Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Petra Sue
      Lady

The last time I went for a makeover, I left in a dress and heels.  My wife was with me, but didn’t want to drive in an area she didn’t know well.  I drove, but I’d have to say I wasn’t sitting in the most ladylike posture (picture man-spreading in a cute dress).   If I’d been wearing something tighter I wouldn’t have managed it.  Any advice on driving in heels?

Hi Petra this is cute and so envious of you with wife going with you for a fun girly day .. As a truck driver back in Florida many years ago was over by the coast and taking lunch saw a k-mart store going out of business and decided to look around as had time to kill .. Lots of clothing gone so headed to shoe dept. and wow a pair of red heels ha ha my size and a pair my wifes size left like 80% off great price so with other stuff bought cashier says nice shoes for your wife and I looked at her and said sister lol ha ha  so anyhow driving home in truck decided to try on heels yes driving a semi with heels on that was a trick and looked kind of cute pushing the clutch he he any way thought I would add to your driving experience good luck girlfriend ..

Stephanie

Kali
      Lady

Drive in flats!!!  Your insurance carrier may ask if you were in heels as they can cause accidents!  Better safe than sorry!  Flats in car, then change as you get out!  Also, keeps from having to deal with accident while dressed!

Lots of the driving shows (Canadas worst driver) point out how driving in heels can cause foot to get caught in position!

Hi Petra,

Good question.. though ive yet to ever try I am sure it is not not different than learning to walk in them. Tricky to start but we’ll figure it out just like the GG’s do 👠

Hugs Amelia 🎀

Anonymous

I tried driving in heels sometimes, but for trips that required a lot of start/stop or gear shifting, I kicked off the heels and wore sneakers while in the car. It’s safer. Your heel can get caught (especially when not used to them) on the floor mat and cause a wreck. And then you WILL be a damsel in distress! But not in a good princess being rescued kind of way and more in a “how do I explain this to the insurance company” kind of way.

Although I do think the insurance rates for women are a bit lower at least for some ages… 😂

God bless,
      Steph

Advice on driving in heels?DON’T🤣🤣🤣Would rather not explain that it was my heels fault to the police after I’ve crashed!

I carry a pair of flats or ballet pumps if ever driving anywhere wearing heels, easy to change in the car.

Just my opinion, maybe others here can do it safely, I can’t (I did try for about 10 scary minutes)

❤️Bianca

Haha!

I posted, then scrolled down to see the other replies 😍😍😍😍😍

Perfect answer, Bianca!

Love Laura

Advice on driving in heels: Don’t.

Take some flats for driving, and change, like GGs do!

Love Laura

DeLora
      Lady

When driving safety has to come first. If you don’t feel comfortable driving in heels don’t.
      That said, I have driven literally 1000s of km in heels and I don’t find it difficult. I drive standard, so am back and forth on the clutch and gas and it seems natural to me. When I went to a hair and makeup appointment the manager asked how I can drive in heels, saying that she finds it impossible.

Pretty Petra…

That ravishing red dress is fab by the way!

I’ve found that sitting closer to the steering wheel works well. That and angling the wheel up… perhaps sitting more upright also helps. Watch other female drivers!
      I’m not sure if you drive an automatic or a stick shift. The technique for a stick shift is much the same though I’ve found it helps with the man spread so to speak.

Otherwise, wear flats and change into heels when you get to where you are going. Probably depends on the length of heels in any case… the longest heel I wear driving is 3”

Drive safe! Polly👮🏼🚗. 🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓 🚑 🚒

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have driven in heels, and I feel comfortable doing so. Mind you they are usually about 3″, don’t know what really high ones would be like.

The comment a previous poster made about being safe is very valid, use flats and change there. Or if you have a fondness for really high ones.

Amy

Addendum…

I drive in heels a lot but also in flats… depends on the day.

I drive either one of our two cars… an automatic Peugeot 308 and my favourite… my Peugeot 306 cabriolet, a manual and it has been pimped to a GTI motor.
      It always fun to race, even for a little while, the boy racers! A blonde chick in a little sports… beating them! Ohh, Joy!
      Even in heels… no, especially in heels!

Pin Pon Polly 🛻 🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Hi Petra,I can drive in both<heels And flats> and all things considered flats are probably safer with all the distracted drivers on the road,Michelle.

My GG best friend takes off her heels and drives barefoot which is good. She also will put one leg under her butt or worse up on the dash, which drives me nuts!

My own experience is driving in heels anywhere from 2″ to 5″. The low ones are not a problem, the 3″ can be tricky depending on the heel and if possible I will take flats with me. The 4″ are thigh high boots and can’t be changed easily  (they have permanently attached suspenders) however they are easy to drive in for some reason. I think it has something to do with the thicker heel. I will never drive in the 5″ heels again. That scared the bejeebers out of me! I stoped and took them off after 6 blocks.

My opinion is you need to determine which heels are safe and which are a no-no. As someone else said, practice in an empty parking lot. As your shoe collection grows experience will tell you with one look which are safe and which are not.

👠👡👢👟🏁

Beth

Anonymous
      Lady

I switch out to flats when driving…I feel that it is just safer.

Sandy

Whilst driving without shoes isn’t illegal (here in the UK at least) it probably isn’t a risk worth taking. If you have an accident there is a risk of falling foul of the Highway Code’s requirement to “wear footwear and clothing which does not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner”.

The RAC did some research and found that you don’t apply the same force to the pedals when driving barefoot and that could be the difference between serious injury or death for you or someone else.

Driving in heels takes practice but if you can’t do it, then as others have said wear some flats.

-A.

Advice=common sense.

Common sense is definitely due here. I normally drive with my heels though there are exceptions. Most of my vehicles are manual trans BTW so if conditions out are questionable such as weather or terrain I will wear sneakers and switch. I also have a pair of cute boots that just don’t cut it so these pretty much are never worn when driving.

Better safe then sorry

Sandy

Anonymous

Yes don’t drive in heals unless it’s an emergency, always carry a flat pair of driving shoes in the vehicle. Much safer for all. 

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

I concur with several of my sisters who have already responded….just don’t. Have a pair of flats or easy to slip on running shoes or anything that is comfortable and promotes safe driving. I want us all to live long, happy lives!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?