Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

We all love bras. Shopping for the, buying them, wearing them. And of course, we all have our favorite bras. You know, those bras that fit so well and are just so cute and pretty and feminine that we wear them over and over and over again. But of course, by doing that we decrease the lifespan of those bras. And sometimes, no matter how much we absolutely love a bra, the hooks get bent or worn out, or even come out of the fabric. Or even worse, we outgrow our favorite bra! <GASP!!>

But that’s where bra extenders can sometimes save the day! If there is still a row of hooks that work, or if the bra is still in good condition but you’ve outgrown it, you can add a bra extender that may buy you more time to keep and wear that bra. I’ve done that a few times with some of mine, but it’s really more of a temporary solution than anything else, it’s not a permanent solution. So that means I just have to go back out and buy more bras!! 😉

So of course, that got me to wondering…

Do you use bra extenders?

Hugs,

Holly

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

While bra extenders work to artificially extend the band size it doesn’t help with the distance between the breasts. I find that the few times I tried it then the breasts came so close to each other that it looked unnatural.

/kelly

yup you bet.

For me it is not to extend the life of the bra, I still can’t find a bra band size that fits properly (usually I buy band sizes too small).  With the extender, I can wear the smaller sized bra no problem.  But that also signals that the bra I bought isn’t the right size to begin with.

Oh the conundrum.

I have used them and have some. Buying bras is sometimes a real struggle ,finding a good fitting bra that fits me. They are expensive to so when I buy one that doesn’t quite fit and may be a little tight in the band an extender may save the day. I find sizing can differ from manufacturer one to another and sizing may not be true in most cases. I mesure a 40 but a 40 band is loose and the cups are too big. Most of the time a 36 works nice and the band is a good fit not too tight at all and sometimes a 38 works well in the event the 36 band is tight and I can usually tell before I buy it I will use an extender to make it work. Kelly you had a point the cup distance is sometimes not right the fit doesn’t work in some cases the bra just doesn’t work and sadly a waste of money and time. The bra shopping experience is agonizing I want a nice fit and a comfortable fit being a guy in the lingerie dept. tirelessly looking over the seemingly endless sea of bras hoping to find the right one is at least very stressful.

Early on I used extenders as 38A bras were hard to find, but 36A’s were plentiful. Once I started wearing forms, I had no use for them.

It’s obvious that well constructed bras of good materials last longer. From my experience Playtex and Goddess last longer, Glamorise not so much…

I have thought about it, I got a bra fitting at Victoria’s  Secret and they told me I was a size 44 and they didn’t have anything that would fit me but would love to get a VS bra because they have such pretty bra’s maybe a bra extender would work for me

Did you check their online store? Sometimes the brick and mortar stores don’t stock everything that is available from their online store…

I have some new in the package just in case but never needed to use any

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I use bra extenders for just a couple of bras I owe that needed just a bit more length  to be really comfy, a few favs, I just can’t let go, lol.

Holly, I have used bra extenders for many years. However I don’t use them to extend the life of my bras, I use them because adding a bit to the band of my bras gives me a vastly increased choice in the style and type of bra I am able to wear comfortably. I started using them at the advice of a sales girl after a very helpful bra fitting at a Lane Bryant store many years ago and for the reason I shared.

Davina
      Lady

No, I do not. I do have a favorite bra and will shed tears when it goes to bra heaven. However, I like shopping for bras and looking at the different sizes, colors and types. Who knows, I may find some that I really love as well. Bra shopping is so must fun!

I use bra extenders quite a lot as I have 44″ band. But the biggest bra problem I have are the straps: Most are not long enough.

Any lady know of a simple way of extending bra straps other than cutting and sewing? I saw some strap extenders once but they were for swimsuits and not suitable for a regular bra. Best, Marlene.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?