Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi ladies…. I have a complete newbie question… What does “in drab” mean? I kind of assumed it just meant in “male” clothing, but it seems to mean something else.  Sorry if it’s a dumb question… :(</p>

Anonymous

Hi Rachel, I’d say that “In drab” means not visibly crossdressed or perhaps simply in “male” clothing. I don’t think it has any other meaning.  Lesley.

Hi Rachel,

Drab…. Dressed As A Boy.

And we are all learning so don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Daniella

xoxox

I had never heard the term either before I joined.I think it is now a very appropriate term for male clothing when I look into my black/brown/blue/gray male side, then at my floral/white/black/red/rust(orange)/silver/plum/pastel – tops/skirts/dresses/pants in a range of wonderful fabrics with lace/silk/satin/cotton.

Guess which side is my favourite ?

PY’s wardrobe if you open the door is just a kaleidoscope of colour and my man wardrobe is Drab.  Py  xx

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Rachel, please do not feel that way.  I had no idea until I started reading articles and forums.  I personally like the Dressed As Boy definition.  hugs, Michelle

Anonymous

Drab

lacking brightness or interest; drearily dull.

Of a dull light brown color.

LOL

Becka
      Lady

Yup, what everyone says, Rachel!

🙂

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Dressed As A Boy. All the way back from Shakespeare.

I love that this topic came up. I actually had this conversation my SO and used the term when I was getting dressed for work. I mentioned that she has so my fun, bright colorful options fabrics and textures and that most of the clothes I am “allowed” to wear don’t allow for any expression. She agreed and has even bought me tops from the women’s section:) Fingers crossed that This turns into something more;)💐

Drab, dressed as a boy.  Drag, dressed as a girl.

hi Rachel, up to recently I had no idea either! I was thinking ‘drab!’ what the heck does that mean in relation to crossdressing, I sure was confused! I always thought drab meant dull, boring, uninteresting, dreary etc, I was thinking allsorts, like is crossdressing really a boring thing to do? why would people say such a thing? and all the time it just meant ‘dressed as a man/boy’. its all part of a huge learning curve lol.

fiona xx

[quote quote=128462]Drab, dressed as a boy. Drag, dressed as a girl.

[/quote]

Ah, of course! why didn’t I think of that? 🙂

Thank you for all the replies, ladies! I have learned some new things!
      xxx

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?