Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I need advice on eyeliners. I’ve tried pencils and I have difficulty getting the liner to come off on my lid. I’ve tried a liquid eye liner and just made a mess. I got way more on my lid than I wanted. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

I use the marker kind. But I keep my eye closed for a bit so it drys. If you are afraid it won’t come off, don’t use waterproof eyeliner. I also use Estee Lauder Gentle Eye makeup remover to take it off.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

I use a liquid eyeliner. When I apply it, I rest my hand on my cheek to steady my hand.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I use Maybelline gel eye-liner.  However, it tends to line your eyes somewhat on the heavy side, but that is what I prefer.  It is easily removed, using cotton balls and oil-free eye-make up remover.  I use black eye-liner.  However, I believe it comes in other colors.

My eye make up preferences were influenced early on in life as a young CD, when I emulated pretty celebrity ladies like Priscilla Presley, Natalie Wood, and Annette Funicello.  I loved everything about these ladies, their beauty, their clothes, their make up, their style, etc.

Michelle

I’m new with the makeup, but I use both.  I use a liquid brush/pen for the top lid when you want to do “cat eye” thing.  Pencil for me works better for the bottom lid when your outlining close to your waterline.  Dont have it down pat yet, so I’ll be reading for tips right along with you.

xo – Robyn 😉

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’ve quite a few eyeliner pencils, and the one I like the best is a fine point liquid Stille I think the name is, the other liquid I’ve bought has a narrow to wide tip which I find awkward to use, it always seems to be too wide for my taste.

One of the issues I have is my skin is much looser than if I was a few decades younger, so it is very difficult to get a nice smooth line. However practice does help quite a lot!

Amy

My advice? Practice practice practice and keep practicing.

………and I’m being intentionally simplistic. Doing the work is the only thing that will ever deliver the best results, and this advice is so awesome it applies to most everything in life.

that being said, I’m over here waiting for someone to drop a REAL bomb and save me the hassle (challenge) of another eye make up disaster! Lol

I’ve used pencil, liquid, ones where you apply with a little brush, and mechanical pencil.

My top fave is the mechanical pencil.  For some reason I find they apply easier and smoother, and you don’t have to sharpen it.  Next is the ones that comes with a little brush, I use the straight edge of the brush (like a knife edge) to apply a thin line.

Apply the eyeliner straight on, and it helps if you have a magnifying make up mirror.

Like others have said, practice practice and more practice.  I’m far from perfect, but comparing to when I first started to now,  it is way better.  And it does take a steady hand.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?