Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Could be cross-posted to the GG forum, too.

How do you girls deal with dressing in the summer. By the time I get forms, bra and hose on I’m sweating like a pig. Even without putting on a summer weight dress yet. Takes 30 minutes for me to cool down enough to start makeup. How do others deal with this problem? Am I just too fat?

I emigrated to Australia from the UK eleven years ago, and it took me six or seven years to get used to the summer heat (or specifically the humidity) in the area in which I live. And it’s pretty mild in comparison with some areas too.

I’ve never found the clothes much of an issue – bra, panties and a dress are cooler and lighter than most male stuff I wear. But a layer of concealer and foundation, plus a wig? That took some getting used to. I even briefly grew out my hair in order to ditch the wigs altogether, but it didn’t really work for me.

Anyway, I’m pretty much used to it now, and can dress fully, with makeup and wig, and go out on days where it’s over 30C

Ouch

Try showering in cool water before hand, and shampoo your hair if long enough for a fully enfem hair style.

It helps if you keep your AC on about 72° or 74° in my area today it was 85°F

.my SOGGF decided that 2day I had 2 wear the following being that she was taking me shopping at a nearby mall

1. Blue/White/Black Spandex BodyCon Minidress. It’s  Blue with white and black vertical wide stripes on right and left sides each color stripe about 3″ wide main body of dress is royal Blue. Nicely tight And Short,
      2.  Leggs ACTIVE Support Suntan Pantyhose  SOGGF says when a lady wears a miniskirt outfit or minidress PHOSE ie required regardless of the weather and temperature  UNLESS one is at the beach.
      3. Fingers French Manicured and pedicured RUBY RED TOES.
      4. HOT CURLING IRONED Hair after shampooing and blow drying after applying Tresume Curling Moose
      5. Black Flats.

TTook me about 1.5 hour including makeup and hair.

Got to run, going to a late dinner

K Swim
      Lady

Since my only dress of choice is one piece swimsuits that are under my normal male clothes as I head to the lake and wait for night fall, I do not have that problem. There are times though that it is so hot outside that I have to find somewhere to hide so that I can take off my shirt and roll the top part of my suit down beneath my belt line under my shorts. Since my preferred swimsuit of choices are racer back and similar athletic styles, I know that my sweat on those hot days will soak my shirt and make that obvious appearance through it.

At home, there are no trees in my yard to shade my roof, so when the sun is beating down on it and my A/C is struggling to cool my house causing me to sweat inside of (what is supposed to be) the comfort of my own home, I find that taking a cool shower will stop the sweating for a little while.

The heat and humidity is the heat and the humidity. I’m affect the same how i choose to dress. It can be horrible, but it is life. I cannot, however,  speak of how makeup would change my opinion as I do wear any.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Emily
      Lady

The wig is the hottest thing for me. Skirts and tops are what I usually wear and they tend to be cooler than even shorts and a t-shirt. Fro me, part of the overheating issue is in the excitement of dressing. Take your time, dress slowly and thoughtfully. Take time to enjoy the process. Maybe put on makeup dressed in bra and panties? Then finish dressing. A fan in the bathroom can help during makeup application as well.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Pantyhose, platform wedges and short summer dresses is pretty much me everyday in the summer months. A bra with silicone forms can be hot and sticky. I bought some foam forms for that. The wig can be hot like wearing a hat. You just have to limit your time out with one on.

As far as sweating goes, and the effects it has on your makeup, I’ve always fond to be a challenge. My solution for that has been to be very close shaved and put on some lipstick and large mirrored sunglasses. it looks fem and hides the fact I’m not wearing makeup except for lipstick.

Before getting dressed on a hot day I make sure the house is well aired, have a cold drink, then if needed have a cool off in front of a fan for a little while. I get my into panties, bra & falsies; I don’t bother with tights, just go bare legged and wear a loose light skirt and top. A brush of my hair – after that I’m ready, (I don’t wear a wig, as I have grown my hair long in gender neutral style – I don’t wear makeup either). Usually I potter round the house bare foot, or if I going out for a little walk I wear a pair of lightweight shoes.

Anonymous

I choose a very light weight, stretchy bra for the summer.

Also the thinnest tights I can get away with, in a tan colour to tone down not hide my hairiness.

Because I choose unfrequented fields for my summer dress walking, it’s never been an issue.

I’ve only met a few people, and, like most Brits, they only talk about the weather!

Love Laura

I don’t do anything different apart from a lighter weight dress and lean to a lighter color unless what and where I’m going might be better in dark colors. To me the issue is my silicone forms. I have considered looking for something different to use in high temp situations however the area I live has more mild temps though I have been out in 100 degree F days. I will likely just live with it!

Sandy

Anonymous

Just like you would normally to be honest… If you are going to a place where it is hot for you, you might want to dress lighter… You also could get lighter make up or just go with a BB Cream if you are going to be hot and sweating.  Dress and prepare for the occasion appropriately.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m too hairy on the legs and arms and would get into deep strife with “the Boss” if I shaved it all off.. So once the Oz summer hits, Caty “reverse hibernates” until the cooler autumn days arrive.

As I have stated on this site before “Cross Dressing is a winter sport”.

Caty

Ashley
        Lady

Similar for me. Except where I am in Northern California, sometimes we can get mild to cool summer days which give me a chance to dress. Also from time to time I’ll dress partially, or dress as I normally would except for a wig.

I couldn’t do just a winter sport – love summer dresses too much!

Caty,

I’ve often thought like this as well.  Obviously the biggest issue is arms and legs.  I have shaved my legs before in the winter, but when it’s easily covered it’s not a huge issue.  I can’t bring myself to shave my arms though, too many questions. So, like you, cross dressing is best done in the colder months for me. Finding pretty dresses with sleeves can be tough tho! Any suggestions?

Caty Ryan
          Baroness

Hello Julie,

Sorry its taken so long to answer your post. I sometimes dont click on “replies”, cos it cloggs up my inbox.

Cant help you with summer dresses for two reasons 1/. I dont own any and 2/. Hey I’m “down here in Oz” remember!!??

So I’ll have to leave you to your own “up north” purchasing decisions.

Whilt on the subject of “up north”. My beloved and I are headed for North Queensland next week and 27C (maybe 80F) temperatures.

So Caty has to stay home. Cant risk any femme gear when I’m in shorts and t shirts for a week.

Cest La (CD) Vie

Caty

Anonymous

These days, I avoid dressing up in the summer. It’s just too bloody hot. There was a time when I did dress during the summer, when I could shave my whole bod and wear relatively skimpy outfits, but those days are over. When I did dress, I turned down the AC very low to the point of being almost uncomfortable. Then, of course, I reduced time I spent outdoors do an absolute minimum 🙂

I sweat like a whore in church! I hate dressing in the summer if I have to leave the house. Winter can’t get here fast enough!! Plus I love my sexy winter clothes!

Anonymous

I think the answer may be “stealth mode”. I took my wife shopping today in 100 F weather; we both wore Capris and tees. She’s not quite ready for Bettylou, so no wig or shapewear for me.

My main summer heat defeating trick is powder based body sprays. They cool me down and helps stop the sweat.

Here in the desert, summer heat is always a problem. I sweat freely, so that adds to it. Due to some health issues for my wife, the house is maintained at 74F. This creates a problem for doing makeup. The spare bedroom that I use for dressing and wardrobe storage, has a ceiling fan, but that wasn’t enough. I tried using a personal air conditioner (about an 8” cube in size), but that wasn’t enough either. Finally we added a separate air conditioner specifically for the room that I use. It is not connected in any way to the house HVAC system. The condensing unit is outside and the inside portion has the fan and directing vanes. I use this system when I am getting dressed. Otherwise, I don’t run it…

ChloeC
      Duchess

I tend to have more than my share of ‘dew’ in the summer.  It’s probably an inherited trait as some of my offspring are also ‘blessed’ with that problem.  I don’t go out much having a fully a/c house, but I also have a summer dress where the forms don’t quite fit as well, so I just dress down a little, not  using the forms. Changes my shape a little but it is summer and there are always trade-offs.  I also use a talc powder in places (yes, I’m aware of some of the issues associated).

[postquote quote=281165][/postquote]

Cornstarch is sold as an alternative to talcum powder…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?