- Yes it is the most stupid thing i have ever heard
- No, i see no problem at all with it
- I neither agree nor disagree
- Other ( please comment below )
- May 12, 2019 at 11:49 am #176780Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1201Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3412 times
Hi Girls, i thought we would have a fun poll this week and its something i am guilty of, yes! thats right! i do wear my shorts over my tights. It is a young girls fashion but it drives my wife insane because she says its a ridiculous thing to do!!!
so? do you agree with her or not? lets see…… i guess no!!
- November 11, 2020 at 9:10 am #405408Casey Amber TwitchingsParticipantRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 341Has thanked: 310 timesBeen thanked: 1232 times
Nah, it’s not crazy at all. Wear what you want. Now cargo pants, those are crazy. Maybe it’s just me but when I want to wear pants I want to look nice, not like I’m planning on hitting the outback for a week.
- November 9, 2020 at 12:35 pm #404670
- November 8, 2020 at 9:44 pm #404500
- November 8, 2020 at 11:51 am #404255DeeAnn HopingsParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 671Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1650 times
I worn purple tights under a short black skort last night as a matter of fact, so it doesn’t bother me…
- November 4, 2020 at 6:28 am #402758Kristen MooreParticipantRegistered On: August 2, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 30Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 77 times
It’s pretty common. On most days, if you go out somewhere, you’ll see at least one genetic female wearing leggings under shorts. And the whole point (to me anyway) is to emulate genetic women.
- October 24, 2020 at 7:51 pm #398262Robyn DevineParticipantRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 278Has thanked: 686 timesBeen thanked: 1065 times
To me it depends on what your doing and the look your going for. As Im putting together a rocker chick outfit, I have a pair of black cut off jean shorts that I put over black or nude tights with fishnets over those and knee high boots. I guess for me, its more situation dependent?
- October 21, 2020 at 8:51 am #397060karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 393Has thanked: 1676 timesBeen thanked: 1019 times
I love to show my legs………….but when the weather is cooler, then shorts over tights keeps them warm and I still feel sexy and slutty. Pants are so yucky.
- October 21, 2020 at 8:26 am #397050
- October 21, 2020 at 7:42 am #397043Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 359Has thanked: 1436 timesBeen thanked: 1223 times
I wear shorts over tights when biking myself and seems acceptable at the gym as well. True it is more of a young girl fashion but really dont care what people think at times
- October 20, 2020 at 2:25 pm #396816
- October 13, 2020 at 5:34 pm #394281Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 2037Has thanked: 695 timesBeen thanked: 3720 times
- October 13, 2020 at 7:07 am #393957
- October 13, 2020 at 3:43 am #393887Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 154Has thanked: 914 timesBeen thanked: 797 times
- October 12, 2020 at 10:38 pm #393855Christina RobertsParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 74Has thanked: 235 timesBeen thanked: 295 times
for me certainly not. I love when getting the opportunity to wear black tights under short womens denim shorts walking around the house with ballet style pumps and a lace or silk top….feel so comfortable and easy in them
- October 2, 2020 at 10:14 pm #389780Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 650Has thanked: 1188 timesBeen thanked: 2308 times
It seems to be just a throwback to the 80’s when people wore gym shorts over sweat pants. Just part of the fashion carousel.
- September 20, 2020 at 2:39 pm #385713
- August 10, 2020 at 3:34 pm #372808Anne-MarieParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 382Has thanked: 315 timesBeen thanked: 1010 times
I really cant see a problem wearing tights underneath short but with a caveate, if the tights are sheer then ones legs must be close shaven.
I do this regularly and love the effect with a pair of very glossy natural tights. Normally it actually quite hard to notice that I’m wearing the tights unless the light strikes them an a certain way where the ultra gloss show. I think this then looks super sexy.
Take care girls.
- August 10, 2020 at 1:07 am #372572AshleyParticipantRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 174Has thanked: 477 timesBeen thanked: 564 times
- August 10, 2020 at 1:01 am #372570Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 227Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 760 times
I can’t believe that you girls have forgotten ‘hotpants’ already, we all wore them over tights with platform shoes.
If I could still buy them I doubt that they would still fit, I might have to cut the legs off a pair of painters overalls.
- August 10, 2020 at 12:08 am #372559Carly KeeneParticipantRegistered On: February 10, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 166 times
Personally I don’t like wearing tights or pantyhose if I don’t have to I’m a bare leg girl so if I’m wearing shorts I would go bare legs
- June 8, 2019 at 1:52 pm #183928Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1494Has thanked: 2515 timesBeen thanked: 4609 times
It’s a question of context. Unless you’re in a Superhero outfit, wearing your underwear outside your tights seems foolish. But if you’re a CD, we all have something to hide “down there”, and every little bit helps.
- June 6, 2019 at 9:55 pm #183511Ruby FridayParticipantRegistered On: May 20, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 16Has thanked: 18 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
I like to wear LuLaRoe leggings but I’m a firm believer that leggings are not pants (though that is flexing recently… Lol). Anyway, I want to cover my crotch but I ALSO want to be able to wear my shorty shorts. As a plus size woman (GG, 33 years old) I have quite a bit of chub rub so the shorts alone don’t work so I like to wear them over my bright and fun leggings.
That being said, I do get comments about it from other women. They say things like “your style is so cute” or “I love your fun prints” which of course probably means they think I look a little odd. But I do not care. 🙂
- June 4, 2019 at 3:07 am #182648AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 163Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 304 times
I am sure that at least one of you have pointed out Superman. You going to tell him off? 🙂 I must admit that i am terrible confused here. Modelling, shorts over bare legs, nylons or various & sundry leggings is “part of the day!” when doing shoots, QUITE OFTEN mind you! Yet so very many are against this? Hmm… I am ‘befuddled’. One of my “hottest” (and most requested outfits is for dance). I’m in all black, long black hair fall, hair volumized, “ITTY BITTY” shiny leather shorts, metallic black leggings (that still allow flesh colours to bleed through as you ‘stretch’ the right ways), OTK boots …that’s far enough to get my drift. It’s one of the most watched Vids in the ‘trans’ world and was performed in 1991 (Sept). (So, because this site is for CD’ers, I’d sooner think most haven’t viewed it …since it’s of no interest why would you right)? hahaha……
I’m going to try to figure out WHY so many are vehemently against what I’ve been ‘learned’ is AOK (but 100’s of thousands of models (and honestly we ARE ‘fashion conscious’ but there’s NO accounting for taste I suppose). Guess I’ll just NOT wear the shorts and let the ladies “p*ss & moan” that I’m not DRESSED ….because it is EASY TO SEE that I can’t win with nor without, so why bother trying to appease “the others” (you will slowly lose your sanity on THAT danged path).
*My neighbors feel that MY SMARTEST MOVE IN LIFE (they are Christians, and FULLY know I am Goth & “trans”) …they have expressed to me that GOD damned me before birth, (umm, yeah, RIGHT!), and my only chance at HEAVEN is to have my breasts removed (because they are “demonic or cancerous” and will lead others to ‘damnation’ also! –>and admit myself to a VA Domiciliary for daily “mental activities designed to make “trannies” normal. They actually make you WELCOME death.
Want to come home and have THAT BS across the road from you? (Well, 3 miles closer to town is ‘across the road’ out here)! hahaha…. THAT is ‘the level of Heat’ when you are in my shoes. Out & About is ‘eventless’ 99.9% of the time. I easily and always pass for ‘femme’ because I AM femme (as far as I am concerned …especially now). Femininity INCREASES with a person’s age (I’m talking males). For women? It actually decreases as their hormonal levels plummet and never recover. Don’t take my word for it though. MAYO CLINIC has several such studies, each and all of them reflecting what I just stated.
- June 8, 2019 at 3:28 pm #183950Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1494Has thanked: 2515 timesBeen thanked: 4609 times
I never thought about performers (and yes, I did mention superheros in general) in my post.
And I want to apologize on behalf of your “Christian” neighbors for the flak they give you. I’m firmly in that camp, myself, and we are not all like that. The few predators who CD give us all a bad rap.
- June 4, 2019 at 5:38 am #182678AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 147Replies: 662Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 1552 times
Hi Aimee. (Love the name by the way)
I don’t think that people here is vehemently against the look. Some of us just don’t think it is something that we would wear when going out mainstream. Also, there is a difference which somebody has already pointed out to wearing dressy shorts and hosiery than cut-off jeans shorts with say, fishnets.
And more importantly, everybody has their own style. The fact that some are for it and some are not is purely for conversation.
- June 6, 2019 at 4:44 pm #183436AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 163Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 304 times
After retirement from the military I JUMPED on the opportunity to change my name (and you may as long as it’s not for illegal purposes), thus “Aimee” was born. *Amy is my CTS-V Caddy btw. hahah… “Amy, What You Gonna Do?” I Think, I Could Stay With You – For A While Maybe Longer If I Do.” YEAH!
For the record, in several shoots (and just running around), I LOVED wearing my leather shorts (black/shiny and tight), with fishnets and pumps or OTK’s …”cheap?” Nope. Sexy. Period. If it isn’t, why in the world am I always inundated with “proposals” for “things?” 🙂 (By both men & women no less). So …it’s not as ‘taboo’ as many may think? I dunno. To each their own.
There’s a place for about everything ….and I tend to “walk on the wild side” more often than not. Forgive me?
- October 21, 2020 at 5:12 am #397008Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 154Has thanked: 914 timesBeen thanked: 797 times
amy is right. walk on the wild side or what i like to call push the envelope. these things ain’t for everyone, but some of us are more daring than others. they make these things to be sexy and attract attention. and it works. i get lots of complements when i dress. some people dont like the attention, but i do. my male side is much on the shy side. but when i dress my wild side comes out. its fun to dress sexy. there are a few things i dont wear and that is pointy shoes and clothes with flowers on them. not for me.
- June 6, 2019 at 7:24 pm #183475AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 147Replies: 662Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 1552 times
Nothing to forgive, but you know that. If you like it and you get inundated with proposals, good for you. Different people has different styles and different taste. Not a big deal.
- May 18, 2019 at 9:26 pm #178616Claudia CAmbassadorRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 43Replies: 112Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 148 times
- May 18, 2019 at 1:57 pm #178504
- May 18, 2019 at 7:21 am #178337Elise MichelleParticipantRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 17Replies: 213Has thanked: 178 timesBeen thanked: 559 times
I’m not a big fan of the look and, as Tiffany said, it’s not very practical here in South Florida because of the heat and humidity. Plus, if I’m going to take the time and effort to shave my legs, I want them to be seen. They are definitely my most feminine part.
It also seems to be an outdated style here in the States. I saw a lot of it back in the 80’s, but not so much lately. The only time I really see that look is when I visit my daughters up north and see runners wearing tights under shorts because it’s cold outside.
But, just because I don’t like the look, doesn’t mean you can’t like it. To each her own.
- May 18, 2019 at 6:10 am #178317
- May 17, 2019 at 6:22 am #177934Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 460Has thanked: 702 timesBeen thanked: 911 times
I might be in the minority but from a style that one would wear in public, I cringe at the thought of wearing shorts over tights. I dislike the look. It’s just a fashion faux pas. If you’re doing it for some sort of sporting activity, I guess I could see that. But to go in that “style” to go shopping, to the coffee shop, to whatever….ugh!!!
- May 16, 2019 at 9:17 am #177751AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 7Replies: 145Has thanked: 426 timesBeen thanked: 304 times
I don’t see a problem with it if you look good and feel good. I’m from the UK and hot pants worn over american tan tights were all the rage in the ’70s. Nowadays its more denim shorts and black opaque tights in the UK and it is a younger girl thing. I loved wearing shorts and tights when I was younger.
- May 16, 2019 at 8:01 am #177739
- May 14, 2019 at 7:19 am #177286Isabelle O’MalleyParticipantRegistered On: May 13, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 49Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 138 times
- May 13, 2019 at 10:01 am #177048Roberta ThomasParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2018Topics: 63Replies: 548Has thanked: 1284 timesBeen thanked: 1095 times
A very interesting thread here Fiona.I just voted firmly against.But all of a sudden I recall when I first dressed en femme privately at the age of twelve I wore my football shorts over my tights.Mostly because I didn’t have the courage to seek out my mum’s skirts and try them on thinking they wouldn’t fit me.However I felt great wearing those shorts over the tights as it made me look like a girl wearing hot pants.My ultimate fantasy then was to be a girl in hot pants and knee length white boots.If I was younger I would do it these fayd but not approoriate for me at my age.
- May 13, 2019 at 9:29 am #177033AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 20Replies: 508Has thanked: 582 timesBeen thanked: 834 times
I have to take part here, again………….never to be left out
1. There are dressy shorts-or better–short-shorts——–and hose is a must, black velvet ladies shorts worn with a jacket or bolero, with a sheer cami or low cut blouse ( where you can give some peek-away with your bra with dressy heels or wedges make a wonderful look…………. barely black is my favorite with black velvet stretchy short shorts………..with absolutely perfect no bulge look………hi-waisted even better !!
2. Gym shorts like Hooter’s girls, or denim cut-offs, are a no-no with hose or tights….looks cheep and tacky………..
For the Dress up look, YES———for the everyday, gonna walk around look—NO WAY !!!
- May 13, 2019 at 6:14 am #176955Michelle WilmingtonParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 85Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 357 times
Hmmm…. It kinda falls in with the socks and sandals category, it may be comfortable, but not everyone likes how it looks. If it’s a younger girl look, and you’re older, proberly not a good idea – it may attract unwanted attention.
- May 13, 2019 at 6:00 am #176945stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 96Replies: 888Has thanked: 1041 timesBeen thanked: 3328 times
Superman does! My alter ego had a friend who used to wear rugby shorts over his Ron Hiltons ( I think that’s what they were called – they were nylon sports leggings that climbers wore in the ’80’s – blue with a red stripe down the side and instep loops). He got lots of amused attention. And his friends pi**ed themselves laughing at him.
I guess fashions change – but I will never forget the Superman impersonation. I have been haunted by that image for years. Not a good look. Not for me. No matter how fashionable, not ever.
- May 13, 2019 at 5:41 am #176939ChristinajaneParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 20Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
- May 19, 2019 at 3:30 pm #178938AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 543Has thanked: 786 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
I’m sure you could still get away with it.
- May 14, 2019 at 10:47 am #177318AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 543Has thanked: 786 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
Agreed think it’s a young thing and there’s probably a need for great legs. But if you like it do it.
- May 13, 2019 at 3:23 am #176915Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1402Has thanked: 995 timesBeen thanked: 3356 times
It’s an awesome and sexy look. Before I went fully fem I began wearing shorts with tan pantyhose. Then I went to short girls shorts for a more leggy look. The final phase was adding platform wedges.
I thought this was one of the best ways to show off legs. My role model and inspiration for this was Daisy Duke. I loved the look then and I love it now.
- May 13, 2019 at 3:04 am #176913Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1201Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3412 times
So! up to now, very mixed views. Here in the u.k. it seems mainly a young girls fashion trend, very popular in the summer months. Obviously, because of my younger Femme age, i like to keep up with the trends but also i do actually like the fashion as it is relatively simplistic. I mean, what could be easier than wearing a pair of low denier tights under a pair of denim shorts?
My wife, as i said, loathes the fashion, but she has a much older way of dressing, we both are literally like chalk and cheese in that respect.
Keep the votes coming, this is so interesting! thankyou for your votes so far 🙂
- May 13, 2019 at 3:26 am #176917Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 304Replies: 1442Has thanked: 6279 timesBeen thanked: 5110 times
Mmmm, a chalk and cheese sandwich…been hankering for one of those lately Fiona! Perhaps with a pint of marmalade to wash it down? 😉😙
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 13, 2019 at 2:46 am #176904FounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 304Replies: 1442Has thanked: 6279 timesBeen thanked: 5110 times
Hello Fiona and all,
I’m of the impression that what the Brits call tights, we in the states would call hose…please correct me if I’m wrong…?
I have these two GG friends, one (19) who knows about Sammy and another (42) who doesn’t…yet. One evening I encountered the one, (19) at the filling station wearing a pair of short denim shorts over a pair of sheer black hose. The other (42) I regularly see wearing denim cut-offs over fishnet stockings. Different? Sure, but it’s their style and they both rock it. Not something I would do personally but more power to ya if you do 😁
Women’s fashions I thought were strange the first time I saw them:
- Shorts over hose
- Shorts with hooded sweatshirt & cowboy boots — thought this one was dumb as hell first time I saw it
- Buzz cut on front quarter of one side of the head…wha??
- Hair dyed fluorescent colors
- Gaucho pants — remember those??
The weirder women get the easier they make it for us gals and sincerely, I hope they keep it up 😊
- May 13, 2019 at 1:22 am #176891Dame Veronica GraunwolfMemberRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 55Replies: 2061Has thanked: 1755 timesBeen thanked: 2239 times
Yes, I don’t see the point of it. Who can understand this fashion move or wearing bra on outside??? I guess it is up to us males to show the females how to dress.
Do any of you girls wear your bra on the outside of your clothes??? I like to sunbath in panties and bra as opposed to bikini! Why……I don’t really know….dropped on head as baby guess.
- May 12, 2019 at 10:12 pm #176883
- May 12, 2019 at 10:07 pm #176882KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 235Has thanked: 196 timesBeen thanked: 798 times
When I was running marathons, I’d wear tights on those practice runs when the temperature was starting to drop (I live in northern Canada). My wife didn’t like the look of the tights on their own so she insisted I wear shorts over the tights. Wasn’t a big deal. Now I imagine there are some tights that would look terrible with some types of shorts but that’s something for the fashion police to determine. Don’t have too many fashion police in my neck of the woods and the moose and bear you meet on the trail really don’t care. Hugs, Krista.
- May 13, 2019 at 10:11 am #177055Dame Veronica GraunwolfMemberRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 55Replies: 2061Has thanked: 1755 timesBeen thanked: 2239 times
Hi Krista………where in Northern Canada are you? I am in Elliot Lake….Ontario. Are animals just not the Greatest?? They don’t care what you look like….they just take you as you are. Who the heck coined the phrase Dumb animals??? They are way ahead of us.
- May 12, 2019 at 7:13 pm #176852Paula1ParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 7Replies: 504Has thanked: 516 timesBeen thanked: 1057 times
- May 12, 2019 at 6:49 pm #176845InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 147Replies: 662Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 1552 times
It is not the most stupid thing I have heard of. But it may be a style faux pas. And one that very few cis females would commit.
On one side, shorts are usually worn because of an sporting activity or just because the weather is warm. Wearing under either condition would be kind of defeating the purpose of wearing shorts in the first place.
Having said that, style is relative. And you also have real life style and “I wear this because I like it and I’m staying home so who cares”. So, unless you are going out and plan of attending an event where the paparazzi are going to be all over, shouldn’t be a big deal.
- May 12, 2019 at 3:01 pm #176818AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.