- November 21, 2020 at 2:00 pm #409170Michelle LastParticipantRegistered On: August 14, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 25Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 262 times
I need advice on eyeliners. I’ve tried pencils and I have difficulty getting the liner to come off on my lid. I’ve tried a liquid eye liner and just made a mess. I got way more on my lid than I wanted. Any suggestions?
- November 22, 2020 at 6:17 am #409346Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 263Has thanked: 170 timesBeen thanked: 977 times
I’ve used pencil, liquid, ones where you apply with a little brush, and mechanical pencil.
My top fave is the mechanical pencil. For some reason I find they apply easier and smoother, and you don’t have to sharpen it. Next is the ones that comes with a little brush, I use the straight edge of the brush (like a knife edge) to apply a thin line.
Apply the eyeliner straight on, and it helps if you have a magnifying make up mirror.
Like others have said, practice practice and more practice. I’m far from perfect, but comparing to when I first started to now, it is way better. And it does take a steady hand.
- November 21, 2020 at 8:09 pm #409267Rei DurdenParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 482Has thanked: 3134 timesBeen thanked: 1789 times
My advice? Practice practice practice and keep practicing.
………and I’m being intentionally simplistic. Doing the work is the only thing that will ever deliver the best results, and this advice is so awesome it applies to most everything in life.
that being said, I’m over here waiting for someone to drop a REAL bomb and save me the hassle (challenge) of another eye make up disaster! Lol
- November 21, 2020 at 7:37 pm #409259Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1074Has thanked: 2795 timesBeen thanked: 2597 times
I’ve quite a few eyeliner pencils, and the one I like the best is a fine point liquid Stille I think the name is, the other liquid I’ve bought has a narrow to wide tip which I find awkward to use, it always seems to be too wide for my taste.
One of the issues I have is my skin is much looser than if I was a few decades younger, so it is very difficult to get a nice smooth line. However practice does help quite a lot!
- November 21, 2020 at 6:58 pm #409242Robyn DevineParticipantRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 313Has thanked: 804 timesBeen thanked: 1228 times
I’m new with the makeup, but I use both. I use a liquid brush/pen for the top lid when you want to do “cat eye” thing. Pencil for me works better for the bottom lid when your outlining close to your waterline. Dont have it down pat yet, so I’ll be reading for tips right along with you.
xo – Robyn 😉
- November 21, 2020 at 4:51 pm #409215Peggy Sue WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 216Has thanked: 811 timesBeen thanked: 870 times
I use Maybelline gel eye-liner. However, it tends to line your eyes somewhat on the heavy side, but that is what I prefer. It is easily removed, using cotton balls and oil-free eye-make up remover. I use black eye-liner. However, I believe it comes in other colors.
My eye make up preferences were influenced early on in life as a young CD, when I emulated pretty celebrity ladies like Priscilla Presley, Natalie Wood, and Annette Funicello. I loved everything about these ladies, their beauty, their clothes, their make up, their style, etc.
- November 21, 2020 at 4:35 pm #409207Edie MajeskiParticipantRegistered On: April 7, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 197Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 433 times
- November 21, 2020 at 3:21 pm #409181Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 554Has thanked: 5612 timesBeen thanked: 2941 times
I use the marker kind. But I keep my eye closed for a bit so it drys. If you are afraid it won’t come off, don’t use waterproof eyeliner. I also use Estee Lauder Gentle Eye makeup remover to take it off.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.