Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am a closet Xdresser who has always wanted pierced ears. For some reason Im uncomfortable doing it at my age (49) Obviously it would make my dress up sessions at home more enjoyable. Like Xdressing the notion and desire of getting my ears pierced doesnt go away. I would love to hear from others that made the decision to pierce their ears and what reaction you got from friends and family.

Hi Mercedez

What a great name!

I was 35 when I had mine done and nobody said a thing to me about it. They had plenty to say when I got my nipples pierced when I was 32 before I started dressing fully. I had all kinds of piercings and people didn’t care.

I went to a family picnic at a cousin’s when I had the stater studs in and nobody said a word to me about them.

Barbie

Anonymous

thanks so much barbie – good insight i just wonder though if age is an issue – i shouldnt care what people think but do

To some degree we all care what other people think. It just means you are human and it’s nothing to feel bad about. If you do decide to get them pierced, I recommend going to a body piercer who will use a needle instead of those ridiculous piercing guns they use at places that sell earrings. You will get a much cleaner piercing that will heal a lot faster by getting it done with a hollow piercing needle.

Anonymous

you look amazing btw

Smartina
      Duchess

I’ve got my ears pierced at the age of 55. It was a new store offering this hygienic piercing service from one hygienic needle pack that put big training studs in my ears. If it’s an issue for you not to have earrings right away after the piercing by necessity for reaming out that hole in your ear for future earrings, but I had, unfortunately, cast the die, and my dad noticed, but we never mentioned it since. However, I absolutely have no regrets at having pierced my ears and therefore being able to buy earrings and wear these gorgeous drop earrings or big bangles, or all the other weird and wonderful earrings that are available. Once that hole has been formed you can leave your ears without earrings for lengthy periods if it’s necessary. Appropriately enough, the piercing shop was named “New You”.

Anonymous

thanks so much for the reply .. so is there a way to disguise the piercing during the healing process – sorry for the questions google hasnt helped

Smartina
          Duchess

The best you can do is really choose studs which are very inconspicuous. Because they have to be in for quite a while, in my case, at least a fortnight, to form the earring holes. Training studs have a much thicker bore than regular earrings to achieve the hole. You should not attempt to remove them at this stage for any reason. Other people noticed apart from my dad, but really in this day and age a man having his ears pierced is very unremarkable. Like many other aspects of my appearance, I get to a stage where I think well, so I’ve got pretty toes or something in my ears whatever, have you got an issue with it?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Smartina. Reason: shower thoughts
          • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Smartina. Reason: shower thoughts again

That would be awesome.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

I’m in the same boat as you.  I made the decision to get my ears pierced.  At 60, I’m at the stage of my life where I don’t care what people think except my wife, who I yet to tell.  She probably already knows, though.  Have it done by a professional body piercer.   The needle is much safer than the gun.

Good luck,

Robin

Anonymous
      Lady

I had my ears pierced this past January. Yeah people will notice but most don’t care. My ex had negative comments to our girls but I don’t give a tinkers damn what she thinks or says. I have received many compliments about them from a variety of people. I know that I love having them pierced but there is a downside…you will find that you want to buy more and more earrings to match every outfit you have. My healing process took about 6 weeks and you are not supposed to take the initial studs out during this process and you must follow the directions on keeping the new holes clean. Go to a piercing studio instead of mall piercing place. The needle is much better than the piercing guns.

I do have some favorites with one set from Disney that are just beautiful, they are light blue and match the dress that Cinderella wears. Plus Etsy has lots of beautiful earrings. My only regret is not having them pierced decades ago.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Mercecez, just go for it. When for my 66th birthday my X offered to pay for my ear piercing, after a moment of confusion, I said yes . I did get a few comments at work and from family. Since pierced ears for men is not all that unusual that is as far as that went.

. Cassie

Anonymous

Mercedez,

I’m in the closet, too. But I say “go for it”. That being said, I’d love to get mine pierced, but my wife has already been a little negative when seeing me with a clip-on, once or twice, when I forgot to remove it. She might be okay, if I had been wearing more “masculine” styles like simple studs, though.

Nothing much else has been said about it. But I can’t be open about my feminine tendencies so I don’t wear anything around her. Though, I have some friends who have grown accustomed to seeing me with a ring in my left ear.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I decided to pierce my ears at 48 1/2 years old.

I mentioned it to my wife, she was ok with it. At the time that I decided to do it, all of the shops that did that work were closed(Covid).

So, I ordered a set of self piercing kits from Amazon, and asked the Mrs to do it. She was thrilled!

Having here take part and be the one to do the job made it fun for her and I believe she felt more involved with this side of me. She loves getting to tell people that she got to do them.

I love having them pierced. I usually have at least studs in at all times. I found some cute gender neutral black studs that have screw on backs. These are super comfortable to sleep in if you don’t feel like taking them out.

Hope that helps,

xoxo

Rayna

Jasmine
      Lady

I have my ears pierced both including the cartilage so in total I have five piercings in my ears and my nose pierced my tongue pierced and I have some more southernly Parts pierced I’ll leave it at that

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jasmine.

I got mine pierced back in October….. I’m 54! One of the best things I have done! I seriously enjoy wearing earrings now. I have many pairs now….. Seriously, go and get them done!

Cerys.

Jackie
      Ambassador

I have 6 in one ear and 7 in the other, a little diamond nose stud and a belly button piercing. Contemplated another one in my lower part but quickly decided not too (ouch). Thinking of getting a small ring in one of my eyebrows but the more I think about it the less appealing it sounds. My inner lobes are also part of my piercings. I only take my small hoops out once a week to clean, my diamond stud in my right ear comes out more often to polish. So as anyone can tell I absolutely love piercings and tattoo’s. I highly recommend getting your ears and other body parts pierced.

Jackie
      Ambassador

I have 6 in one ear and 7 in the other, a little diamond nose stud and a belly button piercing. Contemplated another one in my lower part but quickly decided not too (ouch). Thinking of getting a small ring in one of my eyebrows but the more I think about it the less appealing it sounds. My inner lobes are also part of my piercings. I only take my small hoops out once a week to clean, my diamond stud in my right ear comes out more often to polish. So as anyone can tell I absolutely love piercings and tattoo’s. I highly recommend getting your ears and other body parts pierced.

I’m 60 years old and have 2 in each ear, I love my little hoops I wear daily. I’m contemplating another in each. Nobody even really notices or has said anything about it. Go for it honey, who cares what anyone thinks.

Just got mine pierced at age 63 and love them.  When in drab, most of the time, a little friendly fem reminder.

My wife had her ears pierced when she we both retired at 61 years old. At the same time I had my left ear pierced. A year later I got the right ear done too. No one commented! If they had I would simply have said I did it because I wanted to. Now the holes are healed I can take them out in drab mode if I need to and the holes are barely noticeable. Most of the time I wear a small steel stud 4mm in the right and a small 12mm steel ring in the left. Doesn’t seem too flashy and I love having rings in my ears, can’t explain it but I do.

I was around your age and closet when Mine were pierced. No body has ever said a word about it. Most people don’t notice something that small and I don’t think most care.I have not ever regreted it and love them,

Nancy
      Lady

I’m 52 and haven’t gotten mine pierced yet, but plan to do so sometime in the near future. I’m not out either, but have been pushing my limits quite a bit lately. I think I’m just starting to care less and less about what anybody else thinks of me. It feels good to just be myself, for me, and express myself however I feel like. If you want to get your ears pierced, then do it. If anyone judges you for it, then you will have learned something about their acceptance/open mindedness.

N. Birel

Becka
      Lady

I’ve been thinking about doing this for sometime and like other things related to xdressing I sort of take my time and build up the courage.

Yesterday while out visiting our fav thrift shops my Wife was looking at earrings. I saw a pair that at first thought were clip ons, and told her I really liked them. Turned out they are for pierced ears and I bought them anyway! She asked if I had thought of piercing and I said yes, thinking of doing that soon. She didn’t react one way or the other.

So I may do this soon.

Got mine done in February 2020, when I was 51, have only had 1 negative comment in the 2+ years since, most people have said nothing, and the rest have said nice things, including the lady the other day who admired my earrings and asked where I got them.

I got my left ear pierced in ’77 for my first wedding. Went years with just one until I finally accepted myself. In 2001 I got the other pierced so I could finally wear PAIRS of earrings. I found I could wear different ones in each ear for drab mode and pretty pairs when I dressed. Sweet!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?