- April 10, 2021 at 6:24 am #475840Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1350Has thanked: 4823 timesBeen thanked: 7386 times
Okay, you big tough girls…
are there any songs that bring a tear to your eye…
sorry, that wasn’t a tear, it was a speck of grit!!!!
I’m a Carrie Underwood fan, and two of her songs nearly always hit the tear ducts for me…”Jesus take the wheel” and ” Temporary Home” ( watch the video)….😭😭😭
So girls, do you ever get emotional and teary over a certain song????
Pass the tissues, grace 😥
- April 26, 2021 at 3:37 am #484123Samantha JoanChat HostessRegistered On: November 17, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 101Has thanked: 455 timesBeen thanked: 388 times
Hope you are well today!
Ok, here goes, top of the playlist has to be Bright Eyes from Watership Down, never fails to get me welling up.
Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell is another, especially when you are watching Love Actually, absolutely heart breaking!
Finally, it’s Kate Bush and This Women’s Work. The lyrics, the song and the video all combined are absolutely brilliant but tragic and tearful in the same breath.
Samantha x x
- April 20, 2021 at 8:43 pm #481751
- April 20, 2021 at 6:23 pm #481702MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 120Has thanked: 256 timesBeen thanked: 663 times
One song that I’ve always liked but takes in a different meaning to me of late is “she’s always a woman“ by Billy Joel. I don’t recall if anyone mentioned it earlier in this forum but it really moved me. As a cd (non trans)person I feel a bit of a duality and the lyrics of the song feel almost like observing the female part within me. The song is beautiful but the description of the woman isn’t exactly flattering and I can feel my alter ego peaking through in his words(essentially she is using him and is extremely manipulative for those who aren’t familiar with the song) I m sure the way Im interpreting it wasn’t Billy’s meaning when he wrote it but that’s how it struck me the last time I heard it. A one way relationship and billy is on the short end, I can empathize with him dealing with melanie at times feels the same way.
- April 19, 2021 at 1:34 pm #481204Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1350Has thanked: 4823 timesBeen thanked: 7386 times
- April 19, 2021 at 1:13 pm #481193ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 305Has thanked: 721 timesBeen thanked: 1272 times
These are some of those that I currently remember, there are probably lots more buried deep within me that surface at opportune and sometimes strange times.
Reflections of My Life – The Marmalade
Going Home – Sissel
Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton (and Yes, Tears in Heaven is Sadness defined, but still)
100 Years – Five For Fighting
The Ash Grove – Shelby Flint, Nana Mouskouri (2 different versions)
- April 19, 2021 at 1:29 pm #481201
- April 19, 2021 at 9:58 am #481122Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 337Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 933 times
- April 19, 2021 at 9:24 am #481095Charlotte WalkerDuchessRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 101Has thanked: 379 timesBeen thanked: 297 times
I know this maybe weird Stairway to Heaven by Heart.
- April 19, 2021 at 8:59 am #481089Erica LightlyLadyRegistered On: June 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 50Has thanked: 401 timesBeen thanked: 500 times
- April 19, 2021 at 9:02 am #481091
- April 19, 2021 at 8:47 am #481085Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 445Has thanked: 366 timesBeen thanked: 1915 times
- April 19, 2021 at 8:55 am #481087
- April 16, 2021 at 12:29 pm #478630Samantha JoLadyRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 41Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 224 times
- April 20, 2021 at 1:27 pm #481605LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 869 times
I had forgotten that one. I liked the movie Will, I always cry at the end.
Some the Arsenal will come back, I should live so long. I hope this isn’t a Chicago Cubs type of thing for them, I would love to be able to hold my head up again LOL. As the Cubs said for so long there is always next season.
- April 19, 2021 at 10:47 am #481136Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
- April 19, 2021 at 1:09 pm #481190Samantha JoLadyRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 41Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 224 times
- April 20, 2021 at 12:29 pm #481593Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
Everton? Who could have anything other than total respect for them? A proper, for-the-fans team (unless they beat LCFC in which case they are a bunch of talentless Scousers that everyone loathes… until the next time we beat them……) By the way; most folk here still aren’t happy about the dodgy dealing you dictated when selling Leicester’s finest – Gary Winston Lineker – on to Barcelona: we needed the dosh. Strange to think in these days that anyone could be that worried about £250,000…… Everton still stand a good chance of finishing ahead of Liverpool – let’s all hope it comes off! I’m Leicester Till I Die…. Inga.
- April 16, 2021 at 12:14 pm #478622LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
And here’s how to make me even less masculine than I already am… Purely because it reminds me of a lost childhood and the hopes I had then; Puff the Magic Dragon, by Peter, Paul & Mary. “Dragons live forever, but not so little boys…” Didn’t everyone want to not have to grow up? Now feeling ancient… Inga.
- April 19, 2021 at 9:00 am #481090Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4264 times
“Puff” made me remember back when my sister taught me that I could call the radio station and ask them to play a certain song, and that the guy probably would do it. The town where we lived was maybe 10,000 people back then and had only 1 radio station on the AM band. I had to stand on a chair to reach the wall phone, but the people here got hear “Puff The Magic Dragon” every day for almost a month before my attention got directed another direction. But, the guy that answered the phone got to know my name and what time I was going to call each day, and he would dutifully play it for me, and everyone else in town too.
- April 19, 2021 at 10:52 am #481139LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
Envious: wish I could have had that experience…… from the view of an older person, it perhaps wasn’t the greatest song ever, but from the point of a lonely child, it really hit a spot…. Eeeehhh… the 1960’s…… don’t get me nostalgic…… Ancient Inga.
- April 16, 2021 at 11:50 am #478615Joanne JacksonLadyRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 87Has thanked: 217 timesBeen thanked: 404 times
- April 16, 2021 at 11:16 am #478603
- April 15, 2021 at 5:25 pm #478231Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2094Has thanked: 4170 timesBeen thanked: 7502 times
- April 15, 2021 at 4:08 pm #478189Kimberly LynnDuchessRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 113Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 513 times
- April 15, 2021 at 3:30 pm #478172Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 88Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 333 times
- April 11, 2021 at 2:23 pm #476474Teri RayLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 64 times
- April 10, 2021 at 9:56 pm #476195Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
- April 16, 2021 at 12:21 pm #478624LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
Polly – When you’re alone in your bed, won’t you tell me the thoughts that surround you, I want to look inside your head……” The lines about the singer and Marie-Claire begging on the back streets of Naples indeed make me melancholy – plus the song always makes me remember the late 60’s and of having hopes and dreams for the future. Didn’t the summers always seems hotter then – and the likes of Marianne Faithfull and Bridget Bardot always made you think that the days to come could be glamorous and beautiful? You’re making me all nostalgic… Ancient Inga…
- April 10, 2021 at 9:37 pm #476185Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 84Replies: 816Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2747 times
There are 3 songs that relate to my deep love for my darling SO
1/. Carol King’s “Loving You Forever”. I first heard this live here in Melbourne circa 2006 when CK did her “Living Room Tour”. My beloved was there right next to me.
2/. Judith Durham singing “Colours of my Life” another lovely love song
3/. This one really got the tears going.
Richard Samuel’s “Just to see you”. sample lyric “I wake up every morning just to see you”.
Trouble is, I first heard it in the late 90’s, on a hire car stereo in the car park of my hotel just outside Toronto. Two weeks into a four week round world business trip and missing home and me darlin’ “sumthin shockin”
Richard is a vastly underrated Canadian singer/ songwriter in the Billy Joel mould and I have had the pleasure of meeting him and seeing him play live… 20 years ago if it’s a day, but I will always treasure his music.
To bring it back to CD land, he released two piano instrumental “soft lights” CD’s. Caty plays them on her I pod when doing her make up, when doing overnight trips away from home.
- April 10, 2021 at 8:52 pm #476172DuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4264 times
Oh gosh Grace, there are so many emotional songs out there. I used to be not so open emotionally until after my sessions of chemotherapy. I cannot prove it by just how I am now, but there was definitely a change.
Into The Fire…. Bruce Springsteen— the official video will make you ask ‘Why?’ after you see it.
Dry Your Eyes… Neil Diamond
The Living Years… Mike and The Mechanics
Let It Be n Hey Jude… The Beatles
Dimming Of The Day… Bonnie Raitt
Rocky Mountain High, Cold Nights In Canada, Rhymes And Reasons, A Song For All Lovers, Flying For Me… John Denver— so many of his songs will do it.
Little Wing… Derek & The Dominoes. It reminds me of my oldest niece when she was 2-3 years old.
Fountain Of Sorrow… Jackson Browne.
So, so many more. Music is supposed to move us, emotionally, spiritually, and to make us think. But don’t forget the simple songs you sang as a child either, there to make us feel happy and maybe teach a little something too.
- April 10, 2021 at 7:52 pm #476161BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 176Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 725 times
- April 16, 2021 at 9:01 am #478549Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2094Has thanked: 4170 timesBeen thanked: 7502 times
- April 16, 2021 at 10:00 am #478572Tonya LerenLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 223Has thanked: 635 timesBeen thanked: 1094 times
It didn’t matter where I hear “taps” my heart sinks… as I know another brother or sister in arms has gone home. In my own way I always send up a prayer that their passing was peaceful and there families hearts will heal with a peace of mind knowing they are in a better place.
- April 10, 2021 at 2:49 pm #476075Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 24Replies: 777Has thanked: 3105 timesBeen thanked: 3118 times
All of Allanis Morrisette’s ‘Jagged Little Pill’ album.😭
Most Adele Songs- inc. ‘Rolling In The Deep’ and ‘Hello’😭
Candle In The Wind(1997) Elton after Diana’s death😭
Bridge Over Troubled Waters-Simon and Garfunkel.
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing- Aerosmith-at the end of Armageddon😭😭😭
The Winner Takes It All-ABBA😭I’m divorced🤣listen to the lyrics.
I’m welling up-need an antidote-where’s my Beachboys CD (Compact Disc not Cross Dresser🤣)
- April 15, 2021 at 3:45 pm #478176
- April 10, 2021 at 10:03 pm #476196Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
Beautiful Bianca Jagger… no, Jagged Little Pill! A brilliant album often disparaged but still meaningful in so many ways!
I reserve the Beach Boys and Jan & Deane for surfing nostalgia!
You might also consider Carole King, Janis Joplin, who died a very untimely death… Me an Bobby McGee! Ohhh…
Joni Mitchell! For all those English housewives… teaching then how to have sexual enjoyment.
Finally… Eric Clapton. “You are wonderful tonight”
Nostalgia rules KO? Polly
- April 10, 2021 at 6:51 pm #476149
- April 10, 2021 at 3:05 pm #476081
- April 10, 2021 at 1:13 pm #476033Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 38Replies: 953Has thanked: 292 timesBeen thanked: 3067 times
Only one song that I can think of and it does it every time. That would be “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee” by Walela
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee
Where a baby’s blood was
A soldiers pay
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee
Let it lie with my brother’s
Til the judgement day
My people were the earth
And the earth was home
When they stole their land
They stole their bones
Let my people, let my people pass
Crossing over this Jordan is all we ask
Take the eyes of the guns of peace away
My people can’t eat promises
But they can pray
Now my blood is flowing back to Tennessee
And my soul is moving in and out of reach
I’m dancing cause I carry my father’s seed
And I’m walking on this earth to set my people free
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee
- April 10, 2021 at 1:19 pm #476038
- April 10, 2021 at 12:49 pm #476024Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 889Has thanked: 8999 timesBeen thanked: 3900 times
- April 20, 2021 at 1:44 pm #481611LadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 869 times
Another good one. I sort had that dad only mine literally was never in my life. Now I suspect that my daughter sometimes wishes that I wasn’t so much in her life. No not really but we are real close with the same likes and taste so maybe some of the good parts of me have been pasted to her. Whatever skills I may have as a father I learned from my stepdad, god rest his soul! Damn now I am crying!
- April 10, 2021 at 8:00 pm #476162BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 176Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 725 times
- April 10, 2021 at 12:42 pm #476023Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 264Has thanked: 1549 timesBeen thanked: 788 times
The Living Years by Mike and The Mechanics. It was popular when my dad died and always chokes me up when they get to the part “I wasn’t there that morning when my father passed away…”
- April 10, 2021 at 8:20 am #475889KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 569Has thanked: 1509 timesBeen thanked: 2535 times
Good Morning Grace,
This one is very personal. The song is called “Arbor Day Tree”. Recorded by The DandyLionesses, on the CD “The Whole Story”. The lyrics were written by my wife and her friend put it to music. It is about our son planting a tiny tree and follows his life as both he and the tree grow taller. I’m starting to choke up just writing this. Whew.
Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- April 10, 2021 at 8:30 am #475893Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1350Has thanked: 4823 timesBeen thanked: 7386 times
Thank you Krista…
Your choice is the reason I love music so much……
the beauty of music is that so many different songs appeal to so many different people for so many different reasons….
there is always something new…..nobody will ever hear everything!!!
- April 10, 2021 at 8:03 am #475876stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9584 times
Been told off, so serious one: “Into the West” Annie Lennox …….. all about the afterlife or life after death. I’m having it played at my funeral. I’m coming back if I can – in the right body.
unrepentant, Steph xx … and no, I haven’t had a drink … yet.
- April 10, 2021 at 7:58 am #475875stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9584 times
- April 10, 2021 at 7:53 am #475874stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9584 times
Ken Dodd singing “Happiness” or “A penis, A penis, the greatest gift that I possess.” – always makes me cry with laughter! I am convinced that was what he was singing, or maybe I need a hearing aid. Nah – it’s Ken Dodd!
okay, okay …. I know where it is……. (Amanda gave me the key)
naughty Steph 😎😍
- April 11, 2021 at 2:02 pm #476465Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1385Has thanked: 8548 timesBeen thanked: 5426 times
- April 10, 2021 at 10:08 pm #476202LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
- April 10, 2021 at 8:34 am #475894
- April 10, 2021 at 8:04 am #475878Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1350Has thanked: 4823 timesBeen thanked: 7386 times
- April 10, 2021 at 7:25 am #475863Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 257Has thanked: 2830 timesBeen thanked: 1227 times
- April 10, 2021 at 6:45 am #475848Layla JonesLadyRegistered On: June 7, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 38Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 145 times
- April 10, 2021 at 6:36 am #475845Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 260Has thanked: 739 timesBeen thanked: 1221 times
When I’m alone in the car out for a drive, I’ll crank up Fix You by Coldplay. Bellowing along (certainly not singing!), I’ll cry me a river. “When the tears come streaming down your face….”
Right up there with guaranteed waterworks is the original Broadway cast recording of Les Miserables. It takes a longer road trip, but with all the death and heartache, I’m about cried out by the end of it. Clara gives it a rating of four Kleenex boxes. It’s much more than “A Little Fall of Rain”.
OMG I’m getting a little moist now just thinking about it. Gotta go…my mascara’s running……
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.