Do you think wearing your shorts over tights is a crazy fashion?

i do it! my wife hates it! do you agree with her? or am i in the right? come on girls, cast your votes!

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes it is the most stupid thing i have ever heard
  • No, i see no problem at all with it
  • I neither agree nor disagree
  • Other ( please comment below )
Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Casey Amber Twitchings
      Participant
      Registered On: May 15, 2020
      Topics: 36
      Replies: 341

Nah, it’s not crazy at all. Wear what you want. Now cargo pants, those are crazy. Maybe it’s just me but when I want to wear pants I want to look nice, not like I’m planning on hitting the outback for a week.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Wendy Swift
      Participant
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 261

I don’t think there is a problem with it.

Taylor Swift wore something similiar in her concerts, so I don’t see why not.

Carica
      Participant
      Registered On: September 5, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 13

Am 64yrs old, but emotionally I’m like a 35yr old woman. So, I LOVE wearing tights under shorts. Preferably, cut-off jeans.

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 671

I worn purple tights under a short black skort last night as a matter of fact, so it doesn’t bother me…

Kristen Moore
      Participant
      Registered On: August 2, 2019
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 30

It’s pretty common. On most days, if you go out somewhere, you’ll see at least one genetic female wearing leggings under shorts. And the whole point (to me anyway) is to emulate genetic women.

Robyn Devine
      Participant
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 278

To me it depends on what your doing and the look your going for.  As Im putting together a rocker chick outfit, I have a pair of black cut off jean shorts that I put over black or nude tights with fishnets over those and knee high boots.  I guess for me, its more situation dependent?

3 users thanked author for this post.
      karley delaware
      Participant
      Registered On: October 23, 2017
      Replies: 393

I love to show my legs………….but when the weather is cooler, then shorts over tights keeps them warm and I still feel sexy and slutty.  Pants are so yucky.

Britney Summers
      Participant
      Registered On: June 6, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 90

Compared to ripped up jeans/clothes known as poverty fashion, shorts over tights are much better fashion trend.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Deborah Sullivan
      Participant
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Replies: 359

I wear shorts over tights when biking myself and seems acceptable at the gym as well. True it is more of a young girl fashion but really dont care what people think at times

Rei Durden
      Participant
      Registered On: October 11, 2020
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 462

I love the look! I’m anxious to go try it out right now as a matter of fact.

Alice Underwire
      Participant
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 2037

Hi Fiona,

It might be frivolous but it can be fun too.  I had always wanted to do it so I did.  If it’s chilly the tights keep you warm.
      Alice

Genevïéve
      Participant
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 243

I agree with Rachel… shorts over tights is very sexy…

Gen 💋

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Rachel Cross
      Participant
      Registered On: October 13, 2020
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 154

no. i think it is a pretty sexy look. i think i look good in my girl short shorts and black designer panty hoes and heels. i do it alot if im in a hurry and still want to look sexy. i think guys like the look too.

Christina Roberts
      Participant
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 74

for me certainly not.  I love when getting the opportunity to wear black tights under short womens denim shorts walking around the house with ballet style pumps and a lace or silk top….feel so comfortable and easy in them

Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 650

It seems to be just a throwback to the 80’s when people wore gym shorts over sweat pants.  Just part of the fashion carousel.

PaulaF

johanna lynch
      Participant
      Registered On: August 9, 2017
      Replies: 28

yes too sexy !!

Anne-Marie
      Participant
      Registered On: August 26, 2018
      Replies: 382

I really cant see a problem wearing tights underneath short but with a caveate, if the tights are sheer then ones legs must be close shaven.

I do this regularly and love the effect with a pair of very glossy natural tights. Normally it actually quite hard to notice that I’m wearing the tights unless the light strikes them an a certain way where the ultra gloss show. I think this then looks super sexy.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie

Ashley
      Participant
      Registered On: May 25, 2019
      Replies: 174

I like the shorts over tights look myself. Works great with boots! (not a subtle look at all, though…)

Sally Drinkwater
      Participant
      Registered On: July 15, 2019
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 227

I can’t believe that you girls have forgotten ‘hotpants’ already, we all wore them over tights with platform shoes.

If I could still buy them I doubt that they would still fit, I might have to cut the legs off a pair of painters overalls.

Carly Keene
      Participant
      Registered On: February 10, 2020
      Replies: 30

Personally I don’t like wearing tights or pantyhose if I don’t have to I’m a bare leg girl so if I’m wearing shorts I would go bare legs

Bettylou Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Replies: 1494

It’s a question of context.  Unless you’re in a Superhero outfit, wearing your underwear outside your tights seems foolish.  But if you’re a CD, we all have something to hide “down there”, and every little bit helps.

Ruby Friday
      Participant
      Registered On: May 20, 2019
      Replies: 16

I like to wear LuLaRoe leggings but I’m a firm believer that leggings are not pants (though that is flexing recently… Lol). Anyway, I want to cover my crotch but I ALSO want to be able to wear my shorty shorts. As a plus size woman (GG, 33 years old) I have quite a bit of chub rub so the shorts alone don’t work so I like to wear them over my bright and fun leggings.

That being said, I do get comments about it from other women. They say things like “your style is so cute” or “I love your fun prints” which of course probably means they think I look a little odd. But I do not care. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 163

I am sure that at least one of you have pointed out Superman.  You going to tell him off?  🙂  I must admit that i am terrible confused here.  Modelling, shorts over bare legs, nylons or various & sundry leggings is “part of the day!” when doing shoots, QUITE OFTEN mind you!  Yet so very many are against this?  Hmm…   I am ‘befuddled’.  One of my “hottest” (and most requested outfits is for dance).  I’m in all black, long black hair fall, hair volumized, “ITTY BITTY” shiny leather shorts, metallic black leggings (that still allow flesh colours to bleed through as you ‘stretch’ the right ways), OTK boots …that’s far enough to get my drift.  It’s one of the most watched Vids in the ‘trans’ world and was performed in 1991 (Sept).  (So, because this site is for CD’ers, I’d sooner think most haven’t viewed it …since it’s of no interest why would you right)?  hahaha……

I’m going to try to figure out WHY so many are vehemently against what I’ve been ‘learned’ is AOK (but 100’s of thousands of models (and honestly we ARE ‘fashion conscious’ but there’s NO accounting for taste I suppose).  Guess I’ll just NOT wear the shorts and let the ladies “p*ss & moan” that I’m not DRESSED ….because it is EASY TO SEE that I can’t win with nor without, so why bother trying to appease “the others” (you will slowly lose your sanity on THAT danged path).

*My neighbors feel that MY SMARTEST MOVE IN LIFE (they are Christians, and FULLY know I am Goth & “trans”) …they have expressed to me that GOD damned me before birth, (umm, yeah, RIGHT!), and my only chance at HEAVEN is to have my breasts removed (because they are “demonic or cancerous” and will lead others to ‘damnation’ also!   –>and admit myself to a VA Domiciliary for daily “mental activities designed to make “trannies” normal.  They actually make you WELCOME death.

Want to come home and have THAT BS across the road from you?  (Well, 3 miles closer to town is ‘across the road’ out here)!  hahaha….  THAT is ‘the level of Heat’ when you are in my shoes.  Out & About is ‘eventless’ 99.9% of the time.  I easily and always pass for ‘femme’ because I AM femme (as far as I am concerned …especially now).  Femininity INCREASES with a person’s age (I’m talking males).  For women?  It actually decreases as their hormonal levels plummet and never recover.  Don’t take my word for it though.  MAYO CLINIC has several such studies, each and all of them reflecting what I just stated.

Bettylou Cox
        Participant
        Registered On: May 26, 2019
        Replies: 1494

Aimee,

I never thought about performers (and yes, I did mention superheros in general) in my post.

And I want to apologize on behalf of your “Christian” neighbors for the flak they give you.  I’m firmly in that camp, myself, and we are not all like that.  The few predators who CD give us all a bad rap.

Bettylou

Anonymous
        Inactive
        Registered On:
        Topics: 147
        Replies: 662

Hi Aimee. (Love the name by the way)

I don’t think that people here is vehemently against the look. Some of us just don’t think it is something that we would wear when going out mainstream. Also, there is a difference which somebody has already pointed out to wearing dressy shorts and hosiery than cut-off jeans shorts with say, fishnets.

And more importantly, everybody has their own style. The fact that some are for it and some are not is purely for conversation.

Gaby

Anonymous
          Inactive
          Registered On:
          Replies: 163

After retirement from the military I JUMPED on the opportunity to change my name (and you may as long as it’s not for illegal purposes), thus “Aimee” was born.  *Amy is my CTS-V Caddy btw.  hahah…  “Amy, What You Gonna Do?”  I Think, I Could Stay With You – For A While Maybe Longer If I Do.”  YEAH!

For the record, in several shoots (and just running around), I LOVED wearing my leather shorts (black/shiny and tight), with fishnets and pumps or OTK’s  …”cheap?”  Nope.  Sexy.  Period.  If it isn’t, why in the world am I always inundated with “proposals” for “things?”  🙂  (By both men & women no less).  So …it’s not as ‘taboo’ as many may think?  I dunno.  To each their own.

There’s a place for about everything ….and I tend to “walk on the wild side” more often than not.  Forgive me?

Rachel Cross
            Participant
            Registered On: October 13, 2020
            Topics: 19
            Replies: 154

amy is right. walk on the wild side or what i like to call push the envelope. these things ain’t for everyone, but some of us are more daring than others. they make these things to be sexy and attract attention. and it works. i get lots of complements when i dress. some people dont like the attention, but i do. my male side is much on the shy side. but when i dress my wild side comes out. its fun to dress sexy. there are a few things i dont wear and that is pointy shoes and clothes with flowers on them. not for me.

Anonymous
            Inactive
            Registered On:

Nothing to forgive, but you know that. If you like it and you get inundated with proposals, good for you. Different people has different styles and different taste. Not a big deal.

Claudia C
      Ambassador
      Registered On: August 23, 2015
      Topics: 43
      Replies: 112

I like the style. But it’s an odd look, kinda like young men wearing leggings under shorts.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Claudia C. Reason: Typo
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 27, 2018
      Topics: 53
      Replies: 1178

I have seen it lots of times with the college students. I think its cute.

Elise Michelle
      Participant
      Registered On: January 3, 2018
      Replies: 213

I’m not a big fan of the look and, as Tiffany said, it’s not very practical here in South Florida because of the heat and humidity. Plus, if I’m going to take the time and effort to shave my legs, I want them to be seen. They are definitely my most feminine part.

It also seems to be an outdated style here in the States. I saw a lot of it back in the 80’s, but not so much lately. The only time I really see that look is when I visit my daughters up north and see runners wearing tights under shorts because it’s cold outside.

But, just because I don’t like the look, doesn’t mean you can’t like it. To each her own.

Ellie87 Pinsk
      Participant
      Registered On: January 9, 2019
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 84

I think its adorable, and of you havent had time to shave its practical

Anne Preuss
      Participant
      Registered On: December 13, 2018
      Replies: 460

I might be in the minority but from a style that one would wear in public, I cringe at the thought of wearing shorts over tights.  I dislike the look.   It’s just a fashion faux pas.  If you’re doing it for some sort of sporting activity, I guess I could see that.   But to go in that “style” to go shopping, to the coffee shop, to whatever….ugh!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 145

I don’t see a problem with it if you look good and feel good. I’m from the UK and hot pants worn over american tan tights were all the rage in the ’70s. Nowadays its more denim shorts and black opaque tights in the UK and it is a younger girl thing. I loved wearing shorts and tights when I was younger.

Suzy Grl
        Participant
        Registered On: December 28, 2018
        Replies: 17

Also an expat from the UK, shorts over tights has always been quite normal but I agree, its certainly a younger look.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 13

I like the trend especially since I cant shave my legs. Get the best of both worlds 🙂

Isabelle O’Malley
      Participant
      Registered On: May 13, 2019
      Replies: 49

To be honest I’ve thought about trying out the whole ‘tights/leggings with (tight bootie) shorts’ at the gym a couple of times but haven’t had the guts to follow through. Perhaps soon 😊

Roberta Thomas
      Participant
      Registered On: September 15, 2018
      Topics: 63
      Replies: 548

A very interesting thread here Fiona.I just voted firmly against.But all of a sudden I recall when I first dressed en femme privately at the age of twelve I wore my football shorts over my tights.Mostly because I didn’t have the courage to seek out my mum’s skirts and try them on thinking they wouldn’t fit me.However I felt great wearing those shorts over the tights as it made me look like a girl wearing hot pants.My ultimate fantasy then was to be a girl in hot pants and knee length white boots.If I was younger I would do it these fayd  but not approoriate for me at my age.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 508

I have to take part here, again………….never to be left out

1. There are dressy shorts-or better–short-shorts——–and hose is a must, black velvet ladies shorts worn with a jacket or bolero, with a sheer cami or low cut blouse ( where you can give some peek-away with your bra with dressy heels or wedges make a wonderful look…………. barely black is my favorite with black velvet stretchy short shorts………..with absolutely perfect no bulge look………hi-waisted even better !!

and

2. Gym shorts like Hooter’s girls, or denim cut-offs, are a no-no with hose or tights….looks cheep and tacky………..

For the Dress up look, YES———for the everyday, gonna walk around look—NO WAY !!!

Mikki

Michelle Wilmington
      Participant
      Registered On: April 17, 2017
      Replies: 85

Hmmm…. It kinda falls in with the socks and sandals category, it may be comfortable, but not everyone likes how it looks. If it’s a younger girl look, and you’re older, proberly not a good idea – it may attract unwanted attention.

stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 96
      Replies: 888

Superman does! My alter ego had a friend who used to wear rugby shorts over his Ron Hiltons ( I think that’s what they were called – they were nylon sports leggings that climbers wore in the ’80’s – blue with a red stripe down the side and instep loops).   He got lots of amused attention.  And his friends pi**ed themselves laughing at him.

I guess fashions change – but I will never forget the Superman impersonation. I have been haunted by that image for years.    Not a good look.  Not for me. No matter how fashionable, not ever.

Stephanie P.

Christinajane
      Participant
      Registered On: October 9, 2018
      Replies: 20

Very sexy but you gotta be young and have a great figure – bout 20 years ago for me

Anonymous
        Inactive
        Registered On:
        Replies: 543

I’m sure you could still get away with it.

Anonymous
        Inactive
        Registered On:
        Replies: 543

Agreed think it’s a young thing and there’s probably a need for great legs. But if you like it do it.

Patty Phose
      Participant
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Replies: 1402

It’s an awesome and sexy look. Before I went fully fem I began wearing shorts with tan pantyhose. Then I went to short girls shorts for a more leggy look. The final phase was adding platform wedges.

I thought this was one of the best ways to show off legs. My role model and inspiration for this was Daisy Duke. I loved the look then and I love it now.

Fiona-Ann Moss
      Participant
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 366
      Replies: 1201

So! up to now, very mixed views. Here in the u.k. it seems mainly a young girls fashion trend, very popular in the summer months. Obviously, because of my younger Femme age, i like to keep up with the trends but also i do actually like the fashion as it is relatively simplistic. I mean, what could be easier than wearing a pair of low denier tights under a pair of denim shorts?

My wife, as i said, loathes the fashion, but she has a much older way of dressing, we both are literally like chalk and cheese in that respect.

Keep the votes coming, this is so interesting! thankyou for your votes so far 🙂

Fiona xxx

Sa•man•tha
        Founder
        Registered On: January 21, 2018
        Topics: 304
        Replies: 1442

Mmmm, a chalk and cheese sandwich…been hankering for one of those lately Fiona!  Perhaps with a pint of marmalade to wash it down? 😉😙

Sa•man•tha
      Founder
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 304
      Replies: 1442

Hello Fiona and all,

I’m of the impression that what the Brits call tights, we in the states would call hose…please correct me if I’m wrong…?

I have these two GG friends, one (19) who knows about Sammy and another (42) who doesn’t…yet.  One evening I encountered the one, (19) at the filling station wearing a pair of short denim shorts over a pair of sheer black hose.  The other (42) I regularly see wearing denim cut-offs over fishnet stockings.  Different?  Sure, but it’s their style and they both rock it.  Not something I would do personally but more power to ya if you do 😁

Women’s fashions I thought were strange the first time I saw them:

• Shorts over hose
      • Shorts with hooded sweatshirt & cowboy boots — thought this one was dumb as hell first time I saw it
      • Buzz cut on front quarter of one side of the head…wha??
      • Hair dyed fluorescent colors
      • Gaucho pants — remember those??

The weirder women get the easier they make it for us gals and sincerely, I hope they keep it up 😊

Dame Veronica Graunwolf
      Registered On: May 8, 2017
      Topics: 55
      Replies: 2061

Yes, I don’t see the point of it. Who can understand this fashion move or wearing bra on outside???  I guess it is up to us males to show the females how to dress.

Do any of you girls wear your bra on the outside of your clothes??? I like to sunbath in panties and bra as opposed to bikini! Why……I don’t really know….dropped on head as baby guess.

Dame Veronica

Davina Evans
      Participant
      Registered On: March 23, 2019
      Replies: 91

Each to their own. I would not, but a sixteen year old girl might find it very trendy.
      Davina.

Krista
      Participant
      Registered On: January 24, 2017
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 235

When I was running marathons, I’d wear tights on those practice runs when the temperature was starting to drop (I live in northern Canada).  My wife didn’t like the look of the tights on their own so she insisted I wear shorts over the tights.  Wasn’t a big deal.  Now I imagine there are some tights that would look terrible with some types of shorts but that’s something for the fashion police to determine.  Don’t have too many fashion police in my neck of the woods and the moose and bear you meet on the trail really don’t care.  Hugs, Krista.

Dame Veronica Graunwolf
        Registered On: May 8, 2017
        Topics: 55
        Replies: 2061

Hi Krista………where in Northern Canada are you?  I am in Elliot Lake….Ontario. Are animals just not the Greatest?? They don’t care what you look like….they just take you as you are. Who the heck coined the phrase Dumb animals??? They are way ahead of us.

Dame Veronica

Paula1
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2015
      Replies: 504

I think it looks ok and if at the gym or on my bike in the winter its a good way to were active wear in stealth mode

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:

It is not the most stupid thing I have heard of. But it may be a style faux pas. And one that very few cis females would commit.

On one side, shorts are usually worn because of an sporting activity or just because the weather is warm. Wearing under either condition would be kind of defeating the purpose of wearing shorts in the first place.

Having said that, style is relative. And you also have real life style and “I wear this because I like it and I’m staying home so who cares”. So, unless you are going out and plan of attending an event where the paparazzi are going to be all over, shouldn’t be a big deal.

Gaby 💜

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 21

I do it all the time, especially when I’m in working out. And I have been know to do it on cooler days when I just have to wear some really, obnoxiously short and tight cut off Jean shorts.

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.