Tagged: 

• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by J J.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I finally got the epilator that I ordered over a month ago. I am excited to use it.  I want to take most of the hair off my forearms.  Since the weather here is warming up, ive got some tops with 3/4 length sleeves to wear and I don’t want to show all that hair.  Do you ladies use an epilator and what is your opinion of it?

I have used an epilady a few times. The results are good but painful.  I have seen other say the pain eases over time. I have not experienced that.

Paula

I don’t use an epilator. I started with shaving when I went out. For over 7 years I have been getting most of my body waxed. Most of the hair now grows back very fine so even if it’s growing back it is hard to see.

Because of a recent surgery I have been unable to get myself fully waxed since March. Most of my hair is not visible. But last week I needed to get myself waxed on the arms and knees, my two problem areas. My knees were almost a forest, and this time it hurt more than usual getting the knees done. My upper arms had only a few stray hairs, but they were long. The top of the forearm has fine hair that wasn’t noticeable. But the back of my forearms (from the elbow to halfway down towards my wrist) is my other problem area. The hairs there were dark and long and needed to be removed badly.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I used an epilator before I got laser.  It was a Braun if memory serves me.  It worked well.  An improvement over shaving.  Results lasted 1-2 weeks.  Laser is a big step up if you can afford it.

/EA

I use an epilator every other time and use nair on opposite times. The epilator is painful and not totally effective, sometimes I have to shave afterwards.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

For me an epilator equals ‘Ouch’.

I use an epilator on my legs, and a small pen like one on my eyebrows. Over time they seriously reduce the amount of hairs. They can be painful, but you soon get used to it.
      I have never used one on my arms.

Cerys.

I use an epilator on my legs, stomach and chest with great results yes at first it’s painful just take your time it definitely gets easier.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I have a Braun Epilator, and love it. At first a little painful, now that there is less regrowth not so. I use on my Legs, Chest, arms, and Underarms. For my arms I make a light pass just enough to reduce hair, leaves just enough so not noticeable.
      Time of some Epilator time Ha HA.
      Lynda

I use an epilator on my legs, back of my hands & fingers. Yeah, it hurt at first, but now pain is just not an issue. My arms are are done differently, I put a guard on my trimmer to reduce the length of the hair, so from a distance of a couple of feet, they look very much hairless. The rest is shaved.

Harriette
      Lady

I don’t use an epilator, I use IPL (intense pulsating light) wands.

It takes a while, so I also shave or use Veet (less stinky), but the hair is definitely smaller.

I use an epilator to remove the hair from my toe’s to my neck. The initial pain lessens over time and now it doesen’t hurt at all. I have also used it on some facial hair but that is a bit painful but lessens after the niitial use. I keep the hair on my forearms short, about 1/8th of an inch. The feeling of nylons on my bare legs is wonderful.😊

Betty,

Yes I agree.  The feeling of sheer nylons on hairless legs  is fabulous.  I think if more men knew what it felt like, many more would wear them. Thanks for your comment.

J J
      Lady

Yes, I do use one, but have gone to waxing my less since I get a better result. Everywhere else is epilated. Yes, it hurts a bit at first, but use and a few tricks helps that over time. The first few times hurts more then others, or if you wait too long between sessions. A little pain med prior helps, as do topical anesthetics. If you have not epilated for awhile (or the first time), move the emulator radially and keep moving to new areas and keep coming back to areas multiple times rather than stay in one area until hairless. Exfoliate regularly to reduces ingrown air. I tried IPL and it did not work for me…too much skin pigment and now, too many great hairs.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?