• This topic has 39 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have attempted to glue on eyelashes off and on through the years and failed every time.
      I have been pleased with the magnets because I can try again. I really don’t mind if I have to put on a little more magnetic eyeliner.
      I see the ads for the adhesive eyelashes that supposedly work again and again. I don’t believe there is anything that sticks as well repeatedly.
      Any positive or negative experiences?

RachelAnn
      Lady

I’m curious on this one as well, on my list to try, but have not as of yet, as reviews are always mixed online.

Anonymous

You don’t need to buy expensive ones. I would look for the ones with two eyeliner applicators because it’s cheaper than refills.
        I also suspect the eyeliner is a little harder to remove. It’s how I discovered micellar water because it works.
        It’s also fun to have the assorted styles and sizes.
        Cute picture by the way!

Brielle
      Lady

I use both now. I have trouble getting the eyeliner to go on in a thin bead and get good adhesion with the magnets. I also found I had to spot reapply the liner a few times during the day. I haven’t tried the “self-adhesive” lashes.

Overall, I still prefer the glue-on lashes over the magnetic, other than the advantage of being able to reposition the lash when you first put them on.

I’ve used both, glue and magnetic.

I started with glue first, so I became quite good at putting it on.  Most times no problem, but the days I get a brain fart the eyelash goes on crooked.

I bought a pair of magnetics from amazon.  It does work quite well, I was pleased on how easy it was to put the eyelashes on.  On the other hand, having a steady hand to apply the eyeliner is a different story.  I didn’t look too closely but the ones I saw, the only colour for magnetic eyeliner was black.

As well, the bottle of eyeliner dried up and I didn’t bother buying another bottle.

I lean towards glue, as I can put those on quite quickly now.

Anonymous

Black is a pretty good eyeliner color.

Anonymous

I tried the ones that are self-magnetic – ie, you have one pair for upper left, upper right, lower left……….you get the idea.

I just couldn’t make them work. You need to be an ambidextrous octopus.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

I anticipated that would be to tricky for me.
        It sure looks easy on Instagram.
        I’m just ready to retool everything from the last purge. If I only had a nearby CD friend I would give everything away from time to time with a potential borrow-back clause.

Billie
      Lady

I had some but my wife took them.

I’ve tried magnetic lashes and seems to do the job. However, I prefer the glue on. As far as ease of application (of pretty much anything, but especially lashes), a 10x makeup mirror is probably my most prized tool. I simply cannot go without it anymore. I’d rather go without makeup than put on my makeup without my mirror. LOL.

Anonymous

I think you are probably right. I’ve never had one.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Hey Hey!

I have a set from Ardell Professional that I got from Ulta for a reasonable price that work well.

The hardest part for me was getting used to putting on a liquid eyeliner.

The set comes with the liquid magnetic liner, you put that on, wait a few seconds and pop on the lashes.

It took a little practice getting the liner right because I’m ham fisted at times.

After I got that sorted out, it was a snap! I’ve worn them out dancing and have never had troubles.

Hope that helps.

XOXO

Rayna

Penny Jay
      Lady

Just love the magnetic eyelashes, use them all the time. A double application of the eyeliner works well and practice makes perfect when you are applying it.

PennyJ

Mandy Wife
        Baroness

And bonus with the ones you got from Amazon – they sent a letter through and if we left a review we got a £15 off eCard voucher or free set of lashes ……. Considering the set cost you £13 in the first place the £15 voucher has come in handy for something else we wanted from Amazon!!

Yes hun I’ve tried them as well and yes I like them.  They are much easier to apply and no problem adjusting them if not right the first time.  I like the finished look and find they take my mascara very well.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Heidi!

Thanks! Seems like a good idea. I’ll give them a try. Having fun watching YouTube instructional videos – the girls demonstrating are all so sweet! I wanna be like them!

Hmm.. Perhaps an investment opportunity too!

Barb 🙂

I have a couple of sets. I haven’t tried them out yet. I’m scared to put them on, I guess.
      Is there a way to put them on?
      I bought an eyelash applicator to try to put them.
      I just have to get the nerve to play with them.

Does anyone have a good vendor for Magnetic Lashes.  I use Amazon.

Thanks,  Suzi

Elaine
      Duchess

I use them and prefer them over glue. Easier to apply and clean up.  I use moxielash.

Samantha Lynn
      Duchess

I bought a set of magnetic ones a few months ago, 5 per pack w/ the eyeliner…a steady hand is required to get the liner layered evenly without making it look like a mess…but I love mine and how they accentuate my eyes…and they look so thick when the mascara goes on. I have wanted to try the glue on ones but am unsure on the glue and the clean up with the magnetic eyeliner is easy to remove. Now I have curled my own lashes and applied mascara on them and it takes a couple days to get it compleatly off those little things so for me the magnetic work very well. I use Sevals…the price for 5 pairs and liner were reasonable (around 15 on Ebay ) and looking forward to getting another set or two!!

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I like the concept.  In practice I’ve never gotten them to work.  Maybe need to try a different brand.

Anonymous

I use mine when I have to sneak in and out of the house without being noticed. I put some colorstay makeup to cover the liner which is a little too thick and black.

I have Allergies to many things,so my eyelashes arr naturally long. I am gifted in that I can just use mascara.

Anonymous
      Lady

I had some of the upper and lower magnetic ones a while back and fought and fought and fought with getting them on correctly, even watching several videos. My issue, still being predominantly closeted, is that if I could go to the trouble of using magnetic eyeliner, I would just go ahead and use mascara because I LOVE it!  But I need something that could potentially come off quickly, if needed. And that ain’t mascara OR eyeliner.

SO, I couldn’t find where I put my original lashes, so I decided to buy some new ones.  The only ones I could find locally (upper and lower magnets that clip together) were the Ardell brand that I had before, BUT this set came with the magnetic applicator and, ladies, it was a GAME CHANGER for me.  Took me a couple of minutes to get the hang of it, but now I can pop those babies on in no time!  (AND I found the old ones too, so now I have two sets!)

I bought mine at CVS because I had a 40% off coupon. (NOTE: My store made me find a sales associate to get them from the shelf. I guess they are popular among thieves.) Ulta Beauty also had them in stock, but not at 40% off  🙂

I do like to wear glasses when I dress (just neutral lenses, I just like the way it looks) and I found that my new lashes were a tad longer than the originals and they did not play well with with the glasses. They got messed up from blinking in just a minute or so.  So, I won’t be able to wear glasses with the new ones.  Just a heads up if you also wear glasses.

*kisses* tara 🙂

(And for those that celebrate it, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!)

Love magnetic lashes!!!

Love them more now that you can apply with liquid or cream magnetic liner.

Alanna

Anonymous

Is that the pencil liner? Those flimsy little brushes are sort of hard to control and to put back in the container.
        I keep thinking that the double magnetic (upper/lower) lashes would be a good idea but there are a lot of bad reviews on Amazon.

I tried the upper and lower magnet type but I failed at it.

But they have come out with a liquid eyeliner type application but it is magnetic and there is also a cream type application as well.

My wife has tried many and has had great success with Moxielash.  She wants to try them on me but I’m waiting for my first mascara purchase to come and be tried before I take her up on the offer.

Kayla

Anonymous

Never pass up an offer like that!

LLotus
      Lady

It depends on your make up style.   When I first started using lashes, I found that the magnetic lashes were easier to apply and were generally more simple to use/maintain.   But magnetic lashes do not work for all types of makeups.  For example, some makeup styles starts the eyeliner out very thin at the inner eye, gradually becoming wider at the other end… or just uses a thin eyeliner all together.   It would be difficult to use magnetics on a style like this because it generally requires a defined eyeliner band (so that there is something for the magnet to adhere to!).   Also, with magnetic lashes, there aren’t a lot of lash choices and you may never find the right one that fits your eye shape, makeup, and outing look.

The magnetic lashes can be beneficial to some.  But I don’t think it really replaces glue lashes at all.

I started using magnetic eyelashes about 6 months ago, yes it took a a few goes to put them on correctly but now I wouldn’t be without them. Even my wife says they really look nice but then she complains that she cannot put them on.

For those who have never tried them give them a go you will be amazed of how they look.

Samantha x

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Love them and they love me!  Still use glue with the super long drag queen style ones though!

Lola

Anonymous

You are the pro. I’m glad you’re here to give us some pointers.

Lola Caprice
          Baroness

Lots of trial and error, mostly error. 😂 But I love long lashes so…

Theres also adhesive eyeliner that I’ve had some success with.  Apply the liner let it get tacky, stick on the lashes.  Where the liner goes beyond the lashes I go over it with some regular eyeliner or a little powder to get rid of the sticky.

Hugs,
          Lola💕

Having tried both I can say that I prefer magnetic eyelashes, especially if you are a do it your self! You have better control. Hey, they look good too!

Honestly I’m on the fence.

With the caveat I’m on the cheap here…

I do like the fact you can retry til you get it right with the magnetic lashes.  I’ve even done them on the lower lids as an experiment and it worked okay (though beware the magnetic pull between the two lids should you shut your eyes for a while).

That said, I haven’t noticed much of a difference in terms of them staying where they’re put.  Lifting on the inner corners is a constant companion with both types, maybe slightly more with the glue-ons.

The biggest caveat with the magnetic lashes (at least mine) is that magnetic liner is an absolute pain to get off.  The eyelash glue, by comparison, is gone by the time the mascara is.

Perhaps a bit more experimentation is in order. 😉

Anonymous

The Ponds cleansing cream recommended by others works pretty well and smells nice.
        I actually corresponded with the magnetic eyelash help people before I ever applied the liner that I understood was difficult to remove.
        She told me that micellar water would take it right off with very little rubbing.
        I bought some and it works great with a cotton ball. It seems to work on long wear lipstick and everything without any residue.
        Knowing you can get it off quickly and completely makes putting on makeup more fun!

Anonymous

It’s also kind of a kick to wake up a little smudgy in the morning.

Anonymous

I was actually disappointed with the new ones. Get some from Amazon with two liner tubes and 5 magnets/lash.
      These had three and were twice as hard to get right
      They should magnetically reinstall in the case when you’re done.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?