Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

How do you zip a dress up if you live alone and are not a contortionist?

Evelyn
      Lady

Hello Jeannie!

I have only been told over the years, with some success from this method, that one of the best ways to do this is to use a string (an older shoe lace or the like could work here) and a paper clip or a safety pin. You can begin with hooking the clip/pin to the dress zipper (this may be difficult in some dresses) then hook the string/lace through the pin. You can then put the dress on and use the string/lace to pull the zipper up (be sure to keep your back straight for this part) and don’t pull to hard if things become stuck. This sadly may not work for all dresses, I have a very stubborn one who’s zipper always jams. I wish you best of luck and hope none of your dresses jam like that!

xoxo

Evany

SteffieC
      Duchess

I used to use an old wire hanger through the zipper to pull it up. I also would pull the dress over my head and zip it as mush as I could and still pull my head through. Neither is ideal but I got them to work

I have many rules. Here’s another one.

I don’t buy dresses with back zippers.

Lee Ann

LeeAnn,I don’t buy dresses with the zipper in  back either.

lol, Thank you for asking this question, Jeannie, I have the same issue, my arms dont bend that far. I did the paperclip/string thing, but then it is left hanging there:-)
      Hugs, Regine

Hmm but what if the dress with the back zipper is really cute?😊

Thanks. I did not realize there are side zipper dresses. I only knew that skirts have some with side zippers.😊

Anonymous

I’ve always used the paperclip method…

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

You can always by a zipper pull on Amazon, but I have fashioned by own from a length of heavy gauge single strand copper wire, or reshaped a wire clothes hanger.

Small key rings work great with the shoestring or rope.

-SR-

I use the string method, just pulling a shoe lace through the eye of the zip then holding both ends of the lace, slowly pull it up.  If it feels like it is getting stuck, I just arch my back a little to put a bit of slack and then pull a little harder for a moment to see if it moves up better.  When your done, just drop one end of the string and pull it through the zip.  If there is a button at the top of the back, I always button it before pulling the dress the rest of the way down onto my shoulders.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Huggs lovelies

I guess I must have long arms???…but they don’t seem overlong….I have quite a few dresses of different makes….I usually just reach behind and pull the zip up as far as it will go…..then hold the top of the neck up a smidge and with my other hand pull it up the rest of the way from the top…….or living in the U.K…….

i can always ask a police man !!, haha

Luv, grace xx

Emily
      Lady

Isn’t there a YouTube tutorial on this? If not, there should be. Lol Just kidding. I just don’t buy dresses that zip in the back. I know, I’m missing out on some really cute dresses, but I just have not been able to do it.

Emily, I think I will just to see what cute dresses there are that do not zip in the back.

I also wear zentais, and they have zippers in the back.  This has helped me most times to zip up dresses with back zippers, and yes you do have to be somewhat flexible.

I find zipping zentais easy, as the material is stretchy.  So what I so is I zip up as far as I can, then grab the material downwards and that will allow you to zip up the zipper even more.  Then you reach over the head to finish the zip.  Applying the same principle to dresses, it works depending on how stretchy the dress material is.  If it doesn’t stretch at all, then you’ll need help or a zipper pull.  I have a few stretchy material dresses and it does work.

[postquote quote=398919]

Agreed. Non-starter for me also due to arthritis. Same with earrings for pierced ears…

Anonymous

and guess what Stephanie???…all of the pulls on all of my dresses are that D**n tear drop shape!!!

truly, grace x

Shana Mac
      Lady

Is that a car pulling up on the drive?

Lmao. That is just hilariously true for me.  Thank you for making me laugh so hard I cried.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?