Would you buy dresses made specifically for men?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Creator
    Topic
    Aaron Smith
    Participant
    Registered On: January 2, 2020
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello everyone,

I have been thinking about making dresses for men. I did a quick internet search to see that there are men who like to and do wear dresses. There aren’t any products specifically for them really. However as I am sure you all are aware, the body shapes of men and women are different which means so are the cuts of the clothes. I would like to design and make dresses (and other clothes recently considered women’s only) for men. This would mean the shoulders would be wider, chest, waist and hip proportions would be different as well to more accommodate the male physique.

I have a question for those here who are males but crossdressing as females,  would you be interested in such products or would you be more inclined to continue purchasing clothes made specifically for women? I would love to hear your answers and any further elaboration on your choice as well. Thank you all.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rachel Williams
      Lady
      Registered On: November 3, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 114

Hi Aaron
      I think I can see both sides of the discussion and so much depends on how someone has come to Crossdressing and where they think they are going For myself mmy crossdressing is about the ffabrics, colours, and designs rather than feeling there is a woman trying to come out from me. I recognise that there are contradictions in my approach in that I have tried to go further in achieving a more complete woman image than my main motivation would suggest and can not reconcile within myself whether this is because trying to move towards passable as a female makes it more acceptable than just being an obvious bloke in a frock or whether there is a bit of wanting to adopt female mannerisms bubbling away in my sub conscious.
      But going back to your original posting I have said yes because it would be nice to have dresses in particular that were designed to accommodate the limitations that our male bodies present when trying to wear dresses designed for the female form but I do suspect that it would not be feasible to compete on price with what can be purchased in main stream women’s fashion retailing which while not fitting perfectly can with appropriate choice satisfy most of the crossdressing objective.
      Rachel

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Maily Miatra
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 12, 2021
      Replies: 5

I for one would love to buy female clothing that was made for CD men, as I have found it quite hard to find cute outfits that fit my frame. some outfits fit nicely and some are just to tight in areas that are more noticeable

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 637

Can’t really answer without seeing them. If I liked how they looked and they looked good on  then definitely yes.

I think a range of dresses for men would help expose the possibility, to go a little way to ‘normalise’ it. So may be tempted to buy in part to show support to the idea of men in dresses.

❤️Bianca

Carla
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2016
      Replies: 27

A personal opinion. I love women’s clothes so much I really can’t contemplate them being made with a man in mind. I would much rather have a slightly misfitting dress, skirt or blouse rather than a perfectly fitting item made for a man. But isn’t that where we need the world to be? Exactly the same clothes but measured for men? Personally, I love the fact that my feminine side is so at odds with my dreary male side. To this day it excites me and feels just right.

Carla x

• This reply was modified 6 days ago by Carla.
      Erin
      Lady
      Registered On: October 21, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 3

I’ve worn women’s dresses and skirts and blouses, and they just don’t fit right or feel right.  Obviously, men and women are shaped differently and the clothing we wear should reflect those many and varied shapes.

Yeah … I think a rethinking of how clothes are made is a real deal.  Thanks for considering it!

Erin Leanne

Emily Violet
      Lady
      Registered On: August 7, 2020
      Replies: 26

I’ve read all the reply’s and comments on this thread, I think the  answer  to the question might be no we are not interested.

But i might wrong just a vibe I’m picking up here

Regine Rich
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 534

Not for me, thanks, how can I feel like a woman, while dressed in something for a man? Kind of counter intuitive. Its like wearing lip balm, and calling it lipstick.
      Regi

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Krissy Richards
        Registered On: June 11, 2020
        Topics: 2
        Replies: 146

It kinda defeats the object? I like womens clothes why would I want a dress made for a man? I want a dress made for a woman as I am a woman inside, underneath this poor excuse for a man is a beautiful woman screaming to get out! So I let her out daily

Emily Alt
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 415

I would never wear something like that. What’s the point? I wear women’s clothes because I identify as a woman. I don’t see a big market for this.

Check out Torrid. Their stuff is hot. They make clothes that fit women WAY bigger than me, and I’m a big girl. I’d encourage you to design stylish and affordable clothes for big women. Definitely a big market for that.

Fiona Shrek
      Lady
      Registered On: September 18, 2020
      Replies: 15

Most of the replies I am seeing here really illustrate that this site isn’t for the 6’ 230lbs CD.

Laura Lovett
        Lady
        Registered On: March 26, 2020
        Topics: 12
        Replies: 757

This site is for every genuine cross dresser, sweetie – no prejudice, no judgement on people who CD.

The comments simply reflect the feelings of the members who have posted so far and are nothing to do with the sizing.

There are plenty of plus size sites – but if they don’t quite cater for you, while other sites do, any information you can share to help others is very useful – we’re not all lucky enough to be beanpoles here – although it’s hard enough to find a size 12 dress that works on a 6′ 4″ frame with a 40″ chest!

Love Laura

Bridgette VonSmirff
          Lady
          Registered On: October 18, 2020
          Topics: 13
          Replies: 211

Not so easy for five foot seven and 230 pounds, with a 46 inch chest either. But I get by. I don’t think I’ll be buying any man dresses either. I can still find stuff that fits, looks good, and is quite femme.

Bridgette vS

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Ginny Virginia
            Lady
            Registered On: December 22, 2020
            Topics: 5
            Replies: 122

same here. I am 6’2′ and 180, but I can find almost anything. I am a size 12 in shoes, though, so heels are difficult!

Stevie65
      Lady
      Registered On: September 6, 2019
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 133

Right to the point…. NO!! The same fear in every CD is the dreaded comment….. you look like a guy in a womans dress. We dress because we are fem. We do not like anything to do with DRAB. We rather wear womens clothes 24/7. Just the thought turns my stomach

Stevie

Laura Lovett
        Lady

I lost all fear of that comment, darling – and there’s no need to fear it, because it only comes out of the mouths of idiots or confused people.

The first time I got a comment like that, it was indirectly.

I’d been enjoying a lovely walk along the promenade in a gorgeous white sun dress, and I paused by the pier, leaning on a railing and enjoying the view of the beach in the morning sunshine.

Suddenly, I heard a voice from below:

“Hey, bro – is that a girl or a dude?”

The reply came hesitantly;

“Uuuh, that’s a dude, man!”

Back came the response: “F^$& me, bro!”

I’ve had about 3 negative comments in many, many outings, and many, many more positive and complimentary comments each time I’ve been out.

The very first comment I got was from a middle aged lady who was walking some dogs.

She looked hard at me, and I braced myself for the negative comment. I was wearing the same sun dress, a rather tatty wig, and no makeup.

She smiled and said “You look lovely”.

I was stunned – obviously I looked like the man in a dress that I was, yet this lady was not only not offended, but felt moved to pass a nice comment.

I thought that, if a complete stranger thought that, then others must too – so I only listen to the friendly people, and ignore the idiots.

After all, I wouldn’t dream of passing a negative comment about someone who’s clothing I didn’t like, as it’s none of my business, just like it’s none of theirs.

Fear killed 😍😍😍

Love Laura

Laura Lovett
      Lady

Ick!

The very idea gives me the heebeegeebees.

I don’t like men’s stuff.

That’s why I am a cross dresser!

The clothes must be made for women or, just, like eeeyeeeww!!

It’s a personal feeling – no offence 😍😍😍

Love Laura

Anonymous
        Registered On:
        Topics: 4
        Replies: 104

What about clothes from En Femme?

Laura Lovett
          Lady

I’ve seen people mention them, and I just Googled it and found a dress on Amazon that looks nice but expensive – I just bought 3 dresses from Schein for nearly half of the cost!

Plus it’s modelled by a genetic man, so I feel kinda icky just looking at it.

They don’t deliver to the UK, but if that’s typical of the merchandise, then it’s not for me.

Love Laura

Krissy Richards
            Registered On: June 11, 2020
            Topics: 2
            Replies: 146

I’ve found that a lot of places that cater for trans women charge too much its almost like a trans tax! I’d much rather buy items from genuine womens shops, they are rather lovely when you tell them your a trans women place that comes to mind is ann summers yes you heard me right! I recently joined there newsletter and after a little confusion I told them I’m a trans woman and they are giving me discount on the next 5items I buy x

Laura Lovett
            Lady

I have received an amazing order from J D Williams – no issues signing up and quick delivery.  Lovely, lovely items!

Still waiting for an order from Shein – more dresses per buck, but quality remains to be seen…

These are my rewards for dry January – could be a dry February too!

Love Laura

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 117
      Replies: 1333

Mandresses – what a drab thought, the image I am getting is not pleasant.

I am making a reasonable assumption here that dresses designed for men (and not specifically for CD’ers) would not be cut to accommodate a decent set of boobs. Otherwise what is the point?

Of course vanilla CD’ers who do not identify as female might be interested, but TG girls like myself  and CD’ers , who have a strong femme side,  would surely find the idea of no interest or even abhorrent. I suspect the take up would be disappointingly low for you.

A question for our CD girls here – try asking our GG’s if they would wear a dress designed for men.  Go on! I dare you!   I am confident you wouldn’t like the answer.   (I asked a similar question a while back and got well and truly put down.)

Dresses designed for women are challenging for some of us, but so are they for many GG’s. The whole point of a CD’er wearing a dress is that  they are designed to appeal to our feminine side.

Mandresses!  Manpanties!  what next?  Manbras?   Wake up girls!  Defeminised hybrid clothing – YUK. This is an attempt to masculinise us! or at the least capitalise on and exploit us. You want to be a hybrid? – count me out.

Only my opinion, and no offence meant.

You don’t need to guess my answer.

do not reply – unless in agreement , Stephanie P 😧❌❌❌❌

Clara Cross
        Lady
        Registered On: December 7, 2020
        Replies: 51

I’ll very cautiously wade in here, Stephanie.   Like so many here, I have no interest in women’s wear for men. I like shopping in the women’s department, rummaging through the bargain bins, holding up a potential purchase to imagine how it might fit. I love all of that because the clothes are for women and I’m buying it for me!

I really love all the opinions and viewpoints on CDH. I’ve learned so much, felt so supported and every now and then perhaps supported someone else. The most significant revelation is the incredible spectrum of CD/TG present here. Everyone with their own story, their own tastes, their own special place on the spectrum. All individual, all valid.

Like everyone else here, I try to find my way through each and every day, looking for victories and quashing fears.

You were only asking for responses from those who agree with your comments. The only place of departure for me is the classifying of some as “vanilla” crossdressers. The implication is that some types of crossdressing are more valued than others. Forgive me if I’ve misinterpreted your comment.

Best,

Clara (the girl with a few sprinkles and a cherry on top of her vanilla)

stephanie plumb
          Baroness - Annual

Caution not required Clara.

By vanilla crossdresser I meant crossdresser in the literal or pure sense of the word (like vanilla is pure ice cream) rather than someone who identifies as Transgender or some other gender.

I.e.  “Someone who dresses up in clothes not commonly associated with one’s sex” (wikipedia).   There are other definitions too like “a nontransgender person who dresses in clothing  typically worn by members of a different sex,”   (Dictionary.com)

I was not implying they have less value, only that they are possibly more likely to be interested in femme clothes made for men, whereas Transgenders probably prefer clothes made for women.  Perhaps my language was a bit clumsy – I was in mid rant!

My final comment about only replying if you agree was tongue-in-cheek and intended to head of any counter discussion. In other words –  I had nothing more to say.

I love your “cherry on top of her vanilla” – may I use it?

Stephanie P x

Clara Cross
            Lady
            Registered On: December 7, 2020
            Replies: 51

If you use “the cherry on top”, you’ll also need to use the sprinkles! You are a doll.

Be well,

Clara

Anonymous
        Registered On:

Agreed sister. If it was cut to fit male proportions on the shoulder, but still hold boobs and look feminine, like what En Femme does, I will wear it. But not if cut for no boobs

Ginny Virginia
        Lady

Having listened to her views, I agree with Stephanie P (as so often is the case!). What is the point indeed! I want room for the boobs, and the waist, the shoulders, the ass, the crotch, all the above and below, found in women’s clothes. I am trying to be a woman, FFS, as I dress like a man more than I would like!

My two cents, revised.

Hugs,

Ginny

stephanie plumb
          Baroness - Annual

Good for you Ginny! You have seen the light, girlfriend.  ✔

Sometimes when you look beneath the surface you can see the reality.  All CD’ers bemoan and complain that they can’t freely wear feminine clothes but GG’s can wear man clothes.

Now they want to wear hybrid mandresses!  CD liberation out of the window?

Masculinised & defeminised dresses.  Bra’s are specifically designed for women – now one can buy manbra’s!  Why?…….    I really do not understand it.   How can you explore your feminine side by wearing dresses designed for men? Take something feminine and masculinise it – why?

Still each to her (his) own.

Sorry for the rant. I have strong views on this, in case you hadn’t noticed.

Anonymous
            Registered On:

Stephanie, those who wear manbras aren’t crossdresses.  They’re not women. They’re sissies. If I’m wearing something supposed to be feminine, then it should be feminine. En Femme all the way!

stephanie plumb
            Baroness - Annual

Now we are in an area where I fear to tread.  It takes all sorts in our diverse world. My comments are only aimed at the ‘mainstream’  CD/TG audience – those self identifying as female or professing to be  seeking their feminine side.   Thanks for the insight. I will never understand it though……

Anonymous
            Registered On:

Me neither. Just was putting that out there. I’ve seen the designs for them and they’re horrendous. I shudder just thinking about them.

stephanie plumb
            Baroness - Annual

Me too.

In fact I now shudder at the thought of wearing anything not designed for women.

Ginny Virginia
            Lady

I’m with you, girls!

hugs,

Ginny

Jessica Ross
      Lady
      Registered On: December 9, 2020
      Replies: 118

Hello Aaron

I like the idea.

You make products that are feminine but the fit is designed to take into consideration things like men’s wider shoulders.

I believe En Femme that advertises on CDH does exactly the same thing. This is what they say about blouses….Blouses made with all the right proportions to fit the crossdresser or trans woman such as arm length and shoulder width. Smooth satins and soft cottons will delight your feminine side.

Go for it!!!!

Jessica

Anonymous
        Registered On:

They do! Everything on their site is purely feminine, but tailored to fit the crossdresser or T-girl. And everything on their site is gorgeous!

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 47
      Replies: 1344

Hello ladies…

Why????….

we had this subject raised a while back about ” specially made lacy Y- fronts”…..and sorry, but this girl wouldn’t wear them either…..

Just my opinion, grace ❤️

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Ginny Virginia
      Lady

Hi, Aaron

I voted yes because I will try anything that gets me closer to a good fit, but, that said, I agree with others here that the point is to be en femme, so the dress would have to be girly. I am open to the idea!

Regarding lingerie, I have tried the gender neutral lingerie and while it is better than men’s underwear, I feel less girly, so I do prefer women’s intimate apparel. I generally go a size above to allow for fit, but it seems to work!

Keep us posted!

Hugs,

Ginny

Anonymous
      Registered On:

As long as it still looks feminine and uses the same materials, absolutely. Most dresses made for GGs wouldn’t fit me properly anyway.

Mikey Johnson
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Replies: 114

Hey Aaron (& everyone),

A big part of the thrill for me is making myself feminine, including appearance.  For me  that involves breast forms and bras, and a corset to get my shape more female (waist to hip ratio and all).  And, of course, the feel of womens’ clothing is huge for me.  I don’t think I’d be interested in womens’ clothes that fit my male figure – sorry!  I believe there are some who would, just not me!

Mikey

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual

x 500 Mikey

lacey Steph xx

Genevïéve
        Lady
        Registered On: July 28, 2020
        Replies: 521

x2 Mikey…

Gen… 💋

Grace Scarlett
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: July 26, 2020
          Topics: 47
          Replies: 1344

X3 Mikey…

Grace…❤️

Brittney Andrews
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2019
      Replies: 624

The main problem I have with women’s dresses is sleeve length, a full sleeve is always short on me. As long as my wrist and forearm fit the cuff, I deal with the sleeve length. Dresses with more room in the shoulder and side chest areas is always a benefit. I agree with some of the other comments, the look and style would also be a factor to me.

Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 1144

My answer is really, “It depends” On price, first, and the look and style, etc. next.

For me, when I dress up, I want to look like a woman, so to the end I wear breast forms, hip and bum padded panty, sometimes a waist cincher of some kind. So with all of this underwear, admittedly sometimes uncomfortable, I usually fit into women’s clothes fairly well. A US size dress 10 or 12 usually fits me well with those foundation garments.

You might consider making nice looking panties designed for males, as many women’s panties that I like actually don’t fit me well enough.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Amy

Danny Amone
      Lady
      Registered On: September 30, 2019
      Replies: 33

I voted no. The whole idea to me is to wear women’s clothes. Yes, men are built different than women and I am doubtful I will ever pass as a women. I am and have been trying to slim down so that I don’t look odd in a dress but look comfortable and having fun.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness
      Registered On: April 7, 2018
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 202

I would go along with a feminine blouses or jeans for a man, but I just can see a man wearing a dress with their straight body or pot belly. A woman’s body, with all their curves, was just made for wearing a dress.

Alysha
      Lady
      Registered On: October 22, 2019
      Replies: 22

I would like to see more female style clothing cut for men. I’ve looked into En Femme but if you’re not 5′ 9″ to 6′ 2″ then your out of luck. So yes if your line will also have dresses, skirts, and all the glorious items us girl would love.

Hugs

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 31
      Replies: 718

The simple answer for me would be no just on principle. I know of one site that sells bras.panties,and camisoles made for men. They are pretty but also very expensive and even if I was inclined to buy lingerie made for men the price would discourage making a purchase. One can find loads of pretty dresses all over the internet for under $30 and I rarely pay more so,unless you plan to work pretty much for free, I would say such a business would not work.

Patty Phose
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Replies: 1499

I definitely would consider it. It would be tailored to fit the male body type, probably fit better but still look fem and pretty.

Jay Upton
      Lady
      Registered On: November 28, 2019
      Replies: 10

I got a sewing machine for Christmas specifically cause I have this same interest. I am not built like any woman they are making commercial clothing for, specifically all parts through the torso.

I’m a distance off from trying to make clothing, so it’s more of a long term goal. I did make some decent napkins over the weekend, and I did enjoy the process and the learning how that machine worked. We will get some more napkins, some pillows and perhaps some curtains along the way, at the least.

Would love to talk more

DeLora
      Lady
      Registered On: October 15, 2019
      Topics: 60
      Replies: 283

There is currently a company, enfemme style, that does what you described. They make feminine clothing designed for the male body. I have looked at their stuff and they do seem to do a good job, and their clothes do seem to fit a man while giving the illusion of a feminine figure. Unfortunately, their clothes are mostly out of my price range.
      I think if you could create a line of clothing specifically for MtF CDs you would find a market for sure. I know I’d be interested!!

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1686

I’ve seen comments showing that there is a market for this, but I’m convinced that most of us who wear dresses do so as an expression of our feminine side. If I’m correct, the market would be limited a sub-group of heterosexual-only men, and the market would be quite limited.

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual

Absolutely agree with you Bettylou  …  atta girl!   The whole concept of defeminised mandresses appals me.

Stephanie P x

Jin Crocker
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Replies: 284

While I think dresses made for men are a great idea, I just prefer ones that are made for women. I like the girly feel, the naughtiness, the flirtyness. The male dresses that I have seen are dark colors, and drab styles.

Ashley
        Lady
        Registered On: May 25, 2019
        Replies: 188

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I would love to see more dresses and women’s type items made for men, but it’s just not for me. Shopping for women’s things is fun and part of what got me into cross dressing. Something could be super feminine, but if I know it’s made for men my interest in it just drops off completely.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.