- June 2, 2023 at 1:02 am #742181Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 144Replies: 1414Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6278 times
I think one of the most feminine things to do is to have matching bra and panty sets and if possible, the cami to at least be in the same tonings. (Obviously so do the manufactures with all the matching styles on the market)
Summer is relatively easy with all the lovely camisole styles and colours around. Winter, a touch more difficult. But I have had some success with thermal camis from an Australian company called Damart
What do others do and think??
Happy (lingerie) dressing
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- June 4, 2023 at 2:00 pm #742657Brenda MaidenformLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 137Has thanked: 232 timesBeen thanked: 603 times
- June 4, 2023 at 10:28 am #742615MacKenzie AlexandraDuchessRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 737Has thanked: 224 timesBeen thanked: 2184 times
My bra and panties generally do not match on a daily basis. I have a few bras with matching panties. However, as I am able to wear a bra multiple days, the coordination between bra and panties is usually a 1 day occasional occurrence.
- June 4, 2023 at 10:18 am #742614ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 783Has thanked: 3115 timesBeen thanked: 3857 times
I vary back and forth, although I’m not dressing quite as often as I would. Right now I’m into matching which I really like (tho it is funny because once into a dress or slacks and top, it really doesn’t matter all that much, but, well, you know). The bra is a little smaller than I would like, but the color is my favorite. I’ll probably switch back to the taupe ones sometime in the future. All depends on how I’m feeling at the moment.
- June 4, 2023 at 9:46 am #742611Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 375Has thanked: 588 timesBeen thanked: 1315 times
I’m in the matching camp also. Don’t have the extensive wardrobe like other ladies have, but make a point my outfit matches. Like JJ, grew up in the Sears catalog. Love my sky blue, future buys will be lesser worn colors.
- June 4, 2023 at 8:06 am #742596Tiny TinkerbellLadyRegistered On: May 19, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 83Has thanked: 1049 timesBeen thanked: 287 times
I only own one matching bra/panty animal-print set that was fortunately an Amazon “daily deal” and able in find in my size…could NOT pass on this and so happy I didn’t. My lingerie inventory is not as extensive as it has been in the past, but what I wear must at the least, be “color coordinated”…I do NOT consider myself a “fashion plate”, but this is my one and only simple rule…after all, the same applies to “wearing clean underwear if you’re ever in an accident”…I must also be “coordinated”…hahaha….!!!
- June 4, 2023 at 6:18 am #742582Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 17Replies: 1196Has thanked: 923 timesBeen thanked: 5030 times
- June 3, 2023 at 11:48 am #742465Kara McNallyLadyRegistered On: November 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 84Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 324 times
I wear a bra, panty and camisole every day. I do enjoy matching lingerie. If the panty has a pattern, e.g., pink and white floral pattern, the bra and cami will be a solid color (pink or white). If the cami has a pattern when the bra and panty will be a solid color and if the bra has a pattern then the panty and cami get the solid color treatment. just pulled out all my cotton panties for summer which I will wear from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- June 3, 2023 at 8:48 am #742421
- June 3, 2023 at 8:21 am #742416Nikki Just NikkiLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 228Has thanked: 1496 timesBeen thanked: 1455 times
I guess I’m an aspiring matcher. I don’t wear bras much; I’m more likely to wear a bralette but even that’s not terribly common. If there’s a chance that someone will see me in my undergarments, then they have to match as much as possible and they have to coordinate with the rest of my ensemble. I’m still trying to zero in on styles and brands that work for me so I’ve yet to buy an actual set. I’m also still working toward my goal weight. When I hit that, my wife is taking me lingerie shopping.
- June 3, 2023 at 10:30 am #742458
- June 3, 2023 at 7:40 am #742406BeckaLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 120Replies: 1312Has thanked: 914 timesBeen thanked: 3921 times
I don’t get to wear bras often but yes, everything has to match. Doesn’t have to be the same colors, but has to blend very well.
Blues, reds even shade of black and gray, greens, browns (beige/tan), pants, shirt, panties, camisole, shoes, all have to go!
I pride myself on doing so. This is carry over from even when DRAB. Everything goes.
Just feels (and looks) so much better
- June 2, 2023 at 10:09 pm #742315LeaLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2016Topics: 101Replies: 417Has thanked: 865 timesBeen thanked: 2193 times
I have a wonderful bra collection and only recently bought some random panties. Black panties seem to match well with many bras. I do like to be coordinated. Maybe it’s from those magazine ads I remember seeing as a teen…those women always wore matching bra and panty sets.
- June 4, 2023 at 8:38 am #742605J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1021Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 4286 times
I was just thinking the same thing. Many of us grew up on print lingerie catalogs like Sears and the photos were mostly full body shots and all the lingerie matched. My formative years as a young adult when I first experience the wonders of the female form first hand Bictoria’s Secret Catalogs would arrive frequently in the mail. I loved to peruse those pages and buy matching sets for.my new wife. She would look amazing in a match g nra, panty and garters, and I would flip through the pages while she modeled for me, so it is no wonder I enjoy matching lingerie sets. I didn’t wear lingerie then, other then the odd panty, but it was not long before I was dseiring such pretty things for myself, which is what set me on the road to dressing, that and the great sex when I did wear some lingerie. I blame my wife for.my dressing because she always pleased me so well when I wore her matching bra and panties.
- June 2, 2023 at 8:55 pm #742309Emily LaceLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 202Has thanked: 1132 timesBeen thanked: 1247 times
I don’t go out of the way to purchase matching sets at the stores, but I will normally match the color of the lingerie I wear. For example, if I pick out a nice pair of white panties then whatever else I wear (bra, cami, slip, garter belt) will also normally be white as well.
- June 2, 2023 at 2:54 pm #742265Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 144Replies: 1414Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6278 times
Thanks to all the “thankers” and “responders”. No disrespect or ill feeling to the “non matchers”, but t’would seem we “matchers” are in the majority.
I dont always go to the extent that “outers” must match “inners”, but as quite a few lovely ladies have stated, this is not uncommon.
So “ta” to all of you (Australian slang for thanks)
- June 2, 2023 at 2:37 pm #742264Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 790Has thanked: 657 timesBeen thanked: 3485 times
- June 2, 2023 at 10:03 am #742230
- June 2, 2023 at 9:54 am #742229Emily AltManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 1749Has thanked: 2199 timesBeen thanked: 9234 times
- June 2, 2023 at 1:48 pm #742262Emily AltManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 1749Has thanked: 2199 timesBeen thanked: 9234 times
An addendum to this comment. And maybe a bit off topic.
Comfort and cost became important considerations when I started wearing lingerie every day. I often find that a brand may have comfortable panties but their bras come up short, or vice versa. The brands I know of that have comfortable bras and panties tend to be expensive. Their matching sets are even more expensive.
My current go-to panties by Freya are very comfortable, durable, pretty, and reasonably priced. Their bras don’t fit well. Conversely, my go-to bra brands right now are Maidenform and Leading Lady. They fit, are reasonably comfortable, and a bargain. I don’t like their panties at all.
I have several bras from Prima Donna….from when I still wore breast forms. They are the most comfortable bras I’ve ever worn. Unfortunately Prima Donna doesn’t make bras in my current size. I would gladly buy them if they did, despite the substantial cost. They’re that good. And they last forever. When worn daily, 2 PD bras will last longer than 5-6 of most cheaper brands. Prima Donna panties are crazy expensive…..$50+ with many in the $75-100 range. I doubt they’re more comfortable than my Freya panties and they cost 4-5x more. If I hit the lottery I’ll buy a few pairs….maybe even a few matching sets!
- June 2, 2023 at 10:41 am #742235HarrietteLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2023Topics: 14Replies: 800Has thanked: 2817 timesBeen thanked: 1884 times
I respect that. It is difficult enough trying to get the correct sized bra let alone trying to match it up with the correct sized bottom.
Having said that, I just now ordered my first set. It is fairly formless, so fingers crossed. 🥳
- June 2, 2023 at 8:33 am #742223Angela WagnerAmbassadorRegistered On: February 22, 2023Topics: 3Replies: 101Has thanked: 987 timesBeen thanked: 643 times
I must confess, I don’t try to match my undergarments at all. A lot of what I wear is shape-wear, and I’m more concerned with functionality, not style. I’m much more interested in what can be seen — my dresses, blouses, skirts, pants, shoes, etc. I want my outfits to be well-coordinated and to look stylish. I just don’t care that much about coordinating what doesn’t show.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Angela Wagner.
- June 2, 2023 at 7:36 am #742218Sherri RemingtonDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 8, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 331Has thanked: 285 timesBeen thanked: 1296 times
If I’m getting dressed up most definitely my lingerie has to match but dressing for work wearing my work bras they have to match in color or at least accent each other. Funny since I’m the only who usually sees them but it’s important to me to look my best if I can.
- June 2, 2023 at 6:57 am #742214Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 999Has thanked: 1081 timesBeen thanked: 4644 times
For me, yes !!
I am anal for having my under things match. If I pick a black pantie, then bra, tights, shapewear, cami all have to be black.
Same goes for nude coloured. Like you said, each manufacturer has different shades to wearing a nude coloured doesn’t match exactly.
I used to wear white but I couldn’t find white bra or white shapewear that fits.
- June 2, 2023 at 6:37 am #742212Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 215Has thanked: 3061 timesBeen thanked: 898 times
I don’t have any matching panty’s or bra’s. I do look for matching colors when ever I’m shopping. As far as what I wear sometimes I like to wear a darker bra under a lighter top or dress as I guess I’m kinda into that look, I bought a darker flowered bra and it really shows through when I wear a white top…… LOL
- June 2, 2023 at 6:13 am #742211Jennifer AtwellLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 107Has thanked: 450 timesBeen thanked: 368 times
- June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am #742209Chrissie SmithBaronessRegistered On: March 13, 2023Topics: 21Replies: 174Has thanked: 522 timesBeen thanked: 760 times
I’ve posted on a similar theme, but my week en femme after a 35 year hiatus is only a fortnight away and I’m planning to wear a white bra and suspender girdle with black stockings. I’ll have a suspender belt, and white stockings too. I’ll be boring you all with my adventures and may even post a pic or two.
- June 2, 2023 at 5:55 am #742206Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 37Replies: 549Has thanked: 753 timesBeen thanked: 1735 times
I suppose it’s nice if they do, but that’s not a prerequisite for me. Today, hot pink bikini panty & a black sports bra is working for me, covered with denim shorts & a pink tank top. You can see my bra like a black edge to the pink tank, looks ok to me. Layered clothing seems to be somewhat fashionable.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Michaela Jane.
- June 2, 2023 at 5:50 am #742205Alanna RossRegistered On: May 25, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 43Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
- June 2, 2023 at 5:40 am #742203HarrietteLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2023Topics: 14Replies: 800Has thanked: 2817 timesBeen thanked: 1884 times
At the moment, I am not matching bits and pieces because my undies drawer doesn’t have enough depth to be able to do it. I am buying different designs first, to find out what works mechanically. Fit and support come first, at this stage.
Maybe later I can play around with colour matching or sets.
- June 2, 2023 at 5:08 am #742199LadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1021Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 4286 times
Do they have to match? No, but I prefer if they do, and the vast majority of the time they do match. It is less of an issue with day to day lingerie, but if I am getting dressed up, then yes, they absolutely need to be a set. The more items in a set the better.
My favorite outfit is sexy, black lace bra, panty and garters with black stockings and slip (or cami and half slip), with my LBD over it all with pearls or antique ivory necklace as the only contrast. Oh! and of course black high heels.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by J J.
- June 2, 2023 at 4:10 am #742195Lucy BancroftLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 95Has thanked: 290 timesBeen thanked: 408 times
- June 2, 2023 at 4:08 am #742193Jill EdinaLadyRegistered On: January 28, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 158Has thanked: 711 timesBeen thanked: 687 times
It’s required that Jill’s bra, panties, or panty girdle, waist cincher and slip if I’m wearing one all match. I still don’t understand why but since I started dressing fully with my own clothes I find it necessary to coordinate my silky things.
- June 2, 2023 at 4:03 am #742192
- June 2, 2023 at 2:09 am #742185Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 920Has thanked: 3335 timesBeen thanked: 4721 times
I’m a matcher for sure. I always match my panties and bra/ bralette and like Roberta mentioned I even try to match it with what colour I’m going to be wearing. As far as camisole’s go I do my best to match them with my bra and if wearing a v neck I’ll match sure the bit of the top that may show matching my outfit.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Ashley Konners.
- June 2, 2023 at 1:23 am #742182Roberta BroussardDuchessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 671Has thanked: 8711 timesBeen thanked: 3432 times
I often laugh at myself when I find myself setting out my under things. As they must always match and go with whatever outer clothes I plan to wear. It’s part of the fun of being a girl.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.