• This topic has 35 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

After seemingly  hitting a “right note” with my post about “dressing”, I thought I’d add another one from my “OZ forum days” about putting on your bra. See (www.tgr.com.au)

I posed the question about how we CD,s put on our bras. either the “right” femme way of being able to hook it up at the back, or having to hook it in front then spin around and pull up to your breasts.

I regard “hooking”, (not the usual term you would use in the US, I was gunna type “youse damn Yankees” but that would be impolite. Oh scuse me, it just slipped in…LOL), as one of the mos5 natural and femme things a crossdresser can do.

Especially if you are “sufficiently endowed” not to need breast forms. But even then, with forms attached, it just seems so natural.

Comments welcome and lets see if “internationally” its the same as “down here”

Happy (bra) dressing

Caty

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Caty, no worries, Mate, this yankee is not offended 😉  As for the bra,  it depends on how I am feeling.  My wife uses both methods herself and has told me that the front and spin around is her go to.  So I tend to favor that way more since I have problem shoulder and of course her sage advice.  Course the forms still go in afterwards so that may help with my decision as well.  – hugs, Michelle

I love hooking my bra  in the back. I find the hook a spin is easier but  I had a bad experience with the hook and spin method. I am not sure what happend but the flap flipped over and I ended up scratching  my back with the hooks.  I do have a bra that clips in the front but it does not give me the same support that I need:) 💐

I am mostly a back hooker up to 5 hooks….any more….I have to go front. Was a time I couldn’t do 2……practice makes perfect!

Dame Veronica

Anonymous

As a citizen of the British Empire I use the Queen’s method : I get my maid to do it.

Only kidding.  🙂   I tend to hook up on my left side (ie. under the armpit) so I can still see what I’m doing then spin the rest of the way.

Hi

I usually hook to the side and spin or sometimes have hooked in the front and spun round. I have a disabled shoulder and its unable to hook at the back, though I do try. I don’t use any synthetics or falsies as I have a lovely D cup pair of breasts naturally grown with the help of hormones.

cheers

joanna

I hook in the back, it took time to learn, but now is fairly easy.  Same with my garter belt.

Anonymous

Ha! I just tried around the back, and it was much easier than I thought.   It might be because it is a new bra and the hooks and eyes line up perfectly, but I’m going to chalk one up to feminine instinct.  😉

Anonymous

Can’t get my arms around the back, same for a dress.  But for the dress zip I have a contraption.

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I do the behind the back i find it easier plus makes me feel more feminine i have a b cup thanks to my  breast pump</p>

Anonymous

I used to be a front loader but the woman in me made me learn to fasten at the back……much more satisfying.

Anonymous

Unfortunately, I have no choice and must do a spinner. I had a shoulder injury years ago and simply do not have the ability to reach back there.

Roberta H
      Lady

Hook and spin is how my wife does it so I just followed her technique. It is just easier but you do have to spin it the right way or the hooks will snag and scratch.

As an amusing irony I can reach around and undo mine from behind with the two fingers. However even after years of practice and to her amusement I still cannot undo my wife’s bra without using two hands. I guess some things can’t be learned.

I am a front hooker and turn a rounder, at one time I could manage back hooking but have found the front approach much more easy.  When I received my first bra at about 15 I tried several ways, if any one were to have seen me they would had A good funny show.

definitely have to do them up from the back, after I hade a bra fitting at Simone Perele as the ladies there taught me that the only to get a bra to fit correctly is be doing it up at the back

Anonymous

Well, I’ve always been ‘fasten at the front, spin round, arms thru straps then insert my forms then adjust my shape’ kinda gal. When undressing, I do I unclip at the back though…. and allow everything to fall slowly forward.

Anonymous

I try to fasten it round the back, then if I fail to do it easy enough and if I’m in a bit of a rush I fasten it in front and spin it round. It depends on which bra to be honest 🙂

Anonymous

Just recently acquired MY own first bra and started hooking in the back and was successful maybe because of the flexibility  of   the new material. Like a few others, the feel of it was just more feminine and that is what I wanted. So lovely.

Anonymous

I’m going to buck the trend here – I like to step into my bra, fully clipped, and pull up.

It’s good stretching exercise!

If a hook or two are undone, I’ll sometimes just wrap it round my chest, clip where I can see the hooks in front of me, then twizzle it round.

Helps to have bras the right size of course – if they’re a bit snug, then the twisting can undo the hooks. Grrr!

I’ve only very recently started using the Laura Lovett method:  step into it, like a girdle!  Not very ladylike, I’m afraid, although I knew a GG once who did it this way.    This works for me even if I’ve preloaded a pair of silicone Bforms into a pocket bra.

Janine
      Lady

To be honest with you.
      I want to feel like I’m a lady in every way so I learned how to hook my bra in the back
      It took me awhile to learn how to do it but now that I’ve been doing it almost everyday it’s easy to do
      The newer the bra the easier it is to hook up.
      On a older bra I try hooking it lower on my back and it makes it easier to hook
      Believe it or not I can hook my bra behind me easier then my garter belt
      It’s frustrating to hook my garter belt probably because I don’t wear a garter belt that often

Hi Caty

I can hook my bra from the back just like all women do. Oh but guess what, I have a lot of front hook bras so I get to hook at the front. Have fun Hooking!!

Love,
      Vicke E.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Good evening ladies from “smoky South Eastern Australia”.

I’ve pulled up this old post of mine, cos I cant find the  more recent one on this subject.

What I do know is that we “back hookers” are the ones giving our bras extra life by this method as per the words sourced from the Internet as follows

(“Them’s” that dont have the flexibility to “back hook” are of course not required to follow this method)

Putting on the one piece of clothing that you wear every day all day may not seem like rocket science. However, many women have absolutely no idea that the way they’re putting their bra on is actually the wrong way, and can be damaging the fabric. Stretching the band unnecessarily and excessively can decrease the longevity of your bras. Since they are such a crucial element to your comfort, you definitely want to be treating and wearing them correctly. Here is everything you need to know to putting on a bra, the right way.

The Wrong Way
      The majority of women put their bras on the wrong way. The most common way is when you clasp your bras in the front and then swivel it around your body, pulling the straps on at the end. While this may seem like the most convenient way to putting on your most-needed undergarment, it can tug at the fabric in ways that it shouldn’t be pulled. It can also stretch the straps, making them fall off your shoulders even on the shortest setting; the setting that was once fitting.

The Worst Way
      The absolute worst way to put on a bra, and the best way to devour the fit and fabric is to clip your bra together while it isn’t on your body. Then, pulling it over your head and shoulders before nestling it over your breasts, just as you would with a sports bra. This is one surefire way to stretch out your bras in all the ways you don’t want to and should definitely be avoided.

The Right Way

The proper way to putting on a bra is to put your arms through the straps. Place the bra on your breasts, reach around the back and clasp the band together. You’ve seen it in movies and even on lingerie models as you skipping through your favorite magazine. However, many women still don’t put their bra on this way. It’s an odd movement, and getting those clasps together without looking can seem impossible.

Tricks of the Trade

If you’re determined to put your bra on properly and sexier, then there are some tips you can use. Since you’re basically clasping the bra blindfolded, you may want to start by using some mirrors to help you get the motion down. Once it becomes natural, you should be able to clip it all together in seconds, without having to look. You may also want to start by simply practicing with the closest size option.

Some people can’t hook their bra up in the back, whether it’s a lack of flexibility or dexterity. In this case, you can clasp your bra together in the front. However, they can still wear out faster. You want to also put your arms through the straps one at a time. Doing both arms at the same time will pull your bras in all the way that they shouldn’t be stretched. However, it is highly recommended to continue practicing the back clasp as much as you can. Putting your bra on the right way allows your breasts to be placed naturally and properly into the cups, which will enhance the shape and comfort that you experience.

“Here endeth the lesson”.

Happy (bra) dressing

Caty

Due to arthritis, not enough flexibility to do it in the back. Front and spin…

Anonymous

Most of the time, I can do my bra the proper way; but I do have “clumsy” days, when I have to resort to the spin. More aggravating are the times when I get one hook, but can’t do the other, and can’t unhook it, either. Then, a spin is the only answer. This is becoming a non-issue I found some front-hook bralettes which fit my girls perfectly.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Definite back hooker.  It just feels, oh, right when I do it. When I started because it was so new, I was a front hooker, having to see what it was all about, but once I started back hooking, that’s all I want to do.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have recently finally learned to be able to do my bra up, what you’d call the proper way, which is reaching around my back and hooking it up. Love the natural feeling of doing it that way as well. Just feels my feminine.

However, my lovely wife, NEVER does her’s up that way! She does it up in front, then slides it around to the correct position. She recently saw me getting dressed and was rather surprised that I was reaching around behind and able to do up the clasps without trouble.

Amy

i am a Front hooker all the way.  Perhaps back hooking is best for the bra but between my torn rotator cuff and the neurological damage to my hands there is no other option.  Please do not fall into  the trap of a ‘right way’ to put on your bra.  If your bra is properly in place, clasped and fitting then you did it the right way!  Yes, i know most genetic girls are back hookers butkisy are also young.  my wife is in her sixties with fibromyalgia and she cannot reach back thee either!  Let’s step back from this right vs wrong approach and simply celebrate the desire and ability to wear a bra.🌹💋

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hello Bobbi,

I totally understand there are many folks are cannot be “back hookers” and thats why I included these words in my post

“Them’s” that dont have the flexibility to “back hook” are of course not required to follow this method)

Sincerely

Caty

Anonymous

Back hooker here. Love everything about the act. Front hooked only once in the last 35 yrs. Damn hooks were bent and that bra went. 🙂

Mama taught me to the right way to put on a bra was to hook behind my back. Been doing it that way ever since my breasts came in with puberty. With practice, it is no harder than tying your shoes in the dark!

I want so bad to be a back hooker, but I have descent size biceps and chest from years of weight lifting and I don’t know if that has killed my flexibility or what.

I think it is so feminine to back hook and I am going to start working on my flexibility.

so for now I am a damn yankee that can’t back hook.LOL

Patty

I am a “back hooker”. Thankfully, I am still flexible enough to make the reach and adroit enough to bring the hook and clasp together without looking. For me this is the proper feminine way to do this and in so doing it seems like a spigot that begins my feminity flowing from the inside to the outside.

Follow getting the band hooked properly, bending forward to allow gravity to do its work in setting my natural breast tissue into the cups, standing upright and reaching into each cup to adjust each breast just right, then adjusting the straps on my shoulders, and finally making necessary band adjustment around my chest achieving just the right comfort, for me just luciously heightens my “coming out femme time”.

Perhaps one day this experience will loose its allure, but I surely hope not.

My wife is a front hooker and makes adjustment so routinely almost annoyingly after she swivels her bra around to get everything in place. Watching sometimes I want to scream; sometimes I want to cry, longing for that “everyday female experience” to be mine.

But I wonder if it were, would it hold the same magic that it does now?

Hugs,

Charrie.

It’s a no brainier for me front load only. My wife does as well. So I don’t know if back loading us more femme. We should ask the GG’s.

Dana💋❤️

Anonymous

I can hook my bra from both the front and the back.  Some bras are more difficult the hook in the back than others.  That’s what determines the method that I use.

Anonymous

Depends on the bra but I usually hook it in the front then spin it around. I have seen many GG do it this way. I do have one braw that hooks in the front though.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?