The name she calls out is your femme name. do you
      A. not even here her, too absorbed with your texting
      B. your head jerks at the mention of your femme name, but you quickly recover, and are pretty sure no one noticed.
      C. you start to rise from your seat, only then realizing you’re NOT the next patient
      not speaking from experience

Anonymous

Happen last week for me was not a dental office but Dr office for my Blood work. seated and then nurse called Donna into the back Asked  Donna who. was me after all. when gave last name.

I know some people with my name (but not my spelling).  So if I’m in that setting, I can usually ignore it.  And I had a friend who would always call me by my femme name whether I was in male or female mode.

When I’m in a setting where I don’t know the people, I have had in the past moments when I look up momentarily.  I think now I’ve learned so that it’s just my ears that perk up.

Anonymous

My initials are ” T.J.” SO IT could happen. My family always called me Timmy. I went by tjat until medical school, & went with ” Tim”. But no one but my Girlfriends call me T.J..
      Dr. T.J.

Anonymous

Hi Kelli.

It’s never happened to me, but if I was waiting and someone called out  ” Grace”, I would definitely look…..

If ” Grace Scarlett” was called, I would probably pass out!!!!!

Grace xx

I would definitely look, If my name was called, but it hasn’t happened yet, lol
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Anonymous

Hi Kelli,

I think I’d blow a mental fuse, quickly followed by an obsessive need to know who the hell this other person was that was causing me such confusion. Unless of course in another parallel universe, it really was me they were calling for …

Marti xxx

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Interesting question. I’ve been out a number of times in my drab self. I would hear someone calling “Patty”. I would look toward the person, thinking it might be another CD who also knows how I look in drab mode. That’s happened at least a few times.

I guess Darcy isn’t all that common so it hasn’t happened to me but I’m sure I would look up if nothing more than to see what another Darcy looked like.

I have not heard Jeannie called out so I am not sure what would happen. I would love to meet a single gg named Jeannie and maybe one day compare panties

No matter where I am when I hear Debbie called out I am looking around

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

While I been out in public it never been to any personal level at all. The only place “Kelly” is used is here and while my wife and kids know it they don’t call me by that name.
      Because of that I don’t react to “Kelly” even if I’m dressed so no risk for it when in drab.

Now I did choose “Kelly” specifically for the reason that it’s unisex and I have an alter-ego name of Kelly that I have used here and there on internet. That means if someone would see something tagged “Kelly” I can say it’s my alter-ego name.
      That also means if I ever get around to react to “Kelly” it doesn’t matter that much.

/kt

Anonymous

Hi Ladies , Well my real name is Leslie , so i am used to hearing it called out . When i was young i was picked on by other boys and one year in grade school a girl had the same name , this was a little embarrassing to say the least . Now i am happy to be Leslie and girly and fem , and not a bogger brained stinky boy , i’m a girl thank goodness , hear me purr . Leslie Anne

Yes, it happens twice, one when shopping groceries and another clothes. In one case, I hear some lady calling my name and turned around without thinking.  Obviously, she was calling somebody else and didn’t notice me. But I felt so good because of my natural reaction.

A couple of my girl friends only refer to me as Amber. Gawd I luv them.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous

When I hear Katie I’ll at least smile inwardly, thinking about responding and feeling all feminine.💕💋 Katie

Anonymous
      Lady

I just started using Tina as my femme name. I went to pick up a free purse from someone’s house but they were not going to be home. They wrapped it in brown paper and put Tina on it and left it by the front door. It took me a few seconds to remember that I am Tina.

Penningtons will put your name on a board on the outside of the dressing room to show you are using it. The salesperson asked me what name to put on the board. I just looked at her dumbfounded. She just left it blank.

You’ll get used to the name, hon, but it may take a while! I was so proud of myself when I was out and went to Ulta with my wife, the girl at the counter asked my name, and I remembered it, lol! I was at a loss when she asked for email though. I have an email as Bridgette, but don’t generally remember it, as I haven’t had to use it much.

Bridgette

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Not an issue,

My femme name is fairly uncommon.

I only heard it one other time used on a TV series 20 years ago.(not where I got it)

So, I wouldn’t likely respond at all.

xoxo

Rayna

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Always.  Not an issue for me since for me one name fits all, lol!  It’s so much simpler that way.🙂

Anonymous

Hi Kelli,
      Happened to me just the other day in a local coffee shop. The barista called Jillian and I stepped forward. I realized that it wasn’t my order so I backed away, a little embarrassed.

Hugs
      Jillian

I respond when my wife calls me Kimberly although she doesn’t agree with my dressing. I used my name Kim whilst in drab mode a few days ago. It was nice to hear my name called out even though it was for a chicken kebab.

I’m responsive to either name used independant of how I’m dressed as I have people in my life who use both.

I was at a grocery checkout and smiled inside when I noticed the young ladies nametag “Olivia”. Just then a co-worker called her name, we both noticably looked towards them and then at each other with a smile.

It hasn’t happened to me yet, but then I don’t know many GGs named Bridgette either, with any spelling, so it may not actually happen. The only place that’s seen me as both Wil and Bridgette is where my wife and I go to get our toes done. I’d been there in drab with my wife a couple times getting pedi’s together and the first time I went there as Bridgette, the girl who died my feet asked for my name, knowing she’d seen me before as Wil. It was cool.

Bridgette

Anonymous

I would also be startled, but I would definitely hear them calling my female name. I was talking with a friend about how nobody talks to Haley, they all talk to Hal. She is lonely inside of me, and loves to engage in conversation with others. Even my GG friend, the first person that I came out to, closed our conversation about this subject with  “I got your back man”. She called Haley “man”. I guess some days my gift sends me mixed signals 😢

Anonymous

B. But my wife calls me katie regardless of what I’m wearing and I respond :).

Anonymous

Since coming out at work respond to my name all the time now

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Kelli.

Has not happened…………….yet……………….but should it ……………and I do get up and walk towards the nurse…………………the “safety card ” I keep tucked in my sheer stockings is…………” Oh…..I thought you said….Charley…….”   karley

Anonymous

Well, since my name is rather unique (I don’t know anyone else who stares my name), I would have to respond. But since no one really knows my name outside of a sales lady at Torrid and you all, I guess it would be a no, except to that sales clerk.

Anonymous

Since was waiting to be called back sooner then later was finally  relieved was called But felt great being announced in back of mind as fem name

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?