Tagged: 

Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I have enjoyed chatting for decades, and as everyone knows I really love chatting, and I enjoy a well moderated chat, and free (within bounds) exchange of ideas and feelings.

Do you utilize the chat room and the Private Messages/Private Chat (if you have that right here) parts of our site?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’m on the forums and exchanging private messages almost every day.  Occasionally I’ll spend some time on chat.  I’ve never used private chat.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

That was why I was asking. As I help moderate the chat, most of my time is spent there, and helping/coaching others in private chat and private messages.
      I’m interested in other’s experiences.

Anonymous

Today is my first day trying to maneuver

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Thanks for the post Billiejay.  Ive dropped in the chat a few times, it’s hard to keep up sometimes – I chat faster than I text…  Lol.  PM’s pretty much daily, but yet to investigate the private chat service.  I should learn that too I reckon. 😊

Stevie

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

Private chat is an exclusive benefit for the duchesses and princesses. It’s one of my favorite features.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

Private chat is an exclusive benefit for the duchesses and princesses. It’s one of my favorite features.

Kim Rose
      Hostess

I pretty much exclusively use Chat and very rarely wander into the forums or PM’s (there’s LOADS of new faces over here! It’s like a whole other site! Must try and spend a little more time here in the future.)  I very occasionally use PM but it’s not my go to.

I have never been in the chat room, I used to use Yahoo! chat rooms years ago but kinda grew out of them so don’t use chat rooms anymore. I prefer the forums & pm’s.

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

I am not a big fan of chat.  While I like the concept, there is a need to spend a lot of time in the room before gaining a comfort level to enter into one or more conversations.  It’s my thing, but I generally get impatient and exit when it takes too long to connect into a conversation.

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

I find big group chats move too quick and I can’t keep up so never tried it except for the video sessions

Anonymous

Hello Billiejay

I have tried chat…way too fast for me, the speed I type, sometimes I felt I was not on the same day!!…..same reason I stopped going to bingo some years ago, I was always six numbers behind everyone else….

smiles, grace 💋

Anonymous

…..see what I mean….haha xx

Kassie
      Lady

When I first joined, I went in chat a couple of times but I found it a little overwhelming with the pace of the conversation. It takes me ages to write anything on my mind in the first place, and I found I was answering a question or making a comment long after the conversation had advanced forward by quite a distance.

The girls I met in there seemed very nice and I do think it’s probably a great way to communicate for some, but I’m personally a little reluctant to go back in myself.

Hi this is November , But by the time i have typed a response ,It’s October.

Anonymous

I use private message and forums… I can’t keep up on the chat

I wandered into Chat the other day. 1st time I’ve been there in the year that I have been here. I tend to find online chatting tedious as I don’t type that fast…

Hi BillieJay, I am so happy you started this Forum topic! I have been looking for a CDH Admin or Ambassador who has some knowledge of the “Private Chat” feature. About 6 or 7 months ago, the Local Chapter called the “Bayou Belles” needed a Group Admin. Well, nobody rushed to apply for the job. Since I was one of the original members of the “Bayou Belles”, I told Robyn that I would be happy to serve as a temporary co-Admin until a more qualified leader could be found.

Well, I’m still with that CD Chapter, still trying to keep it all together, and I’ve been wanting to implement the “Private Chat Feature” for our Group. The bylaws for the Local Chapters say, “When you join a Local Chapter you will have access to a private group forum, photo album and PRIVATE GROUP CHAT for the Local Chapter.”

So, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind teaching me how to do “Private Chat” within the Bayou Belles Group.

Thanks so much!

Bayou hugs,
      –Camryn Occasionnel

The only way i could possible keep up the chat ,was if everyone continued to type and i was able to implement thought transfer. Pyxx.

Hi Billiejay,

Couldn’t vote in your poll, you missed out on never again?

It just felt like I was interupting private conversations, tried the UK chat line but never got a reply.  Never again.

[postquote quote=403282]

I call that Glacial Swiftness…

(and I do understand the concept as I type with 3 fingers, and in those rare moments of total flexibility and lucidity, 4)

Private messages and private chat, but the forums are my go to most of the time. Wish I had all the hours in the day all to myself, I could spent forever with all the ladies here and it wouldn’t be enough!

Hi BillieJay

I stick to messaging now, I did try the chat facility but unfortunately due to my dyslexia I couldn’t keep up and it all got very confusing 🙁

Love Stephanie x

I enjoy using the chat page very much. Yes, it’s fast moving and can be confusing with two or three conversations running concurrently, but for me that’s part of the fun of it. Occasionally it can feel like you are eavesdropping on a private conversation but normally it’s fine. My SO is happy for me to chat in the group, however, she would not be so comfortable with me engaging in one-on-one conversations in Private Chat. This is the main reason I’ve not upgraded to Duchess yet.

I am new and don’t know how to use the chats or other communication channels.  Can someone help?

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

thank you, ladies, for your replies here.

they will help us (me) to understand the site better.

every members input and feedback helps us get better, but I can’t do anything about the speed of the chat.

please PM me if there is anything I can do to help your experience become more meaningful to you.

I’m not kidding… I value the feedback from everyone.

BillieJay

I will use the chat on occasion.  I often don’t have the time to sit and get into conversations.  Yes, it goes by fast at times, and is best to use a device with a keyboard rather than a soft keyboard, because you can type faster that way.

I will also use PM on occasions.  I can send more personal info than I might want to put on public chat.

Most often it is via the forums.  Specific questions and specific answers, and the answers can sometimes be a long time after the question.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love the chat, photos, forums and messaging.

Yes BillieJay! I certainly do 😊

Leslie
      Lady

Frankly I find the chat to be rather like the old days of party line telephones.  If anyone else can remember that far back. It seems as if everyone talks over everyone else and it is hard to follow any one thread of conversation. Or it is like going to my in laws. Where everyone does talk over everyone else but very loudly. It may just be me, the conversation may take longer but PMing is better I guess I mean more personal.

I do use both chat and private messaging.  I don’t chat nearly as much or as long as I did 10 or 15 years ago, but i do make an appearance in the chat room some.  It is usually just after I get home in the mornings from work and I will chat until I need to finally go to bed.

I do enjoy that our home here has a functioning chat room, as so many other sites have let their chat’s drop by the wayside over time and none of the admins even try to get them functioning again.  I honestly do believe that is one of the main reasons that a lot of group sites eventually die off.-

PaulaF

Hi

I actually really like the chatroom. Though I haven’t been there for a couple of days now because I don’t fell well at the moment (gender dysphoria). Right now I don’t have the energy to be in the chat room, but I sure will be back. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
      Hugs
      Lily-Rose

Hi  Billiejay    I like  to chat I am dyslexic and real slow at writing I felt like I was making some fiends and I tried for a while and every one was very nice to me but it was like work.  I did have some fun also . I  wish there was a zoom page I could talk up  storm I hope every one is well I love all you girls .   Oh I did have only one strike left do the strikes go away with time?  I  wouldn’t ever want to lose this web site it means a lot to me  .   Bobbi

Hi BillieJay!

I voted for private messages only. I just happened to be in chat very early this morning. I had a little insomnia and after 90 minutes or so of not sleeping, I got out of bed and logged into CDH. I enjoyed the chat this morning but that isn’t my usual chat experience. I find the conversations move either too slow for me or too fast. I get confused when there are multiple conversations happening simultaneously. When there is only a few people I enjoy it a lot. I haven’t used the private chat even though I picked the duchess membership. I like having it as an option and I am sure I will use it eventually. I love private messages. My crazy fluctuating work schedules and horrible commutes can seriously interfere with keeping up with correspondence and logging in in general but I do my best. The forums are really my favorite though. Reading a post and responses is like being in one room together and someone starts a conversation, everyone can respond if they want to, multiple times, commenting on each other, sometimes kidding around. You can take as much time and put as much thought into responses and comments which you can’t do as well in chat or in person. Forums will always be my favorite form of communication on CDH.

Hugs

Autumn

Anonymous

only private messages,  i think i am a little bit shy, so i prefer to communicate directly with the person, kisses a lot felicity

Ellie Hope
      Baroness

I’ve not done the chat scene much, the couple times I tried, I had difficulty understanding who was responding to what or who’s question since there can be several conversations going on simultaneously. But I do intend to work on that a little more in the future as it seems like a good way to meet others and maintain existing acquaintances.
      Ellie

Hippie
      Lady

I not much for chat rooms today. Well back in the day, I was the big man on yahoo and AOL chat. Today I mostly sit back and sandbag on the chat room part. But I am big into reading everyone articles and stories. It shows that I am more than just some weird man in women’s clothing. Over the years on here, I have met some people that I would be happy to call my friends.

Katey Doe
      Lady

I was just there for the first time. It seems very busy by the time I typed a comment the subject changed three times-Lol. I can’t keep up 😂

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?