• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Afternoon (Oz time) ladies

Some time ago in an Australian based forum I posed the above question on the basis that in some circles men dressing in women’s clothes are described as “dressing up”.

I suppose in my early CD days this would have applied, but now when I have Caty time I am certainly not “dressing up”, I’m doing the very normal thing of “getting dressed” and of course loving every second of it from the lingerie outwards .

And of course with forms attached and gaff in place, I feel so feminine as I dress there’s not an inkling that I’m dressing up, its just “me being me”.

Anyone else feel the same way??

Happy dressing,

Caty

Excellent topic Caty. I still unfortunately have to spend my day life in male clothing. When I am forced to wear that, that is when I am “dressing up”. When I wear what I want to wear, I’m just getting dressed. That’s how it’s always been for me. As far as I’m concerned, I’m not a guy. I’ve never identified as a guy. So even though I may appear to be a male, I feel crossdressed in men’s clothes not women’s.

Christy
      Lady

Caty,

good points. I rarely dress up, I just “get comfortable “. My own hair is long enough, but besides the casual clothes, shoes, jewelry, I just put on some lipstick and maybe mascara.

dressing up is usually a dress and full makeup.

The clothes that I elect to wear has always been about being true to me and being comfortable.  Getting dress is exactly that getting dress. Dressing up us for those special occasions when to the nines is required whether that is a suit or and formal dress. Casual clothes from athletic to work attire is not dressing up. Though I wish every day of having complete freedom with how and what I chose to wear, I am not dressing up unless the occasion calls for it.

That being said, my wife would probably disagree.  Though I do enjoy her acceptance, blessing, and support, I believe that she sees my choice to wear women’s clothing as dressing up. We continue to discuss our feelings and motivations on a regular basis. Her understanding is growing, but she struggles to see how my view is about being who I am especially since she continues to be concern that what I believe are feelings that she will lose the man she loves.

Hello ladies. I don’t think it is ever dressing up for me. It is getting dressed the way I would want to do it everyday.

Anonymous

Caty,

I believe you have a very good approach to the subject.

When I am getting dressed it is not really women’s or men’s clothes. They are my clothes, and it will be slacks and a shirt if I’m presenting as a guy, or skirts and blouses if I’m presenting as a woman.

But of course as a married family guy (with a not accepting and not even tolerating wife at this time) with limited oportunities to present as a woman, well, each one of those times is special, and I’ll very likely dress fancier than I would if I was living full time as a woman.

Hugs

Gaby

Anonymous

I currently have three states of dressing : public mode (aka male or drab), home mode (my normal everyday feminine attire)  and “dressing up” when I try out some makeup and wear something special.  I would say I’m getting dressed on the whole, except for the latter.

I am starting to add a new going out mode : feminine dressing for being unobtrusive in public places!  I’ve only been out a few times (three so far) but I hope to make this a more frequent happening.  This feels a bit like “normally dressed but throw a coat and boots on because it is cold out there”.

Caty,

I for one know exactly how you feel! When I get to let Katherine out, I’m not dressing up. It is more like I have the opportunity to get dress the way I feel comfortable or maybe a tad sexy. It is the same way I get dressed as a male, only I have many more fun options! Either way male for female I do not consider my self dressing up! Great topic!

Regards,

Katherine

For me “dressing up” would be for weddings, funerals, and cosplay. Otherwise I’m just “getting dressed”, now i just happen to have many more choices of what to wear.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Caty, thanks for posting an excellent question!  I do tend to think of it as getting dressed more so now than ever before and that when I went to the Halloween party that was dressing up in the boots, dress and hat.  But the makeup, undergarments and wig felt more as me being dressed.  So I think if I was going out to an event or a special occasion then most definitely dressing up. But when I am home and just want to wear my leggings and a long blouse that is more of me being dressed.   hugs, Michelle

Dressing is a way of life.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Thanks for all the lovely compliments ladies,

But sadly, as a wise old CD once said. “crossdressing is a winter sport”. It’s high 20’C’s here ATM, and I sitting at my computer in male T shirt and shortie PJ’;s Anything else is too hot.

But”relief”  is at hand AKA a big South wester starting near the Antarctic is due were within 48 hours. So I can go back to comfy “underdressing”.

Caty

Very thought provoking Caty, I’m a Disabled, old, 24/7, when at home behind closed doors, crossdresser. The first thing i think about when i wake up in the morning is whether to get dressed, or dress up, depending on how i feel , I live alone and am able to care for my basic needs. i do have ,what i call my angel come in once a week and do my house keeping and laundry. On the day she comes in I Dress UP, Completely. I came out to her from day ONE. My Son said i coined an original phrase when i told him the reason that i revealed My Real Self to Her. You can’t hide the dirt under the rug, from the one cleaning the Rug. This Getting Dressed Up, mskes my week. WE  AND ME want to be SEEN AS OUR TRUE FEM Selves. My Angel has been very supportive and encourages ME  to BE ME. The rest of the week i just get dressed in my girly mode and it just feels natural and the thing to do. I want so badly to go out shopping, etc in my full fem mode , but can’t because i live in a small country town and have kids and grands living near by. OH i forgot, i do get DRESSED UP on Sunday when I watch Mass and other Church Services. (LOL), on MY big screen TV.

Becka
      Lady

I like this Caty, and as I think of it when I’m dressing in my hybrid mode, I am “getting dressed”.

It is what I choose to wear.  I’m not playing “dress up”,

Excellent point and distinction!

Hugs and Kisses from the US,

R

Anonymous

I used to be confused about this, but not any more – no small thanks to you girls for sharing your experiences.

I am in a man’s body – I was born male, but questioned that identity from a very early age (6).

I have never had the desire to lose that small part which makes the main difference – and for that I’m glad.

Dressing is dressing – I really don’t feel cross-dressed, just dressed more comfortably, and absolutely feel this sense of loss and wrongness when returning to male clothing.

I think it’s all about expressing who you are – no great revelation, when you consider what fashion is.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?