- June 3, 2023 at 12:44 am #742323Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 144Replies: 1414Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6278 times
Another “oldie” worth another go..
For quite some time I have felt that when reaching for “a” bra to wear, my brain does not tell me its “a bra” or even “the bra”,(I am about to put on).
My femme brain says to me, “where is MY bra”. (And oh how I love the decision about which one to wear!!!…). Style is easy, they are all underwire, colour is important as is fit, depending on which set of breast forms I plan to insert therein..
Anyone else have the same thoughts???
20 users thanked author for this post.
- June 12, 2023 at 2:13 pm #744208HarrietteLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2023Topics: 14Replies: 800Has thanked: 2817 timesBeen thanked: 1881 times
At my height and weight, I started buying a variety of bras, just as experiments, to see the end results, and they have been hit and miss.
My underbust is 38″ / 85cm and I am not chubby, but this is not the problem. Some bras seem to be made to make me look too young with the nipple area looking perky and pointing straight ahead, sort of a bolt-on appearance. At least that’s how they appear to me looking down at my own chest.
Some bralettes don’t keep the breast forms where I think they should be. The bra that I have on now has my nipples pointing way too far towards my sides, but if I try to centre them, they stay looking wall-eyed. It still is a 38B like most of my other bras, but very different. I didn’t expect this.
I have started ordering a few A cup bras, to see how they make my moobs alone look, but they are few and far between (pardon the pun). I have a variety of form sizes, so I am working on the other aspect of this, too.
So, now I need to sort all of this out, so that I don’t need to experiment as much any more. Bras aren’t cheap and the cost is adding up.
- June 9, 2023 at 4:35 am #743471
- June 8, 2023 at 5:47 am #743324Lynda JonesBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 214Has thanked: 3735 timesBeen thanked: 758 times
I would have to say, Black, Green, Red, Pink, Rose, and more. I have several Cuup Bras that are sheer, unlined, and awesome sexy. A 38A fits great and I wear under tank top T shirt for walking just enough if some looks and they see my Bra straps. 38D or 40C with forms for around the house or walking with Jacket.
- June 7, 2023 at 8:16 am #743128Christine ThomasLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 241Has thanked: 767 timesBeen thanked: 951 times
I too own a large number of bras. They tend to be lacy, underwired with a wide band and wide straps (although no exclusively). I prefer black or white bras, but I have a few in red and naked/beige. The only time I don’t where one of my lacy bras is when I am exercising or visiting the doctor. When exercising I wear one of my many sports bras – they are usually matching with the Lycra panties and gyms skirts.
I also first pick my outfit for the day in the morning, then my bra and panties – black with dark clothes and white with light coloured clothes. They are usually matching lingerie sets.
But I also sleep in a bra (and nightie) – it feels really good to wake up en femme and to start the day in the right gender. I wake up and go in my nightware to the kitchen to make my wife a cup of tea in bed – my way of saying thank you to her every day for giving me the acceptance to (under)dress full time and when at home to fully dress.
I do think that bras are the most feminine of clothing and I love wearing them…bras, tight skirts and heels are just the bees knees of clothing. It’s just so great to be a crossdresser!
- June 6, 2023 at 9:39 pm #743069Jennifer LangDuchessRegistered On: December 23, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 20Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 93 times
I find bras the one of the most feminizing wardrobe items for both how they feel and how they make you look. I would have a bunch but some time ago I tried cycling en femme on a hot day while wearing breast forms. I had a big skin rash for weeks and have been sensitive to forms ever since.
After that, I switched to a padded bra from Soma. Coupled with my moobs, which finally have a purpose, it results in a nice size. Now I can skip breast forms and I haven’t had any skin problems. It’s really convenient and nothing slides around.
Soma doesn’t have many options that work for me, so for now it’s one bra type in the several colors they offer. Otherwise I’d be right there with everyone with a full drawer or two of different colors and styles!
- June 6, 2023 at 9:34 pm #743068Jessica Ann FlowersRegistered On: July 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 39Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 184 times
I have to agree with the sentiment that the bras I have are a bra or the bra. They are my bras. My bras don’t excite me in quite the same way that they use to. They are no longer an exciting fetish for me. They are a part of me. Oh I still get excited when bra shopping, especially when I see a really cute, feminine one. But then I also really like plain, white every day bras.. I tend to choose my bra for the day depending on my mood. Some days a plain white bra suits my mood, but other days a really sexy, lacy bra does it for me. But either way it feels good to slip it on. My bras are an expression and celebration of my femininity, which is extraordinary and every day ordinary all at the same time. I love being in that place of my self-acceptance.
- June 5, 2023 at 7:16 pm #742867Jill LaceyLadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 341Has thanked: 409 timesBeen thanked: 1092 times
I always reach for the panties first and then, pick a bra the same color, always. All my bras are underwire with stretchy soft cups that take the shape of my forms, no preformed cups, wide shoulder straps, adjustable, size 42DD. I think the wife actually was an influence. Lol
- This reply was modified 3 months ago by Jill Lacey.
- June 5, 2023 at 5:15 pm #742844Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: November 21, 2022Topics: 32Replies: 250Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 1401 times
- June 5, 2023 at 7:21 pm #742869
- June 5, 2023 at 4:53 pm #742843CathrynLadyRegistered On: November 29, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 58Has thanked: 174 timesBeen thanked: 245 times
It’s an over the shoulder boulder holder…
- June 4, 2023 at 2:27 pm #742660Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 1162Has thanked: 1230 timesBeen thanked: 4221 times
Hi Caty I love underwired and padded bra’s, all mine are like that, I love Lacey one’s the best with lots of lace,
I have lots of different styles and colours but i like my Red and Black one’s the best X
Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀
- June 4, 2023 at 2:16 pm #742659Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 861Has thanked: 57114 timesBeen thanked: 2368 times
I have over 40 bras and I love everyone of them. Most of them are underwire padded push-ups; ranging in size from 36D,DD; 38C,D,DD; to 40C,D in 12 colors and 1 print/pattern. Lately I’ve noticed that I’ve needed to learn bra sizes from outside the United States: United Kingdom (and Canada, I think) is the same as the U.S., although for me France is 100D, European Union is 80E to 85C,D, Japan is E85, and Australia is 16D.
In recent years I’ve branched out into other styles; strapless in 2020 & 2023, soft cup in 2021, and bralettes in 2022. I also have 2 longline bustiers/basques, 1 longline “merry widow” “bra”, and 4 midline bustiers; some of my bras also fall into this midline style.
- June 4, 2023 at 4:46 am #742564Jennifer AtwellLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 107Has thanked: 450 timesBeen thanked: 368 times
I love my bras too. Pretty much all of them are underwire and I have them in black, beige and white. Love feeling the gentle hug when I’m wearing one. And of course they are so necessary to keep my boobs from falling off. 🙂
- June 3, 2023 at 9:01 pm #742537Denise TanoLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 61Has thanked: 250 timesBeen thanked: 395 times
Like you, I don’t pick a bra. I pick MY bra. I had not thought about that until reading it here. I dont know when they quit being just bras to my bras but it’s a wonderful thought to think of such a feminine article as mine. All of my bras are underwire styles. Some are lined but most are unlined. When I pick which bra to wear, it depends on what I plan on wearing that day. I like wearing tops that show off my boobs. Also, I love to wear a bra that allows my nipples to show. I feel that enhances my femme look and it also gets the men looking and flirting. I love that. The color that I pick depends on which top i am wearing. I love wearing one of my white bras if i am wearing a white top. I have several chiffon tops that are fairly sheer. I usually pick a black or nude color bra for those. I wear a size 44C with triangle forms that I sometimes glue on but mostly just wear them supported only by my bra. Because of that, I only wear full coverage bras. I only buy bras where the part between the cups isntbtoo tall. Maybe 2 to 2.5 inches. I guess that’s about it, except to say, wearing my bra is the most wonderful feeling. I know everyone can relate to that!
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Denise Tano.
- June 4, 2023 at 3:25 pm #742666Tiny TinkerbellLadyRegistered On: May 19, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 83Has thanked: 1049 timesBeen thanked: 287 times
OMG, Denise…don’t get me started on the topic of exposed nipples…I’ve already gotten a “wrist slapping” from admin here and a photo rejected…SHAME on ME…hahaha…!!! Lesson learned…carrying on….I love my sheer, black pocket bra, with my 48C fitting silicon forms and my XL attached nipples that POP…they make me feel so feminine, yet confident, especially for this 3X plus-size CD…as all is in proportion to complete the illusion and the look I desire…!!!
- June 6, 2023 at 4:39 pm #743038Jill LaceyLadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 341Has thanked: 409 timesBeen thanked: 1092 times
Nips? Nah nah I say. Lol
- June 6, 2023 at 9:24 pm #743066Donna O LaceyLadyRegistered On: April 26, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
I have a lot of Bras, I love them all, but I do appreciate that I now have enough bras in different styles and colours etc to have the luxury to have enough bras to match the outfit I am wearing
- June 3, 2023 at 8:07 pm #742529Heather SmithLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2023Topics: 3Replies: 95Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 439 times
I love all my bras and bralettes. I have 10 lace bralettes. I wear them (underdressed) when I’m out and about with small silicone inserts in the pockets. While I’m in my car, I also have DD cup triangle forms inside the bralette. If it’s cool weather and I’m wearing a coat/jacket, I leave the forms in place when I’m in a retail store. In warmer weather, I remove the DD forms before going in stores. I have DD teardrop forms that I wear to bed and around the house with underwire bras. I suspect I have about a dozen bras. Four or 5 are front closers and the rest are back closure bras. I do have 1 F cup bra to use with a pair of F cup forms. I only wear this bra and the F forms to bed – maybe 50% of the time. All my bras have a lace pattern to them. I have bras with 2 hooks, 3 hooks, and 4 hooks. My bralettes are both 4 hooks and 5 hooks. I actually almost feel undressed when I’m not wearing a bra. I suspect a typical 24 hour period sees me wearing a bra or bralette a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 18 hours. It is rare that I have one on 24 hours – although that has been the case from time to time.
- June 3, 2023 at 6:33 pm #742517Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 40Replies: 815Has thanked: 16951 timesBeen thanked: 4905 times
I love my bras, as a trans woman I’ve been wearing a bra everyday and it has been so wonderful! Now that I found out I am intersex and I’ve always been a woman, the thrill seems even better! I like my bras to be pretty as well as comfy, the one’s I wear every day are made by WonderBra, same company that makes Bali. Instead of trying to describe them, here’s a link\;
Ms. Lauren M
- June 3, 2023 at 5:36 pm #742510Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 790Has thanked: 657 timesBeen thanked: 3485 times
All my bras are Bali T-Shirt underwires, same style, various colors, because I find them so comfortable. I never tire of putting on a bra because wearing one, with my breast forms, gives me a very femme sensation.
- June 3, 2023 at 8:55 am #742424
- June 3, 2023 at 4:50 am #742368Ria FreichukLadyRegistered On: June 6, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 190Has thanked: 801 timesBeen thanked: 854 times
- June 3, 2023 at 3:10 am #742349Debbie BurnsLadyRegistered On: May 13, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 82 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
I just pick which bra i think would go with my panties colour wise i have all different styles but my favourite is my cross your heart bra as this was first style i wore of my mams
- June 3, 2023 at 2:25 am #742344Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 920Has thanked: 3334 timesBeen thanked: 4721 times
Good day ladies,
Well I’m not sure if I think “ a bra “ but rather my bra and one of the first things I put on when I wake up. Nightie off and bra then pantyhose go on. I wear a bralette daily so it’s become second nature to reach for it. More so than not it’s a lace bralette which I have in many colours. If I’m wearing my forms I’ll go with one of my bras for them.
- June 3, 2023 at 1:34 am #742328Roberta BroussardDuchessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 671Has thanked: 8711 timesBeen thanked: 3431 times
After I select and set out what I plan to wear. I then go in and select my under clothes. Style, padding or not and color all have to be considered so as to go along with my outer garments.
Its such a fun process
- June 3, 2023 at 1:31 am #742325Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 720Has thanked: 5671 timesBeen thanked: 3068 times
Interesting – honestly never think about it. For me when I am dressing putting on a bra is just part of getting dressed. As they are mine I never think about it as “my bra” or “a bra” just which one am I going to wear. I have several different ones from hook behind, hook in front and pull over, some are lacy, some are padded, some are a jersey material with lace trim. Which one I wear depends on the outfit I am going to wear. One was an underwire but I found it to be annoying so took the wire out. I don’t have breast forms but do use rice filled pantyhose at times in my larger bras. I have A/B moobs and the feeling of wearing a bra is wonderful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.