Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jess
      Lady

So I’m notsure how to describe this. Now I love eyeshadow and have been putting it on every day and getting quite good as my it. Now I’ve been experimenting with various techniques, but have been having some trouble with a few things I’m not sure how to take care of.
      I tend to find my eyeshadow leaves a shadow under my eyes a bit, kinda like bad version of bags with glitter. I’ve tried to wipe it off without ruining my eyes to no avail and putting some powder on it to to try and cover it up and it doesn’t work. Is there an easy way to prevent it to start? Doesn’t help I’m very near sighted and can’t see what I’m doing til my glasses are back on.
      Also how do I use a pigment palette without making a mess or just in general? It says it’s not for eyes but it was with the eyeshadows. There’s a glittery part that feels like a Vaseline texture, but I don’t know how to prevent it from being too messy.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

The makeup pros I use swear by creme eye shadow.  I don’t have any but plan to buy some.

/EA

I find eyeshadow primer really helps with keeping eyeshadow from falling out or creasing. Lasts longer too, but still comes off easy when you want it to. I have hooded eyes and they can make a real mess of eyeshadow if I’m not careful. Proper brushes help a lot too.

Hi Jess. I’m by no means an expert but I have found that there are some types of shadows and techniques that are going to give me more or less shadow “fallout”.

Pressed powders seem the most fragile and prone to fallout to me. So I am really careful to tap out the application brush before adding it to my lids, add shadow lightly & slowly, blend across the eyelid as I apply it (add a little shadow, blend add a little more shadow, blend, etc.), and don’t overload my crease too much (I have hooded eyes so I blend above the crease anyway).

Creamy shadows are a lot more forgiving is seems, and while I haven’t used a baked shadow, I imagine they would be a bit better too (I have used some baked blush/highlight/bronzer and noticed they were pretty keen on staying where applied.)

As mentioned by others, an eyelid primer will not only cut down on fallout, but keep your shadow brighter and longer lasting (I am guessing because the shadow isn’t falling off as much). If you don’t have some primer, try a little application of concealer on your lid before adding shadow.

Besides being slow and steady in your application, I have found that a simple index card in your makeup kit can be really useful in not only guiding the angle of where the shadow (or eyeliner) goes, but also catching a bit of fallout. But it can git a bit difficult to do everything at once.

Leah
      Baroness

take a q-tip and pit some makeup remover (micellar water makeup remover) and rub the q-tip under your eye. It shocks me how well that works to get rid of the makeup shadow

Anonymous

Goodness Sakes! You ladies are far beyond my limited skills, LOL!

Jess, I’ve been seeing many eyeshadow YouTube videos lately where concealer is applied on the eyelid and then around and under the eye first and then the eyeshadow is applied on top of the concealer. I would assume that the concealer would prevent the eyeshadow from absorbing into the eyelid and leaving the undereye “shadow” you’re experiencing after you remove the eyeshadow.

In the last year or so, I’ve added eyeshadow to my make-up routine; but I’ve only been able to use it one time so far. I intend to try this “tip” the next time I’m able to use my eyeshadow.

Jess
        Lady

Id love to hear what the results are! I think maybe my eyes are getting irritated with the dust lately, so anything that helps is appreciated.

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

I also can hardly see detail without my glasses.  I use a lighted magnifying mirror to do my make up.

I use a concealer stick. Works for brown spots also. Just dab and massage in.
      One thing many girls forget to do is the tops of their hands when getting dolled up. Always blend in some foundation to your hands to make them appear younger. Works every time.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?