- March 26, 2021 at 3:05 pm #469575Effie FulkParticipantRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 552Has thanked: 1145 timesBeen thanked: 1783 times
🌸 hi ladies! 🦋☀️ I have only used black eyeliner, but the pack I bought has various colors… 🧚♀️.. I googled pictures of different color eyeliner in use…..but, do any of you ladies dare to go different with the color? 🌺🌻🧚♀️🌸
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- March 29, 2021 at 6:33 pm #470950Erica Jo DownsLadyRegistered On: March 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 38Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 99 times
- March 29, 2021 at 6:38 pm #470955
- March 29, 2021 at 6:13 pm #470938Denise DouglasDuchessRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 87Has thanked: 367 timesBeen thanked: 259 times
I have picked up some great ideas with this post. Thanks Effie! I have been using basic black. I have been using liquid eyeliner which is much easier for me to apply. I will definitely try some other colors now!
- March 29, 2021 at 6:40 pm #470956
- March 29, 2021 at 5:59 pm #470928Stephanie ScottLadyRegistered On: February 8, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 246Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1299 times
On my very last outing ever as Stephie in 2009, I stopped at a mall in Atlanta and a very nice lady at Sephora helped me with my makeup and did much of it. I have blue eyes (although sadly a Cro Magnon brow that hides them), and she used purple eyeliner on me. I was amazed. Had never even considered another color than black. My eyes popped a lot more.
Sadly, I never got to experiment after that… 😢
- March 29, 2021 at 5:35 pm #470913Robyn DrakeDuchessRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 320Has thanked: 392 timesBeen thanked: 848 times
Yes, my two fav non black colors are pewter and turquoise. Also, if you want to get really creative you can think about using two colors at the same time.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Robyn Drake.
- March 29, 2021 at 5:29 am #470627Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 416Has thanked: 334 timesBeen thanked: 1770 times
I too bought a pack of various colour eye liners, like green, copper, silver, … but the one colour i keep going back to is black.
The other colours that I sometimes use is brown and maybe blue. Purple is one I kinda stay away from as it looks like someone gave me a black eye and now my eye is bruised.
- March 29, 2021 at 5:15 am #470624Rachel HayesLadyRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 130Has thanked: 547 timesBeen thanked: 660 times
I don’t currently use eye liner as I’ve not got to make up yet. Also, it looks proper fiddly to get a decent job out of it so I need to dedicate some time to practising and I also need to get me one of those mirrors with 10z magnify on one side.
However, I have been giving it some thought and although black would be an obvious choice, I’m inclined to also try a grey and maybe a dark blue?
I’m not sure, I would really like to try it but I have no idea if it would look dire or not.
Also, I think I might get on better with one of these ‘gel pens’ I keep reading about and not sure what colours they come in.
Sorry I’ve not been much help, but I’d definitely try other than black. Maybe just round the house first.
- March 28, 2021 at 7:43 pm #470494Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1287Has thanked: 3694 timesBeen thanked: 3546 times
I use eyeliner, and have seen other colours, but only have black. For me, I think I shall stick with the black and use it contrast with the other colours I might use on my eyes.
The other thing is I still find eyeliner the difficult thing to use, and to make it look good.
- March 29, 2021 at 4:17 am #470604
- March 27, 2021 at 8:40 am #469865Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3870 timesBeen thanked: 5779 times
I use black mainly, but I have blue and green…
If I wear red hair, it goes great with green….and as I don’t have green eyes… green eyeliner is second best..and you wear red hair effie
All I would say is…try it, if it doesn’t work you have lost nothing, but don’t die wondering..
- March 27, 2021 at 10:20 am #469900
- March 27, 2021 at 3:57 am #469765Marcellette LavalLadyRegistered On: February 1, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 73Has thanked: 237 timesBeen thanked: 327 times
I have trouble with most eyeliners, maybe because my hand isn’t as steady as it needs to be, and the ‘sharpness’ of the line isn’t very forgiving if you make a mistake. I’ve used eyeshadow as a liner by using a sharp angle brush to put it on where eyeliner would normally go (also lets me experiment with different colours) and it results in a softer line that is more accommodating to errors (which happen often with me!). Like others have said, I also have a mental barrier to putting stuff on my waterline – but I so love how that looks! Maybe one day….
- March 27, 2021 at 6:40 am #469825
- March 27, 2021 at 3:37 am #469760Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 234Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 1242 times
- March 27, 2021 at 1:48 am #469732Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 277Has thanked: 64 timesBeen thanked: 1033 times
I have often used the same colour eyeshadow for the upper lids and the lower lids, light blue with a touch of sparkle makes blue eyes pop.
Thank you ABBA for the inspiration.
- March 27, 2021 at 1:31 am #469727Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 169Has thanked: 318 timesBeen thanked: 894 times
I use brown eyeliner and mascara. I find black is too harsh for me.
I use silver, or grey on bottom waterline.
It’s important to make sure they join in the angle of the eye.
- March 26, 2021 at 5:15 pm #469616Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 211Has thanked: 2164 timesBeen thanked: 990 times
- March 26, 2021 at 6:00 pm #469628
- March 26, 2021 at 4:35 pm #469609Vanessa ?LadyRegistered On: September 26, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 49Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 262 times
I’ve only ever used black so far.
I have a white eyeliner pencil (gift from roommate/ex-girlfriend) but haven’t used it at all, partly because the main use I hear of for white eyeliner is between the eyelashes and the eye itself (I think mentioned in this thread as the “water line”) — and there is no way in hell I’m going to be able to put anything there without freaking out, since anything getting super close to my eyes is really, really bad for me mentally even if it’s harmless in any other way.
- March 26, 2021 at 7:13 pm #469648Lily-Rose NielsenDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 193Has thanked: 977 timesBeen thanked: 697 times
- April 6, 2021 at 7:11 pm #474589Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 790Has thanked: 11452 timesBeen thanked: 2953 times
So do I for a really big look for evening. I’ll do like 3 colors of eye shadow, then white or really light version of main shadow color at inner corners, then run white line pencil from inner corner about 2/3 way to outer corner, then black to outer corner and into the wings. I also use a piece of cellophane tape following the line from your nose past the outer corner to the outer edge of your brow to stop all eye makeup from going past that line. It looks rather dramatic. I’ll then run black liquid liner along the dry line from 1/4 out from inner corner all the way out to the wing.
As far as eye shadow color goes, I have blue eyes, so to make them pop more, I’ll use shades of red, orange, or similar that occupy the opposite side of the color wheel from my shade of blue, and do the darkest in the middle, a few shades lighter around that blended well, then even lighter up under my brow line and near the inner corner. Blend again.
Always starting with the eye brows first to set an upper boundary, and tape to set the outer boundary. When done, peel the tape off, and finish the rest of the face.
- April 6, 2021 at 7:42 pm #474606
- March 26, 2021 at 6:02 pm #469630Effie FulkDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 552Has thanked: 1145 timesBeen thanked: 1783 times
- March 26, 2021 at 3:52 pm #469594IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 297Has thanked: 751 timesBeen thanked: 895 times
I use dark brown eyeliner most of the time as I find black to be just too harsh and brown gives much more natural look which I prefer. I do use black sometimes, but usually only for evening/party time. All depends on the look you want really.
White eyeliner can be used on the lower waterline to ‘open’ the eyes up.
- March 26, 2021 at 5:59 pm #469627
- March 26, 2021 at 4:09 pm #469601Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1091Has thanked: 3589 timesBeen thanked: 5279 times
- March 26, 2021 at 3:18 pm #469580Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 604Has thanked: 1900 timesBeen thanked: 2589 times
I myself haven’t. I go with standard black, but a dark or medium brown could easily work as a replacement.
The blues, reds, white or other colors TO ME in my opinion. are for something very specific.
Not an everyday use. Blacks and browns can go with everything.
xo Robyn 😁❤️
- March 26, 2021 at 3:22 pm #469582Effie FulkDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 552Has thanked: 1145 timesBeen thanked: 1783 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.