Tagged: #tippingpoint #comingout
- December 1, 2020 at 6:24 pm #413099Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 799Has thanked: 3888 timesBeen thanked: 4243 times
Yup it was a phase. Kind of inspired by the post by Rei…. and it happened. It’s over. Phase 1 is finishing. Not having the convenience ( and terror ) of a wife and kids to open up to, I had to reach out a bit. My first born niece, always loved her. Just decided, as a preamble to telling my older brother, to talk to her and just come out and ask what she would think if her uncle was transgender! She , ummm, she loved it!!!! We chatted for half an hour about it, this site, make up, all of it.
It. Was. Amazing!! What the hell was I worried about? I mean, she wanted to see pictures ( I sent her two ) and she loved them and will stand behind me when I tell her dad and mom, and she can’t wait! She even can’t wait to tell her daughter, my adorable 12 year old grand niece. Apparently the young ones are very accepting. I dont expect rejection from my brothers, but I do believe it’ll take more time with them. The end is in sight! Boy do I have an early Christmas present for everyone! Lol. The best part was the end of my conversation with my niece. She just said ” Good night Auntie Stevie, I love you “. That made me cry.
All in all, a very good day.
Total of 50 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- December 3, 2020 at 9:24 pm #413945
- December 3, 2020 at 3:51 pm #413853Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 1071Has thanked: 10066 timesBeen thanked: 3459 times
Hi Stevie so happy we are girlfriends here . What a cute story and so happy for you as such a fun family as yes kids are so forgiving and un judgemental for such a sweet dang i promissed my self i would not do it but cant help myself you are such a sweet aunt and hope everything goes as easy for the rest of your family he he Auntie Stevie sorry couldnt help it big hugs to you .
Stephanie Bass your friend
- December 3, 2020 at 2:53 pm #413826DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 748Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1972 times
What you discovered is that those people who truly care for us and respect us will realize that we do what we do because it is what we need to do. No one with an open mind would want to get between that…
- December 3, 2020 at 7:11 am #413692stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1374Has thanked: 2031 timesBeen thanked: 5905 times
- December 3, 2020 at 10:18 am #413742Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1431Has thanked: 6672 timesBeen thanked: 7932 times
- December 3, 2020 at 7:56 am #413712Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 799Has thanked: 3888 timesBeen thanked: 4243 times
- December 2, 2020 at 3:29 pm #413473Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 853Has thanked: 6702 timesBeen thanked: 3249 times
Congratulations Auntie Stevie, such a beautiful passage to read, wishing you and your family a fantastic Christmas together. Keep safe and enjoy. Hope you ace a real “Hoot” this Christmas. 😉.
Love Amanda xx
- December 2, 2020 at 2:14 pm #413423Rachel McFaddenLadyRegistered On: November 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 111 timesBeen thanked: 368 times
- December 2, 2020 at 1:21 pm #413396
- December 2, 2020 at 1:09 pm #413392Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 221Has thanked: 4323 timesBeen thanked: 1020 times
- December 2, 2020 at 8:44 am #413305
- December 2, 2020 at 8:09 am #413294PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 287Has thanked: 1212 timesBeen thanked: 839 times
- December 2, 2020 at 7:37 am #413290Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 19Replies: 643Has thanked: 2401 timesBeen thanked: 2412 times
- December 2, 2020 at 6:52 am #413275Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3194 times
Auntie Stevie, what fantastic news!
You must be over the moon, floating on Cloud 9!
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘kids these days’
- December 2, 2020 at 6:44 am #413272Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 816Has thanked: 6248 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
That is so awesome Aunt Stevie!! I know exactly how you feel hearing that title for the first time, and it will always feel special every time they say it. Both of my nieces have known Aunt Paula since they were learning to walk and talk, and it never gets old to hear.
Congratulations for taking that huge step out into the world hon.
- December 2, 2020 at 6:35 am #413269Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 25Replies: 4659Has thanked: 7847 timesBeen thanked: 7902 times
Stevie I’m so happy for you. Certainly true the younger ones are the more accepting and they do get comfortable more easier to opening up to changes. Truly a blessing and one I hope in time I could overcome my fears and let my family know about Stephanie too. Beautiful story and thankyou sweetie for sharing it with all of us.
Stephanie 🌹 🌹
- December 2, 2020 at 5:59 am #413253EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 726Has thanked: 3924 timesBeen thanked: 2259 times
Soooooo proud of you for having the courage to do this! I’m glad things turned out so well. I agree, the younger generation seems to be more accepting than our generation. The only people I have actually told other than my wife, are younger ladies. They have all been exceptionally supportive. One even shared some clothes with me. Cheers to a similar outcome when you tell your brother!
- December 2, 2020 at 4:09 am #413223
- December 2, 2020 at 2:28 am #413198SerenBaronessRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 463Has thanked: 3989 timesBeen thanked: 2212 times
- December 2, 2020 at 1:51 am #413193Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5618 timesBeen thanked: 2326 times
- December 2, 2020 at 1:36 am #413191AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 19Replies: 701Has thanked: 8063 timesBeen thanked: 3829 times
- December 2, 2020 at 1:19 am #413185Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 433Has thanked: 1840 timesBeen thanked: 1991 times
I’ve only had the talk with my wife but it was exactly the same as you Steve; What was I worried about? Congratulations on having the courage to get it rolling, and on how it turned.
- December 2, 2020 at 12:33 am #413180SerenBaronessRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 463Has thanked: 3989 timesBeen thanked: 2212 times
- December 2, 2020 at 12:30 am #413179Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1431Has thanked: 6672 timesBeen thanked: 7932 times
Stevie….you do realise what you have done don’t you??…but if you are ok with Auntie Stevie…I surely am!!
What a wonderful early present for you…and I totally understand.
Not having that vital close contact of a supportive S/O, girls like us do have to reach out further…..you have done and I’m so pleased…Auntie Stevie, you are a beautiful star in my eyes.
Love, grace ❤️
- December 2, 2020 at 12:23 am #413178Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3722 times
That’s so lovely, auntie Stevie!
I can’t stop the tears of joy for you
Here’s to a magical Christmas for you and your family!
- December 1, 2020 at 9:09 pm #413151
- December 1, 2020 at 9:04 pm #413148Jessica WildeLadyRegistered On: October 5, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 127Has thanked: 188 timesBeen thanked: 1049 times
The younger people are much more accepting.
I told my younger future sister in law and she was all well ok that explains some things. Unfortunately it was during a fight between her sister (my fiancé) and myself. That part of it totally overshadowed my telling her but she totally didn’t have a problem with it when I told her.
The younger generation is so accepting of everyone and everything that it’s not even funny.
I’m so glad you have someone on your side within your family. All of us need a cheerleader sometimes!
Enjoy and I wish you luck with all the rest of the family!
- December 1, 2020 at 8:46 pm #413143Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 433Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 1967 times
- December 1, 2020 at 8:26 pm #413140Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1148Has thanked: 3136 timesBeen thanked: 2999 times
Awesome, Stevie! Yes younger people are generally so much more accepting, I know my kids are.
I wish you well when you broach the subject with your brother and his wife. It’s possible they might be as surprised you might think, particularly you sister in law might have picked up on certain aspects you which you weren’t aware of.
Please let us know how it goes with the rest of your family!
- December 1, 2020 at 8:12 pm #413135
- December 1, 2020 at 7:25 pm #413120Alisha AlexLadyRegistered On: November 28, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 36Has thanked: 97 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
- December 1, 2020 at 7:01 pm #413115
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.