Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jay Upton
      Lady

Trying to figure out what sort of dresses will work well for me but I’m not sure how to translate fit info to my body? Like, I don’t have a large chest but I don’t think I’m an ‘apple fit’ either? If I had to give my shape a name, it would be barrel chested? Basically, my chest, waist (across the navel, not where I typically wear men’s pants) and hips are all within 2-3 inches of each other and I definitely have broader shoulders(figures…that’s the most obvious place I’m a broad…).

I’m looking for ideas/more info on what sorts of things would look good given that shape, where everything is sort of even, but not exactly trim? Style guides I’ve run into don’t really take this into account, or I’m not able to translate it properly.

ETA: as a for instance, I’ve been looking at Empire waist cuts, which seem like they may work? Perhaps too much emphasis up top for me, but I think the fact that the skirting starts up high would be flattering to the rest of my barrel-rectangle. Am I on the right track?

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Jay Upton.
      Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Jay, the first thing I would suggest, is to pad your hips and butt to match up with your bustline.  Then, you will discover an amazing difference on how the clothes hang on your figure.  My male measurements are similar to yours.  For instance, I took my waist measurement and matched up my bust as best I could according to the size charts of the brands that appealed to me.  Big boobs and broad shoulders do not always compliment each other, so I downsized in that area.  Then, I bought butt and hip pads that gave me the proper proportions.  When you try on clothes, and you have hips, the waist will tend to locate where a genetic woman’s would be, around your navel area or higher.  Your appearance will vastly improve.  After achieving an hourglass figure, you can dial in what works best for you.

Personally, I find surplice, v neck, and crew neck tops and dresses work best for me.  Not having hips, is a dead giveaway you are a CD.  Hope this helps.

Sutekina
      Lady

Padding helps fill in the gaps for passing, and if not for passing, to feel “right.” But before I go there, I would encourage you to find websites (based on women’s magazines) where there are many articles about styling body shapes. I recommend the magazine sites because they are usually current with today’s fashion, even if the trend is 70’s. Glamour magazine has many articles about body shapes and different types of fashion, including swimwear.

There’s pear-shaped (triangle), inverted triangle, rectangle (athletic), etc.

https://www.healthline.com/health/women-body-shapes#fruit-metaphors

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?