Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 45
      Replies: 1261

I notice there are a lot of pluckers answering this post which reminds me of a funny story. Maybe 20 years or so ago I was talking to a woman and mentioned that I had just plucked my eyebrows. “Oh no no no” she said.” You tweeze your brows. You pluck a chicken.”

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 45
      Replies: 1261

I’ve had thin brows for years and no one has ever said anything.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Trish White
      Lady
      Registered On: December 2, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 47

Hi Dana,

Honestly I pluck my eyebrows all the time. When I do they have a nice feminine arch to them and fairly narrow at the ends. I leave some long eyebrow hairs in my eyebrows so when I’m not enfemme I can brush them down so they don’t look as feminine. It seems to work, I’ve never had anyone comment on them anyways.

Cheers,

Trish

Laura Lovett
      Lady
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Topics: 37
      Replies: 1565

Currently my wife plucks mine on a regular basis…

Maybe I should pay more attention to that area of grooming, hehe!!!

Sounds a good idea!

Love Laura

Chloé Rian
      Lady
      Registered On: September 4, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 73

I’ve kept my brows tamed for several years now, trimming them back once a week so they don’t get bushy. More recently, as I’ve dressed more often, I’ve started to gradually shape them.

Couple weeks ago my partner commented that they looked particularly good when I was all dolled up.

-Chloé

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Abbie Normal
      Duchess
      Registered On: June 13, 2021
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 661

I’ve done some brow work, started by separating them (followed a YouTube video for what to line with what), then trimmed them so I didn’t have any long stragglers, then started to clear out all the outliers that were everywhere near the brow. You can do all this without anyone noticing, in my case I think I even looked a bit younger. Then I started shaping a very subtle arch but just enough that no one will really notice. When I use an eyebrow liner on it though it pops nicely. I could do a lot more, but I’m still trying to play both sides of the gender line.

Good luck! Don’t slip when you’re trimming though or you’ll definitely look like you did something…

— Abbie 🥰

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Charlotte Wingham
      Lady
      Registered On: March 28, 2021
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 5

Oh I totally shape and fill my brows. I also work entirely with women and no one has ever said a word. I’m not the most masculine of men to start with which in all liklihood plays into my hands, but even so I would say you should consider your own environment before jumping in.

Xxx

Terri Anne Greene
        Lady
        Registered On: November 29, 2021
        Replies: 11

Wish  I had brows I could actually do something with.

Charlotte Wingham
          Lady
          Registered On: March 28, 2021
          Replies: 5

Best bit of advice I could give you is to first just trim them. It will make them look a lot neater and you’ll also be able to better see the shape of your brow and brow bone. Then using a pencil measure from the side of you nose up amd that is where your brow should start. Then usong the same pencil point it a a n angle until it is in line with your pupil and that is where your arch should be. Using the pencil once again mpve it until it is in line with the corners of your eye he as that is where the point should be.

Hope that helps. Im not great as describing this but I’d say it’s better than no attempt at all.

Xxx

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 49
      Replies: 1381

I pluck my own, they’re rather femmy, and I’m sure it’s noticeable, but nobody at work has said a thing about it.

Bridgette

Michelle Brown
      Registered On: August 23, 2015
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 165

Dana,I have a standing appointment at the beauty salon every two weeks to have my brows waxed.The very nice young lady that does the waxing knows about Michelle and there is no problem with anybody at the salon.I have been asked why I ,as a male,was in a salon and I told this customer “I am a crossdresser and I want to present a female appearence”After the initial shock this customer had a few questions which I answered honestly and in a few moments its as if we were lifelong friends.No problems at all.Dana,find which salon you want to use,do your research,and you will probably be very surprised.If you are turned a3way,thank them for their time and find another salon.People are very busy now and hardly pay attention to anything other than their life.Have fun with it because beauty salons are a wealth of information about becoming the lady you wish to be.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: September 1, 2021
      Replies: 67

I am a lucky one, my wife plucks and trims my brows and any stray hairs. After which I use light blond brow gel shapes and colors the gray. A little mascara and brow gel every day, no one notices.

Gabriela Romani
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 11, 2021
      Topics: 616
      Replies: 287

Start tweezing little by little. Then trim the length. Thankfully the thin arched brows are not “in” and fuller brows rule.
      Doing it slowly (months, not days) will make it highly unlikely for people to notice. Then if they notice, is is also unlikely they will comment on it. And even if they comment, not their face!

Pamela Martain
      Lady
      Registered On: November 12, 2021
      Replies: 6

I trim and pluck, in fact thats what about to do know.

Felicia Mars
      Lady
      Registered On: May 2, 2020
      Replies: 44

Hi Dana,

I definitely pluck and shape when needed and try not to overdo it but I have I really scaled them back more than once and I have to say I don’t think anyone notices. I think the only way someone would notice is if you have makeup/powder on.

Speaking of which I bought the Aesthetica Brow Contour Kit recently and was finally able to use it.

OMG!

My eyebrows immediately looked like they had been done by a professional. Highly recommend. I will say although I tried the powders that came with it that by far the best results were when I used my Anastasia Dip Brow pomade. Totally changed my life.

Enjoy!
      FM

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Connie Twirl
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2021
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 591

I pull the white ones, and the big thick “spiders legs”.  I haven’t tried shaping yet.

Connie

xxx

Felicia Mars
        Lady
        Registered On: May 2, 2020
        Replies: 44

meant to reply to the OP

Regine Kelly
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 44
      Replies: 1470

Hi Dana.
      I have my brows plucked and arched.
      I started out with wooly caterpillars above my eyes, my wife took over for me and first did a massive trim, then slowly, over the course of a few months, has shaped and trimmed the, once a week, until I have quite lovely brows(in my opinion and hers),and no one has ever said a thing, even if they have noticed.
      It is an outward manifestation of my inner girl, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

Diane Rakers
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 871

Hi Dana,

You said it best. Brow trimming – “a little”. Go to a salon and say “a little”.

Start there and then see what happens.

I see you’re a So Cal girl. After a bit you’ll be an LA women with arched brows to die for.

Damn it girl, just do it!

With friendship and jealousy,

Diane

Emily Alt
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 675

Yeah you’re being silly.  I go to a waxing salon every 3 weeks for a shaping.  Somewhat androgynous.  The only person that notices is me….and my makeup artist.

Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 2782

Hi Dana nice meetimg you and yes as other girls here a little at a time i keep them trimed and pluck a few every other week till they are looking pretty good ..

Stephanie

Catherine Dickson
      Lady
      Registered On: January 22, 2020
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 86

I’ve been wondering about this topic as well. I have tried plucking a little bit, but I’m scared to overdo it. I’ve heard that eyebrows take a long time to grow back, if ever. I know there are a lot of GGs who overdo it and they end up with no eyebrows at all and have to draw them on. I also am not entirely sure of exactly where to pluck. I get the idea that female brows have an arch, where male brows are a straight line, but I’m not sure just how to create that arch and whether it will look strange in male mode.

I may try getting a pro to do it. Newb question here: what exactly is threading and why would I want it?

Hugs,
      Catherine

Carolyne Sherman
        Duchess
        Registered On: February 20, 2018
        Topics: 10
        Replies: 546

Catherine threading is a way to “pluck” your brows with a couple of “strings”. They roll them over the hairs where they twist together and pull the offending furries. It is another way of plucking them. Make sure the technician knows what they are doing and what results you are wanting as it does take a bit to grow back and can be a little sensitive. Best of luck.
        🍷C

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 14, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 969

You’re not being silly at all. I’ve been thinning (plucking) mine out a little at a time for several months now and so far no one, including my wife, has said anything. They are getting to be on the feminine side.

Hugs, Liara

Rusty Zimmer
      Lady
      Registered On: April 20, 2021
      Replies: 13

Hi Dana,

I’ve gradually improved brows and other hairlines. I’ve found, if you gradually make changes people get used to it and think that “you’ve always looked that way”.

I started shaping first, without trimming, that set the underlying shape first, the length hiding the changes to the shape. I found that for me, it is more important that I know, rather than acceptance from others.

Tessa T Kool
      Lady
      Registered On: February 13, 2018
      Replies: 18

I have been plucking the white ones for some time then thinning with one of those $10 brow trimmers. I use the higher of the two settings. The lower setting just looks too low for being in drab.  Once every 10 days keeps them from looking like a Russian General. Also do nostrils and ears at the same time. Hairs come out of more places and get thicker as we age. Accept on the head.

Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)
      Lady
      Registered On: July 27, 2016
      Replies: 360

I pluck and shape slowly.  I am not out  of the closet wife knows but has not commented about my eye brow though she likes them to look nice and trimmed.  I have started to arch them a little just removing some of the lower hairs and the barber uses a trimmer to keep them short.  No problems yet.

Gracie
      Registered On: November 17, 2017

Im an outward male myself Nd i thread my eyebrows monthly. It doesn’t last as lo g as waxing but in my opinion it helps to keep them a littls more full and natural looking while still cleaning them up. Hope this helps

Grace

MacKenzie Alexandra
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 20, 2016
      Topics: 43
      Replies: 615

I have my stylist trim and groom my eyebrows toward a balance between a masculine and feminine line.  They are on the thin side for a man, but on the thicker side for a woman.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Gracie
        Registered On: November 17, 2017

I do the same when i get threaded

Dana
        Registered On: February 7, 2018
        Topics: 29
        Replies: 156

I love that idea. I hope I can find someone who knows where to draw the line. How did you explain what you wanted?

Roberta Broussard
          Baroness
          Registered On: July 20, 2020
          Topics: 5
          Replies: 204

I’ve always had my barber trim the length of my brows, just to keep them from getting too bushy. I tried the plucking on my own but just didnt think i was doing it right. A couple of months ago i made an appointment at Ults to go get them shaped a liitle and cleaned up. Told the girl i wanted them to look a little more feminine but not too much so as to be noticed. She convinced me that she could do a better job if i let her wax them. So about a month later i did.

A little at a time and no one notices. Not even my daughters, who seem to notice everything. I intend to keep going , gradually having them shaped the way they should be.

MacKenzie Alexandra
          Ambassador
          Registered On: May 20, 2016
          Topics: 43
          Replies: 615

It was a slow process. I just asking my stylist to groom my eyebrows thinner each time that I went for a haircut until I reached the desired style.  I typically get a haircut bimonthly.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 912

Very gradually trying to pluck, shape and trim a few hairs every week. Almost disappointed nobody has noticed😂

Anonymous
      Replies: 0

I’ve plucked with no issues, but I didn’t go crazy with it.

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account