Viewing 42 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Last week I started this poll, but messed up the questions.  The following questions should have been included.  Below is an abbreviated intro.

So, here’s the thing!  As I reminisce, I wonder how many of you all enjoy food preparation and/or other traditionally feminine endeavors while dressed.  My questions are designed to elicit responses that display an appreciation for femininity that envelops the equal-but-different components of all those on the gender continuum.  And . . . whether we acknowledge it or not, we are all on that continuum somewhere.

K Swim
      Lady

Since I live alone, I am responsible for ALL the chores. Since there is no one to hide from while doing the chores indoors, I will almost always be dressed. Outdoors I am wearing my normal male type clothes. No, I don’t expose my secret. Plus, pushing the lawn mower or shoveling snow while wearing women’s swimwear would not work out so well, even if I still had full privacy outdoors.

I enjoy doing round the house chores while dressed.  So if anything needs doing while my SO is out I have lots of fun doing the chores – things like taking out the rubbish, laundry, cleaning, dish washing, sewing repairs (replacing buttons etc). If I’m home alone for a while I enjoy preparing and eating my meals.

When I started crossdressing again a few years back I found doing the chores very helpful – I got used to wearing a skirt/dress while doing things and also the right way to bend to pick things up.

As with K, I live alone so I will almost always be dressed too. Outside, I have some small privacy and can walk in parts of my yard dressed but rarely do. Further afield, I am always underdressed, often with bra & forms under my drab.

Anonymous

Always have on girly things when cooking or doing housework. I also wear skirts when doing yard work too. I love hiking skirts and they are so much cooler to wear and yes the mailman has seen me in my skirts cutting grass many times as well the neighbors. I usually wear t-shirt dressed doing housework or capri leggings.

Carla

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi……for me dressed in really short cut of jeans……….thick athletic socks (pink) and a camisole or just a bra so I feel the long hair on my back makes me feel energized and eager to work when alone.    Getting all sweaty is a turn on and work even harder.   I have a sweatshirt at the door to put on when going outside……….sometimes I forget……..having so much “fun”……..oopps!  I have a SO ” APPROVED” pony tail.  Love to see the shadow when working outside. SO has no idea !!  My  man shorts are frayed at the leg openings and almost look like girl shorts. Wearing panties underneath feels so girly with the pony tail.  I get the chores done without complaint. It’s semi-dress up in plain sight and helps take the edge off of not having full dress up time…………….karley

Janice
      Duchess

Being a widow, I am fully dressed every day. All the chores are up to me. It feels so natural for Janice to do them. I feel I am female and only male for family.

I have a semi-private yard so I enjoy meals and relaxing on the patio. The neighbor across the street had seen Janice getting in her car to go shopping (my favorite ch

ore). They accept Janice which is very gratifying. Good luck ladies. Stay happy.

It’s much more enjoyable dressing up to do chores like cleaning, shopping or running errands.

Alice

Anonymous

Great timing for this poll. It just happened that I had big cooking chores (and some laundry) to do when I got home from church. Changed to a denim skirt, leggings and ballet flats for the rest of the day, and went after it. It was a great day; wife even complemented me on my casserole…it makes a girl feel good to hear that.
      I’m always partially “dressed”; just a bit more so today, and I liked it.

When the opportunity arises I love to do chores dressed, feels different and nice. Have done house repairs and painting dressed, unexpected restrictions due to the breast forms getting in the way!
      Davina

Being closeted, I don’t get to cook and do chores as Anne but the last time my SO was gone for days in July, I loved being dressed and cooking outside in the backyard.  Our backyard is fairly private but our whole property is not private enough that I can do outdoor chores dressed.  Inside though, I loved being dressed and cooking inside as well as doing indoor chores as Anne.  Holding that cucumber while preparing a salad though really had my thoughts going elsewhere.

After the bride came home early one afternoon and found a fully dressed and made-up Kathy vacuuming the house she admonished me to not let her see me dressed, but, she gave me a day of the week when Kathy can do the house work.  Fair trade off, if you ask me.  Unfortunately, she does not like me to refer to Kathy, so, she calls her weekly maid “Olga” when she makes a request for some out of the ordinary housework.

Now, when I do housework, I usually wear a flippy sundress or house dress, although, capris and a tank are comfy too.  One of the best days of the week!

Kathy I think that is a wonderful compromise !
        Hugs

I just have to get totally over-the-top glam to do chores. Ironing with high heels and long fake nails. Glam baking. Washing dishes looking fabulous with pink rubber gloves. The chores take ages cos I have to keep touching up my makeup but wow, I really enjoy it!

Sophie

btw – don’t vacuum in high heels – way too dangerous girls. Stay safe

Anonymous

Why? What happened to you?

I always vacuum in heels when I have the opportunity – I feel like the old school misogynist adverts!!!

^sings* “Do the shake and vac…”!

https://youtu.be/I8CTscW3dpI

Love Laura

Anonymous

More Hoover misogyny, this time with one Mr Brian Johnson doing the vocals.

He did the advert on the way to his audition for AC/DC, back in 1980.

He wasn’t sure if he was going to get the gig with the band, but the advert was definite cash in his pocket, so it didn’t matter that it made him a bit late to audition for the band he was going to help make one of the biggest in history!

https://youtu.be/JF1HEjaxC3w

Brian rocks!!!

Love Laura

As I spend most every day dressed, what I choose to wear depends entirely on the chores I have on schedule for the day.  Anything that requires scrubbing and rubber gloves (cleaning under the sinks, scrubbing tile, etc.) you will find me in short’s and t-shirt with slip on tennies, fully under dressed of course in bra and panties.

Laundry and/or dishes can be just about anything as long as it is femme, from jeans to sundress or about anything casual.  Vacuuming and dusting type of chores sometimes I go for the June Cleaver look, even with the faux pearl necklace and earrings.

Really it just depends on the mood I am in when I get up out of bed.

PaulaF

Inside the sky is the limit. Over the years I have cooked meals in a slip, bra and hose, dress, bra and hose, etc. Cleaning chores in a cat suit. I have done interior painting in a body suit and hose. I also have a favorite long skirt, bra and top I wear. My SO thinks I am crazy but, I am just having fun.

When I am dressed as Genivieve, I find that I enjoy housework more and I do a better job. I love to vacuum in heels! I read that some ladies do housework in their bra and panties. I’ve done that too but added the heels. Doing the housework in heels is very good practice for becoming comfortable in your heels girls!

I actually do dress a bit more femme when I do my chores. I think it goes back to when I first told my wife I wanted to dress and she would take the kids shopping for a few hours so I could dress and do chores in private.

Hi Falecia !
      Great topic. I am not voting as yet. My schedule lately has allowed almost zero Autumn time, compound that with a live in adult Son who has been unemployed for a couple of months. He starts a new job next week, Thank God, and my work schedule might be about to give me a short break. Since my wife doesn’t know and I haven’t had the privacy necessary to do any chores dressed….. I’ll reserve my vote for sometime in the future. Hopefully after having the talk with my wife, and hopefully with her acceptance.
      Hugs
      Autumn

When I’m not in work I’m fully dressed en femme. That means that I do all my domiciliary tasks in femme mode, dressed in a skirt and blouse or some other top or a dress and possibly a cardigan. If I’m doing at task that could soil my clothing then I will wear an apron or a tabard and I have special aprons to wear whilst doing food prep.

Simple as.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

I had the house all to myself Memorial Day weekend 2019. My daughter’s bathroom needed a major cleaning, so I cleaned it wearing only my bra, panty, and garter belt with lace topped sheer stockings.

Ashley
      Lady

I think it would be fun to prepare a full mean while dressed, but so far the closest I’ve gotten to that is making myself a snack with tea or coffee.

I’ve unloaded the dishwasher and put the dishes away while dressed a few time.

I’ve also taken out the trash, but that’s easy since our yard has lots of privacy. One time when I was up late one weekend while dressed, I heard the newspaper being delivered, and gathered up enough courage to go out front and get it. It was 3 AM or so, so of course nobody saw me, (I also waited till the delivery person was off my street) but it was exciting!

I live alone, so I am always doing cooking and cleaning,  dressed.  Heels always, maids outfit or a swimsuit if its hot, dresses , sometime jeans,  .  I have a small apartment and have to go to laundry room, I still am under dressed, and have pads with jeans.  There are 2 couples and a single guy that live in the same building that  I also work with.  But they are very accepting.  So it does not matter too much.   But I do enjoy dressing while do chores or just  lounging.

Hugs!,  Kristen Lee

Anonymous

The October after I came out to my wife, I bought a French Maid costume.  She love it when the maid comes to work.

I have a french maids out that my SO prefers me to wear while I’m doing my chores. Whether she’s home or not, I always wear it😀

Anonymous

When I am home alone I am dressed 95% of the time. I do all my cleaning dressed. I don’t know why but the male in me is a slob so it’s a good thing I found Erica inside me. My S/O thinks I am a neat freak but that’s only because “Erica” cleans before my S/O comes over. She is aware of the fact I dress to an extent but has not seen me fully dressed yet. Only has seen me in panties because I forgot what I was wearing one day.

Anonymous

I don’t get the chance to do chores dressed up, unfortunately.  Last summer I did get the chance to spend a few hours painting and doing other DIY jobs wearing a strappy top and short shorts.  It made the task so much more enjoyable, especially when painting over the window with just the slightest risk of being seen!

Seren
      Baroness

In current lockdown situation my S/O is working from home full time. I joked that I needed a maids outfit to bring her tea/snacks while she’s working….! (It’s still early days so I’m not sure I should surprise her with this just yet!?)

For me it is like asking “Do you do your chores better in your blue shirt or your green shirt?”

I enjoy dressing in a skirt and top or (less frequently) a dress.  But it is just the clothing I wear.  I enjoy anything better in a skirt except meeting people who don’t know this side of me.  Sometimes I’ll have on breast forms.  Most of the time I do not.  Unless I am going out or have just been out, I’m probably not wearing makeup or a wig or my clip-on bangs (my hair is long enough if I just clip on bangs).

But I’m not a split personality.  I don’t do anything better, more efficient, or with more patience because of my clothing.  If anything, I’m more likely to do things just to stay dressed a few minutes more, making me just a tad late.  I’m simply me doing the things I have to do anyway in clothing I prefer to wear.

I like to cook breakfast for my wife wearing my panties, bra, pink slippers, and an apron and she loves it. I have purchased a maid uniform recently and can hardly wait to wear it! Stephanie

Anonymous

This question seems a little odd to me. Whether that is because for all intents and purposes I’m basically always dressed or the fact that chores are still chores regardless of what I am wearing I don’t know. I mean it’s not like I suddenly enjoy doing my chores because I’ve changed out of my skinny jeans or leggings and put on a skirt.

There isn’t a relationship for me between doing housework and dressing. If I happen to be dressed at the time, good, but I wouldn’t get dressed just to do housework.

However, there is a bit of a funny story about this. The last house we had in New York State had a long, fairly narrow closet attached to the master bedroom. I bought one of those wooden closet kits and installed it to increase the hanging space for DeeAnn’s and Don’s clothes. My wife allowed me to do this as she used another closet.

What I discovered was that I was constantly bumping into things with my boobs. It was sort of like when kids go through a growth spurt and their coordination hasn’t accounted for longer arms, legs, taller body, etc. Anyway, it took some getting used to.

Closet Kit from John Louis Home. DeeAnn’s wardrobe at that point fit on the left rack…

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Until the “bug” hit, I cooked several casseroles and then when finished, break them up into “meals for two” and freeze.

My beloved and I work on DADT when it comes to anything to do with Caty, so if and when cooking days arrive, she used to absent herself for at least five hours. It was even better when we lived in the country and she would come up to the “big smoke”for the weekend  to baby sit her grandkids.

So my only “femme chores” are/were when cooking

But those days are now gone for the foreseeable future, so I just have to grab whatever time I can when she does the weekly shop. And that dear ladies is usually confined to a quick wash of Caty’s lingerie, thence to my storage unit and a collapsible clothes hanger/dryer.

Happy dressing

Caty

Hi Felecia I do understand the question. I have so much more energy and interest when doing the day to day cleaning and organizing when i am dressed. My wife loves it but she does not say it at least not enough. She has already given up the weekly shopping to me. She knows i love it. She just does have the interest or enegy it takes to really shop and get the most out of our money. I manage to buy her something nice or something she needs maybe a new bra or a cute top just out of the savings from shopping for food. I do find things for myself at the same time. Ha ha. May you can explain why that energy comes out with my fem persona luv Stephanie

Got up this morning and put on a black bodysuit, bra, forms, floral skirt, and ballet flats.  So fun doing chores all dolled up.

Hi Charley I took the question to mean do you have more energy or even willingness to do chores when dressed. For some strange reason i do have both. It must have something to do with getting out of male mode and into a past traditional female role. If your in fem mode all the time you would not notice differance. Luv Stephanie

Thanks Stephanie,

I don’t want to oversimplify, but it might just be endorphin release.  For more on this and better understanding of the phenomenon, check out this website:  <lightinthecloset.org>.  Also, while not everyone subscribes to the theory, Autogynephilia does appear to answer many questions.

FAM

Hi Again Stephanie,

After you’ve read what I sent, see if you don’t see my point.  After 60 years of crossdressing, I continue to experience a euphoria that heightens endorphin release that give me more energy – it’s a variation on the runner’s high!

FAM

Hi Felicia I have briefly read what you sent. Very interesting .I will spend more time reading. Thank you again. If the energy i get is similar to what a runner gets when running. I now understand the addiction to running. Luv Stephanie

Melinda
      Lady

I have never dressed for chores in front of my spouse, but I do think that might be an icebreaker. I think she would be angry, and that being able to get things done for her would be a good compromise.

My transgender life is based on being faithful to being a female if I which to transition fully so why not.

My partner says I will have to learn new skills for the role I wish to play which I can understand. So! With this in mind she says I will have to prepare food more which in the past I have shied away from. Not only that  but maybe learn sewing and embroidery. I do everything else so why not! I’m a good pet.

She’s right in some ways but Jessica Scarlett not only does everything outside but Washes, hoovers, irons, sweeps the floor, mops the floor, cleans the windows, brings the wood in for the fire, sets the fire, arranges the insurance, keeps the cars running, mows the lawn, cleans the gutters, digs the allotment, plants the plants, and on! and on! And on.

As I have a Frence maid outfit, it is so much fun to clean up in.

I find that I get a lot more involved in the chores when dressed, because it’s something I used to fantasise about when much, much younger.

As I noted in another thread, the time and place I grew up in had entrenched misogyny compared to now.

My father went to work and earned the money, and worked on his cars in the evenings.

My mother did the chores, the Washing, Ironing, Feeding, Etc., TV programmes and advertising enhanced those roles.

I look back and see a spoilt child, refusing to do certain chores because it was women’s work – with a tang of parental blackmail. I once asked my mother if I could wear a dress to do chores, and got a flat refusal, like I’d suggested something utterly vile.

That made me feel so bad about myself and my desires, that I closed myself in on that issue, and would go silent and sulky every time it was even suggested that I should do anything girly, as I quite knew that I wouldn’t get my way.

I’m not sure what age that started, but am pretty sure I was 8 or so.

I’m not saying what an awful person I am or was, just putting the context on why, the first opportunity I got in my own house, I did chores en femme, and continued whenever possible, while being still stuck in reluctance when in drab.

En femme, the chores become a joy. Every last daydream I had about the feel of the clothing while performing the tasks being even better than I imagined. Getting wet or dirty doing washing up or gardening is fun, reaching up to dust or polish, or climbing a step ladder in a short skirt suddenly has a slight feeling of naughtiness in the best possible taste.

This is a bit of a download, maybe I’m on my own – or maybe others have managed to face minor childhood demons in the same way?

Cross dressing has really enhanced so many areas of my life that I am a bit sad I didn’t just go for it when younger – in retrospect, the negative comments and reactions are not so bad, if you treat them with the understanding they deserve, and the positive comments are uplifting.

Doing chores en femme was one of the first activities I undertook. There’s only so much wandering around the house or garden you can do before you realise there’s other stuff you could do.

And then, when you’re back in drab, you can thank your inner girl for being so lovely, tidying up your male mess, thus accepting and loving her all the more.

This feeds back to your male side and helps build self esteem.

It’s the biggest advantage of the male me/female me divide that only part-time  cross dressers are lucky enough to have.

With the lockdown, I owe myself a month of chores en femme so far, lol!

Maybe I’m babbling today with the continued lack of Laura time…

Love Laura

Hard for me to answer. When my wife did not know and as opportunity allowed, I did many household chores and activities dressed and it did make it much more enjoyable. Now, the only chores I get to do are outside, so I cannot dress. I just have to sit around with nothing to do and look pretty, alas! Still, I chose the closest to how I feel just so I could see the results.

Araminta.

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?