Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

I had been less interested in dressing for a while, but now the Pink Fog has come again. It comes and goes for me and has been that way for basically my whole life. I’m curious if others have similar experiences or if it’s more constant. I expect it’s probably different for everyone. Just a thought wandering around my little brain today.

xoxo,
      Catherine

In past years, it was up and down – but it was due to medical issues.  Hard to think of dressing when there is upteen million appointments at the hospital.  But since the medical issues have stabilized, the pink fog has rolled in, and it has socked in heavily.

I think about dressing constantly, and underdressing is about the only way to keep the pink fog at bay.

To answer your question, it has been constant.

Anonymous
      Lady

The “pink fog” has been pretty consistent for me my whole life and builds up in a ball of frustration until I can relieve it by dressing and letting Michelle out for a bit. Now that I’m retired and have accepted her, the mystic pink fog is mostly kept under control.

Please excuse my ignorance; what is pink fog?

RachelAnn
        Lady

I can attempt to answer this for you.  I don’t know who coined the term, but basically it’s when our desire to be feminine overtakes almost everything else going on with our lives and we let it take a hold of us. I’m sure others will chime in, but for me, for example, it might be that I buy that pair of shoes or dress or skirt or whatever when I know I don’t need it and shouldn’t. Or specifically when I know I shouldn’t buy that pair of black strappy 4in heels because I already have 2 pair of black heels, but not THAT  beautiful pair of black heels I saw online or in the store. Of course when I buy them I have to wear them.  Hope that helps. Someone else may be able to give a better answer.

Julia,

Are you familiar with the Pink Floyd song, “Learning To Fly”. That’s the pink fog!  There’s clues in every verse but in a nutshell . . .

“There’s no sensation to compare with this
        Suspended animation, a state of bliss

Can’t keep my mind from the circling skies
        Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I”

Hope this helps.
        -joanne

Catherine,

Pink Fog as always been an ebb and flow process for me. Sometimes It rolls in when I least expect it and will depart the same way. It can stay a day a week or longer. I’m sure it’s connected to what’s going on in my life at that time but sometimes it has a life of its own. When I feel it coming on there is no stopping it. That can make things difficult since I’m a closet dresser. ( wife knows about panties but nothing else)  I can’t describe the feeling when it’s taken over me , but it’s a good feeling and all kind of girlie thoughts go through my head. Lately like you Catherine its been taking over me less and less. When it does it’s for a shorter time. I know this has to do with my changing lifestyle. I’m close to retirement and will soon lose the space where I’m able to dress. I’ve reduced my collection of clothes and lingerie knowing I’ll have less time and availability to dress. I will adjust and make the best of my situation. The girl in me will always be there and the pink fog will always be hovering a round . Thanks for the posting

💋Natalie

RachelAnn
      Lady

The fog for me definitely comes and goes, which is largely the reason I disappear from this site for large periods of time.  Basically in the warmer months my fog is virtually nonexistent.  Usually around September it’s starts to come back with some peaks and valleys through May or June.  There have been times I’ve remained in the fog for a good chunk of the summer months, but heat and humidity usually take my fog away at some point (hate heat and humidity). As I said, there are some exceptions and it varies a little bit year to year.  I’m closeted to most people I know, with the exception of  my wife, so that may play into my seasonal fog, but as we know when it is at its heaviest it’s very hard to fight it (I no longer fight it by the way).  Long story longer when I feel the fog descending I jump in with my 4in heels and enjoy the ride until it lifts.

Anonymous

For me the pink fog is like the force always with me now since transition . Always around me.

Donna

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Donna. I think now your aura is a constant pink fog 24/7/365

Anonymous

HI Michelle definitly is now.

Donna

Anonymous

Oh, Connie comes and goes, without rhyme or reason.

Typical bloody woman.

xxx

Anonymous

It definiteliitty comes and goes for me as well. Some days its all I think about. If im scrolling around on Instagram or something I get a lot of ads for women’s clothes. Then i start browsing and be for you know it hours have went by. Then I can’t wait to dress up. For me its kinda like mood swings .

Anonymous

Who said that!!!!!

I’m sorry, but I cannot see a thing…..i seem to be living in this permanent pink fog….

Misty eyed grace xx

Hi Catherine,

Great question.
      The Pink Fog did roll in and roll out with the tide but the intervals became shorter and shorter until i am permanently lost in the fog – and loving it!

Julia, The Pink Fog is hard to explain but you’ll know it when you are in it! A state of bliss. Hope this helps.

Thanks for asking.
      -joanne

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Yes it does come and go for me too. However lately it doesn’t seem to want to drift away.

Hugs, Liara

Hi Cathrine my pink fog seems most of the time lately xx

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Steady as she goes for me. It used to come and go but became a consistent force. As I evolved the fog would come in and I would need to dress. When that was established it then made me become braver and come out. The fog has cleared now and all I see is blue sky and sunshine.

comes and goes but as time goes it seems to be more and more permanently here.

The pink fog has been steady and strong for me for years now, probably because I have a great boyfriend and I wear beautiful/romantic lingerie to bed which is the ultimate girly/fem feeling imo.

My pink fog has never ebbed and flowed, from the minute I accepted it, but it has now transformed into a pure pink cloud, which I sit on proudly, encompassed by feelings of my femininity, and loving every moment.
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

It absolutely comes and goes for me. When it’s here it’s always strong. I enjoy dressing but when I look in the mirror it’s sometimes with a hint of sadness because I never quite see what I want to see.

It’s usually then that it fades for a while as I question myself.

Something like face app helps because it’s blurs the lines between fantasy and reality a little. I’ve used it in the two pictures J posted on here.

I do find when the fog comes I don’t want to or can’t really stop myself dressing and it’s only when it’s not around, can I question my own thoughts around it.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Catherine,

For me, certain aspect of the pink fog are permanent, like personality traits, some mannerisms. For cross dressing, the pink fog comes and goes. Though I do enjoy it when its there.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Catherine ,

For me the crossdressing desire is always there.

Sometimes it’s something I see on TV or in my enviroment that triggers it I think ,
      to crossdress more than normal.
      But if it comes , it’s usually stronger for a few days and then subsides again.
      Maybe hormones are a part of it too , I don’t now.

Love Sylvia.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Catherine,

For me I only recognized, (or acknowledged it may be more accurate) it a couple years ago. I had no idea until just a few months ago what to even  call it. Thanks CDH!  It seems stronger than it used to be. Maybe it has to do with lower testosterone levels as I’m aging? Manapause? Yes it definitely ebbs and flows. I do love to be in it when it comes! I just hope that I can stop buying dresses and shoes for a while now.  He hee

I’ve never recognised or acknowledged this concept of pink fog – I just know what I like wearing, and have done since the age of 4 or 5.

When I am en femme, it’s like any “blue fog” has suddenly cleared away – in fact, maybe I recognise blue fog – the feeling, in male mode, that I am really not sure what’s going on, the feeling that others are controlling my life, and a reluctance to put a voice to my thoughts or emotions.

Yes, blue fog fits me better – I relate to that.

It all goes away when I am out as Laura – everything seems crystal clear. Fog is the exact opposite of what I feel.

The desire to dress doesn’t cloud my mind when in drab, as I always have my next outing to look forward to – and I can top it up with a trip to my chiropractor, or a quick walk in the woods – or even a trip to the shops any time I can actually spare – so I never feel distracted from life by my desire to dress.

Music, on the other hand, plays in my head constantly and can be a total distraction…

No pink fog here!

Love Laura

Paula
      Lady

Right now, emotionally speaking, my pink fog is 100% but I only can dress maybe 20-30% of the time (if you want to throw some numbers on it, and this includes underdressing.  I look forward and get excited at a day or a weekend that I am able to crossdress. I also get excited at buying feminine clothes and can’t wait to wear them, even if they are summer attire. I think about getting a tan, new makeup, getting a makeover at Sephora or Ulta.

so for now since I’m don’t crossdress full time my pink fog is always on.

My pink fog is much like what RachelAnn described. I thought she must have been from southeast Texas when she spoke of heat and humidity. In the summer temperatures are at 100F and humidity 100%! For me, although retired, I am busier in the summertime with the longer days resulting in less time to dress. Also the heat will melt the makeup right off your face! I hated the cold while working but Stephanie loves it. I can wear my long sleeves and turtleneck sweaters and cover up my manly arms and large Adam’s apple. I do wear my panties everyday and in the evening usually wear my cute lounge wear, nighties or shorts sets. Just recently I noticed the urges to dress and do my makeup has gotten really strong. Regardless of the pink fog, I usually go to town in “girly drab”: ladies jeans, tops and shoes. Just this week I even wore my mascara! I have certainly enjoyed my feminine feelings coming back and have always wondered why they come and go like they do. Stephanie

Anonymous

Hi Catherine,

for me it definitely came and went for most of my life until recently when it became steady. I think it went most often in the past because I had obligations that forced me to dress and act like a man and eventually the struggle would cause me to pull away. Those obligations have changed for me recently due to working from home (since covid started), moving out of a small apartment in town to a house in the country (more privacy), my kids growing up and starting to move out and the full acceptance of my wife. Now it seems I can be my complete self about 4 days a week and make do with underdressing the other days. I don’t feel a lot of pulling away during those few days of underdressing like I used to during longer periods. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the long term.

— Abbie 🥰

For me the pink fog is increasing as I get more experience in dressing and as I get older.  If I am traveling it recedes as sometimes I dont have the opportunity, like being with others while out and about.  But it seems that after a few days the fog starts to return.  If traveling solo I will underdress and maybe paint my fingernails.  Toes always painted so I can always see them and it gives a wonderful fem feeling until I can doll up again.

Trisha
      Duchess

I am exactly the same way. And currently in a fogless environment. But I am always in a state underdress. Trisha is always present just not always in charge.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?