- Yes it is the most stupid thing i have ever heard
- No, i see no problem at all with it
- I neither agree nor disagree
- Other ( please comment below )
- May 12, 2019 at 11:49 am #176780
fiona mossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 266Replies: 977Has thanked: 1981 timesBeen thanked: 1425 times
Hi Girls, i thought we would have a fun poll this week and its something i am guilty of, yes! thats right! i do wear my shorts over my tights. It is a young girls fashion but it drives my wife insane because she says its a ridiculous thing to do!!!
so? do you agree with her or not? lets see…… i guess no!!
- May 18, 2019 at 9:26 pm #178616Claudia CAmbassadorRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 42Replies: 108Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 83 times
- May 18, 2019 at 1:57 pm #178504
- May 18, 2019 at 7:21 am #178337Elise MichelleParticipantRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 134Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 197 times
I’m not a big fan of the look and, as Tiffany said, it’s not very practical here in South Florida because of the heat and humidity. Plus, if I’m going to take the time and effort to shave my legs, I want them to be seen. They are definitely my most feminine part.
It also seems to be an outdated style here in the States. I saw a lot of it back in the 80’s, but not so much lately. The only time I really see that look is when I visit my daughters up north and see runners wearing tights under shorts because it’s cold outside.
But, just because I don’t like the look, doesn’t mean you can’t like it. To each her own.
- May 18, 2019 at 6:10 am #178317
- May 17, 2019 at 6:22 am #177934Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 325Has thanked: 410 timesBeen thanked: 362 times
I might be in the minority but from a style that one would wear in public, I cringe at the thought of wearing shorts over tights. I dislike the look. It’s just a fashion faux pas. If you’re doing it for some sort of sporting activity, I guess I could see that. But to go in that “style” to go shopping, to the coffee shop, to whatever….ugh!!!
- May 16, 2019 at 9:17 am #177751Tanya DaleParticipantRegistered On: February 10, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 117Has thanked: 354 timesBeen thanked: 160 times
I don’t see a problem with it if you look good and feel good. I’m from the UK and hot pants worn over american tan tights were all the rage in the ’70s. Nowadays its more denim shorts and black opaque tights in the UK and it is a younger girl thing. I loved wearing shorts and tights when I was younger.
- May 16, 2019 at 8:01 am #177739
- May 14, 2019 at 7:19 am #177286Isabelle O’MalleyParticipantRegistered On: May 13, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
To be honest I’ve thought about trying out the whole ‘tights/leggings with (tight bootie) shorts’ at the gym a couple of times but haven’t had the guts to follow through. Perhaps soon 😊
- May 13, 2019 at 10:01 am #177048Roberta ThomasParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2018Topics: 30Replies: 229Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
A very interesting thread here Fiona.I just voted firmly against.But all of a sudden I recall when I first dressed en femme privately at the age of twelve I wore my football shorts over my tights.Mostly because I didn’t have the courage to seek out my mum’s skirts and try them on thinking they wouldn’t fit me.However I felt great wearing those shorts over the tights as it made me look like a girl wearing hot pants.My ultimate fantasy then was to be a girl in hot pants and knee length white boots.If I was younger I would do it these fayd but not approoriate for me at my age.
- May 13, 2019 at 9:29 am #177033AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 20Replies: 523Has thanked: 582 timesBeen thanked: 653 times
I have to take part here, again………….never to be left out
1. There are dressy shorts-or better–short-shorts——–and hose is a must, black velvet ladies shorts worn with a jacket or bolero, with a sheer cami or low cut blouse ( where you can give some peek-away with your bra with dressy heels or wedges make a wonderful look…………. barely black is my favorite with black velvet stretchy short shorts………..with absolutely perfect no bulge look………hi-waisted even better !!
2. Gym shorts like Hooter’s girls, or denim cut-offs, are a no-no with hose or tights….looks cheep and tacky………..
For the Dress up look, YES———for the everyday, gonna walk around look—NO WAY !!!
- May 13, 2019 at 6:14 am #176955Michelle WilmingtonParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 20Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
Hmmm…. It kinda falls in with the socks and sandals category, it may be comfortable, but not everyone likes how it looks. If it’s a younger girl look, and you’re older, proberly not a good idea – it may attract unwanted attention.
- May 13, 2019 at 6:00 am #176945stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 52Replies: 375Has thanked: 359 timesBeen thanked: 651 times
Superman does! My alter ego had a friend who used to wear rugby shorts over his Ron Hiltons ( I think that’s what they were called – they were nylon sports leggings that climbers wore in the ’80’s – blue with a red stripe down the side and instep loops). He got lots of amused attention. And his friends pi**ed themselves laughing at him.
I guess fashions change – but I will never forget the Superman impersonation. I have been haunted by that image for years. Not a good look. Not for me. No matter how fashionable, not ever.
- May 13, 2019 at 5:41 am #176939ChristinajaneParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 11Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
Very sexy but you gotta be young and have a great figure – bout 20 years ago for me
- May 19, 2019 at 3:30 pm #178938Donna JamesParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 269Has thanked: 446 timesBeen thanked: 223 times
I’m sure you could still get away with it.
- May 14, 2019 at 10:47 am #177318Donna JamesParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 269Has thanked: 446 timesBeen thanked: 223 times
Agreed think it’s a young thing and there’s probably a need for great legs. But if you like it do it.
- May 13, 2019 at 3:23 am #176915Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 421Has thanked: 129 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
It’s an awesome and sexy look. Before I went fully fem I began wearing shorts with tan pantyhose. Then I went to short girls shorts for a more leggy look. The final phase was adding platform wedges.
I thought this was one of the best ways to show off legs. My role model and inspiration for this was Daisy Duke. I loved the look then and I love it now.
- May 13, 2019 at 3:04 am #176913fiona mossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 266Replies: 977Has thanked: 1981 timesBeen thanked: 1425 times
So! up to now, very mixed views. Here in the u.k. it seems mainly a young girls fashion trend, very popular in the summer months. Obviously, because of my younger Femme age, i like to keep up with the trends but also i do actually like the fashion as it is relatively simplistic. I mean, what could be easier than wearing a pair of low denier tights under a pair of denim shorts?
My wife, as i said, loathes the fashion, but she has a much older way of dressing, we both are literally like chalk and cheese in that respect.
Keep the votes coming, this is so interesting! thankyou for your votes so far 🙂
- May 13, 2019 at 2:46 am #176904Sa·man·thaParticipantRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 430Has thanked: 1084 timesBeen thanked: 702 times
Hello Fiona and all,
I’m of the impression that what the Brits call tights, we in the states would call hose…please correct me if I’m wrong…?
I have these two GG friends, one (19) who knows about Sammy and another (42) who doesn’t…yet. One evening I encountered the one, (19) at the filling station wearing a pair of short denim shorts over a pair of sheer black hose. The other (42) I regularly see wearing denim cut-offs over fishnet stockings. Different? Sure, but it’s their style and they both rock it. Not something I would do personally but more power to ya if you do 😁
Women’s fashions I thought were strange the first time I saw them:
- Shorts over hose
- Shorts with hooded sweatshirt & cowboy boots — thought this one was dumb as hell first time I saw it
- Buzz cut on front quarter of one side of the head…wha??
- Hair dyed fluorescent colors
- Gaucho pants — remember those??
The weirder women get the easier they make it for us gals and sincerely, I hope they keep it up 😊
- May 13, 2019 at 1:22 am #176891Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 47Replies: 1846Has thanked: 1538 timesBeen thanked: 1446 times
Yes, I don’t see the point of it. Who can understand this fashion move or wearing bra on outside??? I guess it is up to us males to show the females how to dress.
Do any of you girls wear your bra on the outside of your clothes??? I like to sunbath in panties and bra as opposed to bikini! Why……I don’t really know….dropped on head as baby guess.
- May 12, 2019 at 10:12 pm #176883
- May 12, 2019 at 10:07 pm #176882KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 47Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 62 times
When I was running marathons, I’d wear tights on those practice runs when the temperature was starting to drop (I live in northern Canada). My wife didn’t like the look of the tights on their own so she insisted I wear shorts over the tights. Wasn’t a big deal. Now I imagine there are some tights that would look terrible with some types of shorts but that’s something for the fashion police to determine. Don’t have too many fashion police in my neck of the woods and the moose and bear you meet on the trail really don’t care. Hugs, Krista.
- May 13, 2019 at 10:11 am #177055Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 47Replies: 1846Has thanked: 1538 timesBeen thanked: 1446 times
Hi Krista………where in Northern Canada are you? I am in Elliot Lake….Ontario. Are animals just not the Greatest?? They don’t care what you look like….they just take you as you are. Who the heck coined the phrase Dumb animals??? They are way ahead of us.
- May 12, 2019 at 7:13 pm #176852
- May 12, 2019 at 6:49 pm #176845GabrielaAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 52Replies: 437Has thanked: 276 timesBeen thanked: 756 times
It is not the most stupid thing I have heard of. But it may be a style faux pas. And one that very few cis females would commit.
On one side, shorts are usually worn because of an sporting activity or just because the weather is warm. Wearing under either condition would be kind of defeating the purpose of wearing shorts in the first place.
Having said that, style is relative. And you also have real life style and “I wear this because I like it and I’m staying home so who cares”. So, unless you are going out and plan of attending an event where the paparazzi are going to be all over, shouldn’t be a big deal.
- May 12, 2019 at 3:01 pm #176818AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
I do it all the time, especially when I’m in working out. And I have been know to do it on cooler days when I just have to wear some really, obnoxiously short and tight cut off Jean shorts.
- May 12, 2019 at 2:25 pm #176811Tiffany AlexisParticipantRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 312Has thanked: 497 timesBeen thanked: 435 times
Probably won’t get to do that too much in Louisiana, because of the 1000% humidity at all times…optional clothing gets sacrificed from May thru October. That being said I wore em over tights a time or two in the winter, because I wanted to.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.