Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Aoife
      Lady

Who were some of the women you looked up to when you first started dressing/building your aesthetic? I’m sure we all started wearing mother/sisters’ clothes first, but whose did you WANT?

I’m a rock chick through and through and while I don’t love her like so many of my peers I have to say I spent a lot of time, especially ages 13-15 imagining myself in Kim Gordon’s clothes. I’m sure there are others, but she really reigns supreme there. Short skirts/dresses confrontational tops and a loose attitude, what else could I possibly want to project as a girl?

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

I never had an icon during my younger years. However, when I was married, I always admired my mother-in-law. She was a beautiful women for her age and always well dressed. She influenced me more then any other women to look my best now that I’m up in my age.

Anonymous

As a child I did have some early Abba posters on my wall so was taken by the hippy-chick type outfits that Agnetha and Anni-Frid wore.  Not too surprisingly I’ve always liked long maxi dresses and skirts with a boho or ethnic style.  Also Kate Bush: some of those early videos had some great costumes.  I really ought to get to one of the “Most Wuthering Heights Day Ever” events  (Google it!)

Aoife
        Lady

Jasmine, I wouldn’t be much of an Irish girl if I didn’t love Kate! Unfortunately growing up in the US I didn’t get much exposure early on, but what I did get sure stuck! Once I got to university that sure changed and my friend Miles and I actually joked about me recreating the ‘Hounds of Love’ cover one day.

hearts and rainbows,

Aoife

Anonymous

Never in my early years, I’m too new at this, but I dream of Bridget Fonda every-nite

I didn’t have too many style icons when I was growing up,I just envied the clothes of girls of my age and a little older than me.One that did stand out was the lead singer of theseventies  pop band Middle Of The Road.At 13 I really envied her hot pants,tights a d go go boots.Would have loved to have dressed like her. When I was in my early twenties I wanted to be Lady Diana and Brooke Shields

Anonymous

ABBA and Kate Bush for me – and Suzi Quatro, although with my skinny shape I’d have difficulties getting that look!

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Aoife!

When I was younger definitely, Deborah Harry was a big influence on how i wanted to look. Since finally coming back to dressing, I would say Zoey Deschanel, Allison Kraus, Jenna Coleman, Tilda Swinton, and Terri Nun all come to mind as inspirational.  I hope to incorporate a little of each style into my wardrobe.

Hugs,

Michelle

Aoife
      Lady

Very cool, Sammy. Girls like that always look so comfortable and feminine. Were you ever able to try anything on? It would be amazing to have friends like that who could keep you in mind. Amazing to see it all come around like that. What a dream come true!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?