- This topic has 30 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Anonymous.
- May 3, 2021 at 5:21 pm #487351Kelli MarloweParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 70Has thanked: 817 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
You,re sitting, in drab, in a waiting room of a dental office with probably a dozen others
the doctor’s assistant enters and calls for the next patient. The name she calls out is your femme name. do you
A. not even here her, too absorbed with your texting
B. your head jerks at the mention of your femme name, but you quickly recover, and are pretty sure no one noticed.
C. you start to rise from your seat, only then realizing you’re NOT the next patient
not speaking from experience
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 27, 2021 at 9:55 pm #497361AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 34Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 117 times
Well, since my name is rather unique (I don’t know anyone else who stares my name), I would have to respond. But since no one really knows my name outside of a sales lady at Torrid and you all, I guess it would be a no, except to that sales clerk.
- May 15, 2021 at 1:41 pm #492406karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 439Has thanked: 2079 timesBeen thanked: 1289 times
Has not happened…………….yet……………….but should it ……………and I do get up and walk towards the nurse…………………the “safety card ” I keep tucked in my sheer stockings is…………” Oh…..I thought you said….Charley…….” karley
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 15, 2021 at 1:18 pm #492398
- May 15, 2021 at 1:16 pm #492396
- May 15, 2021 at 9:20 am #492344Holly GoodrichLadyRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 88Has thanked: 253 timesBeen thanked: 588 times
Hell yeah! Like others here, it was in a medical setting. Funny thing, I was the only one in the waiting roo.
But, it made me feel great when doctor asked if I’d prefer Holly over my drab name. Next visit there will be all femme.
- May 15, 2021 at 9:15 am #492342Haley AnnLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 134Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 632 times
I would also be startled, but I would definitely hear them calling my female name. I was talking with a friend about how nobody talks to Haley, they all talk to Hal. She is lonely inside of me, and loves to engage in conversation with others. Even my GG friend, the first person that I came out to, closed our conversation about this subject with “I got your back man”. She called Haley “man”. I guess some days my gift sends me mixed signals 😢
- May 15, 2021 at 8:54 am #492333Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 1040Has thanked: 14557 timesBeen thanked: 3904 times
It hasn’t happened to me yet, but then I don’t know many GGs named Bridgette either, with any spelling, so it may not actually happen. The only place that’s seen me as both Wil and Bridgette is where my wife and I go to get our toes done. I’d been there in drab with my wife a couple times getting pedi’s together and the first time I went there as Bridgette, the girl who died my feet asked for my name, knowing she’d seen me before as Wil. It was cool.
- May 15, 2021 at 4:20 am #492255Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 47Replies: 1646Has thanked: 8218 timesBeen thanked: 4441 times
I’m responsive to either name used independant of how I’m dressed as I have people in my life who use both.
I was at a grocery checkout and smiled inside when I noticed the young ladies nametag “Olivia”. Just then a co-worker called her name, we both noticably looked towards them and then at each other with a smile.
- May 15, 2021 at 3:14 am #492243Kimberly BeeLadyRegistered On: August 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 44Has thanked: 594 timesBeen thanked: 163 times
I respond when my wife calls me Kimberly although she doesn’t agree with my dressing. I used my name Kim whilst in drab mode a few days ago. It was nice to hear my name called out even though it was for a chicken kebab.
- May 14, 2021 at 6:30 pm #492176JillianWLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 143Has thanked: 285 timesBeen thanked: 550 times
Happened to me just the other day in a local coffee shop. The barista called Jillian and I stepped forward. I realized that it wasn’t my order so I backed away, a little embarrassed.
- May 14, 2021 at 5:27 pm #492169Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 1260Has thanked: 5712 timesBeen thanked: 6452 times
- May 14, 2021 at 5:18 pm #492164Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 217Has thanked: 364 timesBeen thanked: 657 times
- May 4, 2021 at 5:25 pm #487989Tina QLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 78Has thanked: 353 timesBeen thanked: 436 times
I just started using Tina as my femme name. I went to pick up a free purse from someone’s house but they were not going to be home. They wrapped it in brown paper and put Tina on it and left it by the front door. It took me a few seconds to remember that I am Tina.
Penningtons will put your name on a board on the outside of the dressing room to show you are using it. The salesperson asked me what name to put on the board. I just looked at her dumbfounded. She just left it blank.
- May 15, 2021 at 8:43 am #492328Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 1040Has thanked: 14557 timesBeen thanked: 3904 times
You’ll get used to the name, hon, but it may take a while! I was so proud of myself when I was out and went to Ulta with my wife, the girl at the counter asked my name, and I remembered it, lol! I was at a loss when she asked for email though. I have an email as Bridgette, but don’t generally remember it, as I haven’t had to use it much.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 4, 2021 at 1:34 pm #487865Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 179Has thanked: 1213 timesBeen thanked: 981 times
- May 4, 2021 at 12:10 pm #487821Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 98Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 365 times
- May 4, 2021 at 11:36 am #487813Alice HallieLadyRegistered On: May 1, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
Yes, it happens twice, one when shopping groceries and another clothes. In one case, I hear some lady calling my name and turned around without thinking. Obviously, she was calling somebody else and didn’t notice me. But I felt so good because of my natural reaction.
- May 4, 2021 at 10:51 am #487804Leslies Ann Gray GirlLadyRegistered On: September 22, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 140Has thanked: 345 timesBeen thanked: 544 times
Hi Ladies , Well my real name is Leslie , so i am used to hearing it called out . When i was young i was picked on by other boys and one year in grade school a girl had the same name , this was a little embarrassing to say the least . Now i am happy to be Leslie and girly and fem , and not a bogger brained stinky boy , i’m a girl thank goodness , hear me purr . Leslie Anne
- May 4, 2021 at 8:12 am #487743Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 21Replies: 253Has thanked: 231 timesBeen thanked: 1038 times
While I been out in public it never been to any personal level at all. The only place “Kelly” is used is here and while my wife and kids know it they don’t call me by that name.
Because of that I don’t react to “Kelly” even if I’m dressed so no risk for it when in drab.
Now I did choose “Kelly” specifically for the reason that it’s unisex and I have an alter-ego name of Kelly that I have used here and there on internet. That means if someone would see something tagged “Kelly” I can say it’s my alter-ego name.
That also means if I ever get around to react to “Kelly” it doesn’t matter that much.
- May 4, 2021 at 7:46 am #487710Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 633Has thanked: 2748 timesBeen thanked: 2546 times
- May 4, 2021 at 5:26 am #487628Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 467Has thanked: 1299 timesBeen thanked: 1614 times
- May 4, 2021 at 5:17 am #487620Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 81Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 446 times
- May 4, 2021 at 3:41 am #487587Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1655Has thanked: 1240 timesBeen thanked: 4524 times
Interesting question. I’ve been out a number of times in my drab self. I would hear someone calling “Patty”. I would look toward the person, thinking it might be another CD who also knows how I look in drab mode. That’s happened at least a few times.
- May 4, 2021 at 3:35 am #487585MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 333Has thanked: 1212 timesBeen thanked: 1305 times
I think I’d blow a mental fuse, quickly followed by an obsessive need to know who the hell this other person was that was causing me such confusion. Unless of course in another parallel universe, it really was me they were calling for …
- May 4, 2021 at 2:08 am #487567Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4621 times
- May 4, 2021 at 12:53 am #487549Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1821Has thanked: 6494 timesBeen thanked: 10200 times
It’s never happened to me, but if I was waiting and someone called out ” Grace”, I would definitely look…..
If ” Grace Scarlett” was called, I would probably pass out!!!!!
- May 3, 2021 at 11:48 pm #487528T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 375Has thanked: 4240 timesBeen thanked: 1589 times
My initials are ” T.J.” SO IT could happen. My family always called me Timmy. I went by tjat until medical school, & went with ” Tim”. But no one but my Girlfriends call me T.J..
- May 3, 2021 at 7:51 pm #487427Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 484Has thanked: 302 timesBeen thanked: 1979 times
I know some people with my name (but not my spelling). So if I’m in that setting, I can usually ignore it. And I had a friend who would always call me by my femme name whether I was in male or female mode.
When I’m in a setting where I don’t know the people, I have had in the past moments when I look up momentarily. I think now I’ve learned so that it’s just my ears that perk up.
- May 3, 2021 at 5:36 pm #487360DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
Happen last week for me was not a dental office but Dr office for my Blood work. seated and then nurse called Donna into the back Asked Donna who. was me after all. when gave last name.
- May 4, 2021 at 6:30 am #487657DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.