- Yes it is the most stupid thing i have ever heard
- No, i see no problem at all with it
- I neither agree nor disagree
- Other ( please comment below )
- May 12, 2019 at 11:49 am #176780
fiona mossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 306Replies: 1094Has thanked: 2626 timesBeen thanked: 1913 times
Hi Girls, i thought we would have a fun poll this week and its something i am guilty of, yes! thats right! i do wear my shorts over my tights. It is a young girls fashion but it drives my wife insane because she says its a ridiculous thing to do!!!
so? do you agree with her or not? lets see…… i guess no!!
- June 8, 2019 at 1:52 pm #183928Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 146Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 186 times
It’s a question of context. Unless you’re in a Superhero outfit, wearing your underwear outside your tights seems foolish. But if you’re a CD, we all have something to hide “down there”, and every little bit helps.
- June 6, 2019 at 9:55 pm #183511Ruby FridayParticipantRegistered On: May 20, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 12Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
I like to wear LuLaRoe leggings but I’m a firm believer that leggings are not pants (though that is flexing recently… Lol). Anyway, I want to cover my crotch but I ALSO want to be able to wear my shorty shorts. As a plus size woman (GG, 33 years old) I have quite a bit of chub rub so the shorts alone don’t work so I like to wear them over my bright and fun leggings.
That being said, I do get comments about it from other women. They say things like “your style is so cute” or “I love your fun prints” which of course probably means they think I look a little odd. But I do not care. 🙂
- June 4, 2019 at 3:07 am #182648AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 204 times
I am sure that at least one of you have pointed out Superman. You going to tell him off? 🙂 I must admit that i am terrible confused here. Modelling, shorts over bare legs, nylons or various & sundry leggings is “part of the day!” when doing shoots, QUITE OFTEN mind you! Yet so very many are against this? Hmm… I am ‘befuddled’. One of my “hottest” (and most requested outfits is for dance). I’m in all black, long black hair fall, hair volumized, “ITTY BITTY” shiny leather shorts, metallic black leggings (that still allow flesh colours to bleed through as you ‘stretch’ the right ways), OTK boots …that’s far enough to get my drift. It’s one of the most watched Vids in the ‘trans’ world and was performed in 1991 (Sept). (So, because this site is for CD’ers, I’d sooner think most haven’t viewed it …since it’s of no interest why would you right)? hahaha……
I’m going to try to figure out WHY so many are vehemently against what I’ve been ‘learned’ is AOK (but 100’s of thousands of models (and honestly we ARE ‘fashion conscious’ but there’s NO accounting for taste I suppose). Guess I’ll just NOT wear the shorts and let the ladies “p*ss & moan” that I’m not DRESSED ….because it is EASY TO SEE that I can’t win with nor without, so why bother trying to appease “the others” (you will slowly lose your sanity on THAT danged path).
*My neighbors feel that MY SMARTEST MOVE IN LIFE (they are Christians, and FULLY know I am Goth & “trans”) …they have expressed to me that GOD damned me before birth, (umm, yeah, RIGHT!), and my only chance at HEAVEN is to have my breasts removed (because they are “demonic or cancerous” and will lead others to ‘damnation’ also! –>and admit myself to a VA Domiciliary for daily “mental activities designed to make “trannies” normal. They actually make you WELCOME death.
Want to come home and have THAT BS across the road from you? (Well, 3 miles closer to town is ‘across the road’ out here)! hahaha…. THAT is ‘the level of Heat’ when you are in my shoes. Out & About is ‘eventless’ 99.9% of the time. I easily and always pass for ‘femme’ because I AM femme (as far as I am concerned …especially now). Femininity INCREASES with a person’s age (I’m talking males). For women? It actually decreases as their hormonal levels plummet and never recover. Don’t take my word for it though. MAYO CLINIC has several such studies, each and all of them reflecting what I just stated.
- June 8, 2019 at 3:28 pm #183950Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 146Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 186 times
I never thought about performers (and yes, I did mention superheros in general) in my post.
And I want to apologize on behalf of your “Christian” neighbors for the flak they give you. I’m firmly in that camp, myself, and we are not all like that. The few predators who CD give us all a bad rap.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 4, 2019 at 5:38 am #182678Gabriela RomaniAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 78Replies: 511Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 938 times
Hi Aimee. (Love the name by the way)
I don’t think that people here is vehemently against the look. Some of us just don’t think it is something that we would wear when going out mainstream. Also, there is a difference which somebody has already pointed out to wearing dressy shorts and hosiery than cut-off jeans shorts with say, fishnets.
And more importantly, everybody has their own style. The fact that some are for it and some are not is purely for conversation.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- June 6, 2019 at 4:44 pm #183436AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 204 times
After retirement from the military I JUMPED on the opportunity to change my name (and you may as long as it’s not for illegal purposes), thus “Aimee” was born. *Amy is my CTS-V Caddy btw. hahah… “Amy, What You Gonna Do?” I Think, I Could Stay With You – For A While Maybe Longer If I Do.” YEAH!
For the record, in several shoots (and just running around), I LOVED wearing my leather shorts (black/shiny and tight), with fishnets and pumps or OTK’s …”cheap?” Nope. Sexy. Period. If it isn’t, why in the world am I always inundated with “proposals” for “things?” 🙂 (By both men & women no less). So …it’s not as ‘taboo’ as many may think? I dunno. To each their own.
There’s a place for about everything ….and I tend to “walk on the wild side” more often than not. Forgive me?
- June 6, 2019 at 7:24 pm #183475Gabriela RomaniAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 78Replies: 511Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 938 times
Nothing to forgive, but you know that. If you like it and you get inundated with proposals, good for you. Different people has different styles and different taste. Not a big deal.
- May 18, 2019 at 9:26 pm #178616Claudia CAmbassadorRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 42Replies: 108Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 85 times
- May 18, 2019 at 1:57 pm #178504
- May 18, 2019 at 7:21 am #178337Elise MichelleParticipantRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 219Has thanked: 178 timesBeen thanked: 437 times
I’m not a big fan of the look and, as Tiffany said, it’s not very practical here in South Florida because of the heat and humidity. Plus, if I’m going to take the time and effort to shave my legs, I want them to be seen. They are definitely my most feminine part.
It also seems to be an outdated style here in the States. I saw a lot of it back in the 80’s, but not so much lately. The only time I really see that look is when I visit my daughters up north and see runners wearing tights under shorts because it’s cold outside.
But, just because I don’t like the look, doesn’t mean you can’t like it. To each her own.
- May 18, 2019 at 6:10 am #178317
- May 17, 2019 at 6:22 am #177934Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 336Has thanked: 434 timesBeen thanked: 389 times
I might be in the minority but from a style that one would wear in public, I cringe at the thought of wearing shorts over tights. I dislike the look. It’s just a fashion faux pas. If you’re doing it for some sort of sporting activity, I guess I could see that. But to go in that “style” to go shopping, to the coffee shop, to whatever….ugh!!!
- May 16, 2019 at 9:17 am #177751Tanya DaleParticipantRegistered On: February 10, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 127Has thanked: 379 timesBeen thanked: 184 times
I don’t see a problem with it if you look good and feel good. I’m from the UK and hot pants worn over american tan tights were all the rage in the ’70s. Nowadays its more denim shorts and black opaque tights in the UK and it is a younger girl thing. I loved wearing shorts and tights when I was younger.
- June 3, 2019 at 6:13 pm #182610
- May 16, 2019 at 8:01 am #177739
- May 14, 2019 at 7:19 am #177286Isabelle O’MalleyParticipantRegistered On: May 13, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
To be honest I’ve thought about trying out the whole ‘tights/leggings with (tight bootie) shorts’ at the gym a couple of times but haven’t had the guts to follow through. Perhaps soon 😊
- May 13, 2019 at 10:01 am #177048Roberta ThomasParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2018Topics: 53Replies: 423Has thanked: 825 timesBeen thanked: 639 times
A very interesting thread here Fiona.I just voted firmly against.But all of a sudden I recall when I first dressed en femme privately at the age of twelve I wore my football shorts over my tights.Mostly because I didn’t have the courage to seek out my mum’s skirts and try them on thinking they wouldn’t fit me.However I felt great wearing those shorts over the tights as it made me look like a girl wearing hot pants.My ultimate fantasy then was to be a girl in hot pants and knee length white boots.If I was younger I would do it these fayd but not approoriate for me at my age.
- May 13, 2019 at 9:29 am #177033AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 20Replies: 520Has thanked: 582 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
I have to take part here, again………….never to be left out
1. There are dressy shorts-or better–short-shorts——–and hose is a must, black velvet ladies shorts worn with a jacket or bolero, with a sheer cami or low cut blouse ( where you can give some peek-away with your bra with dressy heels or wedges make a wonderful look…………. barely black is my favorite with black velvet stretchy short shorts………..with absolutely perfect no bulge look………hi-waisted even better !!
2. Gym shorts like Hooter’s girls, or denim cut-offs, are a no-no with hose or tights….looks cheep and tacky………..
For the Dress up look, YES———for the everyday, gonna walk around look—NO WAY !!!
- May 13, 2019 at 6:14 am #176955Michelle WilmingtonParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 73Has thanked: 169 timesBeen thanked: 170 times
Hmmm…. It kinda falls in with the socks and sandals category, it may be comfortable, but not everyone likes how it looks. If it’s a younger girl look, and you’re older, proberly not a good idea – it may attract unwanted attention.
- May 13, 2019 at 6:00 am #176945stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 67Replies: 575Has thanked: 618 timesBeen thanked: 1143 times
Superman does! My alter ego had a friend who used to wear rugby shorts over his Ron Hiltons ( I think that’s what they were called – they were nylon sports leggings that climbers wore in the ’80’s – blue with a red stripe down the side and instep loops). He got lots of amused attention. And his friends pi**ed themselves laughing at him.
I guess fashions change – but I will never forget the Superman impersonation. I have been haunted by that image for years. Not a good look. Not for me. No matter how fashionable, not ever.
- May 13, 2019 at 5:41 am #176939ChristinajaneParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 12Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 13 times
Very sexy but you gotta be young and have a great figure – bout 20 years ago for me
- May 19, 2019 at 3:30 pm #178938Donna JamesParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 432Has thanked: 688 timesBeen thanked: 416 times
I’m sure you could still get away with it.
- May 14, 2019 at 10:47 am #177318Donna JamesParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 432Has thanked: 688 timesBeen thanked: 416 times
Agreed think it’s a young thing and there’s probably a need for great legs. But if you like it do it.
- May 13, 2019 at 3:23 am #176915Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 536Has thanked: 192 timesBeen thanked: 508 times
It’s an awesome and sexy look. Before I went fully fem I began wearing shorts with tan pantyhose. Then I went to short girls shorts for a more leggy look. The final phase was adding platform wedges.
I thought this was one of the best ways to show off legs. My role model and inspiration for this was Daisy Duke. I loved the look then and I love it now.
- May 13, 2019 at 3:04 am #176913fiona mossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 306Replies: 1094Has thanked: 2626 timesBeen thanked: 1913 times
So! up to now, very mixed views. Here in the u.k. it seems mainly a young girls fashion trend, very popular in the summer months. Obviously, because of my younger Femme age, i like to keep up with the trends but also i do actually like the fashion as it is relatively simplistic. I mean, what could be easier than wearing a pair of low denier tights under a pair of denim shorts?
My wife, as i said, loathes the fashion, but she has a much older way of dressing, we both are literally like chalk and cheese in that respect.
Keep the votes coming, this is so interesting! thankyou for your votes so far 🙂
- May 13, 2019 at 2:46 am #176904Sa·man·thaParticipantRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 54Replies: 550Has thanked: 1483 timesBeen thanked: 1015 times
Hello Fiona and all,
I’m of the impression that what the Brits call tights, we in the states would call hose…please correct me if I’m wrong…?
I have these two GG friends, one (19) who knows about Sammy and another (42) who doesn’t…yet. One evening I encountered the one, (19) at the filling station wearing a pair of short denim shorts over a pair of sheer black hose. The other (42) I regularly see wearing denim cut-offs over fishnet stockings. Different? Sure, but it’s their style and they both rock it. Not something I would do personally but more power to ya if you do 😁
Women’s fashions I thought were strange the first time I saw them:
- Shorts over hose
- Shorts with hooded sweatshirt & cowboy boots — thought this one was dumb as hell first time I saw it
- Buzz cut on front quarter of one side of the head…wha??
- Hair dyed fluorescent colors
- Gaucho pants — remember those??
The weirder women get the easier they make it for us gals and sincerely, I hope they keep it up 😊
- May 13, 2019 at 1:22 am #176891Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1968Has thanked: 1662 timesBeen thanked: 1637 times
Yes, I don’t see the point of it. Who can understand this fashion move or wearing bra on outside??? I guess it is up to us males to show the females how to dress.
Do any of you girls wear your bra on the outside of your clothes??? I like to sunbath in panties and bra as opposed to bikini! Why……I don’t really know….dropped on head as baby guess.
- May 12, 2019 at 10:12 pm #176883
- May 12, 2019 at 10:07 pm #176882KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 86Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 164 times
When I was running marathons, I’d wear tights on those practice runs when the temperature was starting to drop (I live in northern Canada). My wife didn’t like the look of the tights on their own so she insisted I wear shorts over the tights. Wasn’t a big deal. Now I imagine there are some tights that would look terrible with some types of shorts but that’s something for the fashion police to determine. Don’t have too many fashion police in my neck of the woods and the moose and bear you meet on the trail really don’t care. Hugs, Krista.
- May 13, 2019 at 10:11 am #177055Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1968Has thanked: 1662 timesBeen thanked: 1637 times
Hi Krista………where in Northern Canada are you? I am in Elliot Lake….Ontario. Are animals just not the Greatest?? They don’t care what you look like….they just take you as you are. Who the heck coined the phrase Dumb animals??? They are way ahead of us.
- May 12, 2019 at 7:13 pm #176852
- May 12, 2019 at 6:49 pm #176845AmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 78Replies: 511Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 938 times
It is not the most stupid thing I have heard of. But it may be a style faux pas. And one that very few cis females would commit.
On one side, shorts are usually worn because of an sporting activity or just because the weather is warm. Wearing under either condition would be kind of defeating the purpose of wearing shorts in the first place.
Having said that, style is relative. And you also have real life style and “I wear this because I like it and I’m staying home so who cares”. So, unless you are going out and plan of attending an event where the paparazzi are going to be all over, shouldn’t be a big deal.
- May 12, 2019 at 3:01 pm #176818AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 37 times
I do it all the time, especially when I’m in working out. And I have been know to do it on cooler days when I just have to wear some really, obnoxiously short and tight cut off Jean shorts.
- May 12, 2019 at 2:25 pm #176811Tiffany AlexisAmbassadorRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 585Has thanked: 867 timesBeen thanked: 959 times
Probably won’t get to do that too much in Louisiana, because of the 1000% humidity at all times…optional clothing gets sacrificed from May thru October. That being said I wore em over tights a time or two in the winter, because I wanted to.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.