- January 15, 2023 at 1:37 pm #709650Heather ThomasParticipantRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I have recently left the safety of ordering online and headed out to the women’s section of our local stores. Incidentally, I always hated shopping in the men’s department but love shopping the women’s . The selections and variety are amazing and I just get lost in the whole thing. I can hang out for hours!
Anyways, I was out yesterday and wanted to try on a dress as well as a couple blouses. I didn’t know whether to head over not the ladies dressing room or take the items back to the men’s department…
- January 23, 2023 at 10:10 am #711649Lisa ReneeLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 121 times
I used to shop at Dress Barn before they closed. I was normally dressed as a woman when I shopped and the SA would write my name on the door of a dressing room as she helped me pick out various item to try on. Occasionally I would be in male mode a peruse the clothes racks. The SA would ask if I needed any help and if I needed a dressing room. I accepted her offer several times and tried things on with no issues. Sometimes I even stepped out to ask for her opinion. I really miss that store.
- January 23, 2023 at 9:15 am #711630Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 567Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 1868 times
Lady things on the women’s side, man things on the man side. If you get any guff from the salesperson, you are shopping in the wrong store.
I find that as soon as I own up to shopping for myself, I cease being a pervert and become just another customer.
- January 17, 2023 at 6:39 am #710064Julie ShawLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2015Topics: 20Replies: 142Has thanked: 667 timesBeen thanked: 904 times
For me, it always depends on how I’m presenting. In male drab – head to the Men’s Dressing Rooms. When being my pretty self, it’s the Women’s, no question. If you act like you’re supposed to be there, hardly anyone will ever question you.
- January 17, 2023 at 6:41 am #710067
- January 17, 2023 at 2:50 am #710045J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 478Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1822 times
If there are SAs around I just ask to try my items one and let them direct me to the appropriate room for that stores policy. Most often I am just directed to the women’s dressing rooms, but occasionally the men’s (has only happened a couple times when drab.) If en femme, I has always used the ladies dressing rooms. In most lingerie shops there is no choice, and I have stood in line at VS with a few bras in hand with all the other ladies, which was quite enjoyable, actually.
- January 16, 2023 at 7:55 am #709833Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 1066Has thanked: 5385 timesBeen thanked: 4695 times
Pretty much do what others have said here. If in male mode I will take the clothing into the mens dressing room and if en femme I will use the women’s or a unisex if available. Only time I declined is if there is a line to get into a crowded women’s room. These days with trans awareness I don’t think anyone will say anything. Just present yourself if asked that you are trans and going through transition and dont say you’re a crossdressing male.
- January 17, 2023 at 7:05 am #710070
- January 16, 2023 at 6:32 am #709816Diana StocktonLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 25Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 88 times
- January 16, 2023 at 3:11 am #709776Nikki DahlLadyRegistered On: July 20, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 150Has thanked: 56 timesBeen thanked: 403 times
Whenever I go shopping it’s always in the womens department. Most of the the stores have unisex dressing rooms now. If not I use the dressing room that’s in the womens section. No need to carry all of my clothes over to the mens section!
- January 16, 2023 at 12:25 am #709762Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 1265Has thanked: 1405 timesBeen thanked: 6480 times
- January 15, 2023 at 3:50 pm #709695Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1398Has thanked: 5097 timesBeen thanked: 6394 times
- January 15, 2023 at 2:05 pm #709662JulieLadyRegistered On: March 19, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 90Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
The dressing rooms I have used sweetie are unisex. So trying on clothes in public is no problem hun. I even tried on women’s clothes in a women’s boutique after looking at all their dresses.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Julie.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.