Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Brandie
      Lady

I am going to Superman celebration this July and im going to dress up as Supergirl and excited excited about doing it. I bought Supergirl panties to wear with the outfit. I picked out a outfit to so I can drive home as enfem shorts, hose,Wonder woman tshirt, and high heel booties. I woke up this morning and thought Im not going to do it I will look stupid A 40yr old man in a dress and make up that wont pass the Hello with it. Ever get in one o those funks or get full of self doubt?

Anonymous

Yes, all the time. It’s called being human we are transgender or crossdressers. That seems to carry a lot of negative emotions. It’s why we go thru purges. Every time that seem to have the self doubt, shame and guilt beat, it comes back. I recently read an article written by transwoman who who had transitioned (surgeries and all) and as far as I am concerned, looked beautiful and completely passable. She wrote how some days that she looks in the mirror and thinks that she is complete fake.

Brandie, be kind to yourself. Give yourself a hug! Don’t let negative voices in your head stop you from what you need to do in life.

Eva

Doubts can be a girl’s worst enemy.  I wish I had a solution, a way to avoid them. But I don’t. If you want it enough, it shouldn’t matter what others think.  And I guarantee you won’t be the ONLY  “man in a dress and make up” there.

Nancy
      Lady

Brandie, I understand self doubt all too well. I’m not sure how to overcome it, other than be confident in who you are. However, in my opinion, it’s cosplay, I think most of the rules go out the window when it comes to cosplay or crossplay. I’m sure you’ll look gorgeous in your Supergirl costume. And I’ll bet people at a Superman event will love it too. And if you get pulled over while en femme on the way to or from the event, tell them that you’re already in costume as Kara (Danvers) Zor-El, and you are going to change into Supergirl at the event! I suspect they either won’t care, or will love the whole thing as well. Have fun!
      Birel

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I think everyone does at times. Lately I’ve been planning my first time out dressed. The other day I went to buy a pair of women’s jeans. I picked a couple pairs up took them into the fitting room  tried them on to decide on the right fit. While I was in there all I could thinking is  “what am I doing?”. I didn’t have an answer other than I really wanted them. At checkout I felt kind of a weird vibe from the cashier. It’s kind of odd for a man to buy a 1 pair of women’s jeans and nothing else I thought. I got in the car and I couldn’t help but think “why am I doing this”. The answer once again was because I wanted them. As I drove home another question entered my head “why was I so hesitant to buy them?”. The answer was fear of being judged. A totally irrational fear but it was fear nonetheless. At the end of the day we only get one shot at enjoying our lives . Why let fear dictate how we live it.

Anonymous

Hi Brandi sounds like all set for this event don’t doubt yourself now. Know there will be plenty of people there imagine dressed same Just go out there have fun.

Vicky

Hi Brandie. Once you have made a decision then just own that decision and go forward. What others feel and say is not really important. Be the best super girl you can be and have fun.

Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

Brandie…

I’m disagreeing with others here, but it is open to all opinions….including mine

I may be an oddity, but I have never doubted grace….she is all I ever wanted to be, and I could not live without her. The longer she is here, the stronger she gets…full stop.

Don’t doubt yourself…go as Supergirl, as Birel said, this is  cosplay…loads of guys dress as girls on these occasions….imagine going and not dressing and regretting it!!!!…if you think Supergirl, you can and will be Supergirl…live the dream….

Just an opinion by grace xxx

Anonymous

Hey, Supergirl, get your cape and your costume on and you go be the best damn Supergirl ever and do us all proud. Maybe replace the big S on your top with a CDH  and you can tell everyone these are the girls I’m being super for tonight. Go have yourself a great time or you will regret it.

Anonymous

[quote quote=483787]I have never doubted grace[/quote]

Grace, can you bottle some of that confidence and sell it? I will be the first customer. You could be rich!

Eva

Anonymous

Everyone (well almost everyone) suffers from self-doubt, it’s part of who we are but don’t let it cripple you Brandie, if you don’t go you will waste too much time afterwards thinking “what if I’d had the nerve?”.

I know you’ve been looking forward to this event for some time and it’s perfect for you -surrounded by lots of people who want to dress up and be someone else for a few hours – you may meet other kindred souls and if you don’t, well too bad, you will have been a woman in public and I’m willing to bet you’ll love it!

Hugs

Diana

And do the drive en femme too – what an opportunity!! I’m so envious!

Anonymous

Hi Brandie I have my wonder woman outfit ready to go don’t turn me down now lets go do it. Maybe can get more to go and can reform  the justice league hehe

Hugs

Donna

Nancy
        Lady

So, just out of curiosity, is the event the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, IL? If so, I’ve actually driven through Metropolis, and stopped for a pic by the Superman statue, but not during their celebration. It would be a bit of a drive from central IA, but I am intrigued…

Birel

Brandie
      Lady

[postquote quote=483995]
      Sounds good, I will be there Saturday July 31 Might be there friday as well don’t know yet.

Anonymous

Great got my ticket already flying as Donna

Brandie
      Lady

[postquote quote=483997]
      Yes thats the place, They have a Superman celebration every year for about 40yrs now. Its a street festival and really fun.

Just do it!!!! Fancy dress parties are what many of us dream of. It’s the perfect excuse…. It’s also a way of letting your friends into your secret slowly. If you keep going to fancy dress parties dressed as a female, the slowly catch on. I’ve just posted a pic in the photos section…. It’s not fancy dress, but as you will see, I don’t pass. I don’t intend to….. Passing is not to be expected at a fancy dress party.
      I’m 53…. Stop being soft. (wo)man up and do it!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?