• This topic has 25 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I personally do not, as I just don’t think I’m anywhere remotely close to passable visually, yet. I figure, I’ll work on a passable appearance first, then mannerisms, etc., then voice. That makes logical sense, right?

How about you? Just curious, really.

I used to make an effort because I thought it was important. Now I generally don’t. I make a little bit of effort with strangers or people who don’t really know me as a guy, but not much. But most of my interactions are with people who know me as a bloke, so it’s simply not worth the effort.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I do try, but I don’t think that I’m very good, but on those times I am out, I pitch my voice just a bit higher than usual, however, I’m apt to forget a times!

Amy

Anonymous

Actually I wanted a response that said yes Aubrey and I am getting close.

Anonymous

I answered yes/self trained.

While my priorities have shifted from trying to pass to wanting to be accepted, I still try my best to present as a woman, and that includes behavior, mannerisms and voice. A while ago I shared a link to a video about my voice, and I have another couple, one for walking which is one 5 seconds long but I like it. 🙂

Gaby 💜

Krista
      Duchess

Definitely one of the hardest things to do when trying to pass. At this point, I’ve given up being intentional about trying to use a fem voice while dressed (sounds too phony to me). Totally agree with your order Valerie (appearance, mannerisms, voice).

Now I’m a bit lucky as in appearance I pass most often (no Adam’s Apple, little body hair, lots of hair on the top of my head, not too tall, small-boned and not bulky). My voice can give me away at times.  But again I’m sort of lucky.  My voice is considered an “alto” which is higher than tenor and lower than soprano.  Ladies can have an alto voice.  So I don’t have to try too hard.  I just soften my speech a bit, have a bit more lilt to it.  There are some really good videos on YouTube that offer voice training tricks.

Hugs, Krista

Anonymous

A feminine voice is part of the whole feminine image I want to present when all dolled up.

I’ve tried it, but not really practiced it much yet. I haven’t been out in public yet to need it. I consider the voice the final touch. Appearance, mannerisms, and finally voice, one of the toughest to master for many of us.

Anonymous

I have a higher voice with a feminine touch to it, caused me a lot of strife when younger, got me called a fag a lot, oh well. Now I just amplify it a bit and use a fem body language and gestures to help it along.

Emily
      Lady

Definitely part of me that needs work. It’s a tough one to get right. You have inspired me to work on it!

As I dress as a woman constantly, I attempt to speak as a woman constantly as well. It must work. I am never misgendered on the telephone. My natural voice was a medium tenor so getting to mezzo-soprano was not impossible, but it did take a great deal of work as in 2 to 3 hours a day of vocal exercises work  Then, I also do several hours of yoga and pilates to enable me to walk in a womanly fashion as well. I discovered I can do both at the same time, i.e. stretch my vocal cords while I stretch my body. For me, this is a necessity. I live full time as a woman. Hell, I live full time as a girly girl. I wear short skirts, tight blouses, high heels. full makeup, the works constantly.  My spouse more than approves. My work gives me the freedom to dress as I choose. I was helping a friend with her vocal journey recently when I realized I don’t have a male vocal presentation to which I can return.  It is like owning only women’s clothes rather necessitates that I pass, if I don’t want to be homebound. I am not a vocal coach but I will post links if anybody wants them. Cheers!

K Swim
      Lady

Since it is always in private, I have no one to talk to therefore no need for a fem voice.

I get called maam on the phone and at drive thrus in drab but I try to take it a little higher.  I do not cough or sneeze femininely at all.

Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Yes, I try to practice my femme voice a little bit every day. I watch YouTube videos and also try to match the voices of different women I see on TV. I don’t know if I’m really making progress, though. I should probably find a coach or someone to give me feedback.

Suzanne
      Lady

When I get all dressed up and the gurl I really am, I would not “pass” (FETISH COSTUME would stand out anyway) but my voice has always been high (used to be a singer *church music”, choral, and barbership style – I sing tenor = ten or fifteen miles away – grins) so didn’t have to try too hard to have a high or feminine voice.

Terri
      Duchess

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I just speak softly. I used to worry so much of being read. As years went on i stopped worrying and just enjoyed my times out.</p>

Anonymous

I talk a lot softer I try my best

Janine
      Lady

<p style=”text-align: right;”>I’ve been in situations where I need to speak and as long as I can only say short sentences I’ve been able to sound like I’m a girl. I’m talking about ordering a meal or buying something in a store .I haven’t trying holding a conversation with anyone yet but I’m working on it</p>

I am a quiet talker myself and to a point when i am not concentrating too much, i do sound Feminine, certainly according to my work mates!! of course i dont view it as an insult, but rather a victory 🙂

Fiona xxx

I’ve been trying to raise the pitch of my voice and to speak in a softer tone. I also sing along to female vocalists when driving, trying to match their voice. Since I only interact with my CD/TG support group, I’m not worried if my voice doesn’t sound like a woman.

Anonymous

I have such a low voice that I don’t know if I can sound at all feminine. I think, even at six feet tall, I look reasonably passable when en femme but even if I was fooling anyone I probably wouldn’t after speaking (sigh).

Ashley
      Lady

I haven’t tried it. I might if I ever get someone willing to listen and give me feedback someday.

One of the most interesting and memorable classes I took in college was a vocal class meant for communications, journalism, and performing arts majors. I was none of those but it did satisfy my required electives and I heard it was interesting, so I signed up on a whim.

Among the many very interesting things I learned, is that both men as well as women, tend to speak lower than their natural vocal tone. (The instructor had the class do an exercise that demonstrated this, most of the class was really surprised)

The other was that the gender your voice sounds like has to do with much more than just tone. Women tend to use much more inflection and tonal variation than men do, and to use them in different ways. This makes a lot of sense to me, how many women have you heard that actually have pretty deep voices, yet still don’t sound “manly?” You definitely don’t have to sound like Bernadette from the Big Bang Theory to sound feminine!

Anonymous

i make an effort to feminize my voice along with my appearance.  It takes practice to do it well and do it consistently.

Anonymous

I speak more softly, and at a slightly higher pitch – and try to include inflections and affectationscthat suit.

I think I’d like to pass, but at 6’4″, it’s unlikely, so I just treat it like a game, and smile knowingly when I speak to someone en femme, like I’m sharing a joke or a bit of banter with them.

One woman, at ASDA in North Devon held me with a wide eyed gaze and large toothy sole which was so pretty I wanted to keep talking with her just to see her face all lit up like that!

They might know, but no-one cares if you make them feel good!

Love Laura

Anonymous

I don’t I’m not passable anyway.

Anonymous

I try, but I have a problem with chronic throat irritation, so I either squeek or sound like a frog. It’s my big frustration as a CD.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?