Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I began with furtive purchases at Goodwill and Walmart always while dressed as a male(as an aside, my first pair of heels twenty plus years ago was bought in early October and the sales clerk –seeing the size 11 pumps-asked me if I was accessorizing a costume. I mumbled yes and quickly left after paying for them. ) I have gotten an occasional comment from the cashier about what a good deal I was getting or how cute the outfit was but they didn’t seem to know it was for me  )I do a lot of online shopping not so much because I fear shopping in person but because the selection is so much larger online especially given the size 16-18 dress size I need (darn it-wish I could get down to a size 10-12 or less so there would be cuter stuff available  )) Only downside is the variation in size from one company to another. If it is too small I end up just donating it to goodwill as charity. Too bad we can’t setup some sort of clearinghouse that the ladies on the site could get these items from but not sure how that would work or where the stuff would be stored.

I shop both in person and online.  Most of my shopping is done in person and in drab.  I learned years ago that there was nothing that I needed to be ashamed or afraid about the fact that I was shopping for myself.  If a store or SA is too backward to not want to help me then I can always go elsewhere to shop and make my purchases.  I have had some fantastic chats with Sales Assistants and managers as well as with other customers when they over hear that I am shopping for me.  I have great fun with it.  I have also started shopping online with Lane Bryant and having my order sent to my local store.  I then pick it up and have a chat with the SA as I show them my ID to get my packages.  The biggest downside isn’t shopping in person, but how often I do it and where am I going to put all of these clothes. lol

Renee

I shop mostly in person. When I first started I would get some strange looks but after talking with the sales persons,they understood. Now when I shop they help me put together some great outfits.

I can’t shop online…no credit card.  So i have no issues walking into a lingerie store and buy off the shelf.  The owners want my business…is all.  Bronwyn

Jackie K
      Lady

I started in stores mostly because 30 some years ago the internet was not an option. I was very nervous and always tried to keep the fascade of buying for my girlfriend up. Then On line became available and I went full on but the problems of size and fit and even look was multiplied compared to guessing size in stores so I went back to in-store. I became more and more comfortable and realized the sales persons didnt care about who it was for they needed the sale. So I became more and more comfortable and as perception changes slowly in society it has gotten easier and easier.Now I almost exclusively shop in femm as Jackie and it is wonderful. The stores I usually shop the sales assistants have gotten to know me and greet me when I come in, they have suggestions because they have gotten to know my style. We talk about what is happening in our lives, how our vacation went etc. Other women will complement my choices, ask where I have gotten the things I wear in, one girl asked where I get my shoes because she could see I had big feet and so did she. We talked about where to look and what is available. another women told me she had the same thing I was trying on and suggested I try something she wears with it as she liked the look. In short I feel that if you are confident and hold your head up and dont appoligize for being there you will not cause an eye to be batted.

Recently when I was shopping in complete boy mode at a Lane Bryant, a branch I had never been in before, I had a few things in my hand and a sales women came up to me and asked if I wanted her to start a fitting room for me. I thanked her and said yes, she asked my name and put it and hers on the outside and hung my selections inside. While I was trying things on she came by a few times to see how I was doing and if she could get any other sizes for me etc. She had nothing to loose and everything to gain by treating me nice and with respect. While I was checking out she asked if I needed anything else, told me about their sale on panties, congratulated me on how much I had earned toward more real woman dollars, a incentive program at Lanes, and that they would be having a sale next week and a big bra sale at the end of the month.

The thing that Im trying to say is we should never be embarsed to shop as woman or as men, just enjoy the experience.

Jackie

Anonymous

I always shop in person, as I am sick of shopping on line, receiving the wrong colours, wrong sizes, flaws in clothing etc. To me its a waste of money, whereupon shopping in person, you have a choice of colours, fashion,  comfortable fitting lingerie, shoes that match what I have just purchased.

As I am shopping as a female I am always dressed as such, winter or summer, love wearing see through blouses with gorgeous bras and camisoles, funky G-strings I even shop for bikinis to wear to the beach. I now continue to shop at the same outlets, so its all fun, the staff always rings me if a new fashion lines arrives.

My weakness is buying bras, have hundreds

Well, at least you actually “shopped” at Goodwill.  For a good while, until I got much better at my craft, I would stop a Goodwill/Salvation Army drop boxes in the streets and take the boxes if the had female clothing within.

It was a lot of work because most of the time the sizing was wrong. However, at times I would get lucky. After this, I would return the box. This worked out well as it looked as I was dropping stuff off while I simultaneous “snooped” the latest donations.

After some time had passed, I would make online donations that equated to the clothing items.

I buy tights in person, but the rest I buy online.

I buy a lot online but also do some shopping in person. I went on a shopping day recently and bought a bra, panties, a skirt, high boots, makeup, nail polish, jewellery and some other necessities. I shopped at a number of stores and didn’t have any issues with the staff or other customers. The clerk at one store where I bought the bra and some panties didn’t seem to think it was alarming. We had a nice chat while she was folding the panties and putting the items in the bag. I use caution and have a look around to see if there might be anyone that I know and  I try not to be bold or draw too much attention. I like seeing the items on the shelf or rack and the thrill of shopping is much better in person. I expect that someday I will get a derogatory remark from a fellow customer or staffer but I will handle it the best way I can.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?