Viewing 31 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

This was originally a reply I was typing out to the post about random thought which included a short discussion on shaving leg hair.  It got too long, so I thought I’d make it a separate post.

Shaving leg hair:
      Start swimming, biking, or running… or triathlon!  Men who do all these activities often shave their legs.

Running: sweaty leg hair is just like wearing sweater tights.  Gotta get that hair off to stay cool.  Chafing is bad.

Biking: bugs in leg hair sucks.  Hair poking and pulling through lycra sucks.  Then there’s the drag leg hair causes (HA! drag – get it?)

Swimming: leg hair is causes a lot of drag and is uncomfortable in the water.  If you wear a swim brief, bikini bottom, or (like me) a one-piece water polo swimsuit, you MUST shave your legs and do some significant trimming.  70’s all-natural bush and wooly legs is NOT fashionable with a bikini-cut leg line!

The chafing that occurs with any of these activities is also greatly reduced with the absence of hair.

For me, I got into off-road triathlon (XTERRA) many years ago.  Main reasons: I was an excellent mountain biker, I loved swimming, and although I was closer to 300 lbs. than I liked, I enjoyed trail running.  The REAL reason though?  Getting to wear skin-tight lycra trisuits, unbelievably sexy smooth and shiny rubber triathlon wetsuits in public, while being around 300+ athletes with the most amazing bodies you have ever seen wearing the same outfits was a complete no-brainer.

I still love that aspect.  The side effect?  I became a bit of a fitness nut, got healthy, dropped about 100 lbs., and actually completed two half-Ironman races (70.3 mile tri), and my first full Ironman race (140.6 miles). Other side effect: I got to a size and confidence level to start trying to present well enough to dress en femme in public.  I was so amazed at being able to actually pull off “passing” (or at least knowing I looked good enough not to care) in public.  Totally worth it.

By the way, once your wife lays in bed next to you when you have soft, silky, freshly-shaved legs, she will never let you grow your hair again!  Truth!  Runner’s wives talk about it all the time.

.  …Sorry for rambling…

Hi Philma.

I have been thinking of shaving my leg, arms, and everything. I too run, so I guess that gives me a mental excuse. I’ve shaved my chest, stomach, crouch, and ass before, but I always let it grow back.

As a single girl, when I think of meeting guys for real dates, I’m not sure I can do that without shaving, and for some reason it does make me nervous. I guess because it is a big change in appearance for me. Since I am only a part time CD girl. I fear family and friends noticing me  especially as the weather warms up and we start wearing shorts and tshirts. My guy life and my girl life are very compartmentalized and somewhat separate contexts and don’t really cross over. I’m trying to figure out how to balance both without discovery and be fully expressive in both.

-Mona

Krissy
        Lady

I believe its very ” on point” to have very little body hair. I used to say to my girlfriends before I leaped out of the closet that I’m a serious cyclist as they remove leg hair

Anonymous
      Lady

Yes shave that hair if you can and all the excuses you gave are valid.

I started with shaving my legs because the wife liked it and then it progressed to shaving everything ending up with shaving my arms. The wife isn’t too happy with shaving my chest but tolerates it. I love being smooth all over and its worth the work.

Thinking about getting a home laser hair removal thing but not sure if they are effective or not. Anyone use one of these?

Lara Muir
        Baroness - Annual

My wife and I got one about 5 years ago. It was one of the ones that uses a high intensity pulse of light. I used it following the instructions for a year with no results. It does mention in those instructions that it doesn’t always work well if you have a lighter hair color. I haven’t tried anything newer yet.

I also just got a rough idea of the cost of professional laser treatments. $$$ Looks like I’m sticking with the shaving for a while.

Lara

This is a wonderful idea. I’ve been struggling with weight loss for a while. This is probably the best excuse so far for getting it going.
      My knees can’t really handle outdoor running. But there are other activities I can get into that would be a great excuse for shaving.
      I did shave fairly often last summer and fall, though. And nobody seemed to notice or care.

I’ve been doing triathlons for over 15 years and it really is a great excuse to have shaven legs. Sometimes I’ll just use the hair trimmer and leave barely an eighth of an inch of hair on. Still looks and feels a lot better than regular joe hairy legs. Triathlon and biking also gives the chance to wear women’s clothes. My tri shorts, biking shorts, running tights and other spandex is all womens. No one notices or cares, we’re all wearing the same things. Gotta love it!

I just got a women’s one-piece cycle suit, and a matching set of women’s bike shorts & jersey.  Cycle suit is just black, but the cycle kit is pink & white and very girly.  The pink kit is for any chance I might get to register for a mtb race or event en femme.  Cycle suit is for wearing in drab.  I got it because the legs are shorter but otherwise looks exactly like the mens version (fabric maybe a bit more shiny).  Figured it would help keep my tan line higher.

Krissy
      Lady

I’ve always seen body hair as a dirty thing, I’ve always removed mine since I was around 14years old as I didn’t like it and felt dirty. So since then I’ve been a bit of a smoothie 😋 and I wouldn’t have it any other way as I really love looking as femme as I can be, which apart from one thing I’m around 90% femme just need that removed and ill be very happy then. I was never very comfortable in the male world as I just don’t like the way some men are, yes I know some women can be like horrid but I prefer living in the female world and always have as I actively sought the company of women to help me adapt to being a female and plus they have helped me blend in and tone down my look and make up as I used to trowel it on at one point but been told a tip is less is more and have been given great advice by my bio female friends who have been clothes shopping with me and said like ” hey krissy this will look lovely on you go try it on” it’s great to be accepted by bio females too. Im part of the group which gives me a rush to know im seen as a woman 99% of the time, you do always get that one idiot that says ” oh it’s a man in a dress” but thankfully they are few and far between these days. X

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I run a lot now (got to watch my figure). I am considering going to biking ( street for every day exercise and trail to go out in the desert). So thanks for the tips.

Hugs, Liara

Ashley
      Lady

“I don’t like body hair. It’s course and rough and irritating and it gets in my shower drain.”

That’s what I have ready if anyone ever points out my smooth arms and legs… but I’ve been shaving my legs for years and my arms for a few months, and so far not one word from anyone!

Do any of you gals have suggestions on the best way to shave your “can’t reach area” (aka the back 🙂) I am single and live by myself. I think I am ready to shave, but fear it would look and feel odd if my back is the only place on my body that still has hair. I’m on tight, tight budget, and super new, so I am not sure I have the confidence or ability to go out somewhere and pay to have it done. I guess the obvious answer is to find a friend to help, but no one knows this side of my life.

I don’t suppose there is some reasonably priced gizmo out there that would allow you to shave your back?

-Mona

I have seen several different models on Amazon but I don’t know how well they work. I often do a google search for reviews on this type of thing, you would be surprised how many results you may get. I’m lucky that I’m naturally non-hairy and haven’t needed this. Let us know if you find something.

Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

Yes, because I run and at may age anything I can do to be faster I’m going to do.  Oh, and the ankle bracelet, my sister found it in some of my deceased mom’s old stuff and sent it to me.  It makes me feel close to her.

Toodles!

Very sweet sentiment about your Mom’s bracelet Twilla.  I have a pair of my late mother’s clip-on earrings that I’ve worn often while dressing for the same reason. Alas. I’m getting my ears pierced next week so they may mostly be consigned back to the jewelry box in the future but I still will cherish them. Hugs,

*** Kayla ***

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I had shaved my chest area for years, cos the “boss” did not like it poking out of my t shirts.

But mid  2021 I decided that with the Australian winter approaching, I’d shave the lot…

Why?? Cos I’d read all the posts about how amazing  a hairless “bod” feels when pulling on stockings or dropping a silk nighgown or cami over your head.

I just told “She who must be obeyed” I was sick of the hair and it was coming off. She has all last winter to get used it and has never said a word.

My only “Whinge” (Aussie slang, means complain, rhymes with “cringe”) is its a once a week job for the full shave. I’d get into strife if I did it at home, luckily I have a storage locker with power, so I boil an electric jug, put  the hot water in some cut down plastic milk bottles and “Away I go” with  the shave

Tried the hair removal creams, effective, but messy, far more time consuming and only last as long as the shave..

Happy dressing

Caty

Happy dressing

Caty

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I was 17, I had made the decision to go out dressed. I decided I was going to dress and try to look like Daisy Duke. I wanted the hair, that body and those amazing legs in pantyhose and heels. My girlfriend had told me before that my legs in pantyhose looked strange with hair crushed underneath. If I was gong to go out trying to look like Daisy, the leg hair would have to go.

I managed to shave my legs in a bath. It took a while, and I cut myself in a few places. When I got out of the bath, my legs looked odd with no hair on them. When i dried off and put on pantyhose, I was blown away. My legs looked and felt so amazing, like girl’s legs. I was thrilled. I loved slipping into my pantyhose and heels and admiring my legs. It was such an incredible feeling and experience.

It took a while, and a lot of courage building before I finally made it out. My legs looked amazing in my short shorts, pantyhose and heels. When the sunlight hit them and they shined, it was such an amazing feeling. Getting out of the car and walking around, with my legs gleaming in the sun, the sensation of walking in the heels, the pantyhose, gently caressing my legs, my pretty hair caressing my face and neck. It was the most amazing and thrilling thing I had ever experienced.

I began going out as often as I could and when courage permitted. I got a bit bolder each time. I loved the feeling and experience of being a girl and showing off my legs in pantyhose.

Since that first time shaving my legs, I haven’t had hair in the since.

Nothing beats the feeling of freshly shaven legs in quality, silky pantyhose.  I always put a pair on right after a shave, even if only for a short while.

Jennie Heels
        Duchess - Annual

Everyone has their own preference .I shave my legs and underarms every day .And moisturize

Cece X
      Lady

Nope, I really like my body and facial hair, and I have a fair amount of both. Since no one ever sees me , I have no problem being the “bearded lady” at home.

Truthfully, I don’t think it’s as big a deal as some worry. I have 3 straight sons ranging from 16 to 26 and all of them and their friends are perfectly at home going smooth at anytime on any body area. I was worried at first as well, but nobody even cared, it’s almost normal now in todays culture. Same with coming out, the younger generation is so much more adjusted to this thing, my kids didn’t even blink, were 100% ok with it. So just say you’re trying out what the younger kids are doing.

Martina Klarc
      Duchess

I used to shave my legs in the winter & let it grow back in the summer but now that I am somewhat older I shave all over all the time. I stay pretty well covered while in “drab” & have not had any comments yet. One nice thing being older has done for me is give me the strength to finally be my true self more and more and not worry so much about what others might think or say. I don’t like body hair & frequently wear pantyhose and panties under my drab clothes to “keep in touch”.

Cece X
      Lady

Nope, no shaving, trimming or other hair removal for me. I am happy for the many readers who have expressed the opposite desire in this thread, but hair removal of any kind is not for me.
      My masculine side is the dominant aspect of my everyday life, so I am very pleased with my body and facial hair, and I have a fair amount of both. Since no one ever sees me dressed, I have no problem being the “bearded lady” while at home alone. I imagine stockings on bare legs would feel wonderful, but I will forego the experience.
      Perhaps having a hairy body affirms my masculinity, and perhaps I need that, I do not know.

Krissy
      Lady

Body hair is for men and as we ain’t men anymore it has to be removed as soon as appears, I see it like a ongoing war! I eliminate it and it comes back although there are many places that I’ve stopped it in its tracks, as I like to wear tight jeans it would seen that the rubbing of the jeans against my legs has stopped it growing. I usually get waxed around every 8weeks or whenever I can afford as its pricey and other times it’s removed with a quality ladyshaver that trims it back and makes Me feel a little bit more femme. Will glad when it’s not a concern and can worry about other things like ” does my bum look big in my new dress” hugs sisters xx

Becka
      Lady

I don’t do many of those things, but shave anyway. I love having smooth legs!

Anonymous

Hi.  Many years ago I epilated my leg hair so much that now I don’t have any leg hair left.  I can’t remember the last time I had anyone ask why I don’t have any hair on my legs.   If someone asks now, I’m telling them I just don’t like hairy legs. J

As a younger adult I was a big runner and bicyclist but still was reluctant to shave my legs in the summer. Last year was my turning point, I shaved my legs in the spring and have never looked back. I’m out bare in all modes and I’ve never had a single comment or sideways look about it.  Seems silly to me now about how concerned I was in the past and how much pleasure I missed out on. 🙂

*** Kayla ***

Have been shaving my body forever and never a problem from anyone. Once you experience a totally shaven body you will be hooked . You will enjoy using body lotions and scented creams that feel divine and the feeling of clothing and hose afterwards. It has always made me feel and act girlie too

Ok Ladies, I will join in.  I never shave my legs because for most of my life I had almost no body hair except for on my head.  I have found at most 2 hairs (yes, two individual fine hairs) on my legs each year which I usually just pluck.  I have been this way since I was about 16.  This is one of the personal joys (or curses) of my Intersex condition.  When I was a child, all I ever wanted to be was like my big All-City sports hero dad but somehow I got my mom’s genes and her body hair pattern.  I do find that I have to lotion my legs to prevent dry skin and chaffing.  I work in summer as a part-time lumberjack.  I usually wear tights or pantyhose each day to provide some measure of protection to my soft leg skin and to support my circulation due to an old industrial accident (I broke my femoral artery).  So, in some circles I might be considered quite unmanly but here I seem to fit in better.

Safe Journey,  Marg

Anonymous

Being akin to Chewbacca, is my curse for loving my feminine mind and style.

It takes alot of effort to time to remain smooth and by the end of a day its usually making its way back.

I haven’t shaved my arms smooth in awhile,  but I believe I may do so again,  or at least trim them smooth.  I have been hairy and I have been smooth amongst friends and family in shorts or at work with coveralls on and no one has ever made mention of the lack of hair.  I have had comments of the actual hair when I have not shaved my chest in awhile.

At this point,  laser isn’t in my budget and for now I will keep smooth.

Christa
      Lady

I shave all the time. I am a cyclist, so i can use that for an excuse! There is no real benafit to shaved legs on a bike. Its a urban ledgend..not going to get you any more MPH! But…damn…my chisled cycling legs look really good shaved! Thats the main reason most of us do it.

But shaved legs slipping into nice cozy womens jeans are definatly the best!

There is a benefit to smooth legs as a cyclist, although nothing aerodynamic. As a cyclist and long distance inline skater I know about the abrasions a fall can yield. They’re a lot easier to clean and treat (especially alongside the road or trail) without having to deal with leg hair.

Besides, the feel of the wind on smooth legs … phenomenal!

When I was a teenager I had a cyst on my leg.  It was close to the bone so the doctor wanted to do it in a hospital (this was the days before surgicenters).  Even though the cyst was mid calf in the front, they shaved up probably to mid thigh all the way around.  I loved the feeling of the smooth leg on the sheets for a while.

Many years later, I would wear pantyhose and loved the silky feeling on my legs.  When I first went for a makeover and an outing, at age 52, was when I started shaving my legs, and a bit on the hands and wrists (I wore long sleeves) and mid chest.  A year later I was in a show so I got my legs waxed.

My friend was throwing a big party in October 2015, and I wanted to be smooth and not have any razor cuts.  I went to a different place to get waxed where they use hard wax and it was a lot better.  I have to wear boxer briefs, but I get waxed everywhere else except my armpits.  My lower calves stopped growing hair, but I was fairly hairy otherwise.  I don’t get my armpits waxed because when they start to smell, I have to shave them or I can’t get rid of the smell.  I shave under the boxer briefs, or occasionally use a depilatory cream.

After getting myself waxed, the next day I had to bare an arm to don a religious ritual item.  I thought people would say something about my hairless arm, but no one said anything.  The day after that I was in a gym class at work wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts.  Again no one said anything about my sudden state of hairlessness.

I have been waxing ever since then.  The hair on my body has become finer and lighter, with only a few problem areas (knees and the back of the forearms).  Other areas have only fine hairs even weeks after waxing.  Now my normal state is being hairless, and no one has ever commented.  Well, except for the people doing the waxing, they did wonder why I did my legs, and I told them (I’ve had 3 ladies over the years) that I crossdress, and they have been accepting.

Anonymous

I epilate most of my body and use a product called “Don’t Grow There.” I have been doing this for so long, I hardly get any hair growing back on my legs. I wear long pants around certain family members who don’t know about my gender feelings and wouldn’t approve. Otherwise during the summer, I will wear shorts in public. No one has ever said anything to me.

Evan Nine
      Duchess

I can’t wait to shave it all off, everywhere. I workout a lot, trying to get my girlish shape on.  Thank you so much for the tips on how to explain, love it.

There’s no time like the present to start doing what you really want to do…. go for it!

*** Kayla ***

Evan Nine
          Duchess

I did it.  So happy!!! 🥰

There, that wasn’t so hard now was it? You’ll love it so much you’ll never go back, trust me. 😄👍❤️

*** Kayla ***

PS – Evan, don’t forget to start an exfoliating and moisturizing regimine on those now smooth legs of yours, that’ll make ‘em look simply divine. ❤️👠

*** Kayla ***

I shave my legs because I wear pantyhose everyday and I don’t want to look hairy.  My wife would also not be pleased to see hairy legs under my hose.  I wax above the waistline, use depilatory cream in the nether regions, but I shave my legs every 3rd day with a Venus razor and Skintimates cream.  If I waxed them I would have to wait too long before another wax and the hair would grow back too much.  I like the act of shaving and the feeling of freshly shaved legs when I put on a nightgown or when dressing in pantyhose and a dress.  I fee like it’s what a lady should do.
      In public, my legs are covered for most of the year, and even in mid summer, no one really cares today.  I’ve never had an issue.

Pumped
      Lady

An excuse? Because I want too?

I have been shaving my legs all year round for 3-4 years and wear shorts in the summer often. I suntan some, or use tanning lotion to get away from the pasty white look. I also slather on the hand lotion to keep my legs looking as nice as thy can. So imagine a nice tanned pair of leggs, freshly shaved with a bit of sheen from hand lotion. They get pretty obvious. Not one person, other than my wife has mentioned anything. They have probably noticed. The only comment my wife makes it “nice legs”! My legs are thin, but fairly muscular so the muscles “pop” when I walk.

I am waiting for someone to say something, and I will respond with, “because I like them this way!”

Anonymous

I have been shaving my entire body for years, and you are correct my loves me smooth, she is the one who said a few years ago as summer was approaching “please don’t grow it back for the summer” didn’t have to ask twice. The only area I struggled with was my butt, so I finally said about 6 months screw I am going to get it waxed. Was painful at all (i do have a really high pain tolerance, I have never had Novi cane for a filling). Now I have a standard wax appointment every 5 weeks. Someone mentioned that shaving your armpits they couldn’t cover up the smell. I was the same way but tried my wife’s deodorant Secret no fragrance and it is the best no sweat or smell.

There is nothing better than lying in bed and rubbing your smooth legs against your wife’s smooths legs.

Anonymous

I also swim but thats not why I shave, I like the look, and the feel of my satin clothes against my bare skin

I’ve been body shaving completely for about 10 years. I always hated having too much hair on my chest and legs. Trimming was OK for a while but I gave up and shaved totally smooth from the neck down.  It’s no problem to maintain with a daily touch-up in the shower. Being nice and smooth is now second nature and feels so nice in pantyhose and tights.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?