• This topic has 29 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am giving serious thought to having my ears pierced. I am wondering if stores have stopped piercing ears because of Covid concerns. Has anyone used the at home ear piercing kits?

Anyone get their ears pierced at a store recently?

Thanks!

Kay

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Kay.  I had my ears pierced at a Clare’s about 2 months ago.  I am going to guess that each store will go with what ever local restrictions in your own city.

Sandy

Don’t go to Clare’s to get your ears done. Go to a real piercing shop that does NOT use a gun.

-SR-

I was there just the other day and had mine done. They used a one time use device due to Covid instead of a gun.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

In June 2019 I did buy a DYI kit from aliexpress (like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000019549433.html – <$2 = way cheaper than amazon) and after a long wait it arrived. Then I did it my self and the only prep I did was wipe the ear with alchowipes so no ice or so. Didn’t hurt at all but I guess that depends on people and where it punctures.

/kt

Hi Kay

My daughter got hers pierced about a month ago at a tattoo shop. Needle not gun, and did z very good job. Both had masks throughout. Don’t know where it comes under the Covid tiering maze! Try calling a couple of local tattoo shops to see what the current rules are in your area.

I had my own, ‘will I won’t I’ moment when she got them done. Not mustered the courage yet, but did order some magnetic ones to see what they would look like. Love them, and they do stay in place, just stud earrings but look soooo good, and a lot less painful than clip on’s.

❤️B

Seren
      Baroness

#goalz

I’d researched and come to the same conclusion as Samantha and Bianca, that a tattoo parlour is a better/safer bet, but not yet got the courage….. I think now all our tattoo shops are closed for the foreseeable…. along with the laser clinics ☹️

Seren xx

Piercing my ears was very exciting for me. I did it myself with a medical needle I stole from the lab I used to work in. I chose a high caliber needle, around the same size of an earring post. It was super easy and painless.

Anonymous

Kay honey

I have heard from others that the self piercing kits on Amazon are ok.

Two things I soooooo want…my ears pierced and professionally manicured/ painted finger nails….. alas my job will not support either at the moment, but if grace had everything she wanted, wouldn’t the future be boring!!!….good luck with your ears !

Huggs, grace x

I pierced both my ears about 15 years ago. I used thumb tacks. I know, thumb tacks doesn’t sound like the best way to go but they worked well and I did sterilized them before I did it. Sooo…🤷‍♀️

Siobhan
      Lady

I desperately want mine done too.  However I am too concerned about infection, and don’t want to burden the NHS right now so waiting it out.  Damn hard.  I may have purchased a few pairs of clip ons to see me through though.

Anonymous

i had my ears pierced last year at a jewelry stand in the mall. quick and painless. i wanted to get them done professionally. didnt want them to be out of line. would have done it myself but its hard to make sure they are in line. ive done my other piercings myself but they are not on my head. glad i got my ears pierced. clip ons hurt and suck. i have quite the collection of earrings now.

I go to a tattoo shop as well to get my ears pierced,done right the first time.

Hi Kay, I’ve done both. It’s easy to do. Just make sure that you mark the ear first to make sure that the piercings are even.

Sophia

Anonymous

I purchased the self piercing kits from Amazon. It is this little thingy that has a stud in it already and you just put it on the place on your lobe where you want the stud and squeeze. I froze lobe first with an ice cube, then cleaned with rubbing alcohol. No pain at all. I got a pack of 8 of them for $9.00.

Hugs, MaryAnn.

Anonymous

Kay

I would go to a tattoo parlor I have five piercing all done by the same girl. When I got my double helix piercing I did en femme.

Hi Kay,

I wish I could get my ears pierced. Might have to wait until after I retire.

Hugs

Autumn

Molly
      Duchess

Hi Kay;

I don’t know what it’s like in the states; but up here in the now white north…. There are tattoo and piercing parlours that are now open by appointment only.

I’d highly recommend that you use such a place for the following reasons:

1. They do a better job of piercing with the minimum of collateral trauma. (Needle is less damaging than a gun as there’s less of a shock wave)    Now I admit that this is hotly debated as to whether it’s substantial enough to be concerned about, but why take a chance

2. They have better experience in balancing the location of the hole.  Especially if you say you’re going to want a second one later.

3. They will go through the ear on the best angle.

Reasons #2 and #3 are definitely considerations…  Yes you can ‘fix’ mistakes by letting the hole heal over in the lobe, but why go through all the hassle?   I can see from the other comments here that this is a common theme for replies.

I’ve been pierced for almost 2 years now, and I’m so happy that I did it with someone who takes pride in making sure it’s right to begin with.

-Molly

IsabelB
      Lady

I pierced my ears a couple of months ago using a home piercing kit bought from Amazon.  It worked perfectly, no pain or discomfort and no sign of infection, although I was rigorous about using the cleaning solution two or three times per day for the six weeks of healing.
      Now I can wear any earrings I want to and it’s great!  Very much recommended and sooooo much better than clip-ons.

Isabel x

IsabelB
      Lady

[postquote quote=406235]

Hi Genevieve,

I decided not to go for the really cheap ones and spent a little more on the Inverness kit with the 3mm stainless steel ball studs.  I was actually quite impressed at how simple it was also that the studs actually ‘click’ into the backs which are domed so there is no chance of the piercing stud catching behind your ear during the healing time.

Isabel x

I have had my ears pierced for years, I had a female friend do them for me, to this day I still get a thrill when I put on a pair of hoops or long dangling earrings, I just love showing off the fact that I have pierced ears.                     Joanne

Just had mine pierced at Claire’s yesterday. Virginia for point of reference, they’re likely different in many states.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I bought these home units from Amazon and let my wife do it. It took 5 min.

I also bought these to wear after I took out the initial piercings. These are a good mix of studs that work in Drab or casual girl modes…

I am pretty happy with my pierced ears… 😉

XOXO

IsabelB
      Lady

[postquote quote=412676]

Now you just need to wait the 6 weeks and then fun-time…!

It’s great being able to wear ‘proper’ earrings and even though I only pierced mine fairly recently, I can change them quite easily without a mirror.  I’m not-so-slowly building a collection – including converting some of my clip-on ones.

Enjoy, Genevieve,

Isabel x

Anonymous

My friend Sam did mine with an ice cube and a needle waaay back! It was a great bonding experience! And nowhere near as bad as you’d think it sounds!! haha

Prudence
        Ambassador

Hi Kitty! That is how I got my first piercing. Used a potato on the under side of the ear, so I didnt get jabbed in the neck when it pushed through. It’s really not bad at all. Wearing clipo ns for an hour hurts more.  TC  Pru

Anonymous

Haa! How awesome. Thank you for that, Prudence! ..I’ll always remember it, not only was it ‘different’ but what a bonding experience! Sadly we’ve lost touch now and our lives have moved on but I’ll never forget her doing that for me!!

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Kay!  I just had mine pierced last Tuesday.  And had an old piercing reopened. I went to a tattoo shop. They are open. I believe Clair’s is also. But I wanted a needle instead of a piercing gun.  I Love it!!  Hugs  Pru

I had mine done two weeks ago at a little ciosk at the local mall. It was the best decision I had made in a while

It was about $55 for a 5mm CZ on a stainless stud, all inclusive, I think.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?