Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

You know that I love to create polls that stimulate discussion, but I also like to have fun ones as well. So my last few polls have been a bit on the “heavy” side, so it’s time for something fun! 🙂

So…, as I was doing my makeup, I realized that one of the standard types of makeup I always apply is blush (aka, rouge, how my mom referred to it when I was growing up). I always use just a little, applied lightly to the apples of my cheeks, to give my face a healthy glow and make me look even more pretty and feminine than I already feel whenever I apply makeup. For me, blush is something to be used sparingly, but I’ve seen some women (both GGs and trans) who looked like they applied it with a trowel! Or worse, they apply it so heavily that it makes a red stripe across their face. And that’s not just in the drag community, but out in the real world. That’s not my personal style, but every  woman has her own style, so…

So of course, that got me to wondering…

Do you use blush/rouge as part of your daily makeup routine?

Hugs,

Holly

Vote yes , but I only makeup  couple of times a month.  I like blush powder , but still learning where  on my face to apply  for best look.

blush is definitely part of my makeup routine.

I stick to 2 colours, one pink and the other is more of a brown/tan colour.   When I first used blush it was thick and heavy, made me look like krusty the klown.

Now I apply it ever so lightly, so it still shows colour but at the same time light enough so it doesn’t look awful.   This is one instance where less is more.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Anytime I do my makeup I use blush.

Hugs, Liara

Using blush/rouge in my daily make up routine would require that I have a daily make up routine, or any make up routine for that matter.

MacKenzie Alexandra

I’m new to this but at this point I plan on using blush whenever I apply makeup.

Blush has such a positive effect on facial appeal for me (in Carmen mode), that I’d never go without. So much so that I’ve been putting on blush (in Andro mode) but in a neutral undetectable shade due to how “finished’ in appearance I feel/look. Makes someone look more attractive in my eye, even if it’s in a color nobody can see as “makeup”. It’s similar to the difference walking out the door with your hair groomed vs. not doing anything at all to it.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Oh yes, if you can remember “rouge,” then you have dated yourself, indeed.  My wife and I always recall how our mothers would keep their deep red rouge in tiny little circular gold containers, then use their finger to apply some to their face, as one of the final steps of their makeup routine.  I cross dressed as a pre teen and teen, so I too used “rouge,” very sparingly though.

Fast forward to the present.  I use blush a.k.a. “cheeks” as part of my daily makeup routine.  The stuff comes in a small pallet, powdered, with a small brush, which I use to apply one of the three shades in the pallet to my cheek bones, as a final touch to my facial makeup.  I then use a large angled brush to smooth the blush out.  The key to using blush IMHO?  Use a small amount and brush it out well with a large angled brush in one direction.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

Not for everyday use, that is just not practical for me. But when I femme dress fully, a little on the cheeks adds so much. I think it softens my face, raises my cheek bones, and just plain makes me feel better about my look.

I like to experiment. I have tried some of the tik-tok trends that have been curated through other websites. One that I have incorporated into my routine is multiple uses for a cosmetic. I have found that after doing my lips, pressing my finger to transfer a bit of my lip color: lightly dotting it on my cheeks, forehead, chin and tip of my nose pulls my whole look together in a very subtle way; after blending of course. I still may add a little shimmer too.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I use blush only when I do full makeup and that is when I get very dressed up or when I meet with other cd’s. I currently use a plummy red color that I apply sparingly and brush slightly upwards toward the rear of the cheekbone. I just bought a pinkish blush but have not tried it yet.

Fiona

Usually when I go out, I’m just wearing a beard cover, with no other makeup. Sometimes I will use some concealer, sometimes I’ll add a bronzer, but these are rare.

I only use rouge when I’m going out dressed up for my support group or some special occasion.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?