This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Terrisa Washbourne 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Terrisa Washbourne
    Participant
    Registered On: October 29, 2017
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 86

Hi all,

Sometimes I feel that my Xdressing is merely an outlet for my rebellious attitude towards society that I can never seem to come to peace with.

I was wondering if there was anyone else that feels this way or started off this way.

Thanks and hugs – Terrisa

4 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies
     Terrisa Washbourne 
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I used to be a Punk and dressed in some crazy attire complete with crazy hair styles. Then I went Goth and it got weird lol.

I think every one here rebels against the preconceived notions of attire and yes they generally do it for their selves.  It’s not a rebellion per se but one that says “I am going to wear what I want and I don’t care what you think unless you say I look good.”

I hope I got what you wrote right and maybe your right it isn’t how it started but it is how it is now.

Jaime 
    Participant
    Registered On: July 3, 2017
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 21

Thank you for expressing something that I have had a hard time admitting.  The way I am expressing myself gender in public is to paint my fingernails.  Just seeing some people react negatively or outraged by it.  It makes me feel like a punk rocker.  I once had a co-worker who was in a bunch of punk bands.  We used to joke about the silly things people do to be “punk”.

Overall, the motive for crossdressing isn’t rebellion.  I can think of a million ways to rebel against society.  Mainly, telling people that they are smarter and better than how they are behaving.  I crossdress, because I am finally expressing something that I kept repressed for a really long time.  One of the main reason is because of society.  In a way, I am rebelling against society.  However, I am not doing for them.  I am doing it for myself.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Terrisa Washbourne 
    Participant

Thanks Kendra, it makes total sense to me. When I first went out in my skirt and tights, I wore it to say “I can wear whatever I want and I don’t care what you think.”  I was a very rebellious back then and did anything I could (in demonstration and words, never violence.) to disrupt the way people thought. But there was that little voice in my head that said I have to keep this skirt and I wore the Hell out of that skirt until my SO shut it down for fear of the children.  Maybe I’m only half a xdesser lol.

Thanks and hugs, Kendra – Terrisa

Terrisa Washbourne 
    Participant

Hi Lady V,

Just still trying to figure out where I fit into the CD/XD equation and was looking for insight from the outside.  “…Love my dogs…” lol I so understand that.  I too am tired of intolerance and idoicy. I always say “I don’t care what you eat, wear or whom you sleep with; I only care if you are a good person.”

Lady Veronica Graunwolf 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 476

Hi Terrisa!!  You pose an interesting question.  Myself, I cross dress because I love the clothing and role playing.  As a rebellion against society….no.  Society and I have never declared peace. It is an ongoing war that will never end. I was born with genes of intolerance for idiocy, stupidity, rudeness, racism, and just plain people as such.  The expression of…..”the more people I meet, the better I love my dog” tends to apply.  HOWEVER, I just love my girls at CDH.  If I had inherited my families land, I would have declared and independent country where all my “socially unaccepted friends could live and be happy” My very own Camelot as it were.  For now…….hugs and pecks

Lady V.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Kendra Gerard 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 10, 2015
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 50

I have never thought of the desire to crossdress being associated with a desire to rebel, but there probably is a connection between feeling rebellious and deciding to act on my desire to femininze despite what “society’s norms” might suggest is acceptable.

I have had the desire to wear feminine clothes from a very young age and i think the desire itself is separate from what “authority figures” or “society” thought about it.   But I have to admit that now that I am little older and care a little less about what others think and a little less about authority and the status quo – I do indulge in my need to feminize more freely.

So I guess being rebellious wouldn’t make the desire to crossdress any greater, but it would make me do it more – does that make sense?

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Lanna Barton 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 139

No, not at all. Just an expression of my true self.

Terrisa Washbourne 
    Participant

Ineresting Lanna, do you see the female in you rebellious?

Lanna Barton 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 139

Good morning,

My desire goes much deeper. I have a very strong feminine side and I feel the incredible urge to express it. It completes me as I do believe there is a women in here trying to escape!!!

Lanna

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account