- This topic has 36 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- November 3, 2020 at 6:53 am #402263AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I am giving serious thought to having my ears pierced. I am wondering if stores have stopped piercing ears because of Covid concerns. Has anyone used the at home ear piercing kits?
Anyone get their ears pierced at a store recently?
- December 1, 2020 at 7:25 pm #413121Allen HouseDuchessRegistered On: November 3, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 8 times
- December 1, 2020 at 4:21 pm #413061PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 242Has thanked: 958 timesBeen thanked: 916 times
Hi Kay! I just had mine pierced last Tuesday. And had an old piercing reopened. I went to a tattoo shop. They are open. I believe Clair’s is also. But I wanted a needle instead of a piercing gun. I Love it!! Hugs Pru
- December 1, 2020 at 10:19 am #412942AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- December 2, 2020 at 2:00 pm #413413PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 242Has thanked: 958 timesBeen thanked: 916 times
- December 2, 2020 at 2:02 pm #413414AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Haa! How awesome. Thank you for that, Prudence! ..I’ll always remember it, not only was it ‘different’ but what a bonding experience! Sadly we’ve lost touch now and our lives have moved on but I’ll never forget her doing that for me!!
- December 1, 2020 at 9:49 am #412932IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 316Has thanked: 796 timesBeen thanked: 949 times
Purchased an Inverness home ear piercing kit from Amazon (50$ CAD) and pierced my ears this past Saturday.
Simple prceedure… was my own surgeon.
Now you just need to wait the 6 weeks and then fun-time…!
It’s great being able to wear ‘proper’ earrings and even though I only pierced mine fairly recently, I can change them quite easily without a mirror. I’m not-so-slowly building a collection – including converting some of my clip-on ones.
- November 30, 2020 at 3:04 pm #412693Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 280Has thanked: 434 timesBeen thanked: 891 times
I bought these home units from Amazon and let my wife do it. It took 5 min.
I also bought these to wear after I took out the initial piercings. These are a good mix of studs that work in Drab or casual girl modes…
I am pretty happy with my pierced ears… 😉
- November 30, 2020 at 1:53 pm #412676GenevïēveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1733Has thanked: 13654 timesBeen thanked: 7175 times
- December 1, 2020 at 12:26 am #412832
- November 30, 2020 at 1:34 pm #412663Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1330Has thanked: 17615 timesBeen thanked: 5025 times
- November 13, 2020 at 3:33 pm #406273Joanne WattersLadyRegistered On: August 25, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 25 times
I have had my ears pierced for years, I had a female friend do them for me, to this day I still get a thrill when I put on a pair of hoops or long dangling earrings, I just love showing off the fact that I have pierced ears. Joanne
- November 13, 2020 at 3:16 pm #406262IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 316Has thanked: 796 timesBeen thanked: 949 times
Which piercing kit did you get Isabel? Thinking of doing the same.
I decided not to go for the really cheap ones and spent a little more on the Inverness kit with the 3mm stainless steel ball studs. I was actually quite impressed at how simple it was also that the studs actually ‘click’ into the backs which are domed so there is no chance of the piercing stud catching behind your ear during the healing time.
- November 14, 2020 at 1:49 am #406370
- November 13, 2020 at 1:56 pm #406229IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 316Has thanked: 796 timesBeen thanked: 949 times
I pierced my ears a couple of months ago using a home piercing kit bought from Amazon. It worked perfectly, no pain or discomfort and no sign of infection, although I was rigorous about using the cleaning solution two or three times per day for the six weeks of healing.
Now I can wear any earrings I want to and it’s great! Very much recommended and sooooo much better than clip-ons.
- November 13, 2020 at 1:03 pm #406211MollyDuchessRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 302Has thanked: 1508 timesBeen thanked: 976 times
I don’t know what it’s like in the states; but up here in the now white north…. There are tattoo and piercing parlours that are now open by appointment only.
I’d highly recommend that you use such a place for the following reasons:
1. They do a better job of piercing with the minimum of collateral trauma. (Needle is less damaging than a gun as there’s less of a shock wave) Now I admit that this is hotly debated as to whether it’s substantial enough to be concerned about, but why take a chance
2. They have better experience in balancing the location of the hole. Especially if you say you’re going to want a second one later.
3. They will go through the ear on the best angle.
Reasons #2 and #3 are definitely considerations… Yes you can ‘fix’ mistakes by letting the hole heal over in the lobe, but why go through all the hassle? I can see from the other comments here that this is a common theme for replies.
I’ve been pierced for almost 2 years now, and I’m so happy that I did it with someone who takes pride in making sure it’s right to begin with.
- November 12, 2020 at 4:22 pm #405932Autumn ValiantDuchessRegistered On: July 14, 2019Topics: 38Replies: 1208Has thanked: 19313 timesBeen thanked: 3345 times
- November 8, 2020 at 4:56 am #404175AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 7, 2020 at 1:09 pm #403986Mary Ann SummersLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 127Has thanked: 418 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
I purchased the self piercing kits from Amazon. It is this little thingy that has a stud in it already and you just put it on the place on your lobe where you want the stud and squeeze. I froze lobe first with an ice cube, then cleaned with rubbing alcohol. No pain at all. I got a pack of 8 of them for $9.00.
- November 4, 2020 at 5:34 am #402681Sophia KeelerRegistered On: June 21, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 39Has thanked: 1113 timesBeen thanked: 190 times
- November 4, 2020 at 3:20 am #402637Bre MartinLadyRegistered On: November 1, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 39Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 360 times
- November 4, 2020 at 3:15 am #402636AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
i had my ears pierced last year at a jewelry stand in the mall. quick and painless. i wanted to get them done professionally. didnt want them to be out of line. would have done it myself but its hard to make sure they are in line. ive done my other piercings myself but they are not on my head. glad i got my ears pierced. clip ons hurt and suck. i have quite the collection of earrings now.
- November 4, 2020 at 1:57 am #402632SharonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 110Has thanked: 867 timesBeen thanked: 597 times
I desperately want mine done too. However I am too concerned about infection, and don’t want to burden the NHS right now so waiting it out. Damn hard. I may have purchased a few pairs of clip ons to see me through though.
- November 4, 2020 at 12:36 am #402620Leyenna HazelLadyRegistered On: November 4, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
- November 4, 2020 at 12:08 am #402614AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I have heard from others that the self piercing kits on Amazon are ok.
Two things I soooooo want…my ears pierced and professionally manicured/ painted finger nails….. alas my job will not support either at the moment, but if grace had everything she wanted, wouldn’t the future be boring!!!….good luck with your ears !
Huggs, grace x
- November 3, 2020 at 9:28 am #402374Michelle WilsonLadyRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 4Has thanked: 35 timesBeen thanked: 54 times
Piercing my ears was very exciting for me. I did it myself with a medical needle I stole from the lab I used to work in. I chose a high caliber needle, around the same size of an earring post. It was super easy and painless.
- November 3, 2020 at 9:26 am #402372SerenBaronessRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 463Has thanked: 4036 timesBeen thanked: 2215 times
I’d researched and come to the same conclusion as Samantha and Bianca, that a tattoo parlour is a better/safer bet, but not yet got the courage….. I think now all our tattoo shops are closed for the foreseeable…. along with the laser clinics ☹️
- November 3, 2020 at 9:15 am #402366Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 27Replies: 875Has thanked: 3541 timesBeen thanked: 3661 times
My daughter got hers pierced about a month ago at a tattoo shop. Needle not gun, and did z very good job. Both had masks throughout. Don’t know where it comes under the Covid tiering maze! Try calling a couple of local tattoo shops to see what the current rules are in your area.
I had my own, ‘will I won’t I’ moment when she got them done. Not mustered the courage yet, but did order some magnetic ones to see what they would look like. Love them, and they do stay in place, just stud earrings but look soooo good, and a lot less painful than clip on’s.
- November 3, 2020 at 8:56 am #402357Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 27Replies: 317Has thanked: 358 timesBeen thanked: 1302 times
In June 2019 I did buy a DYI kit from aliexpress (like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000019549433.html – <$2 = way cheaper than amazon) and after a long wait it arrived. Then I did it my self and the only prep I did was wipe the ear with alchowipes so no ice or so. Didn’t hurt at all but I guess that depends on people and where it punctures.
- November 3, 2020 at 8:40 am #402342Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 41Replies: 1159Has thanked: 315 timesBeen thanked: 4018 times
No idea regarding stores. As to home piercing kits the one I used many many years ago was a friend with an ice cube and a needle. Quick,easy,and pretty much painless as I recall. That was just one ear. Had the other one done to match in a salon about 22 years age with a piercing gun. That one took a couple weeks longer to heal than doing it with a needle.
- November 3, 2020 at 8:39 am #402341Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 48Replies: 1736Has thanked: 6794 timesBeen thanked: 4071 times
- December 1, 2020 at 5:11 pm #413072
- November 3, 2020 at 8:05 am #402297
- November 3, 2020 at 7:53 am #402294Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 653Has thanked: 1334 timesBeen thanked: 2996 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.