Viewing 31 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

I think one of the most feminine things to do is to have matching bra and panty sets and if possible, the cami to at least be in the same tonings. (Obviously so do the manufactures with all the matching styles on the market)

Summer is relatively easy with all the lovely camisole styles and colours around. Winter, a touch more difficult. But I have had some success with thermal camis from an Australian company called Damart

What do others do and think??

Happy (lingerie) dressing

Caty.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I often laugh at myself when I find myself setting out my under things. As they must always match and go with whatever outer clothes I plan to wear.  It’s part of the fun of being a girl.

I’m a matcher for sure. I always match my panties and bra/ bralette and like Roberta mentioned I even try to match it with what colour I’m going to be wearing.  As far as camisole’s go I do my best to match them with my bra and if wearing a v neck I’ll match sure the bit of the top that may show matching my outfit.

Anonymous

Absolutely, match or at least get close!

It’s required that Jill’s bra, panties, or panty girdle, waist cincher and slip if I’m wearing one all match.  I still don’t understand why but since I started dressing fully with my own clothes I find it necessary to coordinate my silky things.

Lucy Bancroft
      Ambassador

Oh yes, definitely!

I’ve bought 3 or 4 pairs of knickers to go with every bra I’ve got.
      And as Roberta says, they have to go with the outfit I’m wearing at the time

J J
      Lady

Do they have to match? No, but I prefer if they do, and the vast majority of the time they do match. It is less of an issue with day to day lingerie, but if I am getting dressed up, then yes, they absolutely need to be a set. The more items in a set the better.

My favorite outfit is sexy, black lace bra, panty and garters with black stockings and slip (or cami and half slip), with my LBD over it all with pearls or antique ivory necklace as the only contrast. Oh! and of course black high heels.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by J J.
      Harriette
      Lady

At the moment, I am not matching bits and pieces because my undies drawer doesn’t have enough depth to be able to do it. I am buying different designs first, to find out what works mechanically. Fit and support come first, at this stage.

Maybe later I can play around with colour matching or sets.

I have and still do buy really lovely sexy matching sets but in the past I would only wear them on special occasions but now I wear them for me because I deserve it.

Alanna

I suppose it’s nice if they do, but that’s not a prerequisite for me. Today, hot pink bikini panty & a black sports bra is working for me, covered with denim shorts & a pink tank top. You can see my bra like a black edge to the pink tank, looks ok to me. Layered clothing seems to be somewhat fashionable.

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

I’ve posted on a similar theme, but my week en femme after a 35 year hiatus is only a fortnight away and I’m planning to wear a white bra and suspender girdle with black stockings. I’ll have a suspender belt, and white stockings too. I’ll be boring you all with my adventures and may even post a pic or two.

Hugs, Chrissie.

While I like the matching look, it doesn’t always work. It really depends on the outer clothing. I wouldn’t wear a dark bra under a light top just because I had on dark panties.

I don’t have any matching panty’s or bra’s. I do look for matching colors when ever I’m shopping. As far as what I wear sometimes I like to wear a darker bra under a lighter top or dress as I guess I’m kinda into that look, I bought a darker flowered bra and it really shows through when I wear a white top……  LOL

I love that contrasting “bra/top” look as well, Becky…not only part of the illusion for me, but I also hope stimulates the imagination of anyone who just might be watching…!!!

For me, yes !!

I am anal for having my under things match.  If I pick a black pantie, then bra, tights, shapewear, cami all have to be black.

Same goes for nude coloured.  Like you said, each manufacturer has different shades to wearing a nude coloured doesn’t match exactly.

I used to wear white but I couldn’t find white bra or white shapewear that fits.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

If I’m getting dressed up most definitely my lingerie has to match but dressing for work wearing my work bras they have to match in color or at least accent each other. Funny since I’m the only who usually sees them  but it’s important to me to look my best if I can.

Angela Wagner
      Managing Ambassador

I must confess, I don’t try to match my undergarments at all. A lot of what I wear is shape-wear, and I’m more concerned with functionality, not style. I’m much more interested in what can be seen — my dresses, blouses, skirts, pants, shoes, etc. I want my outfits to be well-coordinated and to look stylish. I just don’t care that much about coordinating what doesn’t show.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Definitely not.  I don’t have the time or inclination to shop for matching sets.  To each her own.  I do match colors at least.  Partial credit?

/EA

Harriette
        Lady

I respect that. It is difficult enough trying to get the correct sized bra let alone trying to match it up with the correct sized bottom.

Having said that, I just now ordered my first set. It is fairly formless, so fingers crossed. 🥳

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

An addendum to this comment.  And maybe a bit off topic.

Comfort and cost became important considerations when I started wearing lingerie every day.  I often find that a brand may have comfortable panties but their bras come up short, or vice versa.  The brands I know of that have comfortable bras and panties tend to be expensive.  Their matching sets are even more expensive.

My current go-to panties by Freya are very comfortable, durable, pretty, and reasonably priced.  Their bras don’t fit well.  Conversely, my go-to bra brands right now are Maidenform and Leading Lady.  They fit, are reasonably comfortable, and a bargain.  I don’t like their panties at all.

I have several bras from Prima Donna….from when I still wore breast forms.  They are the most comfortable bras I’ve ever worn.  Unfortunately Prima Donna doesn’t make bras in my current size.  I would gladly buy them if they did, despite the substantial cost.  They’re that good.  And they last forever.  When worn daily, 2 PD bras will last longer than 5-6 of most cheaper brands.  Prima Donna panties are crazy expensive…..$50+ with many in the $75-100 range.  I doubt they’re more comfortable than my Freya panties and they cost 4-5x more.  If I hit the lottery I’ll buy a few pairs….maybe even a few matching sets!

/EA

Anonymous

Yes, I very much prefer to wear lingerie that matches my outfit, and of course matching bra/party sets.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

The only time my bra and panty match is when I’ve decided that combo is the best match for the clothes I’m wearing. For me, the match with clothing is always the deciding factor. The most common match I get is black.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Thanks to all the “thankers” and “responders”. No disrespect or ill feeling to the “non matchers”, but t’would seem we “matchers” are in the majority.

I dont always go to the extent that “outers” must match “inners”, but as quite a few lovely ladies have stated, this is not uncommon.

So “ta” to all of you (Australian slang for thanks)

Caty.

I don’t go out of the way to purchase matching sets at the stores, but I will normally match the color of the lingerie I wear. For example, if I pick out a nice pair of white panties then whatever else I wear (bra, cami, slip, garter belt) will also normally be white as well.

Hugs,

Emily

Lea
      Lady

I have a wonderful bra collection and only recently bought some random panties. Black panties seem to match well with many bras. I do like to be  coordinated. Maybe it’s from those magazine ads I remember seeing as a teen…those women always wore matching bra and panty sets.

J J
        Lady

I was just thinking the same thing. Many of us grew up on print lingerie catalogs like Sears and the photos were mostly full body shots and all the lingerie matched. My formative years as a young adult when I first experience the wonders of the female form first hand Bictoria’s Secret Catalogs would arrive frequently in the mail. I loved to peruse those pages and buy matching sets for.my new wife. She would look amazing in a match g nra, panty and garters, and I would flip through the pages while she modeled for me, so it is no wonder I enjoy matching lingerie sets. I didn’t wear lingerie then, other then the odd panty, but it was not long before I was dseiring such pretty things for myself, which is what set me on the road to dressing, that and the great sex when I did wear some lingerie. I blame my wife for.my dressing because she always pleased me so well when I wore her matching bra and panties.

Becka
      Lady

I don’t get to wear bras often but yes, everything has to match. Doesn’t have to be the same colors, but has to blend very well.

Blues, reds even shade of black and gray, greens, browns (beige/tan), pants, shirt, panties, camisole, shoes, all have to go!

I pride myself on doing so. This is carry over from even when DRAB. Everything goes.

Just feels (and looks) so much better

I guess I’m an aspiring matcher. I don’t wear bras much; I’m more likely to wear a bralette but even that’s not terribly common. If there’s a chance that someone will see me in my undergarments, then they have to match as much as possible and they have to coordinate with the rest of my ensemble. I’m still trying to zero in on styles and brands that work for me so I’ve yet to buy an actual set. I’m also still working toward my goal weight. When I hit that, my wife is taking me lingerie shopping.

You will need to tell us all about your lingerie trip when it happens Nikki!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

For “reasons” I can’t alway have them match, but I prefer it that way.

I wear a bra, panty and camisole every day. I do enjoy matching lingerie. If the panty has a pattern, e.g., pink and white floral pattern, the bra and cami will be a solid color (pink or white). If the cami has a pattern when the bra and panty will be a solid color and if the bra has a pattern then the panty and cami get the solid color treatment. just pulled out all my cotton panties for summer which I will wear from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Absolutely not. I change my panties every day, but will wear the same bra multiple times before washing it. Plus, my bra may depend on what I’m wearing on top so it doesn’t show.

I only own one matching bra/panty animal-print set that was fortunately an Amazon “daily deal” and able in find in my size…could NOT pass on this and so happy I didn’t. My lingerie inventory is not as extensive as it has been in the past, but what I wear must at the least, be “color coordinated”…I do NOT consider myself a “fashion plate”, but this is my one and only simple rule…after all, the same applies to “wearing clean underwear if you’re ever in an accident”…I must also be “coordinated”…hahaha….!!!

I’m in the matching camp also.  Don’t have the extensive wardrobe like other ladies have, but make a point my outfit matches.  Like JJ, grew up in the Sears catalog.  Love my sky blue,  future buys will be lesser worn colors.

ChloeC
      Duchess

I vary back and forth, although I’m not dressing quite as often as I would.  Right now I’m into matching which I really like (tho it is funny because once into a dress or slacks and top, it really doesn’t matter all that much, but, well, you know).  The bra is a little smaller than I would like, but the color is my favorite.  I’ll probably switch back to the taupe ones sometime in the future.  All depends on how I’m feeling at the moment.

Hugs, ChloëC

My bra and panties generally do not match on a daily basis. I have a few bras with matching panties. However, as I am able to wear a bra multiple days, the coordination between bra and panties is usually a 1 day occasional occurrence.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Oh yes! But most of my bras and panties are not lingerie! My true lingerie has matching Babydoll’s, Bras, Garters and different matching panties!

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?