Viewing 58 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

A silky nylon and lace slip was the original lingerie garment which attracted my attention and curious interest when I was in my early teens. Nylon slips peeking from the hems of ladies dresses and skirts while they were walking, standing or when they were sitting with their legs crossed lured my admiration.

The first slip I tried on belonged to my sister and I fondly recall it was a soft and very silky pink nylon half-slip with a scalloped lace hemline. From that moment on my love for slips was sealed and a slip became a mandatory lingerie garment for me to put on whenever I had the opportunity to, and subsequently when I became a cross dresser. I have accumulated a substantial collection and assortment of lovely nylon and lace full slips and half-slips.

Although slips are not the customary lingerie garment for women these days as they once were due to changing fashions, trends, dress and skirt linings, and although slips are by no means extinct, I believe a slip is a glorious depiction of soft feminine sensual loveliness and feels so wonderful to wear. I enjoy a fabulous exhilarating feeling wearing a slip under my dresses and skirts and I love to let the lace hem peek from below the hemline especially when sitting with my silk stocking legs crossed in public. It never fails to attract the interest of admirers.

And wearing a skirt with a slit at the front, side or at the back of the skirt affords me with a golden opportunity to allow the slip to peek through the slit. It is a superb sensual tease in public.

Anonymous

I’m with you, Fabienne.  I like slips too.

Anonymous

Stephanie thank you. Lovely to know that you also like slips.

Anonymous

Quite agree with you, there’s nothing as sensual as a silky, lacy slip (except perhaps a satin nightgown!). It’s such a shame that they seem to have gone out of fashion but they can be found on eBay and similar sites. Gilly.

rhonda
      Lady

I think most if not all here are slip crazy

Anonymous

Quite agree! Gilly

I understand your attraction to the soft and silky material of a slip, however, I would not wear one unless I had a need. I rarely wear dresses or skirts anymore as my body is far too male, with a perfect, bowling ball figure, that looks better in jeans. I do own an extensive wardrobe that includes many dresses and skirts and wish I looked better in them so I could enjoy wearing them, just not my reality.

My motives for wearing ladie’s clothing differs from what your explaining here. I wear feminine clothing because I feel that I truly am a girl born in a boys body, and not because the clothing excites me. Like any other girl, I wear feminine clothing because I am more comfortable presenting female, than male, and enjoy looking as pretty as I possibly can.

But I do not judge anyone for their preferances and wish you all the best.

Breanna

It’s a shame that it’s hard to find slips nowadays. I can fondly recall looking through catalogs when growing up  and wishing I could have one.  I now have several but my figure looks more like the Staypuft marshmallow guy in Ghostbusters so cant wear them anymore.

Anonymous

You’re a lucky girl with so many! Gilly

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

When the weather is cold enough, I most certainly enjoy wearing a half slip and cami. Also own a couple of full slips. (See my “tasteful lingerie shots” in my CDH profile)

Dont care if the skirt I’m wearing is lined, just love the look of the lace hem around my knees when I “go to the ladies”

Not sure about “you lot up there in the north”, but “down here” we can still buy these lovely creations. Essence is a Kiwi brand who have a good range and there are lots of “chemises” in various brands available. (AKA short slips for shorter skirts!!).

Happy (slip) dressing

Caty

Slips are harder to find than they used to be.  One can find a slip and they are sexy to wear.

Alice

I too like to wear slips. I wore my read one just this weekend with my long red dress. My girlfriends and I had a Christmas party at on of the girls homes. I would love to have more than the ten slips I currently have. Ebay is a great place to find them.

Anonymous

Sounds like you have a lovely collection of slips Nicole. And yes I concur eBay is a good place to acquire slips.

Anonymous

Alice you can always find plenty of slips on eBay. Thrift shops are another place to find them cheaply.

Anonymous

Caty I certainly share your passion for slips. Linings under a dress or skirt does not prevent me from wearing a slip either. Just feeling a silky nylon and lace slip under my dresses and skirts is a glorious feeling and makes me feel all the more feminine.

Love your lingerie pictures.

Anonymous

Yes check them out Roxanne they are a gorgeous addition to a lingerie collection.

Yes I wear slips of all descriptions, I don’t feel properly dressed without one on under a dress or skirt. They are one of my must haves like stockings and suspender belts.

Anonymous

Delighted Pam to see you wear slips of all descriptions, and like you I don’t feel properly dressed without one on under a dress or skirt. A slip compliments panties and a bra so beautifully and sensuously. Slips are a must have lingerie garment for me to.

Anonymous

This seems a popular topic! As a matter of interest, when putting a dress/skirt on over a slip, do any of you put them on over one’s head to stop the slip riding up and then having a struggle to get the hem level? Gilly

I started my c/d journey back in the mid fifty’s, at that time all the ladies and girls wore slips under their dresses and skirts. I was lucky to have A sister that introduced me to the wonderful world of womens clothes, although she had ulterior motifs to get me started. She knew our dad crossdressed and my mom and dad  were very concerned about me finding out and how I would take it, but seeing I was curious about her clothes and catching me checking them out. she took it on herself to get me started and that way I would understand the lure of women’s clothing and not to be shocked if I found out dad’s secret. one of the first things my I was given by my sister was A lacy satin slip as well as panties and A nightie. I will never forget putting that slip on over nylon panties and the divine sensations they gave me, I slept in them for many nights I hated to take them off to go to school. My mom also gave me several slips that she had outgrew as well as buying me several pair of new panties. The best part of my young life was when three fo my sisters friends started giving me their old clothes and I soon had so many pretty slips and dresses and all sorts other things my dresser was overflowing and my closet full. But to this day I will always remember that first slip. I still have several nice slips that I wear under my dresses and skirts the feeling of femininity is still there and my enjoyment of them is still as powerful as ever.

The short answer is YES.  I simply love lovely silky lingerie and slips are an important part of my dressing.  Slips are such a lovely wonderful feminine piece of lingerie and wearing one just makes me feel so wonderfully feminine.  I love white and soft pastel colours in my slips and lingerie, lovely lace edging and that wonderful feeling of wearing silky nylon and how lovely it is to see some pretty lace peeking out from under my skirts.  I simply love wearing slips and they add such a lovely girly silky feeling over my nylons and silky panties and just seeing that lovely reflection of the feminine girly me wearing one.  Yessssss…I Love Slips.

Gilly, if I’m putting a dress on I always slip it over my head and down over my slip.  This just seems the most natural way to put a dress on for me.  Skirts, I will step into them and pull them up over my slip and pull the slip down if necessary once my skirt is on.  Regardless, I just love wearing a slip under my skirts and dresses.  Slips are jus such a lovely silky feminine garment…I just can’t dress without one.

Anonymous

Gilly thank you for your reply to the topic.

In answer to your question I personally put some dresses on over my head which is a necessity with certain dress styles, but with other styles of dresses where this is not necessary, I step into the dress and lift it up and over my slip. I make sure the slip does not ride up in the process. The hem of the slip and the dress align without any problem. With a skirt, I always step into the skirt and lift it up over the slip. If the skirt has a zip at the side or at the back of the skirt, the skirt will simply slide up over the slip without the slip riding up as the skirt will be open around the waist. If there is no zipper on the skirt but a button at the waist, or if the skirt has an elastic waistband, I simply lift the skirt up over the slip and use my hand to prevent the slip from riding up if that becomes necessary. Rarely do I have to struggle with the slip riding up when putting on a dress or a skirt.

Anonymous

Thank you so much sarasue for sharing your very interesting CD journey and how slips were introduced into your life through your sister. It is wonderful to see that to this day slips are still an important part of your lingerie wear.

Anonymous

A fabulous and enthralling summation of your love of slips Brenda. I relished every descriptive word. Thank you so much for sharing your love of silky lingerie and slips.

It is, ONLY, another article of clothing, right!!?

Anonymous

I always wear a slip usual a full a full one .secrets in lace has lovely slips I have a few of from them but most of my collection are from the 60s and 70s .I love the liquid satin ones .I always feel more feminine wearing a slip ,nylons heels ,panties ,bra and make up .would love to share these feminine feelings .

Anonymous

Is it a “rule” that one should wear a full slip with a dress and a half slip & camisole with a skirt and separate top? What do all you girls think? Gilly.

Anonymous

Yes I do I am the type of woman that loves a full lace slip as a child the first thing I used to wear daily if I could was a full lace slip and a pair of pantyhose and high heels and at my age now when I wear full dress I’ve always got a full lace slip underneath I just love the feelings of a nylon and silk on my body I always have makes me feel a lot more feminine when I dress kiss kiss ladies jazz 💋💋

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi Gilly,

It may have been a rule in the “old days”, but then given I started out in my mothers full slips and dont remember her wearing anything else , I have my doubts. It therefore seems plausibe that women of her era mostly wore the full version or on hot days just their panties and bra and maybe a cotton or whatever else material singlet.

“Cut to the present” and I can inform all and sundry that (at least) my beloved does not own a single “lacy material cami” and I dont recall her owning a half slip either.

There’s a stack of ads these days for “chemises”, so assume women still wear them, but obviously much shorter than the full/half slips of yesteryear.

Caty just “slips” into (Boom tish) whatever takes her fancy when the opportunity arises. But not today. a/. the “boss” is home all day and b/. its gunna be over 40’F here today and all I have on under my male shorts and T shirt is a pair of high cut panties.

Not even a cami under the T shirt…

Happy (slip) dressing

Caty.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

and that temp should be 40CELSUIS… At 40 F I’d be rugged up to the nines, (with a lovely full slip on underneath it all….)

Caty

Rebecca Leeann Allen
      Baroness - Annual

Yes I am not dressed if I don’t have a slip on, this was one of the first items I started with.

C

I love slips, camis etc. They serve the purpose of helping clothes move smoothly, they smooth our lines and hide the odd imperfection. Exactly why GGs wear them! It’s also another opportunity to wear something very sexy under quite plain outer wear, going out with that little “if only you knew what I’m wearing under this plain outfit”.

They don’t always work well with a lined skirt or dress though, the satin/lace can stick together.

And at the end of the day I love dropping my dress or skirt and still being femme a moment longer.

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Like many of you girls.  I was attracted to my mom’s panty hose and slips.   That cool silky feeling as the slip moved across the hosiery created such an overwhelming feeling of excitement and femininity.  I just love love love it.  It brings my girlie side forward every time and it’s always a part of my ensemble. Can’t be feminine without them ladies, now can we.
      kisses

Rosiebeth.

Anonymous

I love soft and silky nylon slips. I have many that I have purchased on EBay. I adore that feminine feeling I get in my panties, slips, bras and nightgowns.

Wow! What a popular subject. I am an old lady [83] who associates getting dressed properly as ladies did in the ’40s and ’50s. A beautiful slip is an absolute must have when you are enjoying your real self. I have several, black and pink ones being my favorites. The feeling is delicious. Especially when your dress and other underwear are also slippery nylon. If you have not included a slip in your CD outfit I recommend you try it.

Love to all

Carla Erikson

Hi, I love slips and I have a big collection of them. I I always wear either a fool or a half slip underneath my dresses and skirts. Even though modern day tradition is not to wear one, I think they are so ladylike and also sexy.

I love slips!  My favorite was a bra slip i bought in the late 1960s. The bra was integrated into the slip.

I love wearing silky nylon slips with lace edge detail and hemline. I have a full slip and a half slip in each white and black.

Anonymous

Bra slips: those were the days!

Yes bra slips were nice and I used to have a couple of them. I keep searching for one on eBay and such. I was lucky enough to get a short slip panty combination.

Yes I have many slip’s and camisoles to wear I just love the feeling under my jeans and shirts . I love my bras to  I know I would never pass so it is just for me to enjoy. I have love bras and panties sence I was very young and my sister dressed me .

Hi, very true. I think it is unnecessary item for us to wear. It also feels so good.

I absolutely adore slips and always wear one under my dresses and skirts. Slips just add that lovely extra silky feminine touch to my dressing and I love slips with lace detailing and the feeling…oh my I love the silky feeling a slip adds over my nylons and silky panties and the look…oh my I love seeing lovely slips and peeking lace.  I often wear a half slip under my full slip for that extra silky feeling.  Slips…LOVE THEM.

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

That’s it Brenda, just sit on the fence why don’t you?

Eve Bell
        Lady

I too enjoy wearing slips with my skirts and dresses even when those garments have their own liners. The sensation of my nylons with the slip and the lining of the skirt all adds up to heaven for me.

Oh lass, I so agree, when lining up what to wear whether skirt or dress this girl is wondering which slip, a half or full, but always something silky, scalloped edged…

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi Gill,

Not sure if you know, (be surprised if you dont,), but there are lots of lovely “camibras”, (combined bra and cami) on the market these days).

OK not a bra slip… but close….

Caty

Yes like most others I used to covet my mums slips and always wore one when I grew up and manage to crossdress. I always felt more feminine and sexy wearing a slip.
      Take care all

Helen

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There was a post about ‘triggers’ to crossdressing and by the amount of replies this is certainly one of them.

Being of a certain age they were part of everyday wear back in the day, my mother and sisters had them. Although it was the dresses that I tried on first as a child growing up to want to wear all of the clothes led me to slips which was part of the completing the outfit. To me they exude femininity with the lace and silky material. As I grew and began to dress more they are an integral part of my wardrobe now, I rarely leave home without one, full or half slip as it is part of my outfit.

There was reference to ladies wearing them on hot days without a dress and in a Brit film, Made in Dagenham’ the ladies in a hot sewing shop sat around in their slips. Who doesn’t forget Liz Taylor in hers in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?

The history seems to show that in the French courts in the 16th century the slip had arrived as ladies would wear them while privately together inside and were called a chemise which were quite frilly. The other creation was the combination of a bustier and underskirt. During the twenties they were worn under flapper style dresses and by the 1930’s were more commonplace to be worn under dresses that were made from rougher material due too rationing. As nylon and polyester became readily available they were adorned with lace and bows to become the more feminine and alluring slip that we know now. By the seventies it became more common for girls to wear pants and the slips slowly declined in the shops.

So for whatever reason you wear them they are still available in shops and online so get out and buy to keep them being made…..

Did back in the day. I preferred the ones with a lace slit that you cut with scissors to match the slit in your skirt. You guessed it. Had to have a bunch for all the different skirts. I hated the static they created. I could have started a camp fire with those things. Probably still have one around somewhere.

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

I dabbled with crossdressing a little in my early twenties and had a half-slip from M and S that I really enjoyed wearing under my skirt. Just felt so feminine and girly.

The ladies here will know I then suffered a 35 year hiatus until last June. If I find an opportunity to dress again a slip will definitely be a part of my apparel. Have just added a couple to my Amazon wishlist.

Hugs, Chrissie xx.

Dani
      Lady

A slip was my first femme garment. I was I think about 8 or 9 years old. I was amazed by how good it felt and the womanly smells (perfume).

Eve Bell
      Lady

My mother’s lingerie was my gateway to finding my identity. I own “dozens” in all colors, lengths and patterns. I always enjoy adding one to my outfits and I often keep it on as a night dress, especially on the cooler nights that are coming.

Pantyhose are what caught my attention first and the article I tried on first. But a slip was a close second as I loved the amazing feeling the two together would give me.  For years that’s all my crossdressing consisted of was pantyhose and a full slip. I now have a good collection of full and half slips with matching camisoles. I still wear them today under certain skirts and dresses.

Anonymous

No but i have a wardrobe full of nightdresses that come with stockings or pantyhose

Samantha R
      Duchess

Oh I love slips and own several, They are very Feminine

J J
      Lady

I do love slips, but only own a half slip and cami currently. While bras and panties were my gateway, I did wear mom’s slip once or twice. Anything with nylon and lace is fine by me.

Just an aside, but I was recently in Nice France and there was a pretty young lady wearing a slip as a dress. As best as I could tell this was not a slip dress, but just a simple slip. She looked stunning in it and appeared to be off to a club or some such place. She was not wearing a bra but was petite enough to get away with it. There were no obvious panty lines so I suspect she was wearing a thong, or possibly nothing underneath.

Awe, to be young and pretty and able to pull off such a thing.

I love slips. I always have. Since I first cross dressed, I loved slips. The brand names I remember are Shadow Line, Vanity Fair, Vasserette, Maidenform, Olga, Playtex, Bali, and some others. They had beautiful lace adornment at the bodice, and a wide lace panel at the hem. Added touches were lace panels that crossed diagonally as well as flower and bow appliqués and the like.

Coming in various lengths, they could be chosen to go with short dresses all the way to floor length gowns. The longer gowns would not require a slip of its full length, but only what was necessary to offer coverage under sheer fabrics without being obvious or detracting from the natural lines of the fabric. Unless of course you want to include crinolines here, which I never wore myself. Except once maybe.

I vaguely remember a day when a bunch of us were dropped off at my house. By us I mean a large group of children spanning several years in age who went to the same school. Me and my brother, and three girls who were the daughters of a close family friend. Trust me, though not unattractive, these girls were never considered as anything other than family. Never romantic. Ever.

But they changed out of their dresses which they wore to school, and my brother and I changed into shorts or jeans and tea shirts. But during the course of interactions among us, it was decided that my brother and me would wear their dresses and parade as if in a fashion show. It was all in good fun, and we did not actually take off our pants (which as I remember for me was a bit of a disappointment). There may have been a slip involved. And though I don’t remember other instances of similar cross dressing behavior, I think there may have been a crinoline involved.

My favorite lounging around the house outfit is a lacey slip and stockings.

My favourite article is a Victoria’s Secret blue half-slip, I love sleeping in it. I also underdress in half-slips for work with pantyhose. I wear slips under dresses at times to smooth out layers of shapewear.

My favorite item, by far, is my black charmeuse half slip. I wear it under everything because it feels and looks so nice. It was also one of my very first acquisitions.

I also like wearing my everyday Hanes for Her stretchy slip with the matching top.

Almost any dress or skirt looks and feels better over a slip, in my opinion. A lady is just not fully dressed without one.

Hi I have a white nylon and lace full slip I wear this under a white semi sheer dress, I have a black nylon and lace full slip which I sometimes sleep in.
      Sarah xx

Half slip when wearing a skirt without lining and a full slip when wearing a dress without lining. Wonderfull to wear.

OMG, I love a sexy slip. Either to wear under a dress or sleep in occasionally. On a hot night, I’ll wear one around the house (if the wife allows) or when by myself, I’ve sat out in a slip on the deck or porch enjoying a drink.
      XOXO
      Karensa

Viewing 58 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?