Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I retired 4 years ago and relocated from Corning, NY to SoCal. For the last year that I live in Corning, I would go to Rochester, NY for a monthly CD gathering. The drive time was about 90 minutes and I would on the highway in the 1am time frame.

There’s a small town about halfway with a McDonald’s near the expressway and I would often stop there for coffee. One night on the way home I had decided to stop, but missed the exit. I got off at the next exit, but I realized that I had never gone that way into town. From where I was, the McDonald’s was on the other end of town. As I’m driving through the center of town, I see red lights flashing behind me. As I’m the only personal vehicle on the street, I’m the one they want to pull over. The officer walks up and asks for license and registration. Obviously Don’s license doesn’t match DeeAnn. Anyway, he came back and said that the reason he stopped me was that I missed a stop a few blocks back. There are 2 consecutive intersections with stops and he said that people often miss the second one.

Meanwhile, 2 other patrol cars arrived on the scene, one across the street and the other just around the corner behind me. This made me a bit nervous, given the history of Black people with law enforcement. Anyway, he said that he was not going to give me a ticket; just a warning. I asked what’s the easiest way to get back to the expressway. He said go back the way that I came in and that I could do a U-turn from where I was. That bothered me a bit because he was telling me to do an illegal turn in plain sight of the other officers. I did it, but I fulling expected to see red lights flashing again! Anyway, that didn’t happen and I drove the rest of the way home…

Jessica
      Lady

Wow, I bet you breathed a sigh of relief after you left.

Yes, definitely, because there were a number of question marks. Independent of Don or DeeAnn, my strategy is always to respond to questions exactly as stated and rarely volunteer anything. I may ask questions in a very non-aggressive manner and tone, but that’s about it. The idea is to try to not give anyone something to react to.

Anyway, relief came when I was finally back on the expressway!

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have not been stopped whilst en femme, well so far anyway. I find as I guess a lot of us do, that you concentrate even harder and therefore eliminate some risk of being in a bad situation. Cops/accident etc. Tho I did run a red light one night when in Caty mode… The CD Gods were watching that time.

I also drink as little water as possible. Yes it can be a “CD Thrill” to “go to the ladies”, but why tempt fate??

Happy dressing A9nd New Year)

Caty

DeeAnn,

I’ve never been stopped by the police while in gurl mode, but I was observed from a distance by one when in a parking lot. I just tried to look casual and without any quick motions I made a beeline for the exit.

your heart must have been pounding and I can imagine you must have been so nervous. You did all the right things though and just keep driving like you usually do. You go gurl!

Hugs,

Mary

I’ll tell you how it works for me. The overriding principle is:

Never Let Them See You Sweat.

I may be feeling 7 or 8 different things, but usually it doesn’t show externally. I often tell people that if I am visibly anxious, then we are in BIG trouble…

DeLora
      Lady

Driving enfemme is where I realized that my fem side was a real thing that I need to accept and try to understand.

I work 2 weeks on and 2 off in a location about 1000km (620 miles) from my home. This 1000km drive was a great opportunity to dress enfemme in relative privacy, only covering up when stopping to fuel of food. I was never stopped by the police and I was only clocked twice that I am aware of.
      First time was in slow moving traffic, I was wearing my corset over a black bodycon dress, yes, a bit odd, but my wardrobe was and is very limited and it looked better that is sounds! I noticed a biker coming the other way, his gaze landed on me, I saw a big smile spread across his face and as he got closer he gave me a big thumb’s up!
      The second time was while driving through a construction zone. I always wave at flag people in construction zones, just a way to acknowledge their humanity in a thankless job. This time I waved, the flag person waved, then did a double take. Watching me continue down the road he got on his radio, next thing I noticed was all the workers stopped what they were doing and were looking at my car. I am sure they all had a good laugh, but hey, I guess I brightned their day and made a change from the abuse they usually get from passing motorists.

Thats a cute story Delora.

We always want to be the center of attention and you made their day how cute.

Patty

DeeAnn thank you for share your experiences, it’s really helpful to know there are others to feel the same way I do.
      My very first time out en femme was while i was driving a month ago. I was pretty dress one night and felt particularly happy. I saw myself and, for these very rare times, I liked what I saw and thinked to myself it was a shame I was so pretty and can’t go anywhere. So I found some courage and decide to go out for a little drive. I live in a suburb about 25’ from city so I thinked I will drive to the city and back to home. When I was driving I felt the need to stoped in some place, I really wanted to know how it feels be dressed out of my home, so I search in google for a LGTB bar because i thinked it will be more open minded and less dangerous. So i started to drive to there. In the mean time I realice i will need some cash since I don’t have any Annette’s card (so sad!) so I stop in a ATM, that’s was my very first time out, I was all shaking I really freaked out, thanks God nothing happen and I was back in my car soon. When I arrived to the bar, it happens it’s in the middle of the most crowded part of the city, where all the bars and restaurants are so I never ever will be so brave to get out in the middle of so much people, specially in my very first time, so I passed the bar and start my way back to my home. I felt sad, I really wanted to go out but I can’t so I found once more some courage and stop in a gas station to bought a Diet Coke. When I was on the shop I was so nervous that all my body was shaken and I barely could speak. With a lot of careful I picked up the coke and went to the cashier, she was I very gently young lady who treated me really nice and even wished me a good night. It was such a wonderful and liberating experience. Then I went back to my home and today it’s really hard to believe it was really happen. That was my very first and only time. (Sorry for such long comment). Kisses. Annette.

Anonymous

I’ve been out driving many times; been to a Rite Aid and convince store to purchase pantyhose or makeup, and a coke while driving. It feels really natural and liberating. My rule of thumb when driving en femm is to always obey ALL the Traffic laws, i.e. use turn signals, stop when needed, and NEVER speed. I find this keeps law enforcement from singling me out. So for it has worked for me.

Jennifer

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been put driving fem countless times. One thing that always concerned me was being stopped by law enforcement. I had a few times I had police cars following me. I was waiting to be pulled over and was wondering what I would say.

Fortunately it never happened, but I’m sure I would be quite nervous.

Interesting responses from folks! I am always fascinated by the fact that even though our stories are different, there are almost always some common threads.

The significant thing about being stopped by the police is the unpredictability of it. While it is rare for me to get a ticket, the wildcard in this is the reaction from the officers. If I do something that is worthy of a ticket, then I have to accept the consequences. However, it can be a different story when it becomes apparent that my driver’s license doesn’t match my presentation. You never know when that will strike a nerve for someone.

Even though your heart is going 90 miles an hour, it is important to keep yourself under control. While you cannot control someone else’s actions, you can control your own. Never give them an excuse to do something untoward…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?