Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi all,

Sometimes I feel that my Xdressing is merely an outlet for my rebellious attitude towards society that I can never seem to come to peace with.

I was wondering if there was anyone else that feels this way or started off this way.

Thanks and hugs – Terrisa

Good morning,

My desire goes much deeper. I have a very strong feminine side and I feel the incredible urge to express it. It completes me as I do believe there is a women in here trying to escape!!!

Lanna

Ineresting Lanna, do you see the female in you rebellious?

No, not at all. Just an expression of my true self.

Kendra
      Duchess

I have never thought of the desire to crossdress being associated with a desire to rebel, but there probably is a connection between feeling rebellious and deciding to act on my desire to femininze despite what “society’s norms” might suggest is acceptable.

I have had the desire to wear feminine clothes from a very young age and i think the desire itself is separate from what “authority figures” or “society” thought about it.   But I have to admit that now that I am little older and care a little less about what others think and a little less about authority and the status quo – I do indulge in my need to feminize more freely.

So I guess being rebellious wouldn’t make the desire to crossdress any greater, but it would make me do it more – does that make sense?

Thanks Kendra, it makes total sense to me. When I first went out in my skirt and tights, I wore it to say “I can wear whatever I want and I don’t care what you think.”  I was a very rebellious back then and did anything I could (in demonstration and words, never violence.) to disrupt the way people thought. But there was that little voice in my head that said I have to keep this skirt and I wore the Hell out of that skirt until my SO shut it down for fear of the children.  Maybe I’m only half a xdesser lol.

Thanks and hugs, Kendra – Terrisa

Hi Terrisa!!  You pose an interesting question.  Myself, I cross dress because I love the clothing and role playing.  As a rebellion against society….no.  Society and I have never declared peace. It is an ongoing war that will never end. I was born with genes of intolerance for idiocy, stupidity, rudeness, racism, and just plain people as such.  The expression of…..”the more people I meet, the better I love my dog” tends to apply.  HOWEVER, I just love my girls at CDH.  If I had inherited my families land, I would have declared and independent country where all my “socially unaccepted friends could live and be happy” My very own Camelot as it were.  For now…….hugs and pecks

Lady V.

Hi Lady V,

Just still trying to figure out where I fit into the CD/XD equation and was looking for insight from the outside.  “…Love my dogs…” lol I so understand that.  I too am tired of intolerance and idoicy. I always say “I don’t care what you eat, wear or whom you sleep with; I only care if you are a good person.”

Jaime Parris
      Contributing Editor

Thank you for expressing something that I have had a hard time admitting.  The way I am expressing myself gender in public is to paint my fingernails.  Just seeing some people react negatively or outraged by it.  It makes me feel like a punk rocker.  I once had a co-worker who was in a bunch of punk bands.  We used to joke about the silly things people do to be “punk”.

Overall, the motive for crossdressing isn’t rebellion.  I can think of a million ways to rebel against society.  Mainly, telling people that they are smarter and better than how they are behaving.  I crossdress, because I am finally expressing something that I kept repressed for a really long time.  One of the main reason is because of society.  In a way, I am rebelling against society.  However, I am not doing for them.  I am doing it for myself.

Hi Jamie,

I used to be a Punk and dressed in some crazy attire complete with crazy hair styles. Then I went Goth and it got weird lol.

I think every one here rebels against the preconceived notions of attire and yes they generally do it for their selves.  It’s not a rebellion per se but one that says “I am going to wear what I want and I don’t care what you think unless you say I look good.”

I hope I got what you wrote right and maybe your right it isn’t how it started but it is how it is now.

Hi Terrisa, I understand…I’ve done things for rebellion’s sake as well.  But for dressing…it is simply who I am.  We all have our reasons for dressing, and whatever yours are, I support you…

Hi Terrisa, For me its not about rebellion, in fact thats the last thing I want t do. For me its about being the person I am, the whole me, for me. I have no desire to be rebellious but as I said I want to be the person I am, if thats rebellious, then I’m a rebel! But if rebellion is your thing, go for it!

Andrea xx

I don’t see it as a rebellion for me.  I’m just trying to be the most authentic me.  <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>My primary motivation is not being rebellious, but being who I need to be.  </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>I’m sure there are some in society that see crossdressing as a form of rebellion, and for some it may well be, but for me, the only rebellion is me rebelling against the narrow mindedness of those in society who can’t accept me as I am.  </span>

I would have to say no as my crosdressing predates my teen rebellious years.

Tanya
      Lady

When I was younger I did see it as a bit of a rebellion, but not anymore. It is part of who I am.

Wow! Thanks all, for your insight and sharing to a post I thought was long buried.  Well I agree that it started out as Samantha has said; a middle finger to society and it’s social constructs; it is no longer about rebellion in the sense of young angst but more of a fight for acceptance.  People should not be chastised for what the wear.  Hugs – Terrisa

Anonymous

No, I don’t see this as a rebellion. I too started at a very young age and was very secretive of my dressing or tried to be, until my late teens. Now I’m older I just don’t care and as I say, you don’t like it, don’t look, but I have no wish to go out and start something to prove my point. All though I have had a few altercations over the years, usually drunks with 80 proof courage.

Thanks good topic though, Heather.

No. I have a deep feminine feeling and believe that I should have been a woman.

I enjoy dressing as and acting like a woman.

No rebellions. Just myself.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Terrisa!   For me it is a rebellion against the ruling class that influences what to think, believe, dress, and behave.  CD is an expression of who I am and do this because I want to and will not be cowed  into shame any longer. . Of course I have to pick my fights carefully and just can’t go out in public dressed like I would like.  The guilt and shame is gone.  Being supportive of my CD sisters is a start in the right direction.  It wasn’t too long ago that gays and lesbians where totally taboo. Through education, support and positive example we can blaze a trail for future sisters.

Hey, Terrisa,

Honestly the only time I feel like I’m rebelling, is if I decide to go out dressed, which isn’t often, and usually is a quick errand. I feel empowered to go out expressing myself and not worrying about social “norms” against a man in a dress, or jeggings and heels.

Tiff

Lol Samantha, the middle finger sounds about right.  Thanks for the response Hugs – Terrisa

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?