Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Have any of you ladies ever used an epilator?  If so, what were your results?  Does it work on beards?

Anonymous

Hi Kerri,

Yes I have used an epilator. I have had mixed results to be honest. It works great on my legs, but not as well on my chest. There is no way I would use it on my face. I don’t think that is recommend. I am looking for other hair removal for my chest, but will probably still use it on my legs.

Jessica

I have and still do use an epilator. Works best on arms and legs. I use it on my torso as well. It takes a few uses, but the hair will come back slower and thinner. The thick hairs will come back faster, like chest, pits and pubes. The first time you use it, it can be torture, but worth it. I only have to use it once per week on any given area. I would advise not using it on your face or scrotum. And make sure you make the skin tight with your free hand. Works better and hurts less.

Good luck.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I used one for 2-3 years before getting laser.  Results were mostly good.  I would be hair free for 2-3 weeks.  The biggest downside was ingrown hairs.  Not a lot but still an irritation.  Laser solved that problem.

Don’t use an epilator on your face! Just don’t do it!  You’re risking an injury that will take weeks or months to heal.  And it will hurt like hell.  If you want long term facial hair removal, start with laser.  Then use electrolysis for any hairs that get missed.

/EA

Emily,

If I grew a beard it would be gray.  Does laser work on gray hair?

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

No unfortunately laser doesn’t work on gray or white hair.  It’s also not very effective on blond or red hair.  However, the technology is improving and I’ve read that it may be possible in a few years.  In the meantime electrolysis is your best option.

/EA

I have used mine for 2 years. I love it. Use it on legs, arms, armpits, chest and belly hair. At first it would sting pulling the hairs out, but is very tolerable now. Yes, ingrown hairs are an issue. Exfoliate in the shower with a luffa helps. And moisturize your skin.

I only use one on my legs. After a while, the hairs stop growing back as they are pulled out by the roots…. I now only have to epilate every few weeks.

Using one on the face is not recommended. I bet it’s blddy painful!!!!!!

Gerys

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

I have used an epilator on my stomach and my upper legs , it seems to work pretty well. It’s nice not to have to shave every other day.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I have tried one and all I have to say is – ouch!!!! They may work well for shorter, finer hair but for my hair, it just plain hurt. I tired it a long time ago so maybe they have gotten better.

Yes! It hurts! But for the sake of wearing a dress maybe we have to put up with it ==

Anonymous

Hi Kerry,

Yes, I have used an epilator, but currently not, because I can’t find the charger 😊

It does sting in my experience but the sensation lessens with use. Perhaps it’s just that there’s less hair to snag on subsequent uses. It definitely outlasts a shaving.

Use it on my face ? No way. I seem to remember the instructions advised against it.

eM xxx

I recently started epilating and like the results. I use it on my arms, legs, chest and tummy. There is a little pain with it but it truly gets better over time. I will also say ingrown hairs can occur, but no worse than with waxing. The first time I did my tummy was quite an experience. It was rather painful, but so is waxing. I find especially on my arms that when the hair does grow back it is much finer. I do like the fact that it lasts much longer than shaving.

Love,

Tommie

I’ve tried to use an epilator several times. It’s true that the results are longer lasting than saving, but I find it hurts too much and so I just shave more often to keep my legs hair free and smooth.

Hi Kerri. My arms and hands only. I do it about every 30 days or so. I break out every where else with ingrown hairs. I don’t think there is enough money for me to try it on my face. I so wish I had zero body and facial hair. I would be ok with light, soft hair on my arms though. Maybe one day my wish will come true.

Rose

Oh god, just the idea of running those little wheels over my face fills me with complete and utter fear.

I’ve used it on my chest, legs and arms when shaving in the shower.

I have used one, but not frequently.  As I think about it, I’ve probably not touched it for 6 months or so.  I do find it causes a bit of pain on some areas.  In general, I prefer to shave the areas that need it while I shower.

Rami Love
      Lady

I use an epilator on my legs and with great care around my bikini line and armpits to keep it from grabbing loose skin.

I use an epilator om my legs and stomach every 3- 4 weeks and that’s enough to keep the hair very thin and sparse. I agree tha on the stomach is much more painfull than on the legs.

I have met another crossdresser many years ago who used epilator for facial hair but his skin looked awful with a lot of red bumps, I would never use epilator on my face.

Jaynee Laparte
      Duchess - Annual

I started using one in the late 80’s when the Epilady first came out. The newer ones are much better, using a series of small tweezers that open and close as the roller turns.

I’ve had great results and now have virtually no hair on my legs, arms, chest, stomach, and underarms. For the past 10 years or so, I’ve only used the epilator once a year.

I would never, ever, use it on my face or scrotum. That would definitely be painful.

Hint for first-timers: use a trimmer and get the hair down to a quarter inch or so before epilating  If you use it on longer hair, it grabs and rips out the hair from a larger area, which is more painful.  When I first started, I used the epilator about once a week.  After a couple of years, I only used it every few months. And now, on an annual basis.

I love having smooth skin all the time!  Now if I could just do something about the facial stubble…

I started using an IPL

It’s too painful! lol But that was ages ago. Maybe I want to try again?

Harriette
      Lady

I presume that an epilator yanks out the hair. Ouch!

I have only used an IPL (Intense Pulsating Light). Not a laser and it takes time, but it is effective. I used creams for quick jobs, such as for surgery.

Hi Kerry and hi Ladies

Before starting chemotherapy, I went to the beautician to have total body hair removal….. after the second cycle of chemotherapy (today I’m on the 4th cycle) in addition to the hair, all the hair from the beard down to the feet fell out.
      Then what’s is epilator?

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️💙❤️

Hi,
      I use an epilator from time to time and yes it can be painful, however my hairs do come back lighter and thinner. With regular use you can notice a big difference and of course the finer hair is a lot less painful to pull out. I am currently having my beard removed and that is a bit painful but who said beauty is easy to obtain lol. x

Vimala Suresh
      Duchess

I use epilator and it make the hair thin and it takes some time to reappear. Not used it in the face. Legs are very smooth now.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?