• This topic has 109 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 101 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hello ladies,

Given all the lovely comments and thank you’s to my first two “golden oldie” posts, here’s another “blast from the past”.

With due deference to the meaning of the word “hooker” in various parts of this mortal coil here’s a question about putting on your bra

As most “real females” are trained to do since puberty, with my breast forms adhered, I love putting my arms through my bra straps, putting my breasts into the lacy cups then doing up my bra behind my back. “IE a “back hooker” Such a femme thing to do!!.

Tho it is not recommended by those in the know about bras, it is said this method considerably reduces the life of the bra,  I have also seen and heard of folks who put their bras on by wrapping it around their middle and doing up the hooks in the bra in front . Then spin the bra around and “front load” their breasts in the bra cups

Which “bra cup” are you in?.

Happy (bra) dressing

Caty

And when the bra is a lovely comfy “Fayrefrom Coral” or one of my (on clearance) Simone Perele’s… so much the better

Well girlfriend im a front loader because of a old shoulder injury I cant reach around with my left arm but that’s ok I can spin with the best of them(he he) thanks .

Stephanie Bass

ChloeC
      Duchess

Back hooker, as the few front hook bras I’ve tried, I just didn’t like the feel or how they looked on me.  I do really enjoy hooking the back up after I’ve placed it around me where I want it. Gives me a very positive feeling.

Anonymous

front loader as my shoulders are damaged by 30 yrs on an assembly line

K Swim
      Lady

I could put one on and hook it from the back even though I don’t wear a bra nearly as much as my swimsuits. I maintain that skill with some of my zipper back swimsuits.

Anonymous

I go both ways, depending on the bra.  My favorite bralettes are hooked in back; but I have a couple of bras whose hooks I can never get to align correctly.  For those, I do the spin.  Plus, I have a couple of very comfortable bras which hook in front.

I hook mine before I even put it on.

Anonymous

My bra collection is currently sport bras. I put them on like a t-shirt. When I had some regular bras, I would hook them in the front and spin them around, loop my arms and pull them up. I am a solid A cup, although I fit in a few B cup bras. Depends on the bra.

I am like BettyLou, I can hook both ways ( that does sound kind of naughty, but don’t think that way).  It depends mostly on which bra I am putting on.  My long lines, my top favorite style, are always hooked in front and turned around as I learned when young I always got the hooks out of line, missing either the top one or bottom.

Underdressing and working out on the yard I wear sports bra and put them on like a T-shirt.

Anonymous

Paula,

LOL.  When I typed my response, the same naughty thought crossed my mind.  Shame on us.  And I have wondered how to GGs keep those hooks aligned?  I usually have to give up and spin.

Anonymous

Hi Caty,

I have been a spinner which is fine but not particularly lady like. This morning I am wearing a basque, the spinning technique does not work too well so I laboriously fastened the hooks and eyes on the side and spun the basque through only 90 degrees. That worked but the top bra part still needed fastening for which I reverted to the “back hooker” technique. At last I got there. I somehow suspect the back hooking process was invented by a man!!

Either that or the method for fastening a basque was always intended to be a two person job. Sensual if nothing else.

I have however discovered a great front fastening clasp, on a Vince Camuto bra. Highly recommended. But that is the engineer in me.

Just got to get those stockings on and I am complete.

Averyl 🧷

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I am happy to say I am a pro back hooker now. Umm.  We are talking bras here….

Maybe practice makes perfect, but I can hook a bra up like a …, well, like a girl.  Guess it was an inborn ability waiting to be utilized.  Lol.

I’m still really new to this, but I strive to be a back hooker.  It’s kind of funny to watch, I’m sure!

The first time I tried I failed miserably, so I hooked it together and tried to pull it on like a shirt.  It was a tight squeeze and probably not good for the bra.  I did that a couple of times, then started fastening in the front and turned it around.

Then I read somewhere (opposite of what you’ve found it seems), that fastening in the front and turning stretches them more, so now I always try to hook it up in the back.  If it’s just not working or I’m short on time, I’ll hook it on the side so I’m only turning half way instead of all the way (I read somewhere that was a compromise that stretches the bra a little less than crossing in front and turning all the way around).

Both.  If I am wearing a pocketed bra with a breastform, front loader.  If I wear a normal bra then back hooker.

Have been wearing bras so long I am now a confident back hooker. (we are talking about bras right?)

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I hope we are talking bras or some of us are going to pick up a reputation!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Caty, I’ve always hooked my bra behind my back. I actually find it much easier than doing it in the front and spinning it.  I hook the clasp first, bring it up to the right height, and then put my arms through the straps. With some bralettes, I bend forward and let my “little” man boobs fall into the lacy cups; that’s a nice feeling.  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

I was a back hooker when I was younger but not quite as flexible anymore so i’m a front loader now thanks monique

Anonymous

When I was “borrowing them” from my mom they were back hookers. I’ll wear them, but I’m not a huge fan of them. Mostly cause I’ve seen women snag them on shelves and have them come undone. Plus they usually have a tendency to wear out faster.

After finding a front closure one I fell in love. While the back hookers are fine, I swear by the front hooking ones now.

Sunita
      Lady

At a younever age I could hook the bra at the back by folding hands backwards. Now after putting on weight it is impossible to do it this way. There is no other option to hook it at the front and spinn it.

But I love to fold hands backward and hook it at the back… So I am a back hooker.

Front or rear !!!! Wearing BRA gives immense feminine pleasure………..

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies

Bad Aussie English..

ho it is not recommended by those in the know about bras, it is said this method considerably reduces the life of the bra, I have also seen and heard of folks who put their bras on by wrapping it around their middle and doing up the hooks in the bra in front . Then spin the bra around and “front load” their breasts in the bra cups

Front loading is the method that stretches bras more, not “back hooking”

Caty

Hi Caty,

I prefer to hook and spin.

I’ve read that this method can wear your bra out faster than reaching around to hook in the back.

Alice

I’ve always been a “front loader”; hook in front and spin it to the back. When spinning it to the back; I do it a little at a time, slow and careful. This way I’m not over-stretching the band and prevents “skin rub”. I’ve seen a few suggest hooking the band under the arm, I think I’ll try that method.

I have no choice. I have to do it in the front and spin it due to arthritic shoulders and elbows…

Like Stevie said natural back hooker and then ready for the twins,  my wife has just received a bra from the states to try because of a temporary issue with her shoulder  It wraps all the way around and fastens at the front sides have any of you ladies in the states got any views on these bras. Py xx.

Front loader these days.  I used to be able to back hook, but after several years of front line football, my shoulders got destroyed.

Anna Beth
      Lady

I enjoy hooking my bra from the back it makes me feel more girly with my attached breast forms.

All my bras are front clasp. My wife is a front loader.

Front loader.. but i do have some firm support sports bras tgat necessitate hooking in the back… given some of the comments on premature wear, I am going to start practicing back hooking a bit more often.

[postquote quote=358793]

With the Bras I currently have, I hook them first. I will be ordering 3 front hookers in the near future.

I must admit I do not have much to put into my bras.

[postquote quote=359499]

I think originally those were designed to create a low back for backless dresses, but it seems that they have found a additional purpose…

Good topic. I have been, am now and always shall be a “front loader.” It was the way I learned to hook a bra in my youth properly. Old habits die very hard. But, I can say, I am quite adept at unhooking the bra from behind, which I always do, no matter the number of hooks.

Kay

Sunita
      Lady
      • [postquote quote=3589
      • Act of ” Folding hands backward and hook the Bra ” is itself very Feminine. I just Love it .

I like putting my arms through the straps and hooking it around back. My wife watched me put my bra on once and commented that I was doing it wrong.

My wife hooks it in the front and spins it around and told me that was the correct method. She also commented that I hadn’t leaned forward and scooped my boobs into the cup, which was true. But that was only because I’m still not fully comfortable wearing bras in front of her. I wasn’t sure how she’d react if I had scooped my boobs.

Oh Jessica I wish I had enough to scoop.

Janice

XOXO

I am a back hooker ,can’t ever remember having a front hook bra , I put my arms though  the straps ,hook up ,adjust the bra make sure its comfy and then add my lovely forms (giving them a big kiss first ,always have done )    Michelle xx

Mama taught my sister and I both to be back hookers when our breasts started budding. I am now a 40C and believe this exercise has helped me maintain flexibility in my arms/shoulders.

and it is such a girl thing to do!

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I currently have to front hook, either a front clasping bra or hook and spin it around. This is because I damaged my right shoulder and have some limitations getting my arm high enough to clasp it like a “real girl”, haha.

I have to hook in the front due to both shoulders having endured years of very physical work. Once hooked I spin and depending on the the bra, I either attach my forms to my chest or load them into the pocket bra then pull up the arm straps. Stephanie

A shoulder injury made me a front hooker. I continued that method until a dear girl motivated me to try hooking at the back and the rest is history.

I’m a back hooker. Always have been. Just came naturally to me.

When I dressed in front of the little woman for the first time she said “let me see you put your bra on”. I had that baby on in like 2 seconds flat and she said “yep you’ve been doing this a long time” . Lol.

I’ve done the hook and spin method but don’t really like it. Too much work for me. I used to always be in a hurry when I got dressed so the back hook was quicker also.

I had hooked my bra in the front for many years but have recently begun hooking my bra from the back and simply LOVE doing it this way. It just feels extra girly doing so and I do love searching for the hooks with my fingers and just enjoying this lovely experience of putting on my bra.

Anonymous

Back loader always doesnt everyone do it that way?

Anonymous

Not after I tore my rotator cuff.

Back hooker is so girly and what I prefer but I do have one front loader that doesn’t get near the use!!!

Caly

Anonymous

I’m not very flexible after a nasty rotator cuff year in the Navy, so I’m a front Hooker.

Anonymous

Hi Caty  I am a C cup and a back hooker, also everything of mine is underwired be nice to know what everyone else is.

Best Wishes

Sarah xx

When I wear/wore a bra, always a back hooker. feels sexier and more girly to me!

hugs,

Ginny

I’m definitely a back hooker and see it as a girlie challenge to hook at the back. Once I’ve done this I put in the silicone inserts!
      HRx

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

What amuses and bemuses me about this wonderful site and all the lovely ladies on it, is how a topic 6 months old eg this one, , “loads up and straps in”… (very bad pun), and “projects” itself back to the current listings..

Love to know what causes this…

Happy (bra) dressing,

Caty

Anonymous

People in my neck of Virginia don’t call bras “double barreled sling shots” for nothing. 😉😉😉😘😘😘

I’m strictly a front hooker at the moment, but every time I put on a bra I practice the female method a few times, I can still only ever catch one hook though!

Caty

Definitely a front loader.  The hooks are too high up my back.  Hence hook in the front, spin, hoist and load!

LOL!!

xo Robyn 😁❤️

Anonymous
      Lady

I could never work the damn things as a guy trying to UNHOOK them, so there’s no way I can back hook 🤣🤣🤣

I’m a spinner  🙂

Penny Jay
      Lady

Both. Arms through the shoulder straps, hook at the back, occasionally get it first time, yay! Then load the breast forms in from the front.

PennyJ

I’m a front loader.  Hook ’em up in the front, spin, hoist and stuff.

I’m a “front loader”.

Lee Ann

Oh dear,

What am I to say… I thought I was such a failure having to be a ‘front loader’ but it seem from a lot of women I’m not alone and this topic just proves it.

I smashed my clavicle in an accident so am left with a plate and 12 screws which makes life a little awkward wearing bras.

love //Polly

Front loader-not flexible enough to do all the hooks on my firm & long line bras.

I learned how to do them up in the back because it’s more wear and tear on your elastics to try and move it around to the back.

Plus I have a few bras with silicone strips for extra support and I can’t imagine what it would feel like to pull those across your skin.

Cynthia

Well ladies i am a front hooker.

I hook in the front then spin it around. I have seen many females do it the same way.

Im a front hooker spinner??? lol
      My fingers from many years hard usage dont have much “fine” feelings, and I cant feel the hooks, plus I dont bend as I used to
      Hugs, Regi.

front hook and spin for me

38C “hooker in the front,spinner to the rear” 😂

Always been a back hooker as did not know about spinning for a long time. Was difficult in beginning but routine now. Have discovered straps that go between back straps to keep straps in some bras from slipping off shoulders.

When I was a teenage boy I could unhook the young ladies bra one handed. Maybe out of respect I’m now a back hooker 😀

I can do it both ways but I prefer the way I have seen women do it including my wife.

However, since I have grown my own breasts, I feel I have no choice but to do it the way bra fitters say is best.
      So yes, I hook in the front and spin it around but its more complicated than that if you have breasts.
      You hook it up, spin it around and then bend over allowing your breasts to hang in front while you pull up the bra cups and fit the breasts properly and then stand straight and make sure that everything is symmetrical and voila, you are ready to meet the day.

Funny thing, I taught my wife this trick and she does it now. She says she has never been more comfortable wearing a bra.
      Hmmm, I teased her “you have to learn these bra tricks from a cross dresser?”
      Don’t mothers teach these things to their daughters? LOL

I prefer to fasten in the front and spin into place. That way I get all of the hook in the right holes.

A first, questions like these may be just a bit of amusing chit-chat but I bet not all ladies knew they had an option. I don’t think I did when I first wore  my first bra in the distant, misty unseen past. So this is informative, even enlightening.

I prefer a C-cup, probably actually am a 50 (blush) but with extenders I can get on a 38-B/C with extenders of a pushup.

My big beef is that the spacing between breasts is sometimes a bit too narrow for some male physiques.

Araminta.

Given a choice I front hook and spin. But being that I am using a modified bra (lined cup turned into a pocket bra) it’s front, spin and adjust. But on occasion I have used the pull over the head and pull down to adjust. The straps on a “racerback” sports bra don’t separate like a regular bra, so placement of the prosthetics into the sport model has to be done before you put it on. The only option at that point is over the head, down and adjust. I have found that hooking the clasps on a regular bra and using the same technique works as well.

Anonymous

Well… being older, I guess I cheat! One shoulder has had surgery and the other one needs it. I fasten the hooks where I want them and slide it on like a knit shirt… position the silicone twins where they look right, straighten the back, if necessary and call it good. Ha!

Prudence
      Ambassador

Front loader. But I can unhook it. Learned the front loader from an old GF.

Sunita
      Lady

[postquote quote=362460]
      Actually even adjusting shoulder strip and band strip is also pleasurable act.

Load my silicone forms in bring up rib cage high and hook in back. Then pull up and put arms through straps and adjust everything in place. Works best for me.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Caty.
      I wish I could still be a back hooker, but my arms and fingers will not work that way any more. I’ve bndyeen ” pre-hooking and pulling the bra over my head then front loading the forms.
      . . Sandy

Anonymous

Several of my bras are of the front clasp type, and preferred. But when wearing a Regular bra, I’m a bakc-hooker.

Bettylou

Teri Ray
      Lady

Count me in as a hook in front and spin.  But when it comes to pretty bras I am always happy to be in one.

Front loader.

but then every woman I’ve known the details about how they don their bras … have all front loaded.

Anonymous

Im a front loader. Mainly because I am not flexible enough to reach that far behind me and get it hooked. I have always been front hook and spin.

Chelly

Kassie
      Lady

I’m a front loader, and I was taught to do it this way from my wife (because I was pretty clueless beforehand, lol.)

Got to practice it a bit more today as we went bra shopping and I picked up a new white, beige and black bra to add to my collection 😄

When I was in my early 20’s, I was definitely a back hooker, how ever with quite a bit of weight gain, and just getting older I am not as flexible as I once was, so now a Front loader for sure.

Most of the time I hook in front and twirl around, but depending on the bra, I occasionally hook in back. I also have a couple of front closure bras that I enjoy wearing.

Much the same  – do it up at the front and spin it around. I share the enjoyment of front closure bras.

Vanessa
      Lady

Front and drag around as a)it’s so much easier b) I’m not dextrous enough and most importantly c) I’m lazy

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Is this a bit of an age thing?  Back in the day I didn’t see any girls putting on a bra other than from the back. Women had that wonderful ability to do up a zip, put on a necklace and do up a bra from the back. Even in old films you saw the delicate female hand with beautiful nails unclipping a bra from the back. Think of all those things like forming a pretty bow behind an apron without looking, Zipping and buttoning a skirt, doing the hair all things behind the back. I was taught to use the ‘minds eye’ where you would look at the bra clips, necklace clasp and then reverse it behind you. With the bra the lower clip was aligned and clipped and the rest followed. I am lucky to still have the dexterity to perform these tasks. These days there are ‘over the head’ bras/ bralettes and a lot more larger women and it seems that clip and spin seems to be much more common place. Dresses and skirts are not made with zips as commonly as they were and less worn so I suppose the skill is a dying one but it is not the method but the result that is important.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

It continues to fascinate me that I did the original post on this subject well over two years ago and have had other posts of “similar vintage”, “come back to haunt me….”

So I’m wondering how this can occur on this lovely site.. Do the “admins” pull out the (mythical) “posting dredge” and go back over some of them??

If not how else can anyone have the time go back two years and “trawl away”..

Sorry for the “nautical references”. I am a ex keen recreational fisherman..

Caty

I’m a front loader lol

Definitely a front loader as I cannot reach that far round my back ….. and then put the girls in That having been said I do like front closure bras- they are so very easy

Anonymous

Growing up, I always saw the Bra put on and clipped in the front and spun around and pulled up. That’s how I have always worn a Bra.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

It has long intrigued me how a post that was “current” say 12months ago and has “slipped way……down the response ladder, suddenly makes its presence felt again.

I first re posted this two and a half years ago, and since then, its made a “roaring comeback” on at least two occasions.

How does this happen??
      Caty.

I love putting my arms through my bra straps and my breasts into the cups hooking the band behind my back. That’s the way my mother did it and that’s how she taught my sisters, so I do it that way also. I was concerned when I had my first (of two – left and right) shoulder rotator cuff repairs that I might have to change. Bu, with therapy I was able to retain the skill to fasten and unfasten my bra hooks in the back.

I put my bra on inside out this morning.
      Didn’t bother changing it.
      I’m a silly girl😂😂

I hook in the front! If you have a proper fitted bra, then gently spinning to the back will not hurt the bra! Unless it is a cheap poorly made bra!

I am proud to say I am a back hooker!  It feels so totally femme, and I crave to be as authentically girlie as possible.  So tired of having to pretend I am a boy.   LOVE being a gurl, and having fantastic sisters and gurlfriends here at CDH!

Clara
      Lady

As you know Caty I am only new here and I am going through the forum reading many interesting articles.  For me I have 5 bras, 4 are rear fasteners which 2 of 2 rows of hooks and eye, 1 3 hook & eye and 1 four hook and eye, I can do the 2 & 3 hook up behind my back but the 4 I have to do up at the front and swivel round but hopefully I can do it up one day from the back.

I wrote this response to another Forum question a year or so ago. My bras are always hooked up. I put my feet through the band and pull up into place, insert arms into straps, put in forms, then adjust. I have pretty broad shoulders (44 band) and my hips are such that the bra is never dragged over my body so wear and tear are minimal. Besides, if a bra wears out it is fun to go and be fitted for a new one. Best, Marlene.

After which Marlene holds her panties out in front of her and jumps into them feet first. 😉

Yes I do; can’t get them over my head, Best, Marlene. PS Just standing and putting panties on one leg at a time is enough of a challenge for me these days.

Guilty,  front hooker, can’t bend the arms to the back.  Wish I could, definitely the feminine way.  Can’t do my corset anymore, hate that even more as have to have SO attempt it and she is easily confused by the simple criss  cross  pattern.  But I guess compared to deteriorating ozone, nuclear threats,  and rising or lowing seas( I can never remember which is worse), I guess this problem is second tier.

i am a back hook up bra lady, i hook up in front and twist the bra to front and put my arms though the hole of the straps and put it on and adjust it from there.   i am looking into buying a front hook up bra soon.

I favor those “pullover” bras and bralettes Angela B. mentioned but I can back hook, albeit clumsily. My SO has pullovers with snugging hooks on both sides. Has anyone used those? This is the first I’ve heard of front hooking and spinning being the expert’s choice. Interesting…

I have tried many times to hook up my bras in back. But after struggling and still not able to get it right, I just do the hook in front and spin it around. I’ve asked several of the ladies that have helped me with fittings and they say that the spin front hook and spin method is the mist common. I guess I should try a front hook style bra to see how I like that.

I saw someone mention how many bras they own and it made me wonder. I checked. I have 14 bras. All are underwire. 2 are lined the rest are unlined. 2 have 4 hooks, 9 have 3 hooks and 3 have 2 hooks. I like the 3 hook styles best. Of all those, 1 is a flower print. 2 are embroidered, 5 are white, 3 are black 4 are beige and 2 are pink. Of all those, I love the white ones the most. Lol

Denise

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

Im coming late to this discussion, and I’ll admit to being a “front loader”.

I find the real tricky part  here is to fasten the hooks while balancing the weight of the breast forms I’ve pre-loaded into the pockets of the bra. So I usually rest them on the bed Im sitting on so they don’t stretch the bra band while I’m fastening.  In the absense of a flat surface, I have been known to balance the loaded bra on my back while hooking at the front.  Most of my bras are pocket bras.  The silicone forms need to be squeezed into the pockets – there would be way too much stress on the fabric by inserting the forms after putting on the bra.

Back hooker normally. It’s how I saw my mom do it and I copied her. It has gotten more challenging as I grow older

Jenny Liu
      Lady

While I really like the front-loaders, most of my bras are back-hookers. I still remember watching the actresses in the classic porn movies taking off their bras by un-clipping right in the front and loving it!  I may have one or two that are front-loaders; the others (about ten) are all back-hookers.

Actually shopping for another two or three bras. Any suggestions?

Jenny

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I’m a back hooker all the way, and proud of the fact that I still can.

Anonymous
      Duchess

Hi Ladies,

I’m generally a front loader, however I do practice hooking from the back. Hooking from the back is very challenging for me sometimes, other times it goes easily. Hooking from the back feels more girly for me.

Hugs,

Eva

Anonymous

Hi,

I’ve always been a back hooker. I also love the feeling of putting my arms through the straps and fastening my bras at the back, it feels very natural and feminine. That being said I have just ordered a front close bra from curvy  and I’m excited to try it on when it arrives. Could be the start of something new.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Good one Jillian…

A “bi hooker”, now that could have lots of meanings… could it not??

Caty

Viewing 101 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?