• This topic has 53 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I have been thinking about making dresses for men. I did a quick internet search to see that there are men who like to and do wear dresses. There aren’t any products specifically for them really. However as I am sure you all are aware, the body shapes of men and women are different which means so are the cuts of the clothes. I would like to design and make dresses (and other clothes recently considered women’s only) for men. This would mean the shoulders would be wider, chest, waist and hip proportions would be different as well to more accommodate the male physique.

I have a question for those here who are males but crossdressing as females,  would you be interested in such products or would you be more inclined to continue purchasing clothes made specifically for women? I would love to hear your answers and any further elaboration on your choice as well. Thank you all.

While I think dresses made for men are a great idea, I just prefer ones that are made for women. I like the girly feel, the naughtiness, the flirtyness. The male dresses that I have seen are dark colors, and drab styles.

Ashley
        Lady

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I would love to see more dresses and women’s type items made for men, but it’s just not for me. Shopping for women’s things is fun and part of what got me into cross dressing. Something could be super feminine, but if I know it’s made for men my interest in it just drops off completely.

Anonymous

I’ve seen comments showing that there is a market for this, but I’m convinced that most of us who wear dresses do so as an expression of our feminine side. If I’m correct, the market would be limited a sub-group of heterosexual-only men, and the market would be quite limited.

DeLora
      Lady

There is currently a company, enfemme style, that does what you described. They make feminine clothing designed for the male body. I have looked at their stuff and they do seem to do a good job, and their clothes do seem to fit a man while giving the illusion of a feminine figure. Unfortunately, their clothes are mostly out of my price range.
      I think if you could create a line of clothing specifically for MtF CDs you would find a market for sure. I know I’d be interested!!

Jay Upton
      Lady

I got a sewing machine for Christmas specifically cause I have this same interest. I am not built like any woman they are making commercial clothing for, specifically all parts through the torso.

I’m a distance off from trying to make clothing, so it’s more of a long term goal. I did make some decent napkins over the weekend, and I did enjoy the process and the learning how that machine worked. We will get some more napkins, some pillows and perhaps some curtains along the way, at the least.

Would love to talk more

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I definitely would consider it. It would be tailored to fit the male body type, probably fit better but still look fem and pretty.

Alysha
      Lady

I would like to see more female style clothing cut for men. I’ve looked into En Femme but if you’re not 5′ 9″ to 6′ 2″ then your out of luck. So yes if your line will also have dresses, skirts, and all the glorious items us girl would love.

Hugs

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

I would go along with a feminine blouses or jeans for a man, but I just can see a man wearing a dress with their straight body or pot belly. A woman’s body, with all their curves, was just made for wearing a dress.

I voted no. The whole idea to me is to wear women’s clothes. Yes, men are built different than women and I am doubtful I will ever pass as a women. I am and have been trying to slim down so that I don’t look odd in a dress but look comfortable and having fun.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

My answer is really, “It depends” On price, first, and the look and style, etc. next.

For me, when I dress up, I want to look like a woman, so to the end I wear breast forms, hip and bum padded panty, sometimes a waist cincher of some kind. So with all of this underwear, admittedly sometimes uncomfortable, I usually fit into women’s clothes fairly well. A US size dress 10 or 12 usually fits me well with those foundation garments.

You might consider making nice looking panties designed for males, as many women’s panties that I like actually don’t fit me well enough.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Amy

The main problem I have with women’s dresses is sleeve length, a full sleeve is always short on me. As long as my wrist and forearm fit the cuff, I deal with the sleeve length. Dresses with more room in the shoulder and side chest areas is always a benefit. I agree with some of the other comments, the look and style would also be a factor to me.

Hey Aaron (& everyone),

A big part of the thrill for me is making myself feminine, including appearance.  For me  that involves breast forms and bras, and a corset to get my shape more female (waist to hip ratio and all).  And, of course, the feel of womens’ clothing is huge for me.  I don’t think I’d be interested in womens’ clothes that fit my male figure – sorry!  I believe there are some who would, just not me!

Mikey

Anonymous

As long as it still looks feminine and uses the same materials, absolutely. Most dresses made for GGs wouldn’t fit me properly anyway.

Hi, Aaron

I voted yes because I will try anything that gets me closer to a good fit, but, that said, I agree with others here that the point is to be en femme, so the dress would have to be girly. I am open to the idea!

Regarding lingerie, I have tried the gender neutral lingerie and while it is better than men’s underwear, I feel less girly, so I do prefer women’s intimate apparel. I generally go a size above to allow for fit, but it seems to work!

Keep us posted!

Hugs,

Ginny

Anonymous

Hello ladies…

Why????….

we had this subject raised a while back about ” specially made lacy Y- fronts”…..and sorry, but this girl wouldn’t wear them either…..

Just my opinion, grace ❤️

Anonymous

Hello Aaron

I like the idea.

You make products that are feminine but the fit is designed to take into consideration things like men’s wider shoulders.

I believe En Femme that advertises on CDH does exactly the same thing. This is what they say about blouses….Blouses made with all the right proportions to fit the crossdresser or trans woman such as arm length and shoulder width. Smooth satins and soft cottons will delight your feminine side.

Go for it!!!!

Jessica

Anonymous

They do! Everything on their site is purely feminine, but tailored to fit the crossdresser or T-girl. And everything on their site is gorgeous!

Ick!

The very idea gives me the heebeegeebees.

I don’t like men’s stuff.

That’s why I am a cross dresser!

The clothes must be made for women or, just, like eeeyeeeww!!

It’s a personal feeling – no offence 😍😍😍

Love Laura

Anonymous

What about clothes from En Femme?

I’ve seen people mention them, and I just Googled it and found a dress on Amazon that looks nice but expensive – I just bought 3 dresses from Schein for nearly half of the cost!

Plus it’s modelled by a genetic man, so I feel kinda icky just looking at it.

They don’t deliver to the UK, but if that’s typical of the merchandise, then it’s not for me.

Love Laura

Anonymous

I’ve found that a lot of places that cater for trans women charge too much its almost like a trans tax! I’d much rather buy items from genuine womens shops, they are rather lovely when you tell them your a trans women place that comes to mind is ann summers yes you heard me right! I recently joined there newsletter and after a little confusion I told them I’m a trans woman and they are giving me discount on the next 5items I buy x

I have received an amazing order from J D Williams – no issues signing up and quick delivery.  Lovely, lovely items!

Still waiting for an order from Shein – more dresses per buck, but quality remains to be seen…

These are my rewards for dry January – could be a dry February too!

Love Laura

Stevie65
      Lady

Right to the point…. NO!! The same fear in every CD is the dreaded comment….. you look like a guy in a womans dress. We dress because we are fem. We do not like anything to do with DRAB. We rather wear womens clothes 24/7. Just the thought turns my stomach

Stevie

I lost all fear of that comment, darling – and there’s no need to fear it, because it only comes out of the mouths of idiots or confused people.

The first time I got a comment like that, it was indirectly.

I’d been enjoying a lovely walk along the promenade in a gorgeous white sun dress, and I paused by the pier, leaning on a railing and enjoying the view of the beach in the morning sunshine.

Suddenly, I heard a voice from below:

“Hey, bro – is that a girl or a dude?”

The reply came hesitantly;

“Uuuh, that’s a dude, man!”

Back came the response: “F^$& me, bro!”

I’ve had about 3 negative comments in many, many outings, and many, many more positive and complimentary comments each time I’ve been out.

The very first comment I got was from a middle aged lady who was walking some dogs.

She looked hard at me, and I braced myself for the negative comment. I was wearing the same sun dress, a rather tatty wig, and no makeup.

She smiled and said “You look lovely”.

I was stunned – obviously I looked like the man in a dress that I was, yet this lady was not only not offended, but felt moved to pass a nice comment.

I thought that, if a complete stranger thought that, then others must too – so I only listen to the friendly people, and ignore the idiots.

After all, I wouldn’t dream of passing a negative comment about someone who’s clothing I didn’t like, as it’s none of my business, just like it’s none of theirs.

Fear killed 😍😍😍

Love Laura

Most of the replies I am seeing here really illustrate that this site isn’t for the 6’ 230lbs CD.

This site is for every genuine cross dresser, sweetie – no prejudice, no judgement on people who CD.

The comments simply reflect the feelings of the members who have posted so far and are nothing to do with the sizing.

There are plenty of plus size sites – but if they don’t quite cater for you, while other sites do, any information you can share to help others is very useful – we’re not all lucky enough to be beanpoles here – although it’s hard enough to find a size 12 dress that works on a 6′ 4″ frame with a 40″ chest!

Love Laura

Not so easy for five foot seven and 230 pounds, with a 46 inch chest either. But I get by. I don’t think I’ll be buying any man dresses either. I can still find stuff that fits, looks good, and is quite femme.

Bridgette vS

same here. I am 6’2′ and 180, but I can find almost anything. I am a size 12 in shoes, though, so heels are difficult!

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I would never wear something like that. What’s the point? I wear women’s clothes because I identify as a woman. I don’t see a big market for this.

Check out Torrid. Their stuff is hot. They make clothes that fit women WAY bigger than me, and I’m a big girl. I’d encourage you to design stylish and affordable clothes for big women. Definitely a big market for that.

Not for me, thanks, how can I feel like a woman, while dressed in something for a man? Kind of counter intuitive. Its like wearing lip balm, and calling it lipstick.
      Regi

Anonymous

It kinda defeats the object? I like womens clothes why would I want a dress made for a man? I want a dress made for a woman as I am a woman inside, underneath this poor excuse for a man is a beautiful woman screaming to get out! So I let her out daily

Anonymous

I’ve read all the reply’s and comments on this thread, I think the  answer  to the question might be no we are not interested.

But i might wrong just a vibe I’m picking up here

Anonymous

I’ve worn women’s dresses and skirts and blouses, and they just don’t fit right or feel right.  Obviously, men and women are shaped differently and the clothing we wear should reflect those many and varied shapes.

Yeah … I think a rethinking of how clothes are made is a real deal.  Thanks for considering it!

Erin Leanne

Carla
      Lady

A personal opinion. I love women’s clothes so much I really can’t contemplate them being made with a man in mind. I would much rather have a slightly misfitting dress, skirt or blouse rather than a perfectly fitting item made for a man. But isn’t that where we need the world to be? Exactly the same clothes but measured for men? Personally, I love the fact that my feminine side is so at odds with my dreary male side. To this day it excites me and feels just right.

Carla x

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Carla.

Can’t really answer without seeing them. If I liked how they looked and they looked good on  then definitely yes.

I think a range of dresses for men would help expose the possibility, to go a little way to ‘normalise’ it. So may be tempted to buy in part to show support to the idea of men in dresses.

❤️Bianca

I for one would love to buy female clothing that was made for CD men, as I have found it quite hard to find cute outfits that fit my frame. some outfits fit nicely and some are just to tight in areas that are more noticeable

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Aaron
      I think I can see both sides of the discussion and so much depends on how someone has come to Crossdressing and where they think they are going For myself mmy crossdressing is about the ffabrics, colours, and designs rather than feeling there is a woman trying to come out from me. I recognise that there are contradictions in my approach in that I have tried to go further in achieving a more complete woman image than my main motivation would suggest and can not reconcile within myself whether this is because trying to move towards passable as a female makes it more acceptable than just being an obvious bloke in a frock or whether there is a bit of wanting to adopt female mannerisms bubbling away in my sub conscious.
      But going back to your original posting I have said yes because it would be nice to have dresses in particular that were designed to accommodate the limitations that our male bodies present when trying to wear dresses designed for the female form but I do suspect that it would not be feasible to compete on price with what can be purchased in main stream women’s fashion retailing which while not fitting perfectly can with appropriate choice satisfy most of the crossdressing objective.
      Rachel

Skirts on men, And why do they annoy us so much? After all, if you remember, trousers on women not so long ago were also equated to something supernatural.

I’m thankful that I am very petite and have never had a problem finding dresses that I liked that didn’t come in my size.

Women’s clothes fit me much better than men’s. Like the big women who prefer shopping in the men’s dept. because men’s clothes fit them better. I prefer shopping in the women’s or even girls dept.

Interesting post and reading the comments from you girls.
      I can all sides of the argument.

In my case I can’t get to wearing any kind of dress, so I’d grab at anything that seems like a dress.

Hope that makes sense

Liz

Anonymous

If it was a dress that looked feminine and was made with the same materials, but cut to fit the male physique, yes. Otherwise no.

Skirts on men, And why do they annoy us so much? After all, if you remember, trousers on women not so long ago were also equated to something supernatural. However, modern young ladies quite calmly manage to maneuver between pants, shirts, breeches, skirts, and dresses of different lengths. So why do men have to be content exclusively with trousers, shorts, and breeches? Why don’t they dress up in cute men’s dresses? Recently, men’s skirts with rivets, like 6 Panel Hats, have been looking cool. Also, men’s skirts can be worn with various hoodies and so on.

Anonymous

At 6’, 170, a women’s large usually works, just depends on the cut. I have worked hard to transform myself from a 215lb hairy guy to a 170lb smooth, somewhat fem body. No questions from anyone, and my SO seems to love me just the way I am now as well. In my profile pic, I am wearing a size 14 White House Black Market dress that just seems to fit me perfectly. It’s nice to really feel like I have always wanted to feel…looking fem wearing a dress made to fit a woman😉

Haley😘

Anonymous

Haley I just love WHBM and bought for my former wife and current girlfriend items from there. I must shop there for myself too!

Anonymous
      Lady

I want my dresses to be made for women so its up to me to transform my body with shaping and padding to resemble a female body otherwise I’m just a man in a dress. Not all dresses are going to work because men and women both come in all sorts of different body shapes and thats the fun of shopping.

Anonymous

X3 Mikey…

Grace…❤️

Having listened to her views, I agree with Stephanie P (as so often is the case!). What is the point indeed! I want room for the boobs, and the waist, the shoulders, the ass, the crotch, all the above and below, found in women’s clothes. I am trying to be a woman, FFS, as I dress like a man more than I would like!

My two cents, revised.

Hugs,

Ginny

Anonymous

Agreed sister. If it was cut to fit male proportions on the shoulder, but still hold boobs and look feminine, like what En Femme does, I will wear it. But not if cut for no boobs

I’ll very cautiously wade in here, Stephanie.   Like so many here, I have no interest in women’s wear for men. I like shopping in the women’s department, rummaging through the bargain bins, holding up a potential purchase to imagine how it might fit. I love all of that because the clothes are for women and I’m buying it for me!

I really love all the opinions and viewpoints on CDH. I’ve learned so much, felt so supported and every now and then perhaps supported someone else. The most significant revelation is the incredible spectrum of CD/TG present here. Everyone with their own story, their own tastes, their own special place on the spectrum. All individual, all valid.

Like everyone else here, I try to find my way through each and every day, looking for victories and quashing fears.

You were only asking for responses from those who agree with your comments. The only place of departure for me is the classifying of some as “vanilla” crossdressers. The implication is that some types of crossdressing are more valued than others. Forgive me if I’ve misinterpreted your comment.

Best,

Clara (the girl with a few sprinkles and a cherry on top of her vanilla)

Anonymous

Stephanie, those who wear manbras aren’t crossdresses.  They’re not women. They’re sissies. If I’m wearing something supposed to be feminine, then it should be feminine. En Femme all the way!

Anonymous

Me neither. Just was putting that out there. I’ve seen the designs for them and they’re horrendous. I shudder just thinking about them.

I’m with you, girls!

hugs,

Ginny

If you use “the cherry on top”, you’ll also need to use the sprinkles! You are a doll.

Be well,

Clara

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?