Viewing 55 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Okay, you big tough girls…

are there any songs that bring a tear to your eye…

sorry, that wasn’t a tear, it was a speck of grit!!!!

I’m a Carrie Underwood fan, and two of her songs nearly always hit the tear ducts for me…”Jesus take the wheel” and ” Temporary Home” ( watch the video)….😭😭😭

So girls, do you ever get emotional and teary over a certain song????

Pass the tissues, grace 😥

When I’m alone in the car out for a drive, I’ll crank up Fix You by Coldplay. Bellowing along (certainly not singing!), I’ll cry me a river. “When the tears come streaming down your face….”

Right up there with  guaranteed waterworks is the original Broadway cast recording of Les Miserables. It takes a longer road trip, but with all the death and heartache, I’m about cried out by the end of it. Clara gives it a rating of four Kleenex boxes. It’s much more than “A Little Fall of Rain”.

OMG I’m getting a little moist now just thinking about it. Gotta go…my mascara’s running……

Clara

Anonymous

Faith marie- antidote, jessie j-who you are and Ruth b- lost boy get me eveytime to the point I can’t listen to them round people silly I no. What a great question Grace thank you x

Anonymous

Silly??…noooooo…

I love a good cry, it’s washing all the bad stuff out of your body…I always feel better afterwards xx

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

The song that does it for me is Alone Again Naturally by Gilbert O’Sullivan.

Eva

Anonymous

Gosh Eva…

that takes me back…

But as if to knock me down

Reality came around

And without so much as a mere touch

Cut me into little pieces”…..

Grace xx

Krista
      Duchess

Good Morning Grace,

This one is very personal.  The song is called “Arbor Day Tree”.  Recorded by The DandyLionesses, on the CD “The Whole Story”.  The lyrics were written by my wife and her friend put it to music.  It is about our son planting a tiny tree and follows his life as both he and the tree grow taller.  I’m starting to choke up just writing this.  Whew.

Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Thank you Krista…

Ahhh…

Your choice is the reason I love music so much……

the beauty of music is that so many different songs appeal to so many different people for so many different reasons….

there is always something new…..nobody will ever hear everything!!!

Grace xx

The Living Years by Mike and The Mechanics. It was popular when my dad died and always chokes me up when they get to the part “I wasn’t there that morning when my father passed away…”

Ooooooo, another good one Jamie.  I just listened to it a few nights ago.  Got a little misty too.

Clara

I wasn’t there the morning when my mother passed away! Pauvre Polly

Cats in the cradle, by Harry Chapin, because, I literally was that Dad, I did what I had to, for my family, but I missed so much,
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Sadly I am also that dad and imagine that there’s more like us. I lost my son to cancer when he was 30 and will never have any “catch up time” with him. Stephanie

Leslie
        Lady

Another good one. I sort had that dad only mine literally was never in my life. Now I suspect that my daughter sometimes wishes that I wasn’t so much in her life. No not really but we are real close with the same likes and taste so maybe some of the good parts of me have been pasted to her. Whatever skills I may have as a father I learned from my stepdad, god rest his soul! Damn now I am crying!

Hugs,
        Leslie

Anonymous

Cheers to you Regine, we had 4 kids took all the OT I could get. I missed birthdays, anniversaries, heck I even worked Christmas day a couple of times. Do you know what the word Dad stands for Does Anything Desperate.

All of Allanis Morrisette’s ‘Jagged Little Pill’ album.😭

Most Adele Songs- inc. ‘Rolling In The Deep’ and ‘Hello’😭

Candle In The Wind(1997) Elton after Diana’s death😭

Bridge Over Troubled Waters-Simon and Garfunkel.

I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing- Aerosmith-at the end of Armageddon😭😭😭

The Winner Takes It All-ABBA😭I’m divorced🤣listen to the lyrics.

I’m welling up-need an antidote-where’s my Beachboys CD (Compact Disc not Cross Dresser🤣)

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

Bianca…lovely selection.

Alanis..” you oughta know”… wow xx

Bianca, don’t ever get too far away from the Kleenex. That’s a lot of crying for any gal.

Clara

Beautiful Bianca Jagger… no, Jagged Little Pill! A brilliant album often disparaged but still meaningful in so many ways!

I reserve the Beach Boys and Jan & Deane for surfing nostalgia!

You might also consider Carole King, Janis Joplin, who died a very untimely death… Me an Bobby McGee! Ohhh…
        Joni Mitchell! For all those English housewives… teaching then how to have sexual enjoyment.

Finally… Eric Clapton. “You are wonderful tonight”

Nostalgia rules KO? Polly

Leonara
        Ambassador

Bianca, Great selection Adele. Works for me and Simon & Garfunkel… thanks for sharing
        Leonara

“Amazing Grace” … too many funerals for loved ones that I miss terribly… Stephanie

Anonymous

Yes, that does it to me, also. And “Taps” at a military burial.

Bettylou

It didn’t matter where I hear “taps” my heart sinks… as I know another brother or sister in arms has gone home. In my own way I always send up a prayer that their passing was peaceful and there families hearts will heal with a peace of mind knowing they are in a better place.

Anonymous
          Lady

Amen Bettylou. Sadly military “buglers” have gone to a prerecorded electronic thing in the bell and it just doesn’t have the same depth anymore.
          🍷C

Oh gosh Grace, there are so many emotional songs out there.  I used to be not so open emotionally until after my sessions of chemotherapy.  I cannot prove it by just how I am now, but there was definitely a change.

Into The Fire…. Bruce Springsteen— the official video will make you ask ‘Why?’ after you see it.

Dry Your Eyes… Neil Diamond

The Living Years… Mike and The Mechanics

Let It Be n Hey Jude… The Beatles

Dimming Of The Day… Bonnie Raitt

Rocky Mountain High, Cold Nights In Canada, Rhymes And Reasons, A Song For All Lovers, Flying For Me…  John Denver— so many of his songs will do it.

Little Wing… Derek & The Dominoes.  It reminds me of my oldest niece when she was 2-3 years old.

Fountain Of Sorrow… Jackson Browne.

So, so many more.  Music is supposed to move us, emotionally, spiritually, and to make us think.  But don’t forget the simple songs you sang as a child either, there to make us feel happy and maybe teach a little something too.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

There are 3 songs that relate to my deep love for my darling SO

1/. Carol King’s “Loving You Forever”. I first heard this live here in Melbourne circa 2006 when CK did her “Living Room Tour”. My beloved was there right next to me.

2/. Judith Durham singing “Colours of my Life” another lovely love song

3/. This one really got the tears going.

Richard Samuel’s “Just to see you”. sample lyric  “I wake up every morning just to see you”.

Trouble is, I first heard it in the late 90’s, on a hire car stereo in the car park of my hotel just outside Toronto. Two weeks into a four week round world business trip and missing home and me darlin’ “sumthin shockin”

Richard is a vastly underrated Canadian singer/ songwriter in the Billy Joel mould  and I have had the pleasure of meeting him and seeing him play live… 20 years ago if it’s a day, but I will always treasure his music.

To bring it back to CD land, he released two piano instrumental “soft lights” CD’s. Caty plays them on her I pod when doing her make up, when doing overnight trips away from home.

“Where do you go, my lovely, when you’re alone in your head?” Peter Sarsted!
      Number one all time weepy-eyed favourite!

Piping my eye Polly😭

Anonymous

Polly – When you’re alone in your bed, won’t you tell me the thoughts that surround you, I want to look inside your head……”  The lines about the singer and Marie-Claire begging on the back streets of Naples indeed make me melancholy – plus the song always makes me remember the late 60’s and of having hopes and dreams for the future.  Didn’t the summers always seems hotter then – and the likes of Marianne Faithfull and Bridget Bardot always made you think that the days to come could be glamorous and beautiful?  You’re making me all nostalgic…  Ancient Inga…

Teri Ray
      Lady

I am probably a bit weird but there are many John Denver songs that get me to tear up. I don’t know why but some do. That’s my story.

Anonymous

Not weird at all…

We all have our own favourites x

Sinead O’Conner – Nothing Compares 2 U

Get out the tissues. LOL.

Anonymous

I am going to go a little churchy with these  but one is living hope what a beautiful name it is not sure who sings them but when played at church always brings tears to my eyes

Anonymous

I have two, both sung by Elvis: “Old Shep”, and the one the King himself said was the saddest song he ever heard: I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”.

Bettylou

Anonymous

Trace Atkins “Arlington”

Yes, Living years is a good ‘un.

I’ll also suggest
      Pink Floyd’s On the Turning Away
      Ralph McTell’s Streets of London
      And
      Mansions of the Lord off the We Were Soldiers soundtrack.

Anonymous

And here’s how to make me even less masculine than I already am…  Purely because it reminds me of a lost childhood and the hopes I had then; Puff the Magic Dragon, by Peter, Paul & Mary.  “Dragons live forever, but not so little boys…”  Didn’t everyone want to not have to grow up?  Now feeling ancient…  Inga.

“Puff” made me remember back when my sister taught me that I could call the radio station and ask them to play a certain song, and that the guy probably would do it.  The town where we lived was maybe 10,000 people back then and had only 1 radio station on the AM band.  I had to stand on a chair to reach the wall phone, but the people here got hear “Puff The Magic Dragon” every day for almost a month before my attention got directed another direction.  But, the guy that answered the phone got to know my name and what time I was going to call each day, and he would dutifully play it for me, and everyone else in town too.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Envious:  wish I could have had that experience……  from the view of an older person, it perhaps wasn’t the greatest song ever, but from the point of a lonely child, it really hit a spot….  Eeeehhh… the 1960’s…… don’t get me nostalgic……  Ancient Inga.

Just because you have to grow old doesn’t mean you have to grow up!

The one song which causes me to get a bit of grit in my eye is You will never walk alone and its not that I am a fan of Liverpool FC far from it. Just lovely lovely lyrics

Samantha x

Anonymous

Liverpool?  You poor girl – you need a big hug……  Condescending Inga.  (LCFC – FA CUP – HERE WE COME!!!!!)

Hi Inga

As I said I am not a fan of Liverpool in fact I am an Evertonian through and through but some people might accept me more as Samantha but have nothing to do with me for liking the LFC anthem!!!!!!!

Samantha x

Anonymous

Everton?  Who could have anything other than total respect for them?  A proper, for-the-fans team (unless they beat LCFC in which case they are a bunch of talentless Scousers that everyone loathes… until the next time we beat them……)  By the way; most folk here still aren’t happy about the dodgy dealing you dictated when selling Leicester’s finest – Gary Winston Lineker – on to Barcelona:  we needed the dosh.  Strange to think in these days that anyone could be that worried about £250,000……  Everton still stand a good chance of finishing ahead of Liverpool – let’s all hope it comes off!  I’m Leicester Till I Die…. Inga.

Leslie
        Lady

I had forgotten that one. I liked the movie Will, I always cry at the end.
        Some the Arsenal will come back, I should live so long. I hope this isn’t a Chicago Cubs type of thing for them, I would love to be able to hold my head up again LOL. As the Cubs said for so long there is always next season.

I had to think about this one, but one comes to my mind :

– Love Story (Taylor version), Taylor Swift.  Saw the video, coupled with the song, it definitely brought a tear to my eye.

Anonymous

love Taylor Swift….

This is kind of embarrassing lol, but Kermit the Frog singing Rainbow Connection gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME. I’m not exactly sure why.

Anonymous

Erica.

… you’re so…….🐸brave 🐸…haha xx

I know this maybe weird Stairway to Heaven by Heart.

Anonymous

Nothings weird Charlotte…

we are all different, as you can tell by all the various replies…x

“The End of the World” by Skeeter Davis. After my first break-up I wore out an 8-track playing the loop. I still cry over it, but have finally reconnected with the girl and we are now friends again.

Anonymous

It’s a beautiful song…

I play it quite regularly

ChloeC
      Duchess

These are some of those that I currently remember, there are probably lots more buried deep within me that surface at opportune and sometimes strange times.

Reflections of My Life – The Marmalade

Going Home – Sissel

Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton (and Yes, Tears in Heaven is Sadness defined, but still)

100 Years – Five For Fighting

The Ash Grove – Shelby Flint, Nana Mouskouri (2 different versions)

Anonymous

yet more great songs…..x

Anonymous

🙏🙏🙏🙏UPDATE🙏🙏🙏🙏

Just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful songs you have been choosing….I actually know most of them, and have been digging them out and listening again…haven’t they stirred some great memories??????

Grace❤️❤️❤️

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

One song that I’ve always liked but takes in a different meaning to me of late is “she’s always a woman“ by Billy Joel. I don’t recall if anyone mentioned it earlier in this forum but it really moved me. As a cd (non trans)person I feel a bit of a duality and the lyrics of the song feel almost like observing the female part within me.  The song is beautiful but the description of the woman isn’t exactly flattering and I can feel my alter ego peaking through in his words(essentially she is using him and is extremely manipulative for those who aren’t familiar with the song) I m sure the way Im interpreting it wasn’t Billy’s meaning when he wrote it but that’s how it struck me the last time I heard it. A one way relationship and billy is on the short end, I can empathize with him dealing with melanie at times feels the same way.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Shannon by Henry Gross. It is about Carl Wilson of the Beach boy’s dog. Gets me every time!

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Grace

Hope you are well today!

Ok, here goes, top of the playlist has to be Bright Eyes from Watership Down, never fails to get me welling up.

Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell is another, especially when you are watching Love Actually, absolutely heart breaking!

Finally, it’s Kate Bush and This Women’s Work. The lyrics, the song and the video all combined are absolutely brilliant but tragic and tearful in the same breath.

Hugs

Samantha x x

Anonymous

Old Shep by Elvis Presley

Old Tige by Jim Reeves

Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul & Mary

Killing of Sister George by Rod Stewart

Nothing compares to U by Sinead O’Connor

All these will put a lump of gravel in my eye.

Wilma x

Anonymous

On the Turning Away – Pink Floyd

Fast Car – Tracy Chapman

Lovers in a Dangerous Time – Bruce Cockburn

Subdivisions – Rush

All Good Things (Come to an End ) – Nelly Furtado

Bobbie W
      Lady

God bless the USA by lee greenwood. When I was growing up my dad loved it and now when I hear it I always think of him. (He wouldn’t approve of me I think) lost him in 96 the nasty c

Anonymous

Pretty sure Grace said something in another post candle in the Wind elton John .

Yes going full Diana when I die but living still a tearing eye song

Hugs

Donna

Anonymous

Hi Grace

The First of May by Blackmores Night, Candice Knight’s voice is beautiful.

Scarlet Ribbons by Sinead O’Connor totally A ceppella

Casta Diva by Angela Gheorghiu

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

Sarah….

We do love Blackmores Night, don’t we???     xx

Anonymous

We certainly do love Blackmores night, First of May was my mothers birthday.

Sarah xx

Ok, I’m off the beaten track with this one. It was used for Franklin Roosevelt’s funeral.

Adagio for Strings by Samual Barber.

It is the saddest song I have ever heard. I cry every time I hear it. So powerful, so moving, so haunting…..

🎼

Beth

Anonymous

Hi Beth,

– what a searing piece of music, but somehow hard to resist. Except my wife hated it for that very reason – she didn’t like where it took her. I can still tear up when I hear it.

Marti xxx

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

Love Story by Taylor Swift

Anonymous

another one get little tearing eye is during New Years Eve

Auld Lang Syne

Anonymous

My daughters singing Amazing Grace and Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. Bleecker Street by Simon and Garfunkel makes me melancholy,  Handels Water Music Suite Allegro movement saw me through some tough days.

Leader of the Band, by Dan Fogelberg. Long before I lost my father, this tribute by Fogelberg to his father resonated with me. Now that my father’s gone, it brings me to tears.

Hugs,

Elise

Anonymous

“Colors of the Wind” from Disney’s “Pocahontas”

Anonymous

Another one is Amazing grace specially when it plays with scottish bagpipes. still get a tear watching the funeral of spock in star trek. hearing this in the background.

Donna

Anonymous

Well….it is my theme tune Donna….🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anonymous

besides the song you Amazing too Grace 😁😁🤗🤗

Anonymous
      Lady

WOW!!  What a great selection of music. Mine are:

Pink Floyd Great Gig In The Sky

Gordon Lightfoot Edmond Fitzgerald

Occasionally some other will but those two always do. Now I’m going to put on the music, grab a glass of wine and relax.
      🍷C

Anonymous

Edmund Fitzgerald was almost on my list, I’m alright till I remember that it’s a real event.

— Abbie 🥰

Anonymous
          Lady

Abbie every time the cook comes on board and says it’s been good to know you, I can visualize the understanding and resignation in his face knowing they’re going to die. Way to real.
          🍷C

Anonymous

A couple of my go to’s, these written and sung by Sandy Denny when she was with Fairport Convention in the 60’s:

1) Meet on the Ledge

“… the way is up, along the road, the air is getting thin,
      too many friends who tried, blown off this mountain by the wind”

2) Who knows where the time goes ?

– this one was first covered by Judy Collins. Various other artists have covered it too.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

There are many but guaranteed to make me cry. Hurt Jonny Cash, landslide – Fleetwood Mac and the one that caught me off guard, the choir in Chernobyl,

Anonymous

Hi Grace

Do you remember the cumbrian shootings  a few years back, Jamie the young estate agent who was last to be killed was best friends with my daughters they were at school together. Any way his favorite song was – Nothing else matters by Metallica whenever any of us here that its very upsetting.

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

Hi Grace,
      I’ll start with Amazing Grace, I’ve heard the pipes playing it too often lately.
      How Great Thou Art, Elvis’s version especially.
      Danny Boy, I like The Celtic Women cover
      Van Morrison, Have I Told You Lately, gets me every time.
      In My Life by the Beatles.

There are some others and depending on my mood different songs at different times.

Jillian

Kathleen
      Duchess

oh Gracie
      so many maybe
      i’m too emotional
      Hmm buried my grandfather to smaoite by Enya gonna put me in the box with that one as well
      my dad to
      Amazing Grace
      a tear to my eveytime

Amy Myers
      Baroness

A previous poster mentioned Amazing Grace, which I used to play on piano, but it brought tears to my wife’s eyes as it was her Father’s favourite. So I stopped playing it!

For me a song from the 60’s or 70’s called “Little Green Apples”, by O C Smith I think. He describes in a curious, but beautiful way the way his wife loves him, and a line in it about calling her to meet for lunch always gets me. As I used to do the same to my wife when I was on the road quite a bit, I’d call her and say I think I’ll be back in town in a half hour or so, or whatever.

In the song, he says, “And I’m always late”, but in my case it was her that was usually late! I didn’t mind, like in the song I’d wait patiently for her, and smile when I saw her.

The song really describes her love for her man. Something I think we all should try to achieve for whomever the love of our life is.

So many others, but this is the first one which comes to mind.

Amy

Every time I revisit this thread, a whole list of songs pop up in my head.

The best instrumental of “Amazing Grace” is the Highland Guard Drum and Pipe Corp in ‘The Last Tatoo’.

Other songs that bring on the water:

Into The Fire…. Bruce Springsteen

Fragile…. Jesse Cook and Holly Cole

Wreck On The Highway…. another by  Springsteen

And a very old one from the 60’s that I don’t know if many know it,  D.O.A.  ….. Bloodrock

Morningside (live)…. Neil Diamond

Just so many to list.  A lot of them are meant to elicit those emotions in general, and some do on a more personal level for private reasons.

PaulaF

Prudence
        Ambassador

I had forgotten all about DOA, Bloodrock. That takes me back. Hugs

Anonymous

Gosh…..so many stirred memories…

How about ” Our last song together ” Neil Sedaka, ” Summer is over ” Dusty Springfield and ” Soldier ” by Shania Twain ??

“Has anybody seen my soldier?

Standing all alone

Has anybody seen my soldier?

Just tryna get home”

Sniffles, grace xx

Loved reading through these. A read an interview with a music producer who classified good music as music that invokes a feeling, thought or emotion you’ve experienced. Great music invokes a feeling, thought or emotion you’ve never had. Always stuck with me.

An obscure one though for me is Ghost Love Score from Nightwish. Knowing the story of true unrequited love being played out in this epic song, the writers feeling right there in the notes and then performing it on stage as I can only assume its cathartic.

Definitely wells up emotions fo sure.A few others sans-explanation:

Exit Music (For a Film) – Radiohead
      Lotus – Liv Kistine
      In My Arms – Ancient Bards
      Accidental Babies – Damien Rice

I actually tear up while listening to some tunes without lyrics. Some of Carlos Santana’s songs come to mind, like Samba Pati. Not sure if I spelled that correctly.

Anonymous

Sometimes spelling doesn’t matter…Santana is good enough x

Running to her, beaming bright while cradling his prize
      A flickering of yellow light within his mother’s eyes
      She holds them to her heart keeping them where they’ll be safe
      Clasped within her very marrow, dandelions in a vase

She sees love where anyone else would see weeds
      All hope is found, here is everything he needs

Five Iron Frenzy: Dandelions

I feel my body weakened by the years
      As people turn to gods of cruel design
      Is it that they fear the pain of death,
      Or could it be they fear the joy of life?

Toad the Wet Sprocket: Pray Your Gods

Anonymous

Mother by pink floyd, the lyrics have a lot of inner meaning to me especially being transexual and my Mom was especially protective of her offspring.

PRETTY PINNY
      Duchess

Phantom of the Opera’s “The Music of the Night”:

Night time, sharpens, heightens each sensation,
      Darkness stirs, and wakes imagination,
      Silently the senses, abandon their defenses,

Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender,
      Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendor
      Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender
      Turn you face away from the garish light of day
      Turn your thoughts away from cold unfeeling light
      And listen to the music of the night

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
      Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before
      Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar
      And you’ll live as you’ve never lived before

Softly, deftly, music shall caress you
      Hear it, feel it, secretly possess you
      Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind
      In this darkness which you know you cannot fight
      The darkness of the music of the night

Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world
      Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before
      Let your soul take you where you long to be
      Only then can you belong to me

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
      Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation
      Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in
      To the power of the music of the night

You alone can make my song take flight
      Help me make the music of the night

Sniff….where’s the kleenex!

Not only do I get tears, but goose bumps when I hear, “Can you feel the love tonight” by Sir Elton John from the Lion King.

Jeannie💋

Anonymous

Omg…

that’s just too naughty…

has a topic in ” All the Arts” ever been raided by the “Police” before????

Anonymous

Thanks for the giggle enjoyed that x

Naughty Plumb… and Amanda as well! Ooooeerrrr! The key, the key! Nope I’m confusing Shakespeare for something else!

Penitential Polly… Click!

Anonymous

Stephanie sweetie, I think you been over exposed  to far to much wind on the Volvo. But love you anyway xx

Anonymous

🙈🙉🙊….haha

Anonymous

Gosh Celeste,

that’s powerful stuff.

Have that drink Plumb!

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?