Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Down day.

Girls, ever have a down day, when you feel physically and emotionally fatigued?  I’m having one today.  Every one has setbacks in their lives or are coping with a sick loved one.  How do you cope?  Happy hour?  Smoke a joint?  Watch a chick flick? I wish there were a happy pill with no side effects.  Please reply with your method to perk yourself up.

Gwyneth
      Lady

You are doing probably the best thing right now. We are your sisters. We can’t take away anything going on, but we do sympathize. Maybe someone will say something funny. Maybe just cry with you. But yes, we all have down days. I was once told that there is a place where it’s always sunny, never rains or hardly clouds up. We call those places deserts.

If it weren’t for the bad days, there wouldn’t be good days.

We love you. Gwyn

Yup you bet man.

Late december last year I received like the worst medical diagnosis ever.  It carried over into this year until I had major surgery; it wasn’t until the surgeon came into give me a report on how the surgery went did I feel a great deal of stress/weight lift off my shoulders.  Not out of the woods at all but it is promising and I can see abit of clear sailing.

During that time though, I had alot of thoughts going thru my head.

How I coped was thru the strength of my wife.  Not only does she support the fem side of me, but if it wasn’t for her strong strength and support thru my diagnosis, it would have been super tough.

As well, I am not one to give up.  Call me stubborn, but despite the crappy diagnosis I vowed to myself to stay positive.

Things I did to keep positive :

– maintain my transformation into Wendy.  Being Wendy is my happy place, where I can forget the worries of the day and just be happy.  If I stopped doing that, the diagnosis wins and well, I don’t give up so I made it a point to be Wendy.

– talking.  Good old simple talking.  I spoke about my condition to my wife, my parents, my co worker, neighbour, … Thru the simple act of talking I found support via various people.

– I am a gamer.  So I still played my games which took my mind off.

– I continued on with my life and refused to let myself get bogged down from the diagnosis.

Down days are a fact of life for me. Having had to deal with them my whole life, I’ve gotten pretty good at managing them. If it’s just a case of feeling a little blue, I can usually just ride a motorcycle until I feel better. Sometimes that’s not enough, so I’ll dress when I get home. My wife and I are super close, and she’s really good at cheering me up or letting me be, if that’s what I need. I use all the tools available. Fortunately those days are a lot less common than they used to be. Had a LOT of down days with my ex…

I usually dress up. Sometimes have a drink. Usually both.

A problem shared is, indeed, a burden halved. We cuddle and talk about what’s got us down.And laughter is the best medicine. “What’s Up, Doc?” with Ryan O’Neal, Barbara Streisand, and the wonderful Madeline Kahn (taken from us too soon) always takes me out of myself and makes me laugh —- as does the movie on which it’s based, “Bringing Up Baby” with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn.

When I’m down mentally and or physically the desire to wear something feminine becomes very strong, it’s a comforting thing. Yesterday morning I realized I was coming down with a cold..again! All I wanted to do was slip into my favorite long nightgown and get warm under some blankets on the couch. Unfortunately I was at work and all of that was impossible.
      If I’m just stressed or mentally tired I just want to come home to my wife, my dog, a nice glass of red wine and panties underneath my sweats and t-shirt. It doesn’t make it all go away but it certainly helps

Natalie 💋💋💋💋💋

Hi Kerri, Yesterday was the exact same thing for me. I felt really down all day. Like you, mentally and physically exhausted about everything in life. Add the fact I haven’t been able to fully dress for over 2 weeks (usually at least once a week thing).  Just sick of thinking about where I’m at in life and where I thought I would be at this point being a CD. Not really complaining but the ups and downs of crossdressing, and thinking about crossdressing daily, is really putting a toll on me lately. Listening to the blues and sipping on a good whiskey usually helps, probably like going to counseling, to get it out of me  (I haven’t seen a counselor in years).  I slept good last night and feel a little better today but still not back.  Maybe it’s the crappy early cold weather here in Michigan too.  Hope you feel better soon.

Blues and a good Bourbon for me this time of year. Not been able to dress for a couple months now other than underdress. gets frustrating and the mind never stops. Try to relax, easier said than done. Summers it’s a motorcycle ride in the country. No destination!!!!

Anonymous

Being younger, I turn to video games. Depending on how I feel is how I choose my game. If really bad, Assassins Creed. That way I can take out my stress in an ironically non violent yet violent way.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Yesterday was a bit down for me because I had to betray Kelly, at least it felt like that. Kelly always wear skirt/dress and heels but I had to do some work around the house including walking on the roof to change my weather station batteries before the winter and while I do a most things in heels walking on the roof is not one of them.
      Once all done I came in and changed and felt so much better.
      Another thing that makes me feel better is shopping. Don’t always have to buy something, just looking and dreaming can be good enough however yesterday I did buy a pile of boots for the winter from shoedazzle, 5 pairs for <$140.

/kelly

Hi Ladies,
      I’m a trans woman now, so dressing is not going to help me when I have a melt down or I’m having a down day. For me, listening to some of my favorite comforting music while sipping on a cup of coffee or hot chocolate works wonders. Shopping for pretty things is always extremely helpful at chasing the blues away. 🙂

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous

Kerri
      Reaching out is a good start. We’ve all gone through the down days, sometimes down months. Ginger went through a few low funks this summer. Did a first makeove, went out shopping. I find helping others brings out joy and hope. I notice sometimes when fellow girls here are not posting, they maybe going through tough times. Try PM’ing them. If its health try talking to Physician, I’ve have long-term health issues that have built close comradery with Dr’s and nurses. If bored get out any do something new or differemt. Keep pursuing your best, be strong and positive.
      Hugs Ginger

Hi Kerri
      When I am feeling out of sorts or down I just simply get my make up bag and put on a bright happy face, it really helps me and takes your mind off negatives.
      Sarah xx

Girl, just take a glass of wine, listen to your favourite music, “This to shall pass”. And of course never loose hope.

kisses

Kate

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?