Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have recently become aware of having to change my approach to driving in the city while ‘en femme’. I have always been a confident driver and able to navigate my way through traffic with aplomb. However, after living in France for many years have taken on the ‘expressive’ nature of French drivers both male and female.
      Recently, I have become aware that my driving attitude and posture had to change. Observation of how females drive has been an fascinating experience… one’s posture behind the wheel is the first thing I noticed… much closer to the wheel as in NASCAR racing. Different hand placement… the list goes on but certainly no wild gesticulating and bad language! Ohh… and no elbow on the windowsill!!!
      What are your experiences? Do you drive differently ‘en femme’?

Vroom xxx Polly

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Polly Stewart. Reason: added text

I am much less aggressive and mindful of my surroundings. I try to have better posture, like hand positions, oh wait – that is so I can check my nail color… The biggest difference is the music I listen too. More current pop and dance music like Beyonce, Lizzo, Petra (of course!). Playing much louder than I have!

Great question!!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Denise.
      Melinda
      Lady

I have only driven a few times. I take off my heels to be safe. I voted yes, but I don’t know if my style changes, but there are functional differences in terms of having bangs with my wig, etc. The most interesting change is that I lose the ability to drive mindlessly or on autopilot, so what that says to me is that I must be in a different mind space . I have to keep my mind on the road. The last time I drove was my longest trip and it was completely enjoyable.

Oh, Melinda… I drive with heels on… it concentrates the mind wonderfully! It also aids the posture… strange but true

xx Polly

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I am ten times more careful when driving en femme. In male mode I’m very careful and have the driving record to prove it. But en femme i hold my hands in the correct “10 to 2” pattern on the wheel and concentrate very hard on the raod.

The hand position also lets me see my lovely painted false nails. As I rarely go out en femme unless I’ve had a professional makeover, with the false eyelashes and nails the “icing on the cake”..

Well at my age, more the “collapsed sponge..”

Caty.

AT YOUR AGE? Caty, do I detect a little false modesty? You are so much more than that!

You have a fabulous style!
        A fabulous ‘look’!
        YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!

Love xxx Polly

Caty Ryan
          Baroness

Aw shucks Polly!!!!… Do ya really mean that??!!… I just had a look at your photos and you dont  ‘afr scrub bad yourself!! Especially in that swimsuit.. You are one up on me there, cos I still have heaps of body hair and a “wine related” tummy bulge and would never ever think of wearing one..

Caty

PM me for some more “CD/byplay”

Dear Caty

I mean every word! Personally, I hate body hair which has made it my number one priority to be shot of it! I’m just off now to book in another four sessions of laser!

Love Polly

Hi Polly
      That’s an interesting question and on reflection I think I’m generally more attentive when I’m driving as Stephanie, interestingly I find GG’s (especially the younger ones) drive a lot faster! 🙂
      Stephanie x

Thanks Stephanie!

You are absolutely right… the young drive a lot faster but a lot more recklessly… as women. Young women think they can beat their male rivals at everything instead of understanding and working within their limitations.
        One of my Math teachers was a beautiful woman who happened to be a rally driver. However, to see her drive in traffic was watching an average female driving to the conditions. On gravel… she was a monster!

But… how many young CDs are on this site? The vast majority are middle-aged (sorry) to people like me in the retirement phase. We tend to drive (as males) with way more confidence due to experience than the young.

Well… damn you all… I now have the strongest feeling of need… to go and redo my nails!

Hugs Polly

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I sure do drive different when in femme mode. If nothing else the heels force me to drive in a different position and keep my knees a little closer together. I am also a lot less aggressive, don’t need any road rage incidents, lol. I am much more mindful of how I am driving, making sure I don’t break any rules of the road.

My first BFWB taught me how to drive safely but also in fast manner.  I was naturally cautious when learning to drive.  Vincent, on the other hand, drove a Mustang Mach 1 Fastback that could scare the water out of you.

He made sure I could drive safely, but also taught me to cut loose on I40 at times. I am way more cautious than when I was under 20, who wants to be pulled over and have explain why I don’t look like my DL portrait.   I always wear flats now or boots when I drive.  My car stereo is usually turned up to about 3/4 volume, loud enough to push out annoying traffic sounds, but still not so loud that I can’t see,lol.  (Old joke).

You should see some of the looks I get from younger folks when they can hear my Clapton or Led Zeppelin over that Rap stuff at a red light.   A 60 something woman that is out rocking them.

PaulaF

Oh, Paula… I’m laughing at your description! I, too love Led Zep et al… I drive a soft top Peugeot 306 with a transplanted GTI engine! Doesn’t one love being taken down by a blonde in a soft top? Wiggle my fingers at them! Hah!

putt, putt xxx Polly

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

When I was last out for a drive. I couldn’t help but notice how my normal sense of urgency to get where I was going, was gone !  I know that I was very content with the way that I looked but it seemed that I was more focused on the present moment in time. Instead of pushing time.

Of the few times I’ve driven as Wendy, I do notice a driving attitude shift.  I am not as aggressive, and follow all rules of the road.  Naturally others may not appreciate a law abiding motorist, but as Wendy the last thing I would want is drawing unwanted attention by either the police or bystanders.

Yes, as a guy I’m moderately fast on the highway (8-10over).  I get passed but pass many.  You don’t see many gg’s flying down the road so I tend to be in the 3-7 range unless passing (pun intended).  I also have no desire to get pulled over so keep it slower than usual.  Two hands on the wheel especially if wearing nail polish.

I love driving ‘en-femme’.  I drive slower and more carefully to prolong the experience, avoid an accident or being stopped by the police and  because my hair is always in the way.

Jennifer

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

To be honest, I have never thought about my driving being any different. I am much more conscious of my appearance as I want/need to be perceived as a woman when encountering other drivers, pedestrians, etc.

Anonymous

I usually pay less attention to my posture and will usually sit in a more relaxed position when not en femme. But as female I am closer to the wheel and sit up more as I am aware of myself more. So yes I do drive differently.

As a male driver I definitely have a lead foot, which becomes a lead heel when Heather takes the wheel. She definitely drives her M like a bad ass bitch and will show up the guys 😉

Yes, but only slightly. En femme I tend to drive ‘by-the-book’ but in a masculine mode I might make decisions that are rational, safe and considered, but, let’s say, a bit ‘borderline’.

Araminta.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I simply drive a little more carefully and more mindful of the speed limit so that I don’t have to have an unplanned encounter while dressed.

“ahem, yes officer, that’s me on the license. Yes I’m male, blah blah blah”

Who wants that?!

XOXO

Hi Dala…

Do you know, I’ve never even thought of that. I guess when I’m ‘en femme’ I identify with Polly and the mismatch between identities never occurred. How odd…

Now I do like to drive in an ‘agile’ manner as befits my choice of vehicle but then so do women of my acquaintance. I used to live in La Plagne, France… a ski resort and a classic Tour de France hill climb. The road up there has numerous hairpins (21) and there used to be a constant competition to be the fastest up or down! Two of the three best were women, my SO (Opel Astra 2.0 twin turbo) and another (Renault Clio Clubsport 3.0 V6). I was fastest downhill on my bike!

As you may guess, the only times I get pulled over is for excessive speed… oops!

Pinpon xxx Polly

Rayna Carlian
          Duchess

Maybe if you just flirt a bit, you’ll get off with a warning?! LOL

Hugs

Dala

Yes, I do definitely drive more cautiously when I’ve driven dressed up.  For the most part because I don’t want to get pulled over or in an accident while dressed.  It’s also because it’s a lot more difficult to drive when wearing a 3″ heel than tennis shoes or flats for sure!

Absolutely. After having the odd experience with the boys I drive to not attract attention. But I’m telling you confronting an officer (they are required to be professional and have most likely experienced trans and CD’rs before) is nothing akin to being arrested en-femme and having to deal with the plethora of mental derangement in a holding cell. And they call us degenerates.
      Pay your speeding /parking tickets ladies and for god sake don’t piss off your junkie ex!!!

Thanks for all of your very informative and interesting responses… all comes down to how we observe female drivers of who taught us.

Drive safely… or, if you can’t, drive as if the devil was behind you!

Pin Pon Polly xxx

Hmmm… dead giveaway. Wear marks on the steering wheel? Never considered that one, Samantha. I’ve had to tone it way down and keep my mouth firmly shut, hands at the twelve and glued to the wheel. Shrugging instead of gesticulating. Wriggling my fingers to say ‘thanks’…

Wriggle… Hugs polly

At 7:00 a.m. there are a lot of ladies ‘putting on faces’ in traffic. A light change can cause small, cosmetic mishaps.

Araminta.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Driving Styles ‘en femme’’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?