Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi gals, I’m a Brit.

I have found that as Trisha I found I love more feminine words and particularly more American words like honey, fabulous and gorgeous ect.

In Drab though I HATE Americanisms, no offence for those across the pond. I call it a bastardisation of the English language and would rather Americans rename the language American, again no offense meant, I love all you American gals, just not you language.

In Drab I find Americanisms annoying. Mainly because been constantly having to change Zs to S’s. I love the friendliness of it though. That’s probably why as Trish I use American words.

My question is does your alter ego speak in a different accent per say to your drab form.

Love Tish

Ps I really do mean no offense to my American sisters.

Anonymous

No offense taken T.L.L.

At 74, I have lived all over the country.

I have heard many accents, & can I.D. them , as a game. The South  V.  Northern phrasing, intonation, and rhythms change dramatically.  Even within  some States in the U.S. , have very differential speaking phrasing. I never liked So. African accents. Australian, not my favorite accents.  English Island accents are all fun.

Oh well…just so We All Understand each other…that’s the Main Thing!

Love to all…

Dr. T.J.

Anonymous

Hi Trisha I’ve not found my female voice yet so just sound the same when I’m in drab as when I’m dressed as Rozalyne, i do think and act differently when I’m dressed as Rozalyne,

I always act more feminine when I’m dressed as Rozalyne i can’t really explain why i just do x

Hugs Rozalyne x

Anonymous

I haven’t actually spoken as my feminine alter ego. However I certainly think and write differently. In fact my words flow much better when thinking like Charlotte and I agree the words I use and sentence structures feel more feminine. It feels lighter and I feel much freer in how I express myself.

It would lovely to speak to someone as Charlotte, perhaps a little daunting. Maybe I need to have a practice, perhaps not record myself as I would cringe at the sound of my own voice.

I do struggle to express myself as a male, it sometimes feels quite forced and not genuine. I hope that being on CDH and communicating as Charlotte will eventually allow me to express myself as Charlotte in some way in the open.

Actually, today as we were opening presents, and makeup gifts were given to the female members of my family, I was acting a little like Charlotte, in expressing my interest. There was also a pang of sadness too. xxx

Hi Charlotte. Love your name, have two close connection s with it. I know what you mean. As a man I find I just say what I need to to fit into the situation or person I’m talking to. Like a mirror.

Trish on the other hand is softer, freer to express herself. give her thoughts more freely and tbh takes less nonsense her counterpart.

If you can tell someone you think can take your femme side. A GG if possible. It brings your feminine side out brilliantly. I don’t have a fem voice yet but Im finding it and convosation helps.

Love Tish

Anonymous

How y’all doin’? We both speak Southern, but Bettylou is more soft-spoken, and much to my suprise, her voice moves up to a femme pitch without conscious effort…a real surprise, since I haven’t been working on it for long.

Not an accent, per se, but my speech patterns, and vocabulary? most definitely. As Regi, I speak like a well refined lady, as him, just as a boor, lol
      Regi.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

My female self (I prefer female self vs alter ego) speaks the same way as my male self, which is in the Atlanta dialect of Georgia-style Southern English.  Well, maybe not exactly the same, since I am a bit more refined and softer-spoken, as my female self.  I try to move like a lady too.  A true southern lady is graceful and thus, speaks and acts like a lady at all times.

Americanisms?  What can one say?  Two countries separated by a common language.

Hi Peggy, I’ll admit it doesn’t sound American, but does feel it. I’m a Mancunian and the words I used aren’t. More Texan I think. Mancs say stuff lol me you al’right love, swear, yes even the more graceful sex, just less often and it’s just generally a more urban feel.

As Trish I’d rather use an inuendo than swear, I love them. Everyone is honey, though Trish is yet to speak to a man. Think it would kill my dad if he heard Trish speak.

My male side is a cook however and swears, shouts and is generally a windup merchant. Sort of the annoying heart of the restaurant. We both love to dance though. You don’t want to see or hear a restaurant when the cook is angery.

Love Trish

For the most part, no, I don’t speak differently.  I do try to change my voice by projecting some of it nasally to give it a smaller sound, but otherwise I think I’m pretty much the same.

There are a few exceptions.  If something looks really attractive on someone I know, my femme self would probably use the word gorgeous, where my male self wouldn’t.  In restaurants, if I remember, I try to order by saying “I’d like …” rather than “I’ll have ….”  But the “I’d like …” rather than “I’ll have” is a conscious effort to use a phrase used by women, not something that comes automatically to me.

Anonymous
      Lady

I’m 100% sure that I’ve never said ‘Totes Adorbs!’ as my man self, but I say it a LOT as Tara  🙂

Is that one of our Americanisms?  🙂  (I’m giving you some trouble there, girlie!)

*kisses* tara 🙂

Hi honey, that definitely counts. TBH I’ve seen you say it a few times and dont full understand what it means. It gets lost in translation. Don’t tell my drab guy but I kinda like it even if I don’t understand it. Gals secret.

Love Trish

Anonymous
          Lady

HA!!  It’s a shortened version of Totally Adorable  🙂

Prudence
      Ambassador

Trish, no offense takin’!  I am not so sure if it is the pitch or anything. I’m just more like a Girl. Phrases and a female point of view!!!    Nice question.  Hugs Pru

Elaine
      Duchess

There are some phrases I use en femme that I don’t use in drab but can’t think of any right now.

But concerning we Americans use of language – if it weren’t for the French we would be speaking English.

Anonymous

Trisha!!!

格蕾丝亲自爱她所有的美国姐妹之吻

(Whisper……if someone wearing a fedora and a long overcoat, carrying a violin case knocks on your door…

don’t answer)

Smiles, grace xx

沒有冒犯的意思,但隨後他冒犯了三遍

Anonymous

Haha

三击,你就出门发车

xx

Hippie
      Lady

Nope, no way. Wearing womens clothes dont stop me from being rude, abnockios, (sorry im a bad speller and spell check is not working today) an asshole, or anything else.

I let the real me show though no matter what I am wearing. I guess that would make me a bad actor.

I think it’s makes you comfortable in you own skin. More power to you for it.

Love Trish

That is fascinating. I find that when I am in Monica mode, I speak softer and more paused. That’s the only difference I perceive.

Hi Trisha!

I can totally understand the British perspective that we Americans have indeed impacted the English language in ways that a proper Brit might find unpleasant…..

But at least we saved pudding. What is that God awful stuff you Brits call pudding? Blech!!

hugs

Autumn

I really don’t want to start a whole thing with you Trisha, but after reading this post and then getting on with my day, it sort of stuck with me. First a little background on me; I am Canadian, a Quebecer, and was born in South America. Of my five favorite people here at CDH, three are from Great Britain. My dear departed Mother was a huge Anglophile, I grew up with a picture of Queen Elizabeth in our living room, I accompanied my mother to our local highland games in the summer, and I was offended by your remark.

A pet peeve of mine, and I’m certain many others, is when people say no offense but… because they always then proceed to be offensive. The phrase “Bastardisation of the English language” has been said by so many people so many times and the meaning has always been clearly understood. When I read that the first thing I thought of another old hat arrogant expression uttered by many Americans over the years ‘If it weren’t for us you’d all be speaking German’, if I were British I’d be offended by that. Stretching out this point a bit we should also toss in the French and Spanish as well. I live in Quebec and we are all keenly aware of what many people in France think of us. I was married in Spain and am well acquainted with their view of how their language is spoken in other countries, so this whole bastardisation angle is certainly not unique to the English language.

Technically you are correct in calling it bastardisation, but that doesn’t make it a very nice thing to say Trisha. At the risk of speaking for anybody else, I can promise you I was not the only one offended, it’s just that most people here at CDH are too nice and non-confrontational to say anything.

Anonymous

I agree, to me rather then be upset with how the person says what they have to say , it is more important to listen to what they have to say than how they said it person to person conversation is becoming a thing of the past with emails, texts and zoom ,call me old fashioned but I still love to visit in person and love how different people actually talk, many times I have caught myself thinking ( I really enjoyed listening to that person ) I would like to add also that as a CD I love to listen to many women express themselves and try to mimic some of their expressions and mannerism

Getting on topic I think its a good point. When behaving as a lady I try to pronounce my words more clearly and speak slower. As a girl I use a lot of expressions and words from the younger generation such as “like” peppered in a sentence and words like honey,sweetie,and love. I have fun with it in my roleplaying. Regarding language lets not confuse dialect with language. We adore English when spoken properly like the queens english but some dialects like scots are so difficult. I know enough spanish to see the difference when spoken from someone in south america vs Mexico or cuba or Spain. Every language has many dialects

Anonymous

In answer to this question I would say that I am an American trapped inside a British guys body, I have and constantly practise my sexy American accent although it’s a bit manly because I’m using his voice box 😂 but on my last website I joined, I did entertain a few guys on camera using my American accent which they seemed to like.
      each to their own I guess. 🙂

Stacey 💋

I have to say that we have far worse Englishisms than almost any Americanism…

“Woke”, “boomer”, literally – a huge number of words to be irritated by.

And people who start a sentence with “So…” – they’ve lost me at that point. The instant I hear “So” at the beginning of a sentence, I know that what follows is not going to be well thought out or interesting.

It’s worse than “Basically”, which is always the prequel to a technical monologue showing that the speaker has no idea what they’re talking about, but uses the word “Basically” to encourage the audience to think they must be stupid if they don’t understand this bit.

“Actually” seems to have been dropped recently, thankfully.

I had a computing lecturer who used to combine thse to horrific effect:

So, basically what we’ve actually got is your actual basic data structure. So literally, it’s actually data in a basic, actual and literal structure.

I wish I’d recorded him to shake off accusations of exaggeration!

When I’m full on Laura, I drop most of my outward scepticism and become superficially fluffy – I will talk to anyone about anything and be enthused by whatever they like, and encourage them to talk, while not sparing the giggly airheaded blonde (me!) her chance to let her loving character shine.

Unless she has her boundaries breached – then she spits venom. I worry about that a little, but the reaction (it’s always men who try to take liberties) is almost always an abject apology, so I think it’s worth it.

No-one wants to be the one who upset the funny lady who has all the bouncers on first name terms, and gets called darling by them – and yes, I do milk that.

Call me devious or anything you like, but touch my butt and you’re toast 😁

The last few days Grace gave me my first laugh of the day, today it was you Laura, thanks for that.

So, you are two different people?

Actually there’s a name for that.

Sal.x

I find Trish is everything my drab side isn’t. Shes quietly confident, drab is loud at work but just wants to blend in. She doesn’t.

Live Trish

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?