Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Another “oldie” worth another go..

For quite some time I have felt that when reaching for “a” bra to wear, my brain does not tell me its “a bra” or even “the bra”,(I am about to put on).

My femme brain says to me, “where is MY bra”. (And oh how I love the decision about which one to wear!!!…). Style is easy, they are all  underwire, colour is important as is fit, depending on which set of breast forms I plan to insert therein..

Anyone else have the same thoughts???

Happy dressing

Caty

Caty –

Interesting – honestly never think about it.  For me when I am dressing putting on a bra is just part of getting dressed.  As they are mine I never think about it as “my bra” or “a bra” just which one am I going to wear.   I have several different ones from hook behind, hook in front and pull over, some are lacy, some are padded, some are a jersey material with lace trim.  Which one I wear depends on the outfit I am going to wear.  One was an underwire but I found it to be annoying so took the wire out.  I don’t have breast forms but do use rice filled pantyhose at times in my larger bras.  I have A/B moobs and the feeling of wearing a bra is wonderful.

XOX
      Suzanne

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

After I select and set out what I plan to wear. I then go in and select my under clothes. Style, padding or not and color all have to be considered so as to go along with my outer garments.

Its such a fun process

Good day ladies,

Well I’m not sure if I think “ a bra “ but rather my bra and one of the first things I put on when I wake up. Nightie off and bra then pantyhose go on.  I wear a bralette daily so it’s become second nature to reach for it. More so than not it’s a lace bralette which I have in many colours.  If I’m wearing my forms I’ll go with one of my bras for them.

I just pick which bra i think would go with my panties colour wise i have all different styles but my favourite is my cross your heart bra as this was first style i wore of my mams

I really never give it much thought as I put on a bra upon rising as normally as washing up. It is just a natural thing to do.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Deciding on which bra to wear is fun.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

All my bras are Bali T-Shirt underwires, same style, various colors, because I find them so comfortable. I never tire of putting on a bra because wearing one, with my breast forms, gives me a very femme sensation.

I love my bras, as a trans woman I’ve been wearing a bra everyday and it has been so wonderful!  Now that I found out I am intersex and I’ve always been a woman, the thrill seems even better!  I like my bras to be pretty as well as comfy, the one’s I wear every day are made by WonderBra, same company that makes Bali.  Instead of trying to describe them, here’s a link\;

https://www.wonderbra.ca/en/wonderbra-breathable-t-shirt-underwire-bra-w4436h.html

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

I love all my bras and bralettes.  I have 10 lace bralettes.  I wear them (underdressed) when I’m out and about with small silicone inserts in the pockets.  While I’m in my car, I also have DD cup triangle forms inside the bralette.  If it’s cool weather and I’m wearing a coat/jacket, I leave the forms in place when I’m in a retail store.  In warmer weather, I remove the DD forms before going in stores.  I have DD teardrop forms that I wear to bed and around the house with underwire bras.  I suspect I have about a dozen bras.  Four or 5 are front closers and the rest are back closure bras.  I do have 1 F cup bra to use with a pair of F cup forms.  I only wear this bra and the F forms to bed – maybe 50% of the time.  All my bras have a lace pattern to them.  I have bras with 2 hooks, 3 hooks, and 4 hooks.  My bralettes are both 4 hooks and 5 hooks.  I actually almost feel undressed when I’m not wearing a bra.  I suspect a typical 24 hour period sees me wearing a bra or bralette a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 18 hours.  It is rare that I have one on 24 hours – although that has been the case from time to time.

Like you, I don’t pick a bra. I pick MY bra. I had not thought about that until reading it here. I dont know when they quit being just bras to my bras but it’s a wonderful thought to think of such a feminine article as mine. All of my bras are underwire styles. Some are lined but most are unlined. When I pick which bra to wear, it depends on what I plan on wearing that day. I like wearing tops that show off my boobs. Also, I love to wear a bra that allows my nipples to show. I feel that enhances my femme look and it also gets the men looking and flirting. I love that. The color that I pick depends on which top i am wearing. I love wearing one of my white bras if i am wearing a white top. I have several chiffon tops that are fairly sheer. I usually pick a black or nude color bra for those. I wear a size 44C with triangle forms that I sometimes glue on but mostly just wear them supported only by my bra. Because of that, I only wear full coverage bras. I only buy bras where the part between the cups isntbtoo tall. Maybe 2 to 2.5 inches. I guess that’s about it, except to say, wearing my bra is the most wonderful feeling. I know everyone can relate to that!

Denise

OMG, Denise…don’t get me started on the topic of exposed nipples…I’ve already gotten a “wrist slapping” from admin here and a photo rejected…SHAME on ME…hahaha…!!! Lesson learned…carrying on….I love my sheer, black pocket bra, with my 48C fitting silicon forms and my XL attached nipples that POP…they make me feel so feminine, yet confident, especially for this 3X plus-size CD…as all is in proportion to complete the illusion and the look I desire…!!!

Nips? Nah nah I say.  Lol

I have a lot of Bras, I love them all, but I do appreciate that I now have enough bras in different styles and colours etc to have the luxury to have enough bras to match the outfit I am wearing

I love my bras too. Pretty much all of them are underwire and I have them in black, beige and white. Love feeling the gentle hug when I’m wearing one. And of course they are so necessary to keep my boobs from falling off. 🙂

I have over 40 bras and I love everyone of them. Most of them are underwire padded push-ups; ranging in size from 36D,DD; 38C,D,DD; to 40C,D in 12 colors and 1 print/pattern. Lately I’ve noticed that I’ve needed to learn bra sizes from outside the United States: United Kingdom (and Canada, I think) is the same as the U.S., although for me France is 100D, European Union is 80E to 85C,D, Japan is E85, and Australia is 16D.

In recent years I’ve branched out into other styles; strapless in 2020 & 2023, soft cup in 2021, and bralettes in 2022. I also have 2 longline bustiers/basques, 1 longline “merry widow” “bra”, and 4 midline bustiers; some of my bras also fall into this midline style.

Hi Caty I love underwired and padded bra’s, all mine are like that, I love Lacey one’s the best with lots of lace,

I have lots of different styles and colours but i like my Red and Black one’s the best X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Cathryn
      Lady

It’s an over the shoulder boulder holder…

Harriette
        Lady

Geesh! I was saying that in the 1960s! 😄

Cathryn
          Lady

Well it was just a laugh…

I’m only…

My favorite is a white lace underwire Maidenform bra size 40 D.  It definitely makes me feel feminine.

I always reach for the panties first and then, pick a bra the same color, always.  All my bras are underwire with stretchy soft cups that take the shape of my forms, no preformed cups, wide shoulder straps, adjustable, size 42DD. I think the wife actually was an influence. Lol

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Jill Lacey.

I have to agree with the sentiment that the bras I have are a bra or the bra. They are my bras. My bras don’t excite me in quite the same way that they use to. They are no longer an exciting fetish for me. They are a part of me. Oh I still get excited when bra shopping, especially when I see a really cute, feminine one. But then I also really like plain, white every day bras.. I tend to choose my bra for the day depending on my mood. Some days a plain white bra suits my mood, but other days a really sexy, lacy bra does it for me. But either way it feels good to slip it on. My bras are an expression and celebration of my femininity, which is extraordinary and every day ordinary all at the same time. I love being in that place of my self-acceptance.

Jennifer Lang
      Duchess

I find bras the one of the most feminizing wardrobe items for both how they feel and how they make you look. I would have a bunch but some time ago I tried cycling en femme on a hot day while wearing breast forms. I had a big skin rash for weeks and have been sensitive to forms ever since.

After that, I switched to a padded bra from Soma. Coupled with my moobs, which finally have a purpose, it results in a nice size. Now I can skip breast forms and I haven’t had any skin problems. It’s really convenient and nothing slides around.

Soma doesn’t have many options that work for me, so for now it’s one bra type in the several colors they offer. Otherwise I’d be right there with everyone with a full drawer or two of different colors and styles!

I too own a large number of bras. They tend to be lacy, underwired with a wide band and wide straps (although no exclusively). I prefer black or white bras, but I have a few in red and naked/beige. The only time I don’t where one of my lacy bras is when I am exercising or visiting the doctor. When exercising I wear one of my many sports bras – they are usually matching with the Lycra panties and gyms skirts.

I also first pick my outfit for the day in the morning, then my bra and panties – black with dark clothes and white with light coloured clothes. They are usually matching lingerie sets.

But I also sleep in a bra (and nightie) – it feels really good to wake up en femme and to start the day in the right gender. I wake up and go in my nightware to the kitchen to make my wife a cup of tea in bed – my way of saying thank you to her every day for giving me the acceptance to (under)dress full time and when at home to fully dress.

I do think that bras are the most feminine of clothing and I love wearing them…bras, tight skirts and heels are just the bees knees of clothing. It’s just so great to be a crossdresser!

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I would have to say, Black, Green, Red, Pink, Rose, and more. I have several Cuup Bras that are sheer, unlined, and awesome sexy. A 38A fits great and I wear under tank top T shirt for walking just enough if some looks and they see my Bra straps. 38D or 40C with forms for around the house or walking with Jacket.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

It’s a thing that holds my breastforms. Without my bra they would fall to the floor.

Harriette
      Lady

At my height and weight, I started buying a variety of bras, just as experiments, to see the end results, and they have been hit and miss.

My underbust is 38″ / 85cm and I am not chubby, but this is not the problem. Some bras seem to be made to make me look too young with the nipple area looking perky and pointing straight ahead, sort of a bolt-on appearance. At least that’s how they appear to me looking down at my own chest.

Some bralettes don’t keep the breast forms where I think they should be. The bra that I have on now has my nipples pointing way too far towards my sides, but if I try to centre them, they stay looking wall-eyed. It still is a 38B like most of my other bras, but very different. I didn’t expect this.

I have started ordering a few A cup bras, to see how they make my moobs alone look, but they are few and far between (pardon the pun). I have a variety of form sizes, so I am working on the other aspect of this, too.

So, now I need to sort all of this out, so that I don’t need to experiment as much any more. Bras aren’t cheap and the cost is adding up.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?