Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I used to have a Remington epilator, and it did a solid job, but I no longer have it and it’s been a few years since I’ve epilated. What brand/model do you use? I remember somebody on here had epilated their face multiple times, but cannot remember who. Does anybody epilate their face, and if so, how do you go about it to be able to stand the pain?

I tried with a Remington( brand new) but my face is so thick,the hair starts at my eyes and goes south, the pain was terrible. I have ordered a small one, maybe 3/4″ across,for the face and eyebrows, ill keep you posted when it arrives.
      Regine

Anonymous

I bought my epilator on Amazon. It is a Hangsun F270 Lady Epilator with shaving head. I am very happy with it. I do not use it on my face. I usually shave my face 3 times a day with my Norelco rotory.

Kay

I just purchased a Braun Epil 9 online, will let you all know how well it works next week. I am going to test it on my face, as there is a hood attachment that only allows 1 row of tweezers to peek out for sensitive areas.

I was literally just going to suggest that one, it’s the one I’ve been using for 2 years now.
        Not on the face yet though, but everywhere else.
        Just started on the arm hair in the last few weeks, it still hurts like an S.O.B. I can’t even imagine the facial hair.

I’ll let you know, hon! I suspect it will be a few seconds of excruciating pain, followed by my report not to do it, lol. I have epilated every inch of my body before EXCEPT face, throat, and back. And testes skin, which would take insanity to try.

That last part……….yeah, I wouldn’t advise not that I tried (nudge nudge wink wink)

😳🤣

Lol, thats funny, Beth, that’s the first thing I tried, maybe 30 years ago? The SO wanted to see what “it” would be like, hairless, and I said why not? soon discovered why not, lol.
            Regine

LMAO!

I use Veet down there with excellent results, but can’t use it anywhere else because my skin breaks out in acne something awful, but in that one area it works perfectly. Let us all know about the epilator on the face.

I posted last night that I am not going to epilate my face after seeing how much it hurt to do my arms. Still have the torso to go, and that will be bad, but happy with the function of this product.

Anonymous

I have not used an epilator on my face (nor will I) but I did get the crazy idea to tweeze (pluck) my face ONCE and only once. It took me hours and the amount of endless pain is indescribable. I will never attempt something like that again. I will however do electrolysis when this Covid crap is over. I cannot stand having facial hair.

Hugs, MaryAnn

I tried the same but after about a half dozen hairs I called it quits. I can barely handle plucking a few nose hairs! LMAO

If I could afford electrolysis, I’d do it for certain. Even laser. I doubt epilating will agree with my face, pretty much resigned to shaving once or twice daily, and using a bunch of concealer for stubble. Ick.

Anonymous

Beth , perhaps try looking for a beauticians school for cheaper electrolysis , my wife and I did it several years ago with great results , Tiff

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I got sick of epilating and went with laser/IPL. I’m almost completely hair free and it lasts many months.

I still have my Braun Epil. It works great but I wanted a long term solution for hair removal. I’d NEVER consider epilating my face. It would be absolute torture. Around your lips you could do so serious damage.

Laser, IPL, and electrolysis are your best options for long term facial hair removal. They aren’t cheap, but they work.

Yeah, I’m thinking of not epilating my face. Everything I read is that it is bad news. I’d consider IPL for my face, still mostly black hair, few grays. I’ll have to figure out what that would cost. I don’t mind epilating and spot shaving the rest of my body.

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

I bought a Philips Lumea Prestige home IPL. Really happy with the results. It cost about $500 from Current Body in the UK. AFAIK, it’s not sold in the US.

Emily, does that model recognize and eradicate grays as well? I am probably 25% gray these days. Still out of my price range, but going to the salon would be too, and is off limits until COVID is under wraps.

Emily Alt
            Managing Ambassador

Laser and IPL won’t work on light colored hair, including gray. But a 75% reduction is still good! I bought the Philips because it was highest rated on several sites. There’s another Philips model currently on sale at Current Body for $330. Braun is another good brand.

Siobhan
      Lady

I have 2 which I go between : a Braun Silk SE9-961 and a Panasonic ES-ED53

The Braun is much gentler and will run over a nipple for example, and tends to pulls a lot of finer hair out.

The Panasonic is more aggressive, seems to pull more of the thicker hairs, but also catches the skin and should avoid any sensitive area. Plus the cap over the rollers tends to ping off multiple times in a session, which is very frustrating.

I probably only try the Panasonic once a week, but the Braun daily except when I use the Panasonic.

Probably too often, I know, but I am really dysphoric about my body hair.

… and not sure I would use one on my face.

Well, I received my Braun Epil 9 recently. I like it better than the Remington I used to have. It is a bit quieter, has the pivoting head, and a slightly wider damage path. I’ve done my legs twice now, there is always a bunch that are missed or just barely too short the first time. Did my arms tonight…FOCK! That hurt quite a bit, but the first removal is in the books. I still have to do my torso, that is going to hurt even worse. I am not letting that thing near my face. Mm-mm. Battery life has been great, sessions well over an hour and still running strong. I recommend this epilator, it makes ya smooth!

Update: went over legs for the 3rd time since getting the Braun Epil-9. Getting very easy, pain maybe a 2/10. Did arms for 2nd time, pain was about 3/10, still haven’t done shoulder area and where it becomes the chest area. Speaking of, also started doing torso tonight.

I may have gotten 50-60% of the navel hairs, and had to wave the white flag for now. Moved up to chest. Worse. Got about 10% done and said let’s try again tomorrow or the next day. Pain ranging from 6 to 8/10, a couple moments of jarring nausea and moderate sweating. I will get those done, but going to take multiple sessions. I’ll use the cap that only allows one column of tweezers to pull, which will take a long time, but it isn’t like I could go very fast, anyway. I must really want a smooth body to go through this s&@t!!

Siobhan
        Lady

The chest is absolute torture at the start.  Mine was a red bloody mess after my first full go.  However shaving made it into sandpaper the next day, and after a couple of months of epilation it got much softer and is now, 4 months on, so much easier.   Persevere if you can … it really is worth it.

I do not believe epilating the face is in anyway practical. The flexible tissue is more apt to be capture by the rotating tweezers. I believe facial hair are more firmly seated and one again risks have flesh grappled and mangled. Not to mention the days it takes the redness and soreness to diminish. Similarly it is advised to stay clear of varicose veins.

I epilate my torso and arms and shave my legs. I have note that hair growing back after epilating does not grow ‘straight’. That is it tends to not lay in the streamlined version it once had but rather grows helter-skelter and crookedly.

If you are young enough and have the time and money considered electrolysis. I believe light can be used and works best on dark hair. I have read that persons receiving electrolysis can visit a dentist and get the area to be work upon anesthetized before the session begins. Cuts down on the pain.

Araminta.

Araminta, I have already ruled out the face for epilation. The torso is hurting enough, and I did that for a while a few years ago. That first time back is a killer. I can’t justify spending so much on other methods, given my situation, but I’ll play the long game with epilating- however many times I need to start and stop because of the pain, is ok. It will get done and subsequent times won’t be as painful. But, not looking forward to the next time. :/

Anonymous

Ouch !!!! 🤯🤯

Awesome! Thanks a bunch Gen!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?